[DEAD] 12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59PM CST, December 23rd.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

RightStuf.com's 12+ Days of Anime Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='just joe']So given the option to buy only one could someone give a preference on Fruits Basket vs Kodocha. thanks[/quote]

Fruits baskets!

[quote name='just joe']So given the option to buy only one could someone give a preference on Fruits Basket vs Kodocha. thanks[/QUOTE]

Both are great comedy/drama shows directed by Akitaro Daichi, but Fruits Basket is more modern in quality.

Kodocha can be considered a classic though, so choose based on your tastes.

Or just get both.

[quote name='just joe']So given the option to buy only one could someone give a preference on Fruits Basket vs Kodocha. thanks[/QUOTE]

I think Kodocha just barely edges out Fruits Basket. Can't go wrong with either, though.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']So is tomorrow going to be the last day? Because I do notice the + sign attached to the 12.[/QUOTE]

last DEAL...the sale ends the 21st i think

I'm still irked about the removal of 7 o'clock News from Kodocha - I understand why, but it sat so poorly with me after buying the first DVD and box set that I haven't gone back. Still, I've only seen to episode forty-something, so I may have to try again... both seasons are a great price.

Is Funi going to release the entire series or are they done?

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm still irked about the removal of 7 o'clock News from Kodocha - I understand why, but it sat so poorly with me after buying the first DVD and box set that I haven't gone back. Still, I've only seen to episode forty-something, so I may have to try again... both seasons are a great price.

Is Funi going to release the entire series or are they done?[/QUOTE]

I was going to ask this too. I placed an order today for Fruits Basket & Princess Princess (both presents for my wife) and included volumes 11 & 13 of Kodocha, which only leaves me missing 9 & 10. But I know that isn't the entire series.

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm still irked about the removal of 7 o'clock News from Kodocha - I understand why, but it sat so poorly with me after buying the first DVD and box set that I haven't gone back. Still, I've only seen to episode forty-something, so I may have to try again... both seasons are a great price.

Is Funi going to release the entire series or are they done?[/QUOTE]

For now, they're done. It didn't sell well enough. I'm hoping Right Stuf will pick it up at some point and release a sub-only version. Cross your fingers!

[quote name='refusedchaos']last DEAL...the sale ends the 21st i think[/QUOTE] Nah, Shawne does this every year. He usually has a final deal after that last day and extends the sale afterwards.

I love kodocha, but Fruiits Basket is the one true anime to own my heart. (yeah yeah corny blah blah)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Beck is good, but that's a pretty lame sale price. The other two are plain terrible and not worth any amount of money.[/QUOTE]
100% agreed, I paid $6 more than that for it at Moviestop a week after it came out (beck I mean), and yeah the rest of it is complete garbage. I have a feeling they'll prolly realize their mistake and change the price, that price isn't very 12 days-ey.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Beck is good, but that's a pretty lame sale price. The other two are plain terrible and not worth any amount of money.[/QUOTE]

My GF said Beck was pretty boring, but the premise sounds like Scott Pilgrim to me (though I know it will be nothing like that) so it's something I wanna try... just not at that price.

Man, the website it acting crazy, can't get an order through.

[quote name='mtgrungoblins']Nah, Shawne does this every year. He usually has a final deal after that last day and extends the sale afterwards.[/quote]

you mean we might have ANOTHER deal come up between now and the 21st at midnight???

[quote name='wormraper']you mean we might have ANOTHER deal come up between now and the 21st at midnight???[/QUOTE]

I can almost guarantee it, yeah.

Ended up with Basilisk, Slayers, Fantastic Children and Witchblade. Not bad.

Considered Beck... the manga is excellent, but I hear the anime ends halfway through, so nuts to that. Would be nice to hear the music they're supposed to be playing, though. That part doesn't translate to manga so well.

[quote name='Rage Goblin']Ended up with Basilisk, Slayers, Fantastic Children and Witchblade. Not bad.

Considered Beck... the manga is excellent, but I hear the anime ends halfway through, so nuts to that. Would be nice to hear the music they're supposed to be playing, though. That part doesn't translate to manga so well.[/QUOTE]

yea it goes half way through but is enjoyable. Oh and the dub is actually better in terms on the singing parts

Witchblade is a great anime but not for everyone. Definitely a darker anime but anyone remotely intrested in the Witchblade IP will enjoy it. The interviews and specials on the discs are great too w/ the interviews with the creators, tour of Top Cow Studios, etc.

It's one show where i'd actually say the individual discs are worth it with the nicely designed slip covers that go over each disc, and the soundtrack that comes with the box.

If you like darker shows definitely check it out.

On that note waiting to see if Shawn pulls a fast one on us. He probably will but then again he's never done a 12 days of christmas sale with 3 items a day so their is a chance he might not.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon'][quote name='wormraper']you mean we might have ANOTHER deal come up between now and the 21st at midnight???[/quote]
I can almost guarantee it, yeah.[/quote]
Something will very likely happen. So yeah, don't assume that they are done listing products for this sale. However I don't know if will be to the caliber of the Bundle of Joy like this year.

[quote name='WTK']Something will very likely happen. So yeah, don't assume that they are done listing products for this sale. However I don't know if will be to the caliber of the Bundle of Joy like this year.[/quote]

The biggest problem with this is that Shaun has never done 3 items a day. Before it was 1 item a day, then 12 more on last day. However this time there are already more sales then last 2 years combined.

Should be intresting :lol:

[quote name='Brian9824'][quote name='WTK']Something will very likely happen. So yeah, don't assume that they are done listing products for this sale. However I don't know if will be to the caliber of the Bundle of Joy like this year.[/quote]

The biggest problem with this is that Shaun has never done 3 items a day. Before it was 1 item a day, then 12 more on last day. However this time there are already more sales then last 2 years combined.

Should be intresting :lol:[/quote]

This is what he told me. Take it what you will...
[quote name='DLK']I do aim to please!
So you might want to hint to people they should keep watching yet.[/quote]

Not too impressed with Day 12- but that's OK, I have my order plan!

order 1: Witch Hunter Robin and Tweeny Witches, to use up most of the value of a MC gift card I got as an early Christmas present.

order 2: Fantastic Children and S-cry-ed from the weekly specials... just enough for free shipping.

If anything good gets added tomorrow, I'll buy it- possibly padding out the order with bargain bin stuff/manga to get free shipping. If nothing else good appears, I'll buy the Third.

I love it when a plan comes together! :bouncy:

I'll probably hold off just a little longer. As of now I think I will be ordering the Gao-Gai-Gar box sets. It seems /m/ over at 4chan hold the series in high regards... But then then again some of them like GSD too...

I'm holding out to see if it gets extended. If (when) it does, I want to pick up Fruits Basket. Also leaning toward Slayers as I've gotten halfway through Next and haven't seen any of Try. Of course I love Witch Hunter Robin and for that price I may have to pick it up again.

Decision, decision...

Anyone here having problem with their web site shopping cart where it doesn't remember more than 3 items already been clicked on? It seems reset itself and zero out all those items already in the cart.

Here is what I got.

Azumanga Daioh box set: 34.99
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid: 34.99 (weekly specials)
Fruits Basket: 24.99
Shingu: Secret of the Stella Wars: 19.99
Mahoromatic Summer Special: 5.00

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Here is what I got.

Azumanga Daioh box set: 34.99
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid: 34.99 (weekly specials)
Fruits Basket: 24.99
Shingu: Secret of the Stella Wars: 19.99
Mahoromatic Summer Special: 5.00[/quote]

nice, if you haven't put in your order yet you can get FMP: 2nd Raid for $30.99 at amazon with free shipping.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']D'oh! Already put in my order, worm. Oh well, 4 bucks isn't that big a deal.[/quote]

yeah, not that much, just trying to save my fellow cag's some cash.

I hope to God they have sucky deals the next 2 days :(, my wallet will KILL me if they have any more good stuff on sale. between this and bargain bin blowout I have a LOT of anime to catch up on :D

I feel your pain, worm. I'm trying not to go crazy because I still want to purchase and hdtv soon. Also, appreciate the heads up on the Amazon price.

Oh yeah, have you guys gotten your e-mail confirmations quickly? I ordered a while ago and still haven't received mine.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I feel your pain, worm. I'm trying not to go crazy because I still want to purchase and hdtv soon. Also, appreciate the heads up on the Amazon price.

Oh yeah, have you guys gotten your e-mail confirmations quickly? I ordered a while ago and still haven't received mine.[/quote]

lol, I know how that goes. No prob, I switch between righstuf and amazon regularly to see who has better prices on singles from the amazon marketplace (Shawne sells stuff on amazon marketplace too and sometimes his stuff there is dirt cheap. Just picked up Chobits 1-3 from him on amazon marketplace for $9.99 while it's $20 on righstuf in the bargain bin)

usually I get e-mail notifications the next day or about 8 hours after I order, depends on how busy they are I think.

$30 for every episode of Gantz? that sounds good if i just wasn't so broke. i can't even afford that $20 Metal Gear Solid 4 right now.

Doubt they will have more deals but this sale broke the mold.

Got Moon Phase, Tsukihime Lunar legend volumes 1-3, and last 2 dvds of School Rumble season 1 I needed in addition to previous order.

[quote name='Brian9824']Doubt they will have more deals but this sale broke the mold.[/QUOTE]

Broke the mold? What the heck does that even mean here?

bread's done
Back