Days of Play 2018 - 11 days of PlayStation deals and new limited edition PS4

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/29/days-of-play-is-back-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/

June 8-18

Hardware and peripheral discounts throughout the 11 days include (all prices MSRP):

• Jet Black PS4 Pro – $349.99 USD / $449.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR bundles – starting at $199.99 USD / $249.99 CDN
  • DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • PlayStation Move motion controller (2 pack) – $79.99 USD / $99.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR Aim controller (US only) – $49.99 USD
  • Catalog titles – check with your local retailer

• God of War: $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN
  • Gran Turismo Sport: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • MLB The Show 18: $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • Shadow of the Colossus: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Bravo Team (PS VR): $29.99 USD / $39.99 CDN
  • Farpoint (PS VR): $14.99 USD/ $19.99 CDN
  • The Inpatient (PS VR): $14.99 USD / $19.99 CDN

• PlayStation Plus – $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN for a 12-Month PS Plus membership (terms & conditions here)
  • PlayStation Vue (available in the US only) – $10 USD per month off the Core plan standard price for the first two months ($44.99 USD per month thereafter) – learn more
  • PlayStation Store catalog titles

ps4-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Estarland is currently offering 15 for regular Zero Dawn trade in. I sent mine in, and if the complete edition does go to 20 (16 GCU) BB, it’ll be as if I upgraded for a dollar.
If not; well it’s still more then GS offers.
Your old save files won't work on it.

Actually, I think it might.

Is there a store that you can walk into for these deals or is it only through a website? I'd like to grab a physical copy of The Show for $40. Called Gamestop and they had no idea of what this sale was about.

Is there a store that you can walk into for these deals or is it only through a website? I'd like to grab a physical copy of The Show for $40. Called Gamestop and they had no idea of what this sale was about.
IIRC it was at every major retailer last year.

The sale does not start until June 8, that's why GS is more clueless than normal.

I actually dig the PS4 if it wasn't super blue. Like a darker or metallic blue would pretty dope or a white with gold would look pretty good too. 

In the video, it clearly shows the cover of the complete at about 7 seconds. If it's a mistake, we might still be able to get away with it as a technicality. Definitely in at that price.
Unfortunately, the video also says "Starting at $19.99 MSRP" when it showed the games, but who knows, maybe we'll get lucky.

Serious question. 

Not owned a console since the PS2 (I'm a PC gamer) but is it worth buying a PS4 Pro with this offer, wait and see if a black Friday deal appears, or just wait a couple of years for a PS5?

Main reason to get a PS4 is the exclusive games, right?

Serious question.

Not owned a console since the PS2 (I'm a PC gamer) but is it worth buying a PS4 Pro with this offer, wait and see if a black Friday deal appears, or just wait a couple of years for a PS5?

I'd say it's worth it for god of war alone, but some of the other exclusives like horizon, uncharted, and Detroit are pretty fantastic too ( not to mention spiderman and other exclusives coming). Sony had already said the ps4 has another 3 years before ps5 comes out so I think you would get plenty of miles out of it jumping in now and playing exclusives.

Anyone think Shadow of the Colossus will hit $10 later this year? If not, I might get it during the sale at Best buy.

Anyone think Shadow of the Colossus will hit $10 later this year? If not, I might get it during the sale at Best buy.
With GCU, maybe $12. These remakes fall fast. Who woulda thunk controls considered crappy in the early 2000s wouldn't translate to 2018 well?

No. I don't think The Last Guardian ever got that low. So I wouldn't expect SOC to go that low. 19.99 will probably be the lowest this year.

I'm hoping we get a another 20% coupon for the playstation store before the sale is over.

Serious question.

Uncharted 4, TLL, TNDC, Horizon, GT Sport, Driveclub, Infamous, Persona 5, God of War, SotC, TLG, etc are all great games worth it.

Especially if you missed out on PS3 get ps now too to play games like red dead

not to be super negative, but think before you buy SotC. the only thing this game has going for it is graphics, it has zero story. Some people like that though.

not to be super negative, but think before you buy SotC. the only thing this game has going for it is graphics, it has zero story. Some people like that though.
Zero story? Really? Zero? No percentage is story whatsoever? Zeeeero?

tommy.gif

So the only thing SOTC has going for it is it's graphics? One of the highest rated games ever on both the PS2 and the PS4.

I guess you never heard of thing called gameplay.

It's not the complete edition, but good news is it will be $29.99 which is a solid price for that game. Will probably pick it up.

The Eurogamer article about the press release lists the USD prices and clearly notes it for the the CE at $29.99.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-30-limited-edition-ps4-released-for-days-of-play-sale
Well the USA blog says

Horizon Zero Dawn: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/29/days-of-play-is-back-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/

Also the only version on the playstation store is the Complete version, the vanilla has been delisted.

so unless they are bringing back the vanilla from the dead, you won't be getting anything digital for $19.99 unless it's the complete version.

so we will see on the 8th.

Well the USA blog says

Horizon Zero Dawn: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN

Also the only version on the playstation store is the Complete version, the vanilla has been delisted.

so unless they are bringing back the vanilla from the dead, you won't be getting anything digital for $19.99 unless it's the complete version.

so we will see on the 8th.
The vanilla version is NOT delisted. Just look it up at Amazon and you'll see Amazon lists that version as coming back in stock on ... JUNE 8.

A coincidence? I don't think so.

The Eurogamer article actually references the CE at $29.99.

But hey, if you're into that whole love for fake news, believe what you want. That's what Americans do best.

The vanilla version is NOT delisted. Just look it up at Amazon and you'll see Amazon lists that version as coming back in stock on ... JUNE 8.

A coincidence? I don't think so.

The Eurogamer article actually references the CE at $29.99.

But hey, if you're into that whole love for fake news, believe what you want. That's what Americans do best.

Please show me where on the https://store.playstation.com where the vanilla version is listed? It's been delisted.

Please show me where on the https://store.playstation.com where the vanilla version is listed? It's been delisted.
Dude - the sale is for retail partners too. There is no reason that the game HAS to be available on the PS store. Wow.

Again, look up the vanilla version on Amazon. It's right there and listed as coming in stock on June 8.

Blindness.

What version is going to be on sale on the playstation store?

The version they delisted?
You know what's so awesome about a digital store and a digital game? Better yet, a digital game that you (Sony) made and owe no royalties to anyone else?

You can put it right back up with the flip of a switch.

You know what's so awesome about a digital store and a digital game? Better yet, a digital game that you (Sony) made and owe no royalties to anyone else?

You can put it right back up with the flip of a switch.
Tell me a time where sony has delisted a vanilla version of one of there games where they replaced with a complete,GOTY,Gold ect version and put the vanilla version back on the playstation store?

Tell me a time where sony has delisted a vanilla version of one of there games where they replaced with a complete,GOTY ect version and put the vanilla version back on the playstation store?
I don't buy digital games so wouldn't know.

It's also entirely possible, as I said before, that Sony decided to have a $20 vanilla version for its retail partners.

Amazon (for the third time) has the vanilla version listed to be in stock on June 8.

Clearly, Amazon is receiving a print run of this version, and conveniently on June 8. That's absolutely not a coincidence. You'll also see Amazon is getting a separate retail restock of the CE on June 6. Also not a coincidence.

Let me ask you, tell me a time when Sony bothered reprinting a vanilla version for a game when they've been selling the CE for more than half a year?

I can't think of one, and yet here we are.

It's also entirely possible, as I said before, that Sony decided to have a $20 vanilla version for its retail partners.

Amazon (for the third time) has the vanilla version listed to be in stock on June 8.

Clearly, Amazon is receiving a print of run of this version, and conveniently on June 8.

Let me ask you, tell me a time Sony bothered printing vanilla versions for a game when they've been selling the CE for half a year?

That's not directly from Amazon.com though, that's from a third party seller fulfilled by Prime.

Clearly, Amazon is receiving a print of run of this version, and conveniently on June 8.

Let me ask you, tell me a time Sony bothered printing vanilla versions for a game when they've been selling the CE for half a year?

I buy digital they never have added a back a vanilla Sony published game once they delist it and they replace it with a GOTY ect version.

The USA ad shows the complete. The sony store only shows the Complete version.

We get lower prices all the time vs the Europe store.

Well maybe Amazon doesn't have the codes for the original because it's delisted. Can you find any delisted digital PS4 game on Amazon?

Anytime a game is delisted Amazon loses it too.

All they know is they are getting new codes on the 8th.

And it is more likely the new codes they get are only for the Complete version.

That's not directly from Amazon.com though, that's from a third party seller fulfilled by Prime.
So what? More than half of Amazon's sales come from it's third party prime partners. Doesn't mean it's not a reprinting. Amazon routinely partners and works with retailers of all sizes (it's their not so secret business model of making money for both selling and keeping inventory), so I'm not seeing why that's a distinction that makes any difference.

Hopefully it does indeed turn out to be the CE for Horizon seeing as I traded in my copy today for hopefully a free upgrade. Honestly I cant see Sony putting the vanilla version for $20 a second year in a row with rumors of the sequel being teased for E3.

bread's done
Back