Days of Play 2018 - 11 days of PlayStation deals and new limited edition PS4

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/29/days-of-play-is-back-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/

June 8-18

Hardware and peripheral discounts throughout the 11 days include (all prices MSRP):

• Jet Black PS4 Pro – $349.99 USD / $449.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR bundles – starting at $199.99 USD / $249.99 CDN
  • DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • PlayStation Move motion controller (2 pack) – $79.99 USD / $99.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR Aim controller (US only) – $49.99 USD
  • Catalog titles – check with your local retailer

• God of War: $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN
  • Gran Turismo Sport: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • MLB The Show 18: $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • Shadow of the Colossus: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Bravo Team (PS VR): $29.99 USD / $39.99 CDN
  • Farpoint (PS VR): $14.99 USD/ $19.99 CDN
  • The Inpatient (PS VR): $14.99 USD / $19.99 CDN

• PlayStation Plus – $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN for a 12-Month PS Plus membership (terms & conditions here)
  • PlayStation Vue (available in the US only) – $10 USD per month off the Core plan standard price for the first two months ($44.99 USD per month thereafter) – learn more
  • PlayStation Store catalog titles

ps4-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a condition I've had for a while. I'm allergic to BS and speculation.
Right, and you proclaiming the $19.99 price must be for the CE version isn't speculation.

And of course I must be bs'ing even though unlike you I've at least cited to an actual Eurogamer article that cited PlayStation's own press release out of Europe which actually talked about the U.S. price for the CE as $29.99.

Okay, chief. Believe what you want.

The vanilla version is NOT delisted. Just look it up at Amazon and you'll see Amazon lists that version as coming back in stock on ... JUNE 8.

A coincidence? I don't think so.

The Eurogamer article actually references the CE at $29.99.

But hey, if you're into that whole love for fake news, believe what you want. That's what Americans do best.
FYI

Vanilla isn't the same thing as plain. Vanilla is vanilla flavored while plain is nothing flavored. You wouldn't go buy vanilla yogurt if you wanted plain yogurt.

This concludes the FYI

Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete was totally worth it at $40. I hope the complete edition hits $20 for all the people who are missing out on this game. First game I ever 100% completed every trophy on. It's that good!

So what's going on with this deal at Best Buy and Target? Their ads don't list these at all even though they have the Days of Play edition PS4 available on the website. I was hoping to get a PS4 Pro for $350. I'm getting pretty impatient so if I buy one now ahead of time and they do end up participating in Days of Play for the Pro would they do a price adjustment?

Definitely in for Horizon if the complete edition is as cheap as it is. Got it for $25ish bucks last year... Backlog was too much and barely got through it. Sold it back for $27...so I'm definitely interested now

So what's going on with this deal at Best Buy and Target? Their ads don't list these at all even though they have the Days of Play edition PS4 available on the website. I was hoping to get a PS4 Pro for $350. I'm getting pretty impatient so if I buy one now ahead of time and they do end up participating in Days of Play for the Pro would they do a price adjustment?
Don't know for sure but my guess is the prices will go into effect on 6/8 when the sale starts. They just haven't advertised it in the weekly ads.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete was totally worth it at $40. I hope the complete edition hits $20 for all the people who are missing out on this game. First game I ever 100% completed every trophy on. It's that good!
You got the trophy for beating it on the hardest setting? How long did that take?

1. 2005 is mid 2000s
2. Well that’s why they added more modern controls!
1. A technicality doesn't make my assessment wrong. Controls for 3d games were bad then too.
2. I guess I more meant that annoying gameplay element of randomness where you occasionally just stop gripping or fall due to no fault of your own.

And I got Last Guardian for $12 with GCU quite a while ago so there's no way it WONT drop that low =D

I just started my first Horizon playthrough. So far I'm loving it. I have the base game. If I upgrade will I need to start over...or will my save carry over?

Also had no idea it had a game+ mode. Awesome.

I just started my first Horizon playthrough. So far I'm loving it. I have the base game. If I upgrade will I need to start over...or will my save carry over?

Also had no idea it had a game+ mode. Awesome.
Your save carries over. It starts at a different area of the map that you don't really reach til towards the last 1/3 of the game or so, and you're recommended to be around level 40+ or something by the time you do the DLC. If you do it when you're maxed, with the overpowered armor from the main game, it's actually a little easy.

$299 for that ugly blue PS4 or $349 for a Pro. Why anyone wouldn't buy the pro is beyond my understanding.

Some walmarts have discounted HZD CE for $19.99, check brickseek.

$20

Like someone else mentioned before it's the only version of the game still in print.
I’m having a tough time with this. I don’t buy digital content and I own the H:ZD CE with steelbook. I don’t want double dip just for the expansion.

I’m having a tough time with this. I don’t buy digital content and I own the H:ZD CE with steelbook. I don’t want double dip just for the expansion.
Then don’t? Wait on a sale on the DLC or something. Or better yet-buy it, beat the DLC, then throw it on eBay

No price drop on the PS4 slim? Lame, I get leaving the limited edition blue one normal retail.

Figured by now the slim model would be $200 or lesser by now. I'd be fine with a minimum hard drive of like 250GB to start, for a budget slim PS4. I'll probably upgrade the hard drive anyway, some day in the future.
Out of curiosity, if $200 is your buy-in price on a Slim, why didnt you get one last black Friday? They were that price everywhere for at least a week. (That's when I got mine).

You know what's so awesome about a digital store and a digital game? Better yet, a digital game that you (Sony) made and owe no royalties to anyone else?

You can put it right back up with the flip of a switch.
Show *ONE* time a game was re listed after being delisted and *REPLACED* by the goty edition. Digitally.

What you are seeing are physical copies that are leftover. Not digital. The goty version replaced the base game, the only way you can get the base game is a leftover physical copy.

You keep talking physical, everyone else is talking digital. You are the one that cant understand the difference.

I found out the good sales for games will be on their digital store. And since I don't have the internet beyond my cell phone to tether.... I'm out.

$299 for that ugly blue PS4 or $349 for a Pro. Why anyone wouldn't buy the pro is beyond my understanding.

Some walmarts have discounted HZD CE for $19.99, check brickseek.
Took your advice and found a Walmart that had HZD CE for 20. The Walmarts that did have it discounted we're almost out it looks like. But I didn't wanna risk tomorrow not having the complete edition not at 20 dollars. Thanks

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Tomorrow sometime, I'm hoping BB will change the prices at midnight or so.. Would buy HZD immediately with my GCU. No Walmarts in my area have it, but I can ship it to store though.. (showing $19.99 already, and seems to have already dropped the other listed games to the sale prices, but not the controllers etc)

"Starting from $200" almost certainly means whatever remaining v1 bundles in the wild will be $200, just like previous Sony-initiated PSVR sales.
Prices just went live on GS. PSVR v2 Doom bundle is $200, the same price I paid for a non-bundled v1 in late April (past the return period). Dang.

Nice, horizon zero dawn for 15 bucks with $1 in store pickup is an awesome deal. Can’t believe I still haven’t played that game yet.

In for an HZD, didn't get to try the DLC.

Tempted on that $249 Skyrim VR bundle but I don't need a PSVR honestly. Already have a Vive.

I'd like to get the $1 off for store pickup but I don't think a 25 minute drive to and back from my nearest Best Buy to save 2 bucks is worth it.

I just discovered HZD complete is live for 20 (16) at Best Buy. Plus another dollar off for switching to in store pickup.

Now I don’t have to stay up till 3 am. Maybe I’ll keep an eye on SotC too.

I notice it’s already been mentioned above but eh. Keeps the thread active for those who haven’t seen it yet.

Checked BB, HZD price dropped. Ordered.

Come here to make sure everyone knew prices were live, saw God of War mentioned...  fuck

Go back to BB, order GoW.

2 separate purchases with GCU inside of 2 minutes. BB will probably respond by canceling my GCU..

Before anyone buys these games digitally tomorrow.

I would wait till next week to see if there is a playstation store coupon  or a buy a certain amount get credit back deal for E3.

These deals are till the 18th so no need to rush.

Picking up the Skyrim PsVr bundle this weekend. Can anyone recommend the best VR games to get? I already have RE7 but I think that's the only game I have with VR support.

bread's done
Back