Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='urallgyots']seriously dude go to the planet X/Gamestop at the glendale galleria, that girl is BEYOND fine

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap :lol:

and she has that cute little mexican accent going too man, 5'5 with a huge rack and a tiny waist DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN SONNNN[/QUOTE]

Glendale, CA? Looks like I need to take a trip.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Glendale, CA? Looks like I need to take a trip.[/QUOTE]

do it son!!!!!!!!!! 5'4 with double Ds and a tiny waist with the face of Jessica Alba, yes please :bouncy:

[quote name='Ardrid']But, see, that's exactly what I'm talking about when I mention subjectivity impacting what should strictly be an objective affair. Whether you care about achievements or not should have no bearing on whether the game is objectively good or bad, no more than whether you like the genre of music chosen for the game or the color of a character's hair. That's not to say subjectivity does not have its place in reviews, but it should be decidedly ancillary and secondary[/QUOTE]

I'll give you another example - some people care more about graphics than others. Or it could be sound, or loading time, or how matchmaking works in multiplayer. There are an infinite number of variables, and they affect all of us and our enjoyment of games differently.

There will never be an objective set of review standards that all others must follow. You can't change that unless you plan to buy up all of the review sites and magazines and enforce your new world order on the field of videogame criticism. The only thing you can pretty much get everyone to agree with is that reviews must be informative and must address how fun the game is. The fun part remains entirely subjective for the reasons I've described already.

As I said before, the standards, the criteria to be evaluated, depend on who's doing the evaluation. If you don't like how one person or organization looks at games, then avoid their reviews and find a place whose reviews gel more with your own.

[quote name='eastx']I'll give you another example - some people care more about graphics than others. Or it could be sound, or loading time, or how matchmaking works in multiplayer. There are an infinite number of variables, and they affect all of us and our enjoyment of games differently.

There will never be an objective set of review standards that all others must adhere to. You can't change that unless you plan to buy up all of the review sites and magazines and enforce your new world order on the field of videogame criticism. The only thing you can pretty much get everyone to agree with is that reviews must be informative and must address how fun the game is. The fun part remains entirely subjective for the reasons I've described already.

As I said before, the standards, the criteria to be evaluated, depend on who's doing the evaluation. If you don't like how one person or organization looks at games, then avoid their reviews and find a place whose reviews gel more with your own.[/QUOTE]

Yep 100% right. Thats where I was going with the "you really have to think deeper about it" thing haha. you pretty much wrote what I didnt feel like writing haha.

Also personally what I've learned over the years is to just to not let any review influence me. I buy what looks great to me and what interests me. Reviews are fun to read or watch, no doubt, but please don't let it influence what your interested in! I look at reviews after the fact and after I've decided if I like the game or not. Then I go ahead and agree or disagree.

Too many people dismiss what could end up being one of their favorite games, based on an IGN 6.5 score.

Why is Dark Souls so awesome now? It has been available for preorder for several months, and now everyone not only want the game, but they want the CE of the game. For a long time this thread was almost nothing but people bitching about the CE, and how it wasn't going to have a physical guide or a metal case, so all these people were threatening to cancel their preorders or they would buy used or wait for a price drop just to screw Namco over, and now everyone wants the CE. What changed?

[quote name='wastedyears']Why is Dark Souls so awesome now? It has been available for preorder for several months, and now everyone not only want the game, but they want the CE of the game. For a long time this thread was almost nothing but people bitching about the CE, and how it wasn't going to have a physical guide or a metal case, so all these people were threatening to cancel their preorders or they would buy used or wait for a price drop just to screw Namco over, and now everyone wants the CE. What changed?[/QUOTE]

nothing, except I now have an extra $200 in my pocket ;)

[quote name='wastedyears']Why is Dark Souls so awesome now? It has been available for preorder for several months, and now everyone not only want the game, but they want the CE of the game. For a long time this thread was almost nothing but people bitching about the CE, and how it wasn't going to have a physical guide or a metal case, so all these people were threatening to cancel their preorders or they would buy used or wait for a price drop just to screw Namco over, and now everyone wants the CE. What changed?[/QUOTE]

A small number of gougers like our friend urallygyots started spreading false rumors about its rarity. Eveyone needs to just chill. Once the preorders are shipped out and picked up, there will undoubtedly be leftovers given how widely the CE and game itself are being distributed. In fact, I've never seen a niche game with such wide distribution, including being featured in major retailer ads.

Its gonna be funny watching all the xbox only kids getting Dark Souls and thinking they can do it since they beat Cawl of Dooty on Veteran. Demon souls is one of my all time fave games since its the first time in a long time ive actually had to think when im playing a game. I wish I could get a live stream of some kid running into the first area and getting killed by the first mob that comes his way.

And of course were gonna see the one question littering the internet: "How do I get my body back?!?!1?"

Also, to all the above posts, either get the game...or dont...we wont miss you.

Also just so u all know, Gamestop is doing a midnight release Monday night for RAGE, which coincidentally is also the release date for Dark Souls, so if you want give em a jingle and see if u can get your copy then if thats what you want. Im getting mine thru amazon, so im set on tht.

[quote name='bojay1997']A small number of gougers like our friend urallygyots started spreading false rumors about its rarity. Eveyone needs to just chill. Once the preorders are shipped out and picked up, there will undoubtedly be leftovers given how widely the CE and game itself are being distributed. In fact, I've never seen a niche game with such wide distribution, including being featured in major retailer ads.[/QUOTE]

people pay whatever they want, I didnt put a gun to anyone's head

[quote name='urallgyots']people pay whatever they want, I didnt put a gun to anyone's head[/QUOTE]

Do you feel shame when you rip someone off? I know I did when I sold my Dragon Age 2 Bioware Signature Edition for $110. Sure I made a profit, but I'll never do that again, I felt so bad for the guy. I'm just not a salesman. I can't take money from people unless I know they're getting a good deal.

[quote name='eastx']Thank you! As someone who reviews games for a living, it's frustrating when people have misconceptions about the nature of reviews. The idea that a game should be absolutely guaranteed to get glowing reviews because a single individual who is not a reviewer thinks it's perfection is just silly.[/QUOTE]

Wow eastx, I didn't realize you review games for a living, I now feel slightly closer to someone somewhat potentially famous ;)

[quote name='etcrane']Wow eastx, I didn't realize you review games for a living, I now feel slightly closer to someone somewhat potentially famous ;)[/QUOTE]

Seen any videos on meet and that new dual scope? Yeah, my brother was apart of the design team for the physical scope. Now you know someone else.

[quote name='Mad dog']Do you feel shame when you rip someone off? I know I did when I sold my Dragon Age 2 Bioware Signature Edition for $110. Sure I made a profit, but I'll never do that again, I felt so bad for the guy. I'm just not a salesman. I can't take money from people unless I know they're getting a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm not ripping anyone off. Dark Souls isnt a necessity like gas, people have a choice on what they buy and how much they are willing to pay. I put up my copy for $130 for the lulz, I didnt expect someone would actually buy it. If he's willing to pay $130, who am I to stop him? This may come as a shock to you but there are people out there with a ton of cash in their accounts. Its a matter of supply and demand. Companies like gamestop and apple should be the ones who are ashamed, their products are marked up like 500%.

[quote name='etcrane']Wow eastx, I didn't realize you review games for a living, I now feel slightly closer to someone somewhat potentially famous ;)[/QUOTE]

Heh, thanks man. I haven't been doing it for that long, which is a shame as it feels like what I always should have done. :) I write for WPCentral.com where I'm the main games writer, and I'm an Associate Editor for Co-Optimus.com. Here's my Gunstringer review

[quote name='Paladinion']Its gonna be funny watching all the xbox only kids getting Dark Souls and thinking they can do it since they beat Cawl of Dooty on Veteran. Demon souls is one of my all time fave games since its the first time in a long time ive actually had to think when im playing a game. I wish I could get a live stream of some kid running into the first area and getting killed by the first mob that comes his way.

And of course were gonna see the one question littering the internet: "How do I get my body back?!?!1?"

Also, to all the above posts, either get the game...or dont...we wont miss you.[/QUOTE]

It's funnier watching snobbish platform elitists thinking that they're better than everyone else and trying to stir up dissent. Also, hating on the Call of Duty series since it's so popular, even though there's absolutely no connection to Dark Souls other than they're both video games.

[quote name='urallgyots']nothing, except I now have an extra $200 in my pocket ;)[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should take that GS girl somewhere nice.

[quote name='Mad dog']Do you feel shame when you rip someone off? I know I did when I sold my Dragon Age 2 Bioware Signature Edition for $110. Sure I made a profit, but I'll never do that again, I felt so bad for the guy. I'm just not a salesman. I can't take money from people unless I know they're getting a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I regret not selling mine. That game was a waste.

[quote name='eastx']Heh, thanks man. I haven't been doing it for that long, which is a shame as it feels like what I always should have done. :) I write for WPCentral.com where I'm the main games writer, and I'm an Associate Editor for Co-Optimus.com. Here's my Gunstringer review

It's funnier watching snobbish platform elitists thinking that they're better than everyone else and trying to stir up dissent. Also, hating on the Call of Duty series since it's so popular, even though there's absolutely no connection to Dark Souls other than they're both video games.[/QUOTE]

Exactly,not all xbox only users are lil kids,and while yes,Im sure some people are going to say "fuck THIS GAME"..I doubt it's any different than some users who played demon souls for the first time.

On topic..Anyone see the CAG AD banner??...I think it's a sign from cheapyD,that relax guys,and I'm getting serious money from this banner!.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/itsasignmother.png/

amazon says my ps3 dark souls ce is shipping soon.

i originally preordered the vanilla version since it was listed with free ce upgrade but promptly switched it once a page for the ce version itself was put up.

[quote name='technicalstylez']amazon says my ps3 dark souls ce is shipping soon.

i originally preordered the vanilla version since it was listed with free ce upgrade but promptly switched it once a page for the ce version itself was put up.[/QUOTE]

ditto

I just created yet another new character today and plowed through Demons Souls in anticipation for Dark Souls.

I am already at level 60 and am pretty much done : /

Oy, I wasted today away... But oh man do I love this game. I can only imagine how great this is going to be!

[quote name='BrolyB593']I just created yet another new character today and plowed through Demons Souls in anticipation for Dark Souls.

I am already at level 60 and am pretty much done : /

Oy, I wasted today away... But oh man do I love this game. I can only imagine how great this is going to be![/QUOTE]

Is Demon's Souls easy or something after you beat it? I thought it was roughly a 40 hour game?

[quote name='Mad dog']Is Demon's Souls easy or something after you beat it? I thought it was roughly a 40 hour game?[/QUOTE]

Brolly operates on 36-hour Martian days. You get used to it... or have a psychotic episode.

[quote name='Mad dog']Is Demon's Souls easy or something after you beat it? I thought it was roughly a 40 hour game?[/QUOTE]

Haha I would not say 'easier' necessarily. I just know when where and what to do after playing it so many times. I sadly have like 13 hours on this new character and have been completely breezing past entire areas. No however I am not done with the game, it was a bit of an exaggeration but I am decently close; I would say halfway through the whole thing almost.

The game is 40% harder after you beat it and 8% harder every play through, but it is substantially easier because you learn how combat works and it just sorta clicks after you die a billion times. Then it's a breeze.

I've played Demon's Souls so much that I can clear the game from scratch in an afternoon. The offline game really isn't a challenge anymore. PvP is where it's at for me.

SO glad I got my Dark Souls Collectors Edition preorder in... I waited pretty late and thought I missed out when the out of stock message came up. Some cancelled orders freed up some slots and I got in.

[quote name='bojay1997']A small number of gougers like our friend urallygyots started spreading false rumors about its rarity. Eveyone needs to just chill. Once the preorders are shipped out and picked up, there will undoubtedly be leftovers given how widely the CE and game itself are being distributed. In fact, I've never seen a niche game with such wide distribution, including being featured in major retailer ads.[/QUOTE]

I haven't either. I never would have guessed that Dark Souls would generate so much hype. When Demon's Souls was getting close to release, it almost felt like you were in on a bit of a secret, knowing that this great game was coming out that had very little hype from the mainstream games press. I read somewhere that Atlus had expected Demon's Souls to sell less than 100k units, and had to do multiple reprints to meet demand. I never would have guessed that Dark Souls would have caught on like it seems to have done. I hope it sells a ton, and more developers make games like DS in the future. And I also hope that the weapon upgrade system in Dark isn't such a pain in the ass to figure out as it was in Demon's!

I preordered from Best Buy a long time ago. I assume I'm going to get the Collector's Edition since that's the only version that shows up on Best Buy's website right?

The whole PS3 Demon's Souls players are better than 360 only owners and they're easy games thing is hilarious. For one, CoD games on Veteran are pretty dawn hard. For 2, ever play Gears of War or Halo on their hardest settings? Pretty damn hard as well.

Now, you go beat Halo 2 on Legendary CoOp and come back and tell XBox only gamers that they don't know difficulty.

[quote name='JKSonic']The whole PS3 Demon's Souls players are better than 360 only owners and they're easy games thing is hilarious. For one, CoD games on Veteran are pretty dawn hard. For 2, ever play Gears of War or Halo on their hardest settings? Pretty damn hard as well.

Now, you go beat Halo 2 on Legendary CoOp and come back and tell XBox only gamers that they don't know difficulty.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between being hard and being retardedly cheap and frustrating. Co-op Legendary falls into the latter category.

[quote name='Ardrid']Odd. Anyone else still not in the 'Shipping Soon' phase?[/QUOTE]

Mine isn't and I ordered the moment the CE page became available.

I'm a little concerned I haven't gotten anything from Amazon yet. Preordered the game back on June and switched to release date shipping. Time for some phone calls.

God. I hope my Amazon pre-order doesn't get screwed up from the obscure problem I just had with my payment information. Everything seemed kosher months ago.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Mine changed to "Shipping Soon" finally. Collectors Edition - 360.[/QUOTE]

Grats now here is hoping for all of us who supposedly were told and have CE Sku's that we actually get them..... or heads shall roll!

Broke down and ordered the standard edition off amazon last night...hoping to get the CE, but honestly, a cheap metal cover does me no good once the game is in my PS3 and i throw my controller at the TV :)

[quote name='new1']Grats now here is hoping for all of us who supposedly were told and have CE Sku's that we actually get them..... or heads shall roll![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Yep, turned over sometime last night.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling I won't be getting mine tomorrow, and also won't be happy until I see that it's the collectors edition in my hand.

The gamestop that I pre-ordered my PS3 CE isn't doing a midnight release. Trying to call other stores nearby if they have extra ones lol. No such luck so far though

bread's done
Back