Darkstalkers, Disgaea, Ar Tonelico, + More = Cross Edge

[quote name='io']Never heard of this till just checking out the PS3 forum right now - will definitely keep an eye on this. In the meantime, maybe I should play that Disgaea 3 I picked up a while back.[/QUOTE]It's a pretty good game. I like it more than the 2nd and almost as much as the first. Story is very funny.

[quote name='mxpowar']About a month and a half until this game supposedly ships and not even a boxshot yet, let alone some kind of preview or something somewhere, anywhere? This game is DEFINITELY not coming out on 03/24 like Amazon says. But I will keep hoping because as far as new, PS3 turn-based RPGs, it's all we've got (which is quite sad, IMO).[/QUOTE]Enchanted Arms is turn-based in a similar fashion as X-Edge.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Enchanted Arms is turn-based in a similar fashion as X-Edge.[/quote]

Thanks, Mana Knight, but I already played through Enchanted Arms (which I actually enjoyed despite popular opinion). I was talking about new and upcoming turn-based RPGs. It seems that all there is for the PS3 along the horizon is Cross Edge (White Knight Chronicles is an action-RPG and Final Fantasy XIII uses ATB which is not turn-based enough for me).

This is the first time I'm hearing about this game and I nearly wet myself...in every way possible. Will an import version play on a NTSC PS3?

[quote name='Pck21']This is the first time I'm hearing about this game and I nearly wet myself...in every way possible. Will an import version play on a NTSC PS3?[/quote]
PS3 games are not region locked.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']PS3 games are not region locked.[/quote]

You're kidding me! So I can play any version of any game on my 60GB PS3 then?

[quote name='Pck21']You're kidding me! So I can play any version of any game on my 60GB PS3 then?[/quote]
Hell yea dude! That's one of the beauties of the PS3, when it comes to games there are no boundaries!

[quote name='Pck21']Yes.[/QUOTE]

yes for what RPG or fighter

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Hell yea dude! That's one of the beauties of the PS3, when it comes to games there are no boundaries![/quote]

Dude, I think I just fell more in love with my PS3! Is that possible? The library for my PS3 just expanded by 10x!

[quote name='starmask2k3']yes for what RPG or fighter[/quote]

Thank you Ted, that was the joke. :applause:

[quote name='62t']Only Ps3 games are region free. PS2 and PS1 games are still region locked.[/quote]
Oooops, I hope he didn't misunderstand, I forgot to clarify :X

[quote name='62t']Only Ps3 games are region free. PS2 and PS1 games are still region locked.[/quote]

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Oooops, I hope he didn't misunderstand, I forgot to clarify :X[/quote]

Nope, no misunderstanding! I was only talking about PS3 games, not PS1 or PS2 games. Thanks!

[quote name='Pck21']Nope, no misunderstanding! I was only talking about PS3 games, not PS1 or PS2 games. Thanks![/quote]
Ok cool :D

False hopes suck ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So... this is coming states side, it seems? and will have trophies? so nice.

I saw this game about 7 months ago or so, and thought "WOW, i'd love to play this, i loved darkstalkers and love etna :D" but never thought it would come over, and i know little japanese (read as 2 words). So this is great news :) - even with the delay, im happy

The game has now been confirmed:
crossedge_cover.jpg

Official Site:
http://nisamerica.com/games/crossedge/

Currently set for May.

Here is a video of the dungeon gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPysTcA-yUM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']The game has now been confirmed:
crossedge_cover.jpg

Official Site:
http://nisamerica.com/games/crossedge/

Currently set for May.

Here is a video of the dungeon gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPysTcA-yUM[/QUOTE]
Man, the gameplay and graphics really remind me of the original Valkyrie Profile, except that was for the PS1 and this is a PS3 game :( Regardless, I'm still going to pre-order this because I'm a sucker for JRPGs and I want to support NISA.

[quote name='mxpowar']Man, the gameplay and graphics really remind me of the original Valkyrie Profile, except that was for the PS1 and this is a PS3 game :( Regardless, I'm still going to pre-order this because I'm a sucker for JRPGs and I want to support NISA.[/QUOTE]A lot of that is because Compile Heart is VERY low budget when it comes to games (meaning their graphics are 2D always, Agarest Senki on PS3 was the same way).

The game will retail for $49.99:
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74050

hazzah!....now if they'll just make an english track for yakuza 3, I can cancel my rosetta stone order. :)

This game looks like it should be ported to the PSP. The Tagteam moves remind me of Chrono Trigger, but I still think that the moves from Chrono Trigger looked better.

At least when O3 entertainment published Chaos Wars with those horrible voiceovers, they could have used the excuse that they were a small company and couldn't afford to do a better job. But what's NISA's excuse? They should have just sold the rights to Atlus...

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Those voiceovers are fine. Stop whining about it. :/[/QUOTE]
If you think that, you're either very young or have horrible taste or maybe poor hearing.

To all you complaining about the voiceacting. You must be fucking charmed if that's the worst or some of the worst voiceacting you ever heard. I think it's decent. And I've suffered Shitstorms like Angel Devoid, Resident Evil, The late 80s early 90s phase of slashers. THAT was TRUE SHIT. This is just average. Some of the voices are pretty decent to be honest.

And why the fuck does Prinny sound like Kenny from south park?

Most of the English VA is pretty crappy :/

Prinny has always sounded like that btw

Worst VA for me was in House Of The Dead 2:
"My God..."

There is no way anything can beat that game in horrible voice acting.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Most of the English VA is pretty crappy :/

Prinny has always sounded like that btw

Worst VA for me was in House Of The Dead 2:
"My God..."[/quote]

I see the face of a pleased man and I raise you the heroic touch of heroism!

Greatmoment.jpg

I thought most of the voices sounded fine compared to a lot of other things I've heard. Although, it doesn't matter since it's going to be in Japanese voices for me anyway.

[quote name='mxpowar']If you think that, you're either very young or have horrible taste or maybe poor hearing.[/quote]

I just have low standards and an unhealthy love for the English language.

Is there any updates for a release date of Cross edge for the ps3? I knew it was pushed back due to the addition of trophies to the game. I thought the game was supposed to hit markets in May, but have not heard anything since.

Has anyone heard anything recently? Are people excited for this game at all?

The game should arrive in stores next Wednesday. Supplies are very low for it. If you do not pre-order, you may not be able to get the game. Rosenqueen has a preorder bonus available, but it's just some postcards plus you have to pay shipping and tax. Best bet is to preorder at your local Gamestop/Game Crazy or on Amazon.com.

I would say I'm excited for the game since I haven't really heard great things about the game. But I'll pick it up anyway and see how it is for myself.

Ya i am familar with a few of the characters that will be in the game, but many are from series that i have never had the chance to play. I do like a lot of the ps2-era stylized rpg's but i wish they would bump up the graphics a bit for the ps3.

I am remotely interested in this game but I'll wait on the reviews and such. Speaking of that, has anyone played the Japanese version? If so, how is this game?

can't wait for this. too bad it is coming out the same time as inFamous is coming out and will be put aside at least for me (Infamous & Tales of Vesperia have higher priority)

I've been interested in this game, but it comes out tomorrow and I've yet to find a single review for it. That sometimes means that early review copies weren't sent out, which may mean the game is not very good. Any thoughts from anyone who's played it?

bread's done
Back