Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ElectricStarshine']Wow. Thats a HORRIBLE response Namco. [/QUOTE]

Indeed. "We're sorry, but go complain to the retailer and leave us alone." *sigh* Time to add them to the list of publishers to not support. Mine is currently:

Namco
Capcom
EA
Activision

[quote name='morrodox']Mine told me they only got enough to fill the pre-orders, so if they have any it will be from people canceling their pre or just not picking it up. Said typically they'll hold them for 48 hours, so tomorrow is the earliest they would put them out for sale.[/QUOTE]

I heard the same thing as well. I'm curious whether I can find a cancelled order tomorrow.

[quote name='apathylad']I heard the same thing as well. I'm curious whether I can find a cancelled order tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I called up a few stores in my area and surprisingly one of them had an extra copy. The employee put it on hold till I'm out of work, whee. :bouncy:

[quote name='luan87us']man people actually bidding on the CE for $99+ on ebay. I'm so tempted to sell my CE that has just been delivered from Amazon =D[/QUOTE]

dude, sell it. do you really need the CE of it to enjoy the game?

[quote name='morrodox']Mine told me they only got enough to fill the pre-orders, so if they have any it will be from people canceling their pre or just not picking it up. Said typically they'll hold them for 48 hours, so tomorrow is the earliest they would put them out for sale.[/QUOTE]

is that rule, holding the pre-order for 48 hours?

Finally got the CE delivered from Amazon in pristine condition, plus $30 credit to boot for being 24 hrs late.
Also picked up a strategy guide from a local Game Stop. Happy gaming!!!

I managed to get extremely lucky and called my local GS the moment someone returned a X360 CE. I don't know why it was returned and don't care. Funniest part: one of the employees telling me I could make $200 selling it on eBay. I'm still kind of in shock at managing to get it. Best of luck to everyone else.

Got my CE today in almost perfect condition (one of the corners of the slip case might be dinged but I don't care that much). I hate those stickers with a passion though.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Got my CE today in almost perfect condition (one of the corners of the slip case might be dinged but I don't care that much). I hate those stickers with a passion though.[/QUOTE]

Goo Gone make all that sticky nastiness go away. :)

[quote name='themidnighter23']is that rule, holding the pre-order for 48 hours?[/QUOTE]

I recall they handled the Wii and PS3 console pre-orders the same way. If you didn't come in within 2 days to pick it up, they'd put it out for sale. In most cases it wouldn't make a huge difference because GS typically gets more copies than pre-orders. For the DS CE though, there's obviously a shortage. If you haven't picked yours up yet for whatever reason, definitely do it now.

I'm assuming this is policy for all GS stores. Maybe someone who has worked there can confirm.

My CE had all the stickiness people are talking about. The steel case has a little dent near the top front of it, unfortunately =/, but I'm happy playing the game, so I'm not even going to bother worrying about it.

[quote name='bigdbo622']I too did not get a $20 GC yesterday when I got my standard instead of CE, but picked it up anyway (haven't opened it yet). Did you do the same and are they allowing you to go back and get your GC?[/QUOTE]
Nope, I figured it was them being ignorant of the promotion so I said I would come back another day. I would say you could try going back to the store with your paperwork (you can threaten to return it since you haven't opened it) or just bypass them and try calling / emailing corporate

[quote name='mortalgroove']Goo Gone make all that sticky nastiness go away. :)[/QUOTE]

It won't mess up the metal case? I actually have some around here.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Nope, I figured it was them being ignorant of the promotion so I said I would come back another day. I would say you could try going back to the store with your paperwork (you can threaten to return it since you haven't opened it) or just bypass them and try calling / emailing corporate[/QUOTE]

Cool. On the phone with the store right now seeing what they can do. This whole fiasco is like nothing I have ever seen before.

Update: Success. Spoke to the gaming manager and all I have to do is bring my receipt and I get my gift card. Not a bad 2nd place prize. Still wish the collectors edition would be sitting on my shelf next to the Demon Souls Deluxe Edition.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Goo gone didnt strip anything off of mine. Didnt try the slipcover since I just tossed it but the case was nice and smooth in no time[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Didn't mess it up at all.

[quote name='WormFOODx']For those that got and have played this.... should I bite on this or wait for Batman?[/QUOTE]
Get both. what kind of question is that?

[quote name='WormFOODx']For those that got and have played this.... should I bite on this or wait for Batman?[/QUOTE]
Batman will have to wait until next year because I'll have no time to play both.

[quote name='themidnighter23']is that rule, holding the pre-order for 48 hours?[/QUOTE]

I believe its the minimum they will hold it for.. we have literally 8 gamestops within 20 miles of my work. I know that 1 of them will hold it for like a month or until cancelled on a special edition preorder... most have to at least hold 48 hours otherwise from what I am told.

Yea, I have access to a collectors version of this and based on the fiasco I'm thinking of picking it up. Batman is just a standard with pre-order content.

two questions,
1.)What system would you get it for?
2.)Does Batman: AC have any multiplayer components this time?

1.)If 360 there is the risk the community might die down faster than PS3 since there is already a built in audience for the PS3 version of Dark Souls.
2.)If no, then it will be the same experience the day of release as it will a few months later after a price drop. Not to mention the last game had a GOTY edition with all of the DLC and judging by skimming the news article headings the sequel is going to have a lot of DLC. That's enough to make me want to wait on Arkham City.

Disappointed with Amazon over this. I could have pre-ordered it at 20 different places and had the game by now but I chose Amazon due to their track record. Now I'm looking at 12-17th with super saver shipping and there's no way to change it.

Whats the point in pre-ordering if they take such a long time to ship?

I guess I learned the hard way that "Super Saver" is the standby passenger of the shipping world, and everyone else gets their copies first. I thought it just meant they used the cheapest shipping, not that they would take their sweet ass time in actually shipping it.

Anyone who pre-ordered at BB and have a Fry's near you. Did you price match their price to $49.99, then get the $20 "apology" and the $10 gift card for purchasing Dark Souls BB is currently offering? Or will they not let you do all that on one purchase?

I'm stopping by today after I get off work and I'm going to make the attempt.

[quote name='Bertuzzi']Finally got the CE delivered from Amazon in pristine condition, plus $30 credit to boot for being 24 hrs late.[/QUOTE]

How did you get that? I wrote to Amazon late last night when my "release day delivery" hadn't arrived and they essentially just said it happens sometimes but to let them know if it didn't show up today. It finally arrived a couple hours ago... AND the darn thing is unsealed with a few dings in the tin.

[quote name='Booj']I guess I learned the hard way that "Super Saver" is the standby passenger of the shipping world, and everyone else gets their copies first. I thought it just meant they used the cheapest shipping, not that they would take their sweet ass time in actually shipping it.[/QUOTE]

That's always been the case. I've been using super saver for years other than the free Prime trials. It's always take a week or so to get stuff to me in CA even if the stuff was in stock.

My order, not RDD, is stuck in shipping soon since this morning and has the same receive dates as yours, 10/12-17. I can wait.

Finally got my CE a few minutes ago, looked to be packed nice and custioned....but once I took off the slip cover, two dings in the lower left hand side of Tin, so their goes any value down the road. I contacted Amazon, and gave me $10 credit so not bad, but I rather have a case in new condition.

For people who've done this before, when does Gamestop start counting the 48 hr holding period as over? Store opening, store closing? I called 2 around my house and one told me to call back Friday (that's 3 days) and the other told me to call Monday =.=

[quote name='ithebigc']For people who've done this before, when does Gamestop start counting the 48 hr holding period as over? Store opening, store closing? I called 2 around my house and one told me to call back Friday (that's 3 days) and the other told me to call Monday =.=[/QUOTE]
Typically when it comes to the CE stuff they hold those for a few days longer. I think what they do is when the 48 hour hold period is up, they call all the people who haven't picked up yet and see if they still plan to get it or not. That's probably why they gave you different dates. The one I go to is like that.

Hey, it could be worse. It could be our free code for something UBER SPECIAL AND WONDERFUL ala Tales of Vesperia's LE... which 3 years later means nothing, btw.

And "The Boss" --- good luck finding things where they will never be hidden, champ. A CS Rep trying to appease you =/= the guy doing the buying for the ENTIRE organization.

I was able to grab an extra copy of the CE 360 at Game Stop, along with my normal copy at Best Buy. Willing to sell it, if anyone wants to make an offer for it :)

[quote name='Trance Addix']My order arrived today and it was in good condition. The I do hate the tape on the ends.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but I used some Goo Gone, and it came off like a champ.

I got my 2 CEs from amazon today (preordered in may). Came in one box and it looked alright but they have a few flaws from what I can see. No need to open it just yet though. I think I'll contact amazon about the condition they came in.

[quote name='ithebigc']For people who've done this before, when does Gamestop start counting the 48 hr holding period as over? Store opening, store closing? I called 2 around my house and one told me to call back Friday (that's 3 days) and the other told me to call Monday =.=[/QUOTE]

I went to a gamestop earlier today and the guy told me to check back tomorrow as soon as they opened.

[quote name='Booj']Disappointed with Amazon over this. I could have pre-ordered it at 20 different places and had the game by now but I chose Amazon due to their track record. Now I'm looking at 12-17th with super saver shipping and there's no way to change it.

Whats the point in pre-ordering if they take such a long time to ship?

I guess I learned the hard way that "Super Saver" is the standby passenger of the shipping world, and everyone else gets their copies first. I thought it just meant they used the cheapest shipping, not that they would take their sweet ass time in actually shipping it.[/QUOTE]

Is this a serious post? You expected to get it along with everyone else by choosing the cheapest option? It's 5-8 business days to ship. It came in on the 4th, which means 12th-17th. It tells you that when you choose FSSS.

Mine went to "shipping soon". Quite the annoyance. I am going to hassle them after it ships and see what response I get to "release day" delivery that I signed up for. Glad I picked up a regular copy in addition to the CE.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Is this a serious post? You expected to get it along with everyone else by choosing the cheapest option? It's 5-8 business days to ship. It came in on the 4th, which means 12th-17th. It tells you that when you choose FSSS.[/QUOTE]

Amazon should ship out the copies as soon as they get them into their warehouse. Who gives a shit what the release date is.

Play-Asia does it. Hell, the best example is when I got Super Smash Bros. Brawl with a Japanese Wii a day earlier because they shipped them out as soon as they got the shipments, and I paid for the cheapest shipping.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Amazon should ship out the copies as soon as they get them into their warehouse. Who gives a shit what the release date is.

Play-Asia does it. Hell, the best example is when I got Super Smash Bros. Brawl with a Japanese Wii a day earlier because they shipped them out as soon as they got the shipments, and I paid for the cheapest shipping.[/QUOTE]

Super Saver Shipping still isn't 1 day shipping. Even if they did ship his out on day 1, he'd still receive his game potentially a week later unless the warehouse was nearby.

Got my $20 off at BB for a standard edition because of their fuck up, wouldn't let me price match the BB web $10 gift card deal or the Target $10 gift card deal since they're "already giving out a $20 gift card," but I was able to use my back-up, a 10% off video game, movies, etc. mobile coupon which became valid today, that knocked $6 off.

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons...save-3600184.html&ref=39&CJPID=2138476&loc=01

I am relatively satisfied, I'll just have to keep my eyes open to acquire the soundtrack and making of videos through other means later on down the line.

bread's done
Back