[DEAD] 12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59PM CST, December 23rd.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

RightStuf.com's 12+ Days of Anime Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strawberryshortcake']*Goes to Rightstuf.com. Checks out the specifications on Gao-Gai-Gar. Subtitle only for the second boxset* FAILS MISERABLY.

Apparently, there's plenty not to love about Gao-Gai-Gar...[/quote]

I'd wager you wouldn't find any sub-only titles that sell a lot of units.

Hm. Basilisk looks rather interesting. I'd say if I had to make a purchase right now it would likely be Fruits Basket and Basilisk, and maybe To Heart.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']People buying Basilisk... Do you guys not watch these shows before you buy them?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what's wrong with it? It has awesome action, nothing wrong with that.

OK, so Princess Tutu, Basilisk, now just need Gankutsuou Set to be a deal and I'm set!

It's only comprised of generic violence with a bit of romance. I suppose I shouldn't just say the violence is generic. The entire show is the very definition of mediocrity. There is nothing memorable about it. It's not necessarily terrible, but I could list a couple hundred shows that are better than it, and therefore more worthy of your money. :/

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It's only comprised of generic violence with a bit of romance. I suppose I shouldn't just say the violence is generic. The entire show is the very definition of mediocrity. There is nothing memorable about it. It's not necessarily terrible, but I could list a couple hundred shows that are better than it, and therefore more worthy of your money. :/[/quote]

In your opinion of course

[quote name='wormraper']In your opinion of course[/quote]

I guess, but I'm a cool dude so that makes my statement more accurate.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I guess, but I'm a cool dude so that makes my statement more accurate.[/QUOTE]

So now I will definitely be getting Basilisk.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I guess, but I'm a cool dude so that makes my statement more accurate.[/quote]

lol :D,

well, on topic, I'm hoping to blazes that FMP 2nd Raid of GITS 2nd Gig box comes up on there in the next 4 days of sales. That would make me a very happy man :D

There's a live action movie based on Basilisk, called Shinobi: Heart Under Blade.

It was extremely disappointing. I've also heard not-so-good things about Basilisk the anime in the same regard.

If you don't set your expectations to the level of Ninja Scroll, and instead set it to say...X the movie, then it should be fine.

Now i can't tell if Basilisk is good or not =/

I definitely won't find it generic considering i've only watched three anime series so far (FMA, Gungrave, mid-way thru GTO), so i might get it. I'm hoping to wait for one other good thing so i don't have to spend $8 for shipping, but do the deals stay good until the end of the 12th day?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It's only comprised of generic violence with a bit of romance. I suppose I shouldn't just say the violence is generic. The entire show is the very definition of mediocrity. There is nothing memorable about it. It's not necessarily terrible, but I could list a couple hundred shows that are better than it, and therefore more worthy of your money. :/[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I guess Basilisk is still marginally better than Ninja Scroll, but since I loathe all things Ninja Scroll, that's not much of a compliment.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I completely agree. I guess Basilisk is still marginally better than Ninja Scroll, but since I loathe all things Ninja Scroll, that's not much of a compliment.[/quote]

lol, I thought I was the only one who hated that movie/series. Everyone I know phaps off to even the mention of Ninja scroll, I couldn't stand it.

[quote name='B:L']If you don't set your expectations to the level of Ninja Scroll, and instead set it to say...X the movie, then it should be fine.[/QUOTE]

What? I mean....what?? X the movie was infinitely better than Ninja Scroll. Of course, it's hard to find an anime movie that isn't better than NS. If Basilisk has anything to do with that crap, I'll avoid it at all costs.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I completely agree. I guess Basilisk is still marginally better than Ninja Scroll, but since I loathe all things Ninja Scroll, that's not much of a compliment.[/quote]

[quote name='wormraper']lol, I thought I was the only one who hated that movie/series. Everyone I know phaps off to even the mention of Ninja scroll, I couldn't stand it.[/quote]

[quote name='argyle']What? I mean....what?? X the movie was infinitely better than Ninja Scroll. Of course, it's hard to find an anime movie that isn't better than NS. If Basilisk has anything to do with that crap, I'll avoid it at all costs.[/quote]

Sons a bitches...leave NS alone. :argue:

I know, I was wondering what's up with all the NS hate. It's just mindless violence that looks amazing, sometimes there's nothing wrong with that. I can understand if you're not into that though, I on the other hand enjoy it from time to time.

[quote name='wormraper']How is the re-release by Funi compared to the old Central Park version??? I have season 1 in the CP version and a bootleg for the 2nd and 3rd season. I know I want the sent for the 2nd and 3rd alone but I'm curious if they increased the quality at all between the original release and funi's re-release for my season 1.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about differences... but if you're not concerned about having a 'matching' set, it's cheaper to wait for a Funi sale and buy seasons 2 and 3 seperately. (I did the math on this morning, since I have just the season 1 CP set.)

[quote name='DarkSageRK']People buying Basilisk... Do you guys not watch these shows before you buy them?[/QUOTE]

No, not usually.

But I'm not buying Basilisk, either...

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Don't know about differences... but if you're not concerned about having a 'matching' set, it's cheaper to wait for a Funi sale and buy seasons 2 and 3 seperately. (I did the math on this morning, since I have just the season 1 CP set.)

[/quote]

yeah, that's actually what I'm gonna do. Wait a bit and snag 2 and 3 for a sale price. Decided to replace that with Gao Gai Gar :D, gotta love over the top mecha action baby!!

[quote name='DarkSageRK']People buying Basilisk... Do you guys not watch these shows before you buy them?[/quote]

No. I do a lot of blind buys.

I read reviews from anime sites and then decide if I want to buy it or not. Fan reviews tend to be myopic, full of hyperbole, or jaded most of the time. Although there are a few people on CAG whose opinions I trust because they don't offer unsolicited opinions of what I, or other people, buy.

Yay, Fantastic Children! I was wanting that one during the bargain bin sale (opted out becuase the whole series wasn't on sale.) I've been curious about Blue Gender for awhile too. It's a Viridan, though- I hate the all-paper viridian sets. Is this one of those? I seem to remember reading they were switching to a more thinpak style with plastic cases for the discs, but I don't know if they did or if this is part of that.

Let's see, so far that makes Witch Hunter Robin, Tweeny Witches, Fantastic Children, and paycheck allowing the Third and Blue Gender(maybe).

Good sale so far this year. :D

Interesting shows on sale so far. I'm personally hoping that they throw up some Full Metal Panic or Ah! My Goddess stuff, as I'd like to get some of the first, and finish my collection on the second. Doubt I'll have much luck with that though. Ah well!

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Don't know about differences... but if you're not concerned about having a 'matching' set, it's cheaper to wait for a Funi sale and buy seasons 2 and 3 seperately. (I did the math on this morning, since I have just the season 1 CP set.)[/QUOTE]
This was answered earlier in this thread. It can be found here...

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Yay, Fantastic Children! I was wanting that one during the bargain bin sale (opted out becuase the whole series wasn't on sale.) I've been curious about Blue Gender for awhile too. It's a Viridan, though- I hate the all-paper viridian sets. Is this one of those? I seem to remember reading they were switching to a more thinpak style with plastic cases for the discs, but I don't know if they did or if this is part of that.[/quote]
FYI, (very) select (almost like a lottery item) Fantastic Children AL boxsets include the soundtrack. It will have sticker outside the box stating that it's inside.

The VC release is the flimsy cardboard foldout digipak (9-discs). FUNi may re-release these earlier collection, so they will be in thinpaks (w/flimsy artbox). However it has not happened for this series yet (Gunslinger Girl is the only one that has gotten this release).

I really want to go ahead and order princess tutu, and Maburaho, but I want to take a chance that Nanoha will be on sale

There's this place not to far from where I live called Frank and Son Collectible Show, it's a warehouse with tons of vendors. Anyways there is one booth that sell lots of anime DVD for $5 each, they had some seasons and collectors boxes as well. For example they had Inyuasha season 1 for $12. I got the macross chronicles blu-ray for $6!

Because of the holidays they've gotten ransacked so get there early, they have a website so you can get directions, simply google Frank and Son

[quote name='Masterkyo']I hated bandai "Anime Legend" logo. I hope they put all they collection in thinpack instead![/quote]
As far as I know, they have only done one thinpak release (subbed Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta LE set). They just simply don't do thinpaks. They have different brickcase variations. It appears that they are cutting on the cost of the cases (slimmer and thinner material).

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']sigh no disgaea :([/quote]
It's not going to happen (if you're referring to the anime). They only have Vol.3 listed. Vol.1 & 2 are no longer listed at this point in time.

[quote name='Korben']There's this place not to far from where I live called Frank and Son Collectible Show, it's a warehouse with tons of vendors. Anyways there is one booth that sell lots of anime DVD for $5 each, they had some seasons and collectors boxes as well. For example they had Inyuasha season 1 for $12. I got the macross chronicles blu-ray for $6!

Because of the holidays they've gotten ransacked so get there early, they have a website so you can get directions, simply google Frank and Son[/QUOTE]

Which booth had the DVDs (location-wise)?

[quote name='Korben']There's this place not to far from where I live called Frank and Son Collectible Show, it's a warehouse with tons of vendors. Anyways there is one booth that sell lots of anime DVD for $5 each, they had some seasons and collectors boxes as well. For example they had Inyuasha season 1 for $12. I got the macross chronicles blu-ray for $6!

Because of the holidays they've gotten ransacked so get there early, they have a website so you can get directions, simply google Frank and Son[/QUOTE]

oh sweet, I'll be down there in January, I'll have to check it out.

Dang, I wish I had some extra money for the GaoGaiGar sets (saving up for Christmas wishes shooting out my eyes!) But I wonder if Media Blasters is going to release the dub as well.

I wanted to try Cromartie High School in the bargain bin sale, and Blue Gender looks interesting. Nice prices too.

Fantastic Children is an excellent series, for $19.99 it's a no brainer IMO.

[quote name='wormraper']How depressing is Blue Gender?? I can stand a serious anime but if it gets too depressing then I'm not a fan.[/QUOTE]

...whatever you do, don't watch the ending. >_< The series itself is fairly depressing, with the planet over run with "blue" with a small band of humanity making seemingly futile attempts at taking the Earth back. THe ending though, wow, perhaps one of the most depressing I've seen.

Overall, I like the series, for $20 I'd say it's a good buy. It is depressing though, some moments more than others.

So far from the sale I've only picked up Fruits Basket, and I managed to get the volumes 1-6+artbox of Mushishi when they (very briefly) came back in stock. Every else so far I either already own or am only marginally interested in.

[quote name='Alien Spider']Fantastic Children is an excellent series, for $19.99 it's a no brainer IMO.

...whatever you do, don't watch the ending. >_< The series itself is fairly depressing, with the planet over run with "blue" with a small band of humanity making seemingly futile attempts at taking the Earth back. THe ending though, wow, perhaps one of the most depressing I've seen.

Overall, I like the series, for $20 I'd say it's a good buy. It is depressing though, some moments more than others.

So far from the sale I've only picked up Fruits Basket, and I managed to get the volumes 1-6+artbox of Mushishi when they (very briefly) came back in stock. Every else so far I either already own or am only marginally interested in.[/quote]

i def thought blue gender was really good..but depressing? not so much...i've said this many times and i'll say it again...Now and Then, Here and There was seriously the most depressing anime series i have EVER seen...anyone who hasn't seen it NEEDS to see it!

bread's done
Back