Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='grungygamer']Yes it did. I guess that should have taken the mystery out of it.[/QUOTE]
I also got my CE in the mail today, and it never specified it was the collectors edition (though, I did preorder in May, so if it wasn't, I'd be bummed haha). So despite what your order actually states when it ships, you could still get it.

When I first heard Namco/Bandai was responsible for the production, I knew this would happen. Atlus USA is probably the best American distributor of Japanese software. They know what the user wants and they usually have a good relation with the distributors.

Wow I got Lucky, I had Xbox 360 CE ordered at Amazon which I cancelled as I wanted PS3 version. Could not order at Bestbuy or Gamestop as they stopped pre-orders.

I did the Order to pick up in store at Bestbuy, and I just come back with a PS3 CE version, so I am happy, sorry for all the other crap people have been facing.

well my 360 CE has been in "Shipping Soon" for over 24 hours now, come on Amazon. I couldent wait to try the game out so I rented it from RedBox (only $2/night)

So, not only did my Best Buy not have any CEs for any of the 10 or so pre-orders, but they also refused to price match Fry's sale price because it wasn't available for in-store pick-up. When I told them to actually call Fry's, they flat out refused to do it. When I offered to do it for them, I was pretty much brush aside. What a great start for the day.

Talked to an amazon rep about the CE I had ordered and "Not Shipped"

My order should have been here today, where is it?
Abhishek :Hello, my name is Abhishek. I'll be happy to help you.
Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?
Me:Yes
Abhishek :Unfortunately, unexpected fluctuations in our inventory occasionally happen, and that can add time to our original availability estimate. I know it's frustrating when that happens, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
Me:What does that mean?
Abhishek :I am sorry you're order has been delayed.
Me:For how long? I pay 40$ a year to have Release date shipping.
Abhishek :As a goodwill gesture, I've issued a promotional certificate for $10.00 to your account, which can be applied towards future purchases at Amazon.com. This credit will be automatically applied the next time you order an item that's shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
Me:When can I expect to see the item would you say? Thanks you by the way.
Abhishek :I am sorry as soon as we will have the delivery date we will send you the email.
Please do not worry you will receive you're order very soon.
Me:But this item is in limited quantities, I must be insured that this will be the COLLECTORS EDITION
Abhishek :Yes of course that will be the collector's edition please do not worry.
Me:Okay, so I will be receiving the Collector's edition, and I will get an email when it ships. Will it be within the next week?
Abhishek :Yes please that is right.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:Okay, who do I call if it is not here within a week?
Abhishek : If you'd like to give us a call, our phone number is 1-866-216-1072. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Me:Alright thanks, I guess thats all; thanks for your help Abhishek
Abhishek :Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope that you will continue to consider Amazon.com for your future online shopping needs.

[quote name='iiiweaponiii']has anyone been able to pick up a collectors edition from walmart?[/QUOTE]
I think one person in the thread said they were able to find one, most everyone else either it was standard edition or they had none in stock.

So after getting fucked over by newegg i spent the better part of this morning driving around.

The following stores definitely do NOT have any CE's:
Best Buy
Fry's

those two the sales people straight up said they didn't and werent going to get any. Target, and Walmart dont seem to have any either, though obviously their sales people dont know crap. In fact Walmart had absolutely none of either version out. Skimming this thread it seems other people have ran into the same thing. I went to several gamestops and found one that had an extra copy!

heres a couple decent sized pics of the cover and back
http://home.comcast.net/~kenshindono/junk/darksouls1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~kenshindono/junk/darksouls2.jpg

Its actually a really poorly packaged collectors edition. THe slip cover feels kinda loose and oversized for the game. Anyone else's like that? The seal on the bottom isn't put on straight either and is kinda crinkled. I also notice that line across the dark souls logo.. though im not sure if thats a printing error or part of the design. Anyone else's look like that? I saw a close up of someones with a cigarette burn on it o_O

Im seeing a lot of complaints about these being damaged. Whats wrong with the inside? I was gonna keep it sealed for now since my ps3 is broken anyway, but hearing a lot of people complain about damage is concerning. Im wondering if i should open it up and take a look. My joy will be greatly tempered if this things damaged since i dont think i can get a replacement at all
http://home.comcast.net/~kenshindono/junk/darksouls2.jpg

[quote name='DarkFayte05']Talked to an amazon rep about the CE I had ordered and "Not Shipped"

Abhishek :Unfortunately, unexpected fluctuations in our inventory occasionally happen, and that can add time to our original availability estimate. I know it's frustrating when that happens, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
Abhishek :As a goodwill gesture, I've issued a promotional certificate for $10.00 to your account, which can be applied towards future purchases at Amazon.com. This credit will be automatically applied the next time you order an item that's shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
Abhishek :I am sorry as soon as we will have the delivery date we will send you the email.
Me:But this item is in limited quantities, I must be insured that this will be the COLLECTORS EDITION
Abhishek :Yes of course that will be the collector's edition please do not worry.
Me:Okay, so I will be receiving the Collector's edition, and I will get an email when it ships. Will it be within the next week?
Abhishek : If you'd like to give us a call, our phone number is 1-866-216-1072. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Abhishek :Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope that you will continue to consider Amazon.com for your future online shopping needs.[/QUOTE]

You sound like an impatient punk.

[quote name='DarkFayte05']Talked to an amazon rep about the CE I had ordered and "Not Shipped"

Abhishek :Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope that you will continue to consider Amazon.com for your future online shopping needs.[/QUOTE]

When did you order it?

Oh thank fucking god, my order just shipped. Should know if I have a CE or not tomorrow. :D

Total weight 2lbs via Ensenda wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

[quote name='Jodou']Oh thank fucking god, my order just shipped. Should know if I have a CE or not tomorrow. :D

Total weight 2lbs via Ensenda wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee![/QUOTE]

What state are you from and was it shipping soon before? Mine has been shipping soon since 7am. CS even gave me a tracking number and assured me I would recieve it today.

[quote name='Nogib']Can this whole mess be nominated for a Cheapy Award next year in a "Biggest fuck-up" category? :)[/QUOTE]

Its got my vote. In the end: Namco (especially), Bestbuy, Newegg = fuck you. Gamestop = fuck Yeah!!!!

All those places failed me with my pre-orders, and were absolutely useless with customer service. Newegg just plain failing, and bestbuy assuring me twice they had a box full of CE's, and they were "definently" CE's, when they had zero. But if you want this CE, CALL GAMESTOPS! DO IT NOW! They are probably your only hope. I called one, and they had 1 extra PS3 version to hold for me. I've seen other people getting lucky with gamestop.

[quote name='Xenogears']Its got my vote. In the end: Namco, Bestbuy, Newegg = fuck you. Gamestop = fuck Yeah!!!!

All those places failed me with my pre-orders, and were absolutely useless with customer service. But if you want this CE, CALL GAMESTOPS! DO IT NOW! They are probably your only hope. I called one, and they had 1 extra PS3 version to hold for me. I've seen other people getting lucky with gamestop.[/QUOTE]

+1 this is the rare occasion where Gamestop came out on top. I got my copy there, but am worried about it maybe being damaged.. at least i have one though. I just called every other local one and they had no extras. I guess i got the only extra one in a 25 mile radius

its gets my vote as well. Worse part about getting screwed by namco/bestbuy is that if I am to try to find a copy now people will be selling at double the price

Mine was delivered by UPS around 1 pm this afternoon. I had to drive across town to my old address to pick it up. At first when I pulled into the driveway I didn't see it and was like WTF?! I then looked closer and noticed the driver put it under the doormat. Thankfully no one stepped on it!

Got mine picked up as soon as i could. It was in perfect condition, and i haven't opened it yet, but it really is a nice CE box. The metal tin is about 3x the thickness of a normal game case, looks fancy. My condolences to those that got screwed over by namco/bestbuy/newegg and can't get one. I wouldn't say it's worth anymore than MSRP, but it is definently worth trying to get while you still can.

CALL GAMESTOP

[quote name='Xenogears']Got mine picked up as soon as i could. It was in perfect condition, and i haven't opened it yet, but it really is a nice CE box. The metal tin is about 3x the thickness of a normal game case, looks fancy[/QUOTE]

was your plastic slip cover kinda loose fitting? Mine was and i was wondering if it got a bit pinched with the off center bottom seal mine seemed to have.

Im also wondering if the Dark Soul's logo looks like the one on the pic i posted last page, or if thats a printing error on mine. I mean the line that goes across the whole thing with the kinda circle in the middle

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Did anyone check toysrus?[/QUOTE]

fuck i was near there and didn't even think of it... wonder if they had any

I just got my copy, plastic cover is a bit loose, but tin case and game are fine. Also how cheap is namco and their artbook? I opened it up and a page fell out, if I had paid extra for this I would want a refund.

[quote name='jacknicklson']That is the logo, its normal/intentional[/QUOTE]

pretty screwy looking logo. It looks like some paint got smeared

[quote name='Terlan']I just got my copy, plastic cover is a bit loose, but tin case and game are fine. Also how cheap is namco and their artbook? I opened it up and a page fell out, if I had paid extra for this I would want a refund.[/QUOTE]

ungh.. this has me worried.. what the hell do we do if we get a damaged copy? Seems there aren't enough to exchange if thats the case. Would namco do a replacment direct? I ask because my cover is a bit loose too. The tin case seems ok though. However when i shake the case theres a very faint rattle inside. Like a tiny little piece of plastic is loose. It doesn't sound like the disk is loose, but mayb esomething broke off and is rattling around.. a tooth from the spindle maybe?

Anyone who's opened theirs up know what that rattle could be? Is it one of the pack in items possibly?

The status on my amazon order has just gone to shipping soon. Wow I don't know how amazon is gonna pull this off. They might of been the reason for bestbuy not getting a CE from the looks of it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']pretty screwy looking logo. It looks like some paint got smeared

ungh.. this has me worried.. what the hell do we do if we get a damaged copy? Seems there aren't enough to exchange if thats the case. Would namco do a replacment direct? I ask because my cover is a bit loose too. The tin case seems ok though. However when i shake the case theres a very faint rattle inside. Like a tiny little piece of plastic is loose. It doesn't sound like the disk is loose, but mayb esomething broke off and is rattling around.. a tooth from the spindle maybe?

Anyone who's opened theirs up know what that rattle could be? Is it one of the pack in items possibly?[/QUOTE]
Its probably the little card with the code for the downloadable content. It was just sitting loose between the game case and artbook in mine.

Anyone know how accurate GameStop's web site is? According to them, every store within a 60-mile radius has this in stock. It wouldn't surprise me because I can't imagine this general area to have much interest in a game like this, but you never know.

[quote name='Jodou']Oh thank fucking god, my order just shipped. Should know if I have a CE or not tomorrow. :D

Total weight 2lbs via Ensenda wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee![/QUOTE]

Mine still says shipping soon. I just hope they ship it today so I can get it tomorrow. Lucky that yours actually shipped haha.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Anyone know how accurate GameStop's web site is? According to them, every store within a 60-mile radius has this in stock. It wouldn't surprise me because I can't imagine this general area to have much interest in a game like this, but you never know.[/QUOTE]

not accurate at all. It counts the pre orders that are sold i belive. It shows the same thing to every store around here and they do NOT have any

Yup, my logo looks exactly the same, with the line through the middle. Alittle odd, but thats just the design i guess. My slip cover is not loose at all though. Its actually pretty tight, i had to pull hard to slide it off. The tin case looks nice, but once you open it you can tell how thin it is, with cheap plastic inside. It does seem kinda crummy, far from a steel book. My artbook had all the pages intact, for now. It seems really cheap too. Its still ok though.

So, worth trying to get if you can. Don't be too distraught if you can't though. Its just a metal tin and a little book

Man not sure if I want to open my copy or not. I feel like I won the lottery just by getting a CE copy! lol!!!

If I can sell it by next friday for enough to pay off my new ps3 at gamestop and get a vanilla copy, then I may just do that. Otherwise I'll just keep it and enjoy it.

[quote name='Terlan']Its probably the little card with the code for the downloadable content. It was just sitting loose between the game case and artbook in mine.[/QUOTE]
That would be my guess as well

Wow I just checked and they decided to ship to my parents address. I guess when I changed to release day shipping it defaulted back to that address, and I wont be able to pick the game up from their house for 2 weeks, oh well I've waited this long....

Just got my CE from amazon. Weight was listed as 1.1 pounds. They shipped it only in a bubble envelope so now there's a giant ding in the top of the tin. Oh well, guess I should just be thankful I got the CE at all.

[quote name='Xenogears']Yup, my logo looks exactly the same, with the line through the middle. Alittle odd, but thats just the design i guess. My slip cover is not loose at all though. Its actually pretty tight, i had to pull hard to slide it off. The tin case looks nice, but once you open it you can tell how thin it is, with cheap plastic inside. It does seem kinda crummy, far from a steel book. My artbook had all the pages intact, for now. It seems really cheap too. Its still ok though.

So, worth trying to get if you can. Don't be too distraught if you can't though. Its just a metal tin and a little book[/QUOTE]

thanks for checking. Weird. I think maybe they were trying to do a lens flare effect or something? And it just came out shitty. Looks like my cover just got a bit pinched. The bottom seal on mine is put on crooked and bound it up. But still its a little loose in general or that wouldn't have happened

[quote name='Terlan']Its probably the little card with the code for the downloadable content. It was just sitting loose between the game case and artbook in mine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Xenogears']That would be my guess as well[/QUOTE]

hmm is the card made of plastic? The sound sounds like plastic on plastic, not really a cardboard sound. I hope thats what it is because im pretty boned if somethings broken and wiggling around in there. I just saw a UK unboxing video and see that they actually got a physical soundtrack and making of DVD.. i think we just got a stupid code

[quote name='vessey632']They shipped it only in a bubble envelope so now there's a giant ding in the top of the tin. [/QUOTE]
Good God. This has me worried. :censored:

[quote name='vessey632']Just got my CE from amazon. Weight was listed as 1.1 pounds. They shipped it only in a bubble envelope so now there's a giant ding in the top of the tin. Oh well, guess I should just be thankful I got the CE at all.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks. At least you got yours. My brother's been on the phone with Amazon for 20 minutes asking about it and they basically said he'd get it tomorrow (maybe) but couldn't confirm if he'll get the regular or CE, even though his order page clearly says the CE version.

Of course, he understands this isn't Amazon's fault (or any other retailer's). It's Namco fault. I hope FROM decides to pick a better publisher next time. I told him to send them an email to let them know about this BS.

[quote name='Ribkage']My PS3 CE just came from amazon. Metal case dented up, top crushed, top half of inside insert to keep everything in place totally shattered into like 20 pieces. GG amazon, thx for the great packaging as always.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully my metal tin is fine, but they shrinkwrapped the thing to a piece of carboard and the shrinkwrap completely warped and bent the slipcover... Great. Mine wasn't in a bubble mailer though; it came in an actual box. On the phone with CS to try and get a partial refund.

Received my CE from Amazon this afternoon. Came heavily padded with paper and those plastic air pockets in a box much larger than the actual game case. I knew it was the CE the second I picked up the package because it was heavy in comparison to a regular game. No dings or scratches and the plastic slip cover is perfectly straight.

I am working on three games right now, so I think I will wait and open it later. Also, I think I might go back and get the remaining trophies for the Demon's Souls platinum before I start this.

Got my CE about 3 hours ago. Arrived in a normal box type package like most game and dvd's come, so it fit in nicely. Not a single smudge mark or bend. Ordered it from Amazon once the regular edition was available for preorder and didn't touch it except for changing delivery speed to RDD.

I really don't understand Amazon's warehouse packers sometimes. Are they retarded, or do they just not care? Why ship something like this in a bubble mailer? The other day I got a tiny Gillette Fusion razor in a big ass box, it was just dangling in there, a total waste. It makes no fucking sense. They don't have any sort of sense when packing items

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']Just curious but for those who pre-ordered through Amazon, when did you guys place your order?[/QUOTE]

July 5th

[quote name='rpghope18']Got my CE about 3 hours ago. Arrived in a normal box type package like most game and dvd's come, so it fit in nicely. Not a single smudge mark or bend. Ordered it from Amazon once the regular edition was available for preorder and didn't touch it except for changing delivery speed to RDD.[/QUOTE]

Same here on all counts....

bread's done
Back