Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TPerryoo7']Okay, got my dark souls...

Was not the collectors edition as promised by CSR haha... and I raged and got 18 dollars refunded. So I scored Dark Souls with RDD for 41.99. Not too shabby. Im not as upset since the collectors edition is absolutely terrible.[/QUOTE]

Bah, I only got $10 credit, not $18 :bomb:. Sigh, oh well, I didn't get the collector's edition, but the whole newegg fiasco at least netted me $30 of credit between Amazon and Newegg, so I guess I'll take it.

Went to pick up my pre order at gamestop... traded in 3 games and walked out of there with the ce and guide for 12 bucks. The girl in there said they only had 1 or 2 ce copies left. Good luck!

Well, I thought I would throw my story out there so others can benefit. The B&M store formerly known as Best Buy really tore it's dress with me. I went to the store now known as Worst Buy on Friday and placed a preorder for the Dark Souls CE for PS3. Please keep in mind that I had previously called the store earlier Friday to confirm that they were still taking preorders for the CE for PS3. Sure enough after waiting 10 minutes on hold the associate came back and told me that the kiosk was still accepting orders in store. So, I made the hour trip to this store and placed my $5 cash in the hands of the WB associate. He printed my preorder ticket from the kiosk and off I went for a weekend of R&R. Of course being a CAG, I was keeping tabs on this thread and reading the updates about how the CE was becoming scarce. So, after several attempts on Sunday afternoon I finally got this sweet young thing on the phone and she assured me that my preorder was safe and sound and would be held at the Customer Service Desk. I told her my concern and she reassured me in her Southern lilt that everything was fine. Being the trusting guy that I am I made the one hour return trip today knowing that what I found on the other end wouldn't be good. I faithfully made my way to the CS Desk expecting the worst and that is what I got. The sweetie that greeted me asked me what I needed and I informed her I was there to pick up my preorder for the DS CE. She got this wide-eyed 8-[8-[8-[ look on her face and looked frantically around for help. Another hottie came to the first damsel's rescue with the statement from corporate in her hand. They informed me that WB would offer me a $20 gift card because "they didn't have enough ordered". Well, sorry I am not going to let a retailer lie to me and get away with it. WB never should have offered the preorder if they didn't have stock on hand or in process from the distribution center. Am I to believe that a giant retailer like WB didn't have access to supplier shipments before today? I told the first hottie I would like my hard-earned $5 back and that she could keep my in-store pickup for Rage. As mentioned above, because I am a CAG, it kind of made me feel dirty paying full-retail MSRP for games anyways so it made my decision easy. I didn't raise a stink with management because I will let my money do the talking. I immediately went down the street to Kmart and got the same $20 offer without the benefit of being lied to. I doubt I will be setting a foot inside a WB anytime soon.

[quote name='the byrdman']the email i received from amazon and the shipping slip inside the box both indicated "dark souls collector's edition." i pre-ordered on august 10th.[/quote]

gah!

edit: just checked ontrac's shipping info. it list the package weight as 1 lb....that should be a good sign right?

got my copy but wtf. i thought the ce cover was the regular cover. this cover looks really lame. that was going to be my consolation, that at least my cover looks better than the ce one, but nope. the pictures on amazon are reversed : /

Got lucky at GS. According to the clerk, they originally didn't get any ps3 copies with their shipment, so he got on the horn with his DM and they ended up sending them 22 copies of the PS3 CE- double what the store initially had pre-ordered. Also snagged a hardcover guide in pristine condition. It's the GS on Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio if any military people need a copy.

Im so fucking irate right now. I fucking preordered from best buy on august 26th. I wouldnt have done it either except they were running a 40% extra trade in bonus for preorders. fuck best buy, Im gonna go tear them a new asshole and make them give me dark souls regular for free and redeem these gift cards for cash AND find me a copy of the collector's edition

[quote name='urallgyots']Im so fucking irate right now. I fucking preordered from best buy on august 26th. I wouldnt have done it either except they were running a 40% extra trade in bonus for preorders. fuck best buy, Im gonna go tear them a new asshole and make them give me dark souls regular for free and redeem these gift cards for cash AND find me a copy of the collector's edition[/QUOTE]
dude, you gotta chill, it's just a video game and I'm sure you can find it if you try hard enough

[quote name='smintboy']Got lucky at GS. According to the clerk, they originally didn't get any ps3 copies with their shipment, so he got on the horn with his DM and they ended up sending them 22 copies of the PS3 CE- double what the store initially had pre-ordered. Also snagged a hardcover guide in pristine condition. It's the GS on Ft. Sam Houston in San Antonio if any military people need a copy.[/QUOTE]

Can you have that kind soul get on the horn and have a copy or two sent to "Best Buy"? I think they are missing a few copies....LOL

[quote name='urallgyots']Im so fucking irate right now. I fucking preordered from best buy on august 26th. I wouldnt have done it either except they were running a 40% extra trade in bonus for preorders. fuck best buy, Im gonna go tear them a new asshole and make them give me dark souls regular for free and redeem these gift cards for cash AND find me a copy of the collector's edition[/QUOTE]
Good luck with that - let us know how it turns out for ya.

[quote name='mythus']You can call and have it set for late pickup if your center does that.[/QUOTE]

The closest call center is too far from me since I don't have a car on campus :/

Got mine from Amazon via UPS just now, did NOT come in bubble mailer :). Was wrapped in cardboard, and looks fine (no severe external damages to tin or slipcover). However, it does look like the slipcover is worn out a bit, and has some minor scratches on it. Very happy about it though, and sorry about the rest of you guys who have problems.

For those that preordered at bestbuy, there is a official memo printout for the 20 $GC, employee looked it up on the system and printed out a sheet with a barcode that had instructions and GC

[quote name='guardkitty']For those that preordered at bestbuy, there is a official memo printout for the 20 $GC, employee looked it up on the system and printed out a sheet with a barcode that had instructions and GC[/QUOTE]
Not at mine, they had no idea what I was talking about. When I mentioned it they said "uhh, I don't think so, Andrew would have told us about it this morning." Guess I'll call first before going back this time or try and find a copy of this memo online.

[quote name='guardkitty']For those that preordered at bestbuy, there is a official memo printout for the 20 $GC, employee looked it up on the system and printed out a sheet with a barcode that had instructions and GC[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read the memo.

It says something like (paraphrasing here):

::picture of CE boxart::....if customer received this item DO NOTHING, the DLC is included in the package

::picture of reuglar edition boxart::....if customer received this item scan barcode below for $20 GC along with purchase of regular edition pictured above

Need confirmation on other retailers that might have it, I'd still like the CE...just not at crazy prices like $110.

[quote name='crystalklear64']got my copy but wtf. i thought the ce cover was the regular cover. this cover looks really lame. that was going to be my consolation, that at least my cover looks better than the ce one, but nope. the pictures on amazon are reversed : /[/QUOTE]

Amazon literally just corrected the cover earlier this morning, they had them backwards for months, I notice when looking at my order status, I was about to flip lol. Maybe that is why they had trouble at the warehouse with sending the CE/SE to wrong people because they were looking at Amazons listing and box art backwards.

Amazon literally just corrected the cover earlier this morning, they had them backwards for months, I notice when looking at my order status, I was about to flip lol. Maybe that is why they had trouble at the warehouse with sending the CE/SE to wrong people because they were looking at Amazons listing and box art backwards.

Mine is still "on time"

Scheduled Delivery:Tuesday, 10/04/2011, By End of Day Last Location: Indianapolis, IN, United States, Monday, 10/03/2011 awesome. Probably lost.

[quote name='EncodedNybble']Yeah those are not players in your game those are "ghosts" of other players in their own games in the same section of the level as you.

You can co-op via the bonfires (not sure how, it involves having humanity though or something...I haven't played the game yet). Co-oping players are "blue phantoms" instead of the yellow/whitish normal "ghosts" you've been seeing.[/QUOTE]

I have not seen one blue phantom yet been playing 3 hours now or so. I find a bunch of ghosts running around or full effect people sitting at bonfires. I even interacted with 2 white ghosts but we both fought all the bad guys on are end. So i am so lost how i can play with another person so we can tag team things. I used a humanity to convert myself to human which seemed to make me more weak or something. I did not see a option at the bonfire to co op with someone with the point.

This game is amazing at first i was like where is my rage i will switch to that first then do this another time. My rage did not come in go figure amazon even with prime... But anyways i am happy it is delayed cause i now see what others are talking about with this series. I just hope i can co op with someone to tag team some stuff.

Amazing game you must try to get the CE it is totally worth it game will be hit from what i played so far. To bad all my friends hate it cause they have no skill or willpower in gaming. :(

Its a day later, and I still haven't received an e-mail from Newegg about why they canceled my preorder, an apology, or the 20 dollar discount. I will continue to tell people on any message board I go to that they should stay away from Newegg. They basically left it up to me to figure out that I wasn't getting what I preordered back in early August.

What an atrocious game launch. In all honesty though, if I were one of the people who got the SE and a $20 apology gift card, I would have used that to get the guide book for free, which is far superior to what turned out to be a really lame CE.

My copy got here, but I can't redeem the code. It's a string of 8 numbers/letters that are printed pretty clearly so I don't know wtf is going on.

Anyone having any success redeeming their DLC?

[quote name='Skooba81']I am still waiting on mine from amazon...it shows shipping soon but it has a delivery estimate of 10/4 (release date delivery with prime) wtf!?[/QUOTE]

I'm in same boat- It's literally impossible for it to get here since ups already came by lol

man, i basically tried catchin up on the thread as more ppl posted -.- lol. seems like a lot of ppl arent gettin CE's and it might be more limited than a lot of ppl expected? (at least, from the reports here) sad :( i preordered like a week or two after it was announced but i canceled for newegg's price and then... nothin :(

[quote name='Hyperlancer']What an atrocious game launch. In all honesty though, if I were one of the people who got the SE and a $20 apology gift card, I would have used that to get the guide book for free, which is far superior to what turned out to be a really lame CE.[/QUOTE]Except Best Buy apparently isn't selling the Dark Souls guide--only Amazon and Gamestop are. So your best/only chance would have been to pay an additional $5 to get a $25 Amazon GC from BB and use that to get the guide from Amazon...if they ever get more in stock (it's currently listed as "Out of Print"). #-o

overall, i'm pretty disappointed with how namco handled this.

the artbook, soundtrack, multilanguage gamecase, the packaging, not to mention the preorders..

are we making a big complaint about them to from software?

[quote name='HakaHina']Actually, does anyone have advice on how to remove the sticker residue from the slipcover/tin case? Kinda annoys me[/QUOTE]

goo gone

Add me to the Amazon boat. No CE. No game. Nothing I can do. I'm more worried about the guide I preordered. Namco really fucked this one up didn't they?

[quote name='kiun']Any idea if Fry's has the CE in store ?[/QUOTE]

I have checked 2 Fry's stores around my area and all they have are the standard editions.

Yeah I used goo gone on the tin and tossed the pos slipcover in the garbage
Nice and smooth now
I like how the tin cover is completely removable so both sides can be displayed at once

I couldn't be happier with how things turned out. Preordered two Dark Souls CEs from BB, one PS3 and one 360, from a high-volume local Best Buy. Went to he store today when it opened, and of course they had NO CEs in stock, and said they got none at all! But they offered me the $20 gift cards for each copy, which is fine with me. Bought both regular edition versions (one for each platform), used one giftcard on the other version, used a $5 RZ cert, and its all good. These games ended up being the equivalent of $40 on launch day (I do have one more $20 giftcard to use), which is great.

And from what I have been reading about the CEs, they pretty much blow. After hearing everything about them, I'm much happier with two regular versions at $40 a pop plus tax. I do think Namco totally screwed the pooch on the whole CE fiasco, from the neutering of the CE to the short supply to retailers . . . and its going to piss a lot of retailers AND gamers off about how they handled everything. But for me, the regular editions are fine, so its no problem. The cheap tin box and cheesy "artbook" certainly weren't worth all the hassle at all.

Oh, and I decided to pick up the Future Press guide, which sounds like it will be awesome; much better than the digital guide, which I already downloaded.

I decided to get this game after the high reviews I've read on several sites. I know it will be brutal, but it still sounds awesome. Haven't even had time to play my copies yet, my backlog is huge, including Rage (which is coming from Newegg in a day or so, and is something I've been looking forward to). I'm not mad about the CE clusterfuck at all, the only thing it did for me was net me both copies @40+tax each on release day, so its all good! :mrgreen:

Got my CE from amazon it had some scratches and a dent. Got 30% taken off so i cant complain about that 42 for the CE. Now i must go pick up RAGE!!!

[quote name='chimpmeister']I couldn't be happier with how things turned out. Preordered two Dark Souls CEs from BB, one PS3 and one 360, from a high-volume local Best Buy. Went to he store today when it opened, and of course they had NO CEs in stock, and said they got none at all! But they offered me the $20 gift cards for each copy, which is fine with me. Bought both regular edition versions (one for each platform), used one giftcard on the other version, used a $5 RZ cert, and its all good. These games ended up being the equivalent of $40 on launch day (I do have one more $20 giftcard to use), which is great.

And from what I have been reading about the CEs, they pretty much blow. After hearing everything about them, I'm much happier with two regular versions at $40 a pop plus tax. I do think Namco totally screwed the pooch on the whole CE fiasco, from the neutering of the CE to the short supply to retailers . . . and its going to piss a lot of retailers AND gamers off about how they handled everything. But for me, the regular editions are fine, so its no problem. The cheap tin box and cheesy "artbook" certainly weren't worth all the hassle at all.

Oh, and I decided to pick up the Future Press guide, which sounds like it will be awesome; much better than the digital guide, which I already downloaded.

I decided to get this game after the high reviews I've read on several sites. I know it will be brutal, but it still sounds awesome. Haven't even had time to play my copies yet, my backlog is huge, including Rage (which is coming from Newegg in a day or so, and is something I've been looking forward to). I'm not mad about the CE clusterfuck at all, the only thing it did for me was net me both copies @40 on release day, so its all good! :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]FYI, the digital guide is the FuturePress guide, just a preview of the full guide up to a certain point (the Undead Berg, I believe) and only including a few of the other guide sections.

As mentioned earlier, I went to Gamestop after hearing they had a :360: version and snagged it. After getting my Best Buy package and getting the standard edition for the :ps3:, I was bummed like everyone else. However, I made a call to a Gamestop over at Fort Jackson and they had a :ps3: CE available. Headed over there and picked it up. They even had extra CE's available and could've picked up another if I wanted to. The manager told me that military installations got extra CEs. Like the earlier CAG that mentioned Fort Sam Houston had some, check Gamestops at your local military posts for stray copies. :applause:

My amazon Order:

Shipped/Billed On:10/03/2011
Type:package
Weight:1.40 lbs

Geez some of yours is 1.1lbs? What is in mine that weighs an extra 3 ounces...

[quote name='Vigilante']FYI, the digital guide is the FuturePress guide, just a preview of the full guide up to a certain point (the Undead Berg, I believe) and only including a few of the other guide sections.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I knew the downloadable guide was a preview; all the more reason to get the full hardcover guide, and Future Press is a great publisher!

[quote name='DaShaka']My amazon Order:

Geez some of yours is 1.1lbs? What is in mine that weighs an extra 3 ounces...[/QUOTE]

Mine weighed 1.6 for some reason, so it probably has to do with what version you get and how they pack it.

[quote name='DaShaka']My amazon Order:

Geez some of yours is 1.1lbs? What is in mine that weighs an extra 3 ounces...[/QUOTE]

My bet is some kind of bodily fluid from one of the Amazon reps you guys have bugged the crap out of...

Random question here, but anyone remember the "Key to your Future" thing Dark Souls did a while back with the runes? Anyone know how to redeem them yet? They looked like this:

Congratulations, great knight! You have proven yourself worthy by arranging the glyphs in the correct order.

For your perseverance, you are awarded this Key that will unlock a well-earned advantage during your journey toward reclaiming your soul.

*Insert random numbers here*

Keep this Key safe, as it may only be used once.

Take heed to not become overconfident, for even the mightiest warrior can be brought to his knees.
Onward to battle!

Dark Souls

[quote name='HakaHina']Actually, does anyone have advice on how to remove the sticker residue from the slipcover/tin case? Kinda annoys me[/QUOTE]

I second Goo Gone. Does wonders.

bread's done
Back