Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='salty tbone']Congrats. Not sure why, but I'm happy you changed your mind after weeks of telling us you weren't buying it at launch[/QUOTE]

haha well played salty tbone! :applause:

Most of the whiners from weeks back secretly have day1 pre-orders out. Especially with how difficult it will be to get a CE later down the line.

(i have 3) :]

Hey, why lose an opportunity to make money? In fact I may preorder a 360 CE too . . . I have a feeling there will be a lot less of those around, thus more rare. These should go for $150 easy shortly after launch, don't you all think? :lol:

[quote name='Fearia']Tried to get release day delivery on my Amazon order, but no go. They did upgrade it to 1 day delivery at no charge. Hopefully, RDD comes back and I'll be able to get that. If not, no biggie.

According to Kotaku, the only difference they've found in the 360 version vs the PS3 is occassional stuttering in frame rate. Quality wise though, everything else matches.

With that being said, they didn't get as far into the 360 version as the PS3. I think I'm going to stick with the 360 still though, due to being an achievement whore and having more friends on the 360. Tough call though.[/QUOTE]

Same. Haha I use to not care about achievements at all but I've turned into an achievement whore. I've find myself going back and completing games I had partial achievements on to get all of them. I think its slightly OCD for me. lol.

On a side note Frys does have it for $49.99 just hoping they have the CE in stock. If not I am going to try my luck at BB and have them PM it.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Hey, why lose an opportunity to make money? In fact I may preorder a 360 CE too . . . I have a feeling there will be a lot less of those around, thus more rare. These should go for $150 easy shortly after launch, don't you all think? :lol:[/QUOTE]

chimpmeister said there's going to be tons of these around, so it probably won't be worth as much as you think. Oh, wait.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']chimpmeister said there's going to be tons of these around, so it probably won't be worth as much as you think. Oh, wait.[/QUOTE]

Well at least I can take care of some people who got screwed on the Newegg "CE" preorders . . . and I'll only mark the game up 100%, that seems very fair. I'm just about helping people get the game, that's all! :mrgreen: Now off to order some 360 CEs, those are going to be hot for sure!

[quote name='joshnorm']I was told today by the two stores that they don't know how many they will get for the CE on Tuesday.

So lucky for me I will pre-order kept the print out and will try to get in there early Tuesday to ensure that I have a copy.[/QUOTE]

My store had the copies sitting in the storage room already... UPS shipments came in on Friday. Maybe? there's a chance they'll get more by Tuesday, but I doubt it. First come first serve seems like the way it's gonna be though... Get there at 10a.m. Tuesday!

[quote name='salty tbone']Congrats. Not sure why, but I'm happy you changed your mind after weeks of telling us you weren't buying it at launch.

[/QUOTE]

Flip, meet Flop. Well played! :applause:

[quote name='nieon']godspeed, chimpmeister.. only you know the oracle foretellings![/QUOTE]

If we ignore him he'll slowly disappear.....:whistle2:\"

From what I've heard, the CE is pretty weak, I think I'll just stick with my Newegg preorder and save the $10 and find the soundtrack and making video online later

[quote name='Kyoz']definitely huge spoilers in that vid, I stopped mid-way through. Do not watch, lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you can't deny you got a lil scared there, eh? :whistle2:# At least I did, heheh.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Yeah, but you can't deny you got a lil scared there, eh? :whistle2:# At least I did, heheh.[/QUOTE]

For suree....first thing I said to myself was, "Can not play while gf and kid are home" I'm going to be raging wayyy too much. lol

[quote name='Kyoz']For suree....first thing I said to myself was, "Can not play while gf and kid are home" I'm going to be raging wayyy too much. lol[/QUOTE]

For me it was more like "Oh crap!".

The CE is sold out everywhere, Best Buy just told me that all pre-orders made this month will NOT be CE. The system just hasnt updated for them (much like deepdiscount, they dont carry CE either but their website says they do)

[quote name='urallgyots']The CE is sold out everywhere, Best Buy just told me that all pre-orders made this month will NOT be CE. The system just hasnt updated for them (much like deepdiscount, they dont carry CE either but their website says they do)[/QUOTE]

That's a huge YMMV. I went into bestbuy late last night and placed 2 CE pre-orders, I even double checked with the manager and he told me they had CEs.

[quote name='urallgyots']The CE is sold out everywhere, Best Buy just told me that all pre-orders made this month will NOT be CE. The system just hasnt updated for them (much like deepdiscount, they dont carry CE either but their website says they do)[/QUOTE]

Well I am sure they will be experiencing a shitstorm of angry people. When I went to pre-order it says Collectors Ed. If I don't get my collectors edition through the mail/or in store then I will be bitter and voice that disapointment

This reminds me of the whole Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition fiasco. For things like this I actually pre-order at Gamestop now as last time Best Buy failed big time.

[quote name='salty tbone']Congrats. Not sure why, but I'm happy you changed your mind after weeks of telling us you weren't buying it at launch.

[/QUOTE]

Greatness!!

[quote name='SCDallas']Everyone needs to stop being so bitter and bashing the CE, not getting in a pre-order on time, etc. Grow up and stfu.[/QUOTE]

totally legitimate to complain about retail/online stores selling collector's editions when they don't have them.

it doesn't help either that the game was sold as just "dark souls" rather than clearly distinguishing both from the beginning

First, it was pages of people complaining about this collector's edition and how it isn't worth it. Now it's pages of people complaining that they won't get their CE after waiting till the last minute to pre-order. Interesting.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!

wow you got roasted sonnnnnnnn

Just spoke to an amazon rep via chat idk how reliable this is but here ya go

You are now connected to Sridhar from Amazon.com.
Me:will i be getting the collectors upgrade
Sridhar:Hello, my name is Sridhar. I'll be happy to help you today.
Kyle, you will receive an automatic upgrade to the Collector's Edition for no extra charge.
Me:eek:k good i was wondering because product page only says standard edition
Sridhar:I'm sorry about that, Kyle.
You will receive the collector's edition.
Me:eek:k very good i will be lookingh forward to it
Sridhar: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me:thats it
Sridhar:Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a great day.

Those who have pre ordered at best buy and were worried about not getting the CE, fret no longer. Read this (from a user on gamefaqs)

I'm the gaming supervisor at my local best buy and while looking for a copy of xmen destiny for a customer I stumbled upon the box of dark souls. Now I'm torn because I know there are 20 copies sitting in the backroom and I'm not allowed to touch em till are midnight release on monday. Le sigh. So tempting to just "misplace" one copy
"
http://www.gamespot.com/users/Camchilla/
Oct 1, 2011 12:40 pm PT
Also just so everyone knows all of the copies are collecters editions. Split 50/50 between 360 and PS3.
"

[quote name='bsaaCarter20']Those who have pre ordered at best buy and were worried about not getting the CE, fret no longer. Read this (from a user on gamefaqs)

I'm the gaming supervisor at my local best buy and while looking for a copy of xmen destiny for a customer I stumbled upon the box of dark souls. Now I'm torn because I know there are 20 copies sitting in the backroom and I'm not allowed to touch em till are midnight release on monday. Le sigh. So tempting to just "misplace" one copy
"

Also just so everyone knows all of the copies are collecters editions. Split 50/50 between 360 and PS3.
"[/QUOTE]

only 20 copies? oh dear...they are definitely going to run out. I've preordered 5 copies myself :cool:

depending on demand, it might be hard to find dark souls altogether. I check the street fates section, and target doesn't carry the CE at all, and only 3 ps3 versions and twice as many 360. all in standard edition. you can look at their glorious boxes below if you like though

[quote name='bsaaCarter20']Those who have pre ordered at best buy and were worried about not getting the CE, fret no longer. Read this (from a user on gamefaqs)

"

"[/QUOTE]

Varies store by store. Might be the case for higher volume stores, but that's completely contradicting to my local store's situation.

[quote name='SCDallas']Everyone needs to stop being so bitter and bashing the CE, not getting in a pre-order on time, etc. Grow up and stfu.[/QUOTE]

I do have a pre order for the CE you dipshit, I just don't give a fuck you dumbass.

[quote name='AgentW']depending on demand, it might be hard to find dark souls altogether. I check the street fates section, and target doesn't carry the CE at all, and only 3 ps3 versions and twice as many 360. all in standard edition. you can look at their glorious boxes below if you like though

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, what a waste of money.

I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order from August @ Newegg due to them not being able to guarantee what version I'll get. Went into BB today and pre-ordered the PS3 Collector's Edition. The guy in the gaming section who did my pre-order made it seem like I would get the CE with no problem. He said they usually order extras and there will most likely be plenty. He said the only time they have ever had a shortage of pre-orders was for Dead Island. I'll be there at 9am on Tues just to make sure I get one though.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hahaha, what a waste of money.[/QUOTE]

I believe he said that was Targets stock...not what he went to go purchase....

[quote name='joshnorm']I believe he said that was Targets stock...not what he went to go purchase....[/QUOTE]

No youre wrong always have to chime in. fuck

[quote name='joshnorm']I believe he said that was Targets stock...not what he went to go purchase....[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad, I thought he was talking about Target's stock and then showing a picture of what he bought, never mind.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh, my bad, I thought he was talking about Target's stock and then showing a picture of what he bought, never mind.[/QUOTE]

It was hard to follow but I think he was saying here is what Target is getting so it might be like Dead Island where it was difficult to find the first week (everywhere).

If he bought all these then yeah...I agree with you 100% what a waste.

[quote name='phillyphill39']No youre wrong always have to chime in. fuck[/QUOTE]

Who the fuck is this guy?

[quote name='joshnorm']It was hard to follow but I think he was saying here is what Target is getting so it might be like Dead Island where it was difficult to find the first week (everywhere).

If he bought all these then yeah...I agree with you 100% what a waste.[/QUOTE]

When i see you in the game you're dead Josh you're fucking dead..

Not sure if it helps at all, or if the guy knew what he was talking about, but:

You are now connected to Manikandan from Amazon.com.
Me:Hello I am interested in purchasing Dark Souls for PS3 but I only want to order it if it will be the collector's edition. Can you confirm any information on this product? It's having a really sketchy launch and it's hard to find information on what retailers are still selling the collector's edition.... Thanks in advance for any information you can provide me.

Manikandan:Hello, my name is Manikandan. I'll be happy to help you.
Yes, you'll receive the collector edition if you placed the order via standard.
You're welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:do you know this to be fact? I really would not like to have to go through having to return it etc
I don't mean to second guess you, but just want to be certain so I don't have to go to local stores to try to find it when it releases.

Manikandan:I'll forward your feedback to our appropriate department.

Me:Would it be possible to chat with someone from video games or for you to contact them for me?

Manikandan:I'm sorry. They don't have direct support.

Me:ah ok

Manikandan:You can contact us via e-mail, chat and phone.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:but once again, ordering a standard copy right now will actually be a collector's edition copy?

Manikandan:Yes, you're right.

Help me not to laugh when the price drops to $20-30 in 1 month and none of you can price match because you got the collectors edition

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='akuma77']Help me not to laugh when the price drops to $20-30 in 1 month and none of you can price match because you got the collectors edition

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/QUOTE]
LOL u r funy

[quote name='Luketaru']Not sure if it helps at all, or if the guy knew what he was talking about, but:

You are now connected to Manikandan from Amazon.com.
Me:Hello I am interested in purchasing Dark Souls for PS3 but I only want to order it if it will be the collector's edition. Can you confirm any information on this product? It's having a really sketchy launch and it's hard to find information on what retailers are still selling the collector's edition.... Thanks in advance for any information you can provide me.

Manikandan:Hello, my name is Manikandan. I'll be happy to help you.
Yes, you'll receive the collector edition if you placed the order via standard.
You're welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:do you know this to be fact? I really would not like to have to go through having to return it etc
I don't mean to second guess you, but just want to be certain so I don't have to go to local stores to try to find it when it releases.

Manikandan:I'll forward your feedback to our appropriate department.

Me:Would it be possible to chat with someone from video games or for you to contact them for me?

Manikandan:I'm sorry. They don't have direct support.

Me:ah ok

Manikandan:You can contact us via e-mail, chat and phone.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me:but once again, ordering a standard copy right now will actually be a collector's edition copy?

Manikandan:Yes, you're right.[/QUOTE]

How useful are amazon reps anyways? Part 1

me: so everyone who ordered these games for a penny will have their orders canceled?
amazon rep: yes that's right
me: every single order??
amazon rep: yes, I am sorry for the inconvenience

[quote name='animemaniac14']My shipments arrived yesterday, although i must say im very jealous at the guy who got 89 games...congrats to you man, YOU definitely win! all i got was this...

24o905x.jpg

Oh yeah...and just a little of this:

30981u0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that's how useful these indian amazon reps are.

[quote name='urallgyots']
How useful are amazon reps anyways? Part 1

me: so everyone who ordered these games for a penny will have their orders canceled?
amazon rep: yes that's right
me: every single order??
amazon rep: yes, I am sorry for the inconvenience

that's how useful these indian amazon reps are.[/QUOTE]
image.php

;)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hahaha, holy shit at the Killzone 3 stock. I'm mad I missed that 1 cent debacle.[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss much. I was at my computer putting in orders for penny games and everything of mine got canceled like most of us.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']
image.php

;)[/QUOTE]
ya im mad, i'm raging

Jesus so much negativity, whining, and complaining in this thread.
I preordered for the steel book case, which they gave everyone ample time to do so. For those so worried about getting it at this point a good idea would be to check the major retailers such as best buy or go to gamestop on Thursday and buy a preordered copy no one picked up. Since they only hold it for 48 hours.

But in the end, it's the game we should all care about not the extra stuff with it.

bread's done
Back