Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
DIGITAL DOWNLOADS??? smh, man thats fucked up that they put physical pictures of these things on the pic but really they are just downloads... thats cheap and makes me reconsider my preorder if the price for this will drop..

I had Dark Souls preordered the day it was available on Amazon. Then I found out about the false advertising of the ridiculous "digital downloads." So I cancelled out of spite, and I will just wait for it to drop to below $30 before I buy it.

I refuse to support BS nonsense like that.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']I had Dark Souls preordered the day it was available on Amazon. Then I found out about the false advertising of the ridiculous "digital downloads." So I cancelled out of spite, and I will just wait for it to drop to below $30 before I buy it.

I refuse to support BS nonsense like that.[/QUOTE]

If you really want to spite them, buy it used. :)

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']I had Dark Souls preordered the day it was available on Amazon. Then I found out about the false advertising of the ridiculous "digital downloads." So I cancelled out of spite, and I will just wait for it to drop to below $30 before I buy it.

I refuse to support BS nonsense like that.[/QUOTE]

Agreed with this and Newport above. I canceled my preorder through Amazon today.

Guess I waited a bit too long to order from Amazon - Still put in an order on the standard edition and shot them an email about whether or not it will ever be upgraded to the CE. I also ordered from Newegg, which still said CE (above link) so depending on what Amazon says I'll cancel one of the orders.

Gamestop website also still says CE orders..

[quote name='Arelan']Guess I waited a bit too long to order from Amazon - Still put in an order on the standard edition and shot them an email about whether or not it will ever be upgraded to the CE. I also ordered from Newegg, which still said CE (above link) so depending on what Amazon says I'll cancel one of the orders.

Gamestop website also still says CE orders..[/QUOTE]

Also just put in an order from Newegg, hopefully things will work out. Oddly the order still isn't in my account but I received a confirmation in my email.

As for Gamestop, once you actually place the order it status is automatically "backordered".

[quote name='helmet']Also just put in an order from Newegg, hopefully things will work out. Oddly the order still isn't in my account but I received a confirmation in my email.

As for Gamestop, once you actually place the order it status is automatically "backordered".[/QUOTE]

That's cause its a preorder. All gamestop reads preorders as backordered. Its probably a system where it compares gameQuantity >= 1 and deducts gameQuantity on purchase. If gameQuantity < 1 then print Backordered.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chunlirocks']Great vid. It is the superior EU version. Can't wait![/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShockandAww']What do you mean by superior EU version? I'd rather have the metal case than the discs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't imagine that cardboard box arriving in very good shape all the way from Europe. It doesn't look like a sturdy cardboard box either, more like cereal box cardboard. But then again, the metal case is easily prone to dents/paint chips and whatnot.

I'm glad I cancelled my preorder. All we're getting is a metal case. I wasn't a huge fan of DS (requires way too much time and patience for me) and only preordered because the free CE upgrade was so nice when they originally announced it.

[quote name='mariska']If you really want to spite them, buy it used. :)[/QUOTE]

Except doing that this would hurt From Software as well. Even though I didn't like DS, From Software deserves a ton of credit for creating such a unique game. If you guys liked the first game, then buy this but email Namco a few nasty emails.

If you guys do wanna stick it to Namco, buy used copies of their own, in-house games used (Tekken, Tales, Ace Combat, etc.). I'm buying Tales of Graces F used because of this BS and for their dickish move on not bring PS3 Vesperia to the states, not to mention Namco's twitter douche clearly using the Vesperia logo in a teaser pic and then saying it was a coincidence created by Photoshop's tools when it wasn't.

[quote name='mythus']Fixed, I meant gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks! Was told instore today that preorders stopped online and instore yesterday for this game, so I assumed once I saw that it was backordered that I was out of luck.

[quote name='Arelan']Guess I waited a bit too long to order from Amazon - Still put in an order on the standard edition and shot them an email about whether or not it will ever be upgraded to the CE. I also ordered from Newegg, which still said CE (above link) so depending on what Amazon says I'll cancel one of the orders.

Gamestop website also still says CE orders..[/QUOTE]

Still says "CE" from what I can see on Amazon.

EDIT: CE still there for Xbox... not for PS3

[quote name='Vinny']If you guys do wanna stick it to Namco, buy used copies of their own, in-house games used (Tekken, Tales, Ace Combat, etc.). I'm buying Tales of Graces F used because of this BS and for their dickish move on not bring PS3 Vesperia to the states, not to mention Namco's twitter douche clearly using the Vesperia logo in a teaser pic and then saying it was a coincidence created by Photoshop's tools when it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

You are pretty much guaranteeing we won't get anymore Tales games by doing this.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']considering picking up the EU version for the physical stuff :( but i've got it at newegg for like...43-48 (cant remember)[/QUOTE]
I have the US and EU versions on pre-order. Figured that since I had both Demon Souls Deluxe and Black Phantom, I should keep the trend going with Dark Souls.

[quote name='iPhone']You are pretty much guaranteeing we won't get anymore Tales games by doing this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, fuck that idea. I'd prefer to get Xillia before 2015 thanks.

[quote name='Vinny']

I'm glad I cancelled my preorder. All we're getting is a metal case. I wasn't a huge fan of DS (requires way too much time and patience for me) and only preordered because the free CE upgrade was so nice when they originally announced it. [/QUOTE]

^^ This. I decided not to get Dark Souls; it isn't worth the frustration of dying over and over hundreds of times to beat one boss. I'd prefer a more playable game like Skyrim, which won't have a ridiculous difficulty level.

I could see this CE fetching bit bucks in the resale market if you're into that. It sucks that I could have gotten it from Newegg for like $48 but it was during a time when the contents included were still unknown. Wish I had just locked one in that time since I could have canceled later on

[quote name='iPhone']You are pretty much guaranteeing we won't get anymore Tales games by doing this.[/QUOTE]
Eh, that just sounds like they're holding us hostage. "Buy this game, and then maybe we'll let you buy another game!" As much as I want Xillia to come stateside, I'm not going to go along with that.

I just PRE-ordered at gamestop today and my receipt says "Reg" even though the guy told me I still get upgraded to the limited edition... Is it normal for the receipt to say "reg"?

i think i'm going to cancel my pre-order for Dark Souls CE, but don't worry Namco, it's to get the game from Kmart day one so you still get my money!

I'm just saying I'm not buying Graces F new as my own personal $ vote. I'm not really as big a fan of the series as I am some of the individual games (the two domestic PS1 outings, Symphonia and Vesperia- the rest are forgettable and/or mediocre). And it's not like I'm campaigning others to do the same.

Of course, if domestic response is good I'll probably end up buying it anyway... I don't really trust outside impressions as they don't always resonate well with me.

what the hell? i thought newegg had free shipping? it says free shipping right ont he items, but everything i select costs money. cheapest i can get is ups 3 day for 5 bucks.

Did they change their policy? Im trying to throw in Chaotic for 9.99 as well but that shows free shipping as well

The digital download for the mini guide is lame, but as for the soundtrack... I don't know about you guys, but the only time I ever physically touch a CD is when I'm putting it in the DVD drive to rip to MP3s. Seriously, who listens to CDs when MP3s and similar audio formats are so much more convenient?

Like others are saying, I'm just going to get the real guide and forgo the sample one anyway.

[quote name='eastx']The digital download for the mini guide is lame, but as for the soundtrack... I don't know about you guys, but the only time I ever physically touch a CD is when I'm putting it in the DVD drive to rip to MP3s. Seriously, who listens to CDs when MP3s and similar audio formats are so much more convenient?

Like others are saying, I'm just going to get the real guide and forgo the sample one anyway.[/QUOTE]

I do the same with CD's but I still like owning them for archival purposes and such. You can rip them to whatever format you want, etc..Plus it's just nice having a physical collection

Ok, I read back a few pages and didn't see what's going on with Amazon preorders, why are they bad? I preordered on Amazon in May, am I still getting a CE? And what does it officially come with now? I'll be keeping my preorder regardless though, I loved Demon's Souls (enough to plat it, it's really not THAT hard), so Dark Souls is a no-brainer.

Also, the future Tales game support means nothing to me. I don't care about Tales coming to the US, I already platinumed Graces F and I own Xillia, just haven't started it yet. :)

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I can't imagine that cardboard box arriving in very good shape all the way from Europe. It doesn't look like a sturdy cardboard box either, more like cereal box cardboard. But then again, the metal case is easily prone to dents/paint chips and whatnot.

I'm glad I cancelled my preorder. All we're getting is a metal case. I wasn't a huge fan of DS (requires way too much time and patience for me) and only preordered because the free CE upgrade was so nice when they originally announced it.

Except doing that this would hurt From Software as well. Even though I didn't like DS, From Software deserves a ton of credit for creating such a unique game. If you guys liked the first game, then buy this but email Namco a few nasty emails.

If you guys do wanna stick it to Namco, buy used copies of their own, in-house games used (Tekken, Tales, Ace Combat, etc.). I'm buying Tales of Graces F used because of this BS and for their dickish move on not bring PS3 Vesperia to the states, not to mention Namco's twitter douche clearly using the Vesperia logo in a teaser pic and then saying it was a coincidence created by Photoshop's tools when it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

I love From Software since the ps1 days. They deserve the money but man this company that switched things up later really put a shiner on From Software cause we all know most people will blame them to which i do not. They make quality product and hope they just change who they go through in the future. :)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I love From Software since the ps1 days. They deserve the money but man this company that switched things up later really put a shiner on From Software cause we all know most people will blame them to which i do not. They make quality product and hope they just change who they go through in the future. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree,I love from software since the ps1 days aswell.They deserve to sell ALOT of copies of this game.People complaining about the collector edition is just ridiculous..You still get a metal case and art book for free.Plus an amazing game that's gonna make you wanna break your controller :).

[quote name='gotdott']They have vanilla copies to ship out you know, it's been confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Gross. Think they'll ship out chocolate copies too by chance?

[quote name='SCDallas']I just PRE-ordered at gamestop today and my receipt says "Reg" even though the guy told me I still get upgraded to the limited edition... Is it normal for the receipt to say "reg"?[/QUOTE]

Anyone that PRE-ordered from gamestop mind checking their receipt? :lol:

No longer available at Amazon. I refuse to do business with the devil and Newegg has hilariously awful shipping times.

What to do, what to do.

[quote name='whoknows']Gross. Think they'll ship out chocolate copies too by chance?[/QUOTE]

Cost too much.

Besides, since downgrading the CE, fans have been making their own chocolate.

I pre-ordered Dark Souls from Amazon before the collector's edition upgrade was announced. When I go to the item page it doesn't show that I've ordered it but my order page links to the collector's edition. There is another item page for the standard edition which does list it being ordered. Which version will I be getting?

[quote name='SCDallas']Anyone that PRE-ordered from gamestop mind checking their receipt? :lol:[/QUOTE]Sure. My receipt says the following:

"RESERVE ORDER DEPOSIT: 14923
270825 Dark Souls CE SD"

I'm pretty sure the SD stands for "Street Date". SCDallas, I suggest you compare the SKU on your receipt with the number 270825 above; if that number is on your receipt, you're probably getting the CE.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I pre-ordered Dark Souls from Amazon before the collector's edition upgrade was announced. When I go to the item page it doesn't show that I've ordered it but my order page links to the collector's edition. There is another item page for the standard edition which does list it being ordered. Which version will I be getting?[/QUOTE]

You should chat with them and confirm. I'm the same, asked yesterday and they said that the one I was getting was the CE.

still debating amazon here.
i really dont care about an art book but 5$ promotion credit is the best deal i can find atm. there is kmart but i dont shop there to put that credit to use. i'm just one of those people that hate paying over 50 for a game i guess.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I pre-ordered Dark Souls from Amazon before the collector's edition upgrade was announced. When I go to the item page it doesn't show that I've ordered it but my order page links to the collector's edition. There is another item page for the standard edition which does list it being ordered. Which version will I be getting?[/QUOTE]
Amazon has made it confusing from the start, because they listed DS twice (one for standard before the CE was announced and then one for the CE). Later, they merged the two products and just said pre-orders will get the CE. Old pre-orders link to the original product page and newer ones go to the CE, I guess. All I know is if there isn't a CE on my doorstep day one, Amazon WILL find me a copy of it in their warehouse or they will be paying me for the copy I find elsewhere.

I'm so pumped for this game. Demon's Souls is my first and only platinum for the PS3. Luckily the Gamestop near me is doing a midnight release so that sealed my decision on where I am picking the game up at. I'm taking a vacation day from work to play also.

As far as the changes to the CE goes it doesn't matter to me. I was going to buy the game on launch anyways and I don't have a sense of entitlement to something that was going to be a free upgrade anyways. I can understand how some people are upset by the change though. I'm buying the game for the game though not stuff that is going to sit on my shelf and gather dust.

I was thinking of pre-ordering this from Gamestop for the collector's edition or gettting the regular edition from Kmart with their $20 coupon deal is going to be on it.

It is going to be collector's edition for $59.99 or regular edition for $59.99, but with $20 coupon for a future purchase.

My main concern is will the extras in the collector's edition, basically be worth passing up a $20 coupon?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I was thinking of pre-ordering this from Gamestop for the collector's edition or gettting the regular edition from Kmart with their $20 coupon deal is going to be on it.

It is going to be collector's edition for $59.99 or regular edition for $59.99, but with $20 coupon for a future purchase.

My main concern is will the extras in the collector's edition, basically be worth $20?[/QUOTE]

Read the first post.

I'm able to PM K-Mart's coupons at my BB... so I pre-ordered a copy there. I praying that they actually get the CE though. There could be so many fuck-ups that occur along the way.

And I still have my $50 pre-order from Newegg, and another one on Amazon >.<

Dilemma!

[quote name='Jodou']Amazon has made it confusing from the start, because they listed DS twice (one for standard before the CE was announced and then one for the CE). Later, they merged the two products and just said pre-orders will get the CE. Old pre-orders link to the original product page and newer ones go to the CE, I guess. All I know is if there isn't a CE on my doorstep day one, Amazon WILL find me a copy of it in their warehouse or they will be paying me for the copy I find elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Jodou I wouldn't worry too much about it. I know Amazon made a mess on two listing as others canceled the previous order for the one that said C.E. I ordered mine the first day when it listed the FREE upgrade. My link takes me to C.E. page. They should honor you a C.E. because they just have to see that you made the pre-order.

Lets hope no orders get fucked up from this fiasco!

Emailed Amazon earlier today about possibly matching Kmarts $20 GC.

Got a generic response pretty much saying NO and to just keep checking for more deals in the coming weeks on other products.

Wanna place bets that on Oct 5th they PM because because Kmart doesn't sell the CE and there are no more for sale on Amazon?

bread's done
Back