[DEAD] 12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59PM CST, December 23rd.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

RightStuf.com's 12+ Days of Anime Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='genfuyung']How does the fullmetal panic series go? Fullmetal panic, second raid, and then fumoffu?[/quote]

Fullmetal Panic, Fomuffu, The Second Raid.

Looks like samurai 7 will be part of it tomorrow. The air gear box set is on sale for 40 bucks. It can be watched on netflix on the 360 as well.

[quote name='genfuyung']Looks like samurai 7 will be part of it tomorrow. The air gear box set is on sale for 40 bucks. It can be watched on netflix on the 360 as well.[/quote]

Yeah I saw the "Air Gear Value Bundle" come up so that will most likely be on tomorrow but how do we know Samurai 7 will be on tomorrow???

[quote name='wormraper'][quote name='genfuyung']Looks like samurai 7 will be part of it tomorrow. The air gear box set is on sale for 40 bucks. It can be watched on netflix on the 360 as well.[/quote]
Yeah I saw the "Air Gear Value Bundle" come up so that will most likely be on tomorrow but how do we know Samurai 7 will be on tomorrow???[/quote]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
On the seventh day of Christmas, Santa Kleckner gave to me...
Seven bandits busted
[/FONT]
It's possible that Samurai 7 would be one of the listings for Day 7, but it can be something else as well.

[quote name='WTK']...

It's possible that Samurai 7 would be one of the listings for Day 7, but it can be something else as well.[/quote]

ahhhh, I gotcha, Personally I don't think so since it's already on sale for the weekly sales but we'll see in a few hours.

:D

[quote name='wormraper']ahhhh, I gotcha, Personally I don't think so since it's already on sale for the weekly sales but we'll see in a few hours.

:D[/quote]
Don't crush my hope...you see, if Samurai 7 goes on sale even though its in the weekly sale, then that means that the 2nd box set of bleach can go on sale as well. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Hm. Slayers sounds interesting, but it's more than I'd like to spend on one series (although it is three whole seasons).

[quote name='Rocko']Hm. Slayers sounds interesting, but it's more than I'd like to spend on one series (although it is three whole seasons).[/quote]

its like 75 episodes....

Slayers is a great show, it was the first longer anime I bought the complete series of. $45 is a freaking steal for that great of a show, and the dub is a cast of all-stars (Lisa Ortiz, Veronica Taylor, Crispin Freeman, and Eric Stuart). The dub is fan-freaking-tastic. (after the first 13 episodes, when Veronica taylor and Crispin Freeman take over Amelia, and Zelgadis). Its still good before then, but Zelgadis and Amelia's voices are terrible before that (Zelgadis sounds way too effeminate, and Amelia is 100x more annoying).

[quote name='Gden']Slayers is a great show, it was the first longer anime I bought the complete series of. $45 is a freaking steal for that great of a show, and the dub is a cast of all-stars (Lisa Ortiz, Veronica Taylor, Crispin Freeman, and Eric Stuart). The dub is fan-freaking-tastic. (after the first 13 episodes, when Veronica taylor and Crispin Freeman take over Amelia, and Zelgadis). Its still good before then, but Zelgadis and Amelia's voices are terrible before that (Zelgadis sounds way too effeminate, and Amelia is 100x more annoying).[/QUOTE]

Okay, sorry to go off like this, but I've talked with so many Slayers fans who need to take off their Nostalgia Goggles and come back to Earth.

Here's the thing - I like Slayers. Way more than I should, even, but I also recognize that it's a flawed show. I guess the best part about Slayers is watching the main cast interact with each other. It's almost always hilarious, and they're all quite charming. The Japanese language track is also phenominal, but the dub is *atrocious* aside from the four you mentioned (and even Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor are merely passable at times). The Slayers franchise is one of the best examples of a bad 90's dub, with every last secondary character sounding completely hammy and over-acted. Also, watching the first season is more often than not like watching paint dry. Next and Try step things up and become more interesting, but holy crap, the first season is mostly a paint-by-numbers generic fantasy anime with some amusing dialog thrown in here and there.

Now, that said, would I pick it up at $45? Hell yes, the later seasons were quite fun once I warmed up to the main cast. But don't buy it for the dub. Ever.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Okay, sorry to go off like this, but I've talked with so many Slayers fans who need to take off their Nostalgia Goggles and come back to Earth.

Here's the thing - I like Slayers. Way more than I should, even, but I also recognize that it's a flawed show. I guess the best part about Slayers is watching the main cast interact with each other. It's almost always hilarious, and they're all quite charming. The Japanese language track is also phenominal, but the dub is *atrocious* aside from the four you mentioned (and even Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor are merely passable at times). The Slayers franchise is one of the best examples of a bad 90's dub, with every last secondary character sounding completely hammy and over-acted. Also, watching the first season is more often than not like watching paint dry. Next and Try step things up and become more interesting, but holy crap, the first season is mostly a paint-by-numbers generic fantasy anime with some amusing dialog thrown in here and there.

Now, that said, would I pick it up at $45? Hell yes, the later seasons were quite fun once I warmed up to the main cast. But don't buy it for the dub. Ever.[/quote]

Out of curiosity, what animes do you like? So far everytime I've seen someone mention liking an anime, you write a paragraph about why they're wrong.

[quote name='Rocko']R.o.d. Tv.[/QUOTE]

If they put up an ROD set, then count me as an instant buy. Still, it would have to be between $30-40 in this current economy. So far there hasn't been anything that I really want/must have. all mostly passable. I'm thinking about Aquarian Age now that I see it at $15, but if they throw up ROD, then bam, instant buy on both and I'm happy for this year's 12 days of anime.

Ditto. The R.O.D. OVA is one of my favorites. I have volumes 1, 2 and 7, but I'd still buy a discounted set since the singles are pretty expensive.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Fruits Basket set and either Maburaho or Negima. Slayers looks interesting, but I don't want to drop $45 on one series.

I suppose we'll see as the sale ends, though.

[quote name='genfuyung']Out of curiosity, what animes do you like? So far everytime I've seen someone mention liking an anime, you write a paragraph about why they're wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know I'm kind of an anime snob. I'm not sure what kind of anime I like, really... Is "good anime" a category? I guess good characters and a compelling story are most important. Some of my favorites include:

Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Princess Tutu
Azumanga Daioh
Monster
Read or Die/R.O.D The TV
Cowboy Bebop
Jubei-chan
Fullmetal Alchemist
Now and Then, Here and There
Samurai Champloo
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kodomo no Omocha
Cardcaptor Sakura

Does that help any?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yeah, I know I'm kind of an anime snob. I'm not sure what kind of anime I like, really... Is "good anime" a category? I guess good characters and a compelling story are most important. Some of my favorites include:

Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Princess Tutu
Azumanga Daioh
Monster
Read or Die/R.O.D The TV
Cowboy Bebop
Jubei-chan
Fullmetal Alchemist
Now and Then, Here and There
Samurai Champloo
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kodomo no Omocha
Cardcaptor Sakura

Does that help any?[/quote]
Nothing to be helped. Was just curious.

sucks that the sale ends on the 21st, I'd love to snatch some stuff up with Christmas money but won't have that until Christmas obviously

Fruits Basket is a show that pretty much anyone would like in some way. I've shown it to fans of uber violence, DBZ, Shoujo, shounen, what have you and all of them have liked the show (only one person didn't like it, but he was a huge exception) on the other hand the other 100 or so people, and they all loved it. (and I'm not kidding you about that, I showed it at my college, and since I bought it in 200whatever when funi first licensed it, I paid the $40 per volume ridiculousness ($30 after typical internet reduction) they charged at first, I loved it that much. I've shown it to a ton of people through private viewings as well. And yes, I had Funi's permission)

[quote name='VamP']I'd bite on the Slayers deal, but I can't stand that type of packaging.[/quote]

Someone please provide pictures or links to Slayer's Packaging. Thanks.

After subtly questioning her, I just found out my wife would really like to have Fruits Basket. So now they just need to put something else in the sale that I really want to get me up to $50, and do it in time for me to get it shipped for Christmas. :)

[quote name='argyle']After subtly questioning her, I just found out my wife would really like to have Fruits Basket. So now they just need to put something else in the sale that I really want to get me up to $50, and do it in time for me to get it shipped for Christmas. :)[/quote]

I'd suggest angelic layer and something else.

crap!! I just bought the singles of Basilisk off of Amazon.com used marketplace for $32!!! aw well, not that big a deal. Aquarian looks really interesting but just not for that price for 1/2 seasons. Good thing nothing I need here though. 4 more days of deals coming and I already put an order in and have slayers in my cart waiting for something else :D. Can't take much more :D

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']Someone please provide pictures or links to Slayer's Packaging. Thanks.[/quote]
The interior (2/3 of it) look something this...via Amazon.com

4ce08bacd7a08a5488257110.L.jpg

Season 1: foldout digipak (w/overlapping discs - 4 total) w/slipcover
Season 2 & 3: foldout digipak (w/overlapping discs - 4 total) w/o slipcover

Well slayers is tempting, but since i have the old version of one its marginal for me. I do need to pick up a copy of Next at some point.

[quote name='Grico']Well slayers is tempting, but since i have the old version of one its marginal for me. I do need to pick up a copy of Next at some point.[/QUOTE]

It's really too bad that Funimation's promise of a "digitally remastered" Slayers turned out to be a lie. I would have gladly re-purchased the series if that were the case. Super disappointing.

Though the Slayers set was the winner of that day, don't underestimate Gao-Gai-Gar now. Giant robots, cheesy OP, absurd and illogical events. What's not to love?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']It's really too bad that Funimation's promise of a "digitally remastered" Slayers turned out to be a lie. I would have gladly re-purchased the series if that were the case. Super disappointing.[/quote]

How is the re-release by Funi compared to the old Central Park version??? I have season 1 in the CP version and a bootleg for the 2nd and 3rd season. I know I want the sent for the 2nd and 3rd alone but I'm curious if they increased the quality at all between the original release and funi's re-release for my season 1.

[quote name='wormraper']How is the re-release by Funi compared to the old Central Park version??? I have season 1 in the CP version and a bootleg for the 2nd and 3rd season. I know I want the sent for the 2nd and 3rd alone but I'm curious if they increased the quality at all between the original release and funi's re-release for my season 1.[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite sure, since I stopped investigating after reading that there were no improvements in video or audio. I *think* I remember reading that the CPM version (I should clarify - CPM's *remastered* version) of season one was actually better than Funimation's release in some way... Maybe it was chapter stops? I forget. Could somebody else field this one?

If anyone wants to check out the entire 1st season of Slayers its hosted legally for free on Hulu by Funimation

http://www.hulu.com/slayers?c=Animation-and-Cartoons

I LOVE HULU!

Also Funimation host Season 1 and 2 on Youtube (Free and legally)....but the quality is better on Hulu

Season 1 of Slayers

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8EBEA3FAFC69552E

Season 2 of Slayers Next

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=47D16DE4C2A31BA7

Also here is Suzuka:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=584BF2800AC7561E

I LOVE HULU AND JOOST (and to a lesser extend youtube)

# DAY 01:
* Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars DVD Thinpak Collection (Hyb): $19.99 (67% OFF)

# DAY 01:
* Suzuka DVD Box Set (Hyb): 29.99 (50% OFF)

# DAY 03:
* Maburaho DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak): $24.99 (64% OFF)

# DAY 06:
* Negima DVD Box Set (Hyb): $24.99 (72% OFF)

# DAY 08:
* Basilisk DVD Box Set (Hyb): $24.99 (72% OFF)

[quote name='buckythekat']sucks that the sale ends on the 21st, I'd love to snatch some stuff up with Christmas money but won't have that until Christmas obviously[/QUOTE]

You might still- this sale normally gets an extension. I forget for how long, though...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I'm not quite sure, since I stopped investigating after reading that there were no improvements in video or audio. I *think* I remember reading that the CPM version (I should clarify - CPM's *remastered* version) of season one was actually better than Funimation's release in some way... Maybe it was chapter stops? I forget. Could somebody else field this one?[/quote]

As far as I know there is very minimal differences between the releases...

The remastering process will also involve restoring some minor edits from the previous release and redubbing some selected dialogue, with all efforts made to retain the original English cast.

[quote name='DarkZero104']Though the Slayers set was the winner of that day, don't underestimate Gao-Gai-Gar now. Giant robots, cheesy OP, absurd and illogical events. What's not to love?[/quote]

*Goes to Rightstuf.com. Checks out the specifications on Gao-Gai-Gar. Subtitle only for the second boxset* FAILS MISERABLY.

Apparently, there's plenty not to love about Gao-Gai-Gar...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']*crosses fingers for Maison Ikkoku (season two or higher) in the next few days*[/quote]

If they do list this series (which is not likely), it just won't be sets 5 and 8 (they are no longer listed). I personally treat this series as while supplies last. I think Viz Media is letting series go as it sells out. It's rather unfortunate for this great series.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']*Goes to Rightstuf.com. Checks out the specifications on Gao-Gai-Gar. Subtitle only for the second boxset* FAILS MISERABLY.

Apparently, there's plenty not to love about Gao-Gai-Gar...[/quote]

If I remember correctly, John Sirabella has noted that the first season sold miserably. Basically to the extent that they shouldn't have dubbed the series in the first place. I think it's fortunate (at least to its fans) that they even released the 2nd set when they could have just left the series alone. It's unfortuatne that the dubbing couldn't be done for the entire series, but it's just not cost effective for Media Blasters to deal with...

bread's done
Back