[DEAD] 12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59PM CST, December 23rd.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

RightStuf.com's 12+ Days of Anime Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I wanted Witch Hunter Robin but was waiting for something to add for free shipping. Then fruit baskets came up for my GF and all was right with the world... till I saw Princess Tutu was also on sale and it became an all GF order. They even have Kyo Kara Moah on sale! It's like they saw her Chirstmas List and marked everything off.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I love Angelic Layer to death, but man, this sale has been extremely underwhelming thus far. At least my Mushi-shi arrived today.[/quote]

That reminds me. I'm supposed to call them about my Mushi-shi order, because for some reason, they couldn't charge it.

Thankfully, nothing so far. Maybe Fruits Basket, but that would be the definition of an impulse buy, just because it's cheap. Already have Angelic Layer, but I haven't gotten to watching it yet.

[quote name='MrBrando']Man, I wanted Witch Hunter Robin but was waiting for something to add for free shipping. Then fruit baskets came up for my GF and all was right with the world... till I saw Princess Tutu was also on sale and it became an all GF order. They even have Kyo Kara Moah on sale! It's like they saw her Chirstmas List and marked everything off.[/QUOTE]

Princess Tutu is in my top three anime of all time. Seriously, it's that good, despite the silly title. Your girlfriend is going to love you for it.

All harem anime are romantic comedies, and yes, Maison Ikkoku was a harem anime (I'm pretty sure at least 3 girls were after Goda), its definitely great anime, nonetheless. (something a lot of harem animes cannot claim). I plan to order Maburaho once more stuff shows up that I really want that I don't already own is on the list (thought princess tutu has my eye)

[quote name='Gden']All harem anime are romantic comedies, and yes, Maison Ikkoku was a harem anime (I'm pretty sure at least 3 girls were after Goda), its definitely great anime, nonetheless. (something a lot of harem animes cannot claim).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was much better than that other harem anime, Evangelion.

Princess Tutu is amazing, a modern classic fairy tale with a timeless story. But I preferred the pre-name-fix fansub. Mute was a better fitting name than Mytho.

Both Fruits Basket's and Princess Tutu's opening songs were performed by the late great Ritsuko Okazaki. Both great animes to look into. And Tutu is definitely not aimed at children. It has some dark tones and themes akin to the original version of fairy tales, but it's presented very well.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I thought Princess Tutu was more aimed at children.
Wrong?[/QUOTE]

I suppose, but then so are Naruto and One Piece, and both of those can be quite grim as well.

Princess Tutu's silly title and fluffy art (as well as the first couple episodes, I suppose) hide a rather dark, fantastic fairy tale. The whole show is really top-notch, and there's very little filler to speak of. I was shocked when I first watched the fansubs for it many years back, mainly because I never expected it to be as fantastic as it was. Check out the glowing reviews on AnimeOnDVD.com, Anime News Network, and Anidb.info if my word alone isn't good enough for you.

[quote name='B:L']Princess Tutu is amazing, a modern classic fairy tale with a timeless story. But I preferred the pre-name-fix fansub. Mute was a better fitting name than Mytho.[/QUOTE]

Take that up with the creators.

ok guys, I know this is off topic but I need to ask your opinion. I'm thinking of getting my GF that kyo kara maoh set but $65 is alot, though it is a great price for that set. OK, so far I've gotten her

Princess Tutu
Twelve Kingdoms
Midori Days
Mushi-shi
Deathnote

I'm thinking of returning deathnote, or selling it to go towards Kyo. How is deathnote? We saw the 2 live action movies and liked the first one but the second one was really random, is the series like this? Also, how are the other series I got her? I know princess tutu is awesome and she def wants that but I got her the other ones cause they were cheap and seemed to have ok reviews, I'm just not sure if they're her thing. Other things she likes are

Samurai 7
My Hime
Hellsing
Inuyasha
cowboy beboop
blood +
Loveless

She also said she loves funny animes. ok, thanks for the help, just too much to buy!

Nothing interesting since Tweeny Witches for me... but there's 7+ days yet to go, so we'll see. ;)

Princess Tutu is wonderful. Funny that people didn't figure that out till the ADV 10/25 sale. it was fun watching the price of volume 1 go from $4 at TRSI to $70-100 on Ebay in the space of 2 weeks. :lol: I often wonder if ADV was planning the boxset all along, or if they scambled one together when they saw the unexpected surge of interest.

[quote name='MrBrando']ok guys, I know this is off topic but I need to ask your opinion. I'm thinking of getting my GF that kyo kara maoh set but $65 is alot, though it is a great price for that set. OK, so far I've gotten her

Princess Tutu
Twelve Kingdoms
Midori Days
Mushi-shi
Deathnote

I'm thinking of returning deathnote, or selling it to go towards Kyo. How is deathnote? We saw the 2 live action movies and liked the first one but the second one was really random, is the series like this? Also, how are the other series I got her? I know princess tutu is awesome and she def wants that but I got her the other ones cause they were cheap and seemed to have ok reviews, I'm just not sure if they're her thing.[/QUOTE]

Kyo Karah Maoh is nowhere near as good as Death Note. KKM is unremarkable pretty-boy comedy schlock, while Death Note actually has an interesting story to tell. Also, the Death Note anime is far, far superior to the live-action movies you've seen. Then again, if she likes Loveless...

No! I still say Death Note is the better choice.

Mushi-shi is another fantastic show. Can't go wrong there. Midori Days is pretty odd, but I was amused with it. I hesitate to call it "good," but it has plenty of "WTF!" moments that kept me watching. I mean, c'mon, the girl is his hand! That's reason enough to watch, right? Twelve Kingdoms is also pretty great, though at times I did get tired of the endless amounts of terminology I had to memorize to follow what was going on.

Anyways, seems to me you have a pretty good list there, and your girlfriend should be more than happy with your choices.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Princess Tutu is wonderful. Funny that people didn't figure that out till the ADV 10/25 sale. it was fun watching the price of volume 1 go from $4 at TRSI to $70-100 on Ebay in the space of 2 weeks. :lol: I often wonder if ADV was planning the boxset all along, or if they scambled one together when they saw the unexpected surge of interest.[/QUOTE]

Heck, I paid nearly $20 per disc as they were first released, and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Well, Angelic Layer catches my eye today.

Right now my main interest is Fruits Basket, followed by Maburaho, Angelic Layer, Boys Be, and To Heart. Comic Party and Princess Tutu also both look good.

I certainly can't buy all of them, though, and I've got another 7 days to go. This will be a tough decision.

[quote name='wormraper']Damn, I woulda got Witchblade if it was $29.99 or less but $39.99 pushes it just outta my range :(.[/quote]

$39.99 is a pretty good price on Witchblade. Have the entire set myself including the artbox with "flawed" dimensions (note: all witchblade artboxes has this flawed dimension. After fitting all six volumes, the artbox still has an extra centimeter or so gap to spare.) In the upcoming months, just don't buy that extra $10.00 dvd and use that to fund witchblade.

So far of interest (probably not going to pull the trigger though):
1. Tweeny Witches (finally something that doesn't have your traditional anime character design; animation looks wonderful)
2. Shuffle (have no clue what the plot is about; but the animation looks good when compared to other Japanese anime. Note: animation is not the same as character design).
3. He-Man Season 1 and Season 2
4. The Third: Girl with the Blue Eye ($79.99 is pretty steep though; might simply wait for "The Third" to hit bargain bin pricing. It appears that rightstuf titles usually hit bargain status tagged at $6.99 or $5.99 or so.)

Don't like thin-paks, so thinpak holiday offerings are out of the question.

How many He-Man seasons are there total?

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']$39.99 is a pretty good price on Witchblade. Have the entire set myself including the artbox with "flawed" dimensions (note: all witchblade artboxes has this flawed dimension. After fitting all six volumes, the artbox still has an extra centimeter or so gap to spare.) In the upcoming months, just don't buy that extra $10.00 dvd and use that to fund witchblade.

So far of interest (probably not going to pull the trigger though):
1. Tweeny Witches (finally something that doesn't have your traditional anime character design; animation looks wonderful)
2. Shuffle (have no clue what the plot is about; but the animation looks good when compared to other Japanese anime. Note: animation is not the same as character design).
3. He-Man Season 1 and Season 2
4. The Third: Girl with the Blue Eye ($79.99 is pretty steep though; might simply wait for "The Third" to hit bargain bin pricing. It appears that rightstuf titles usually hit bargain status tagged at $6.99 or $5.99 or so.)

Don't like thin-paks, so thinpak holiday offerings are out of the question.

How many He-Man seasons are there total?[/quote]

Yeah, $39.99 isn't that bad, but still, I put a limit of $30 for anything cuz I can always find it for that price or less on Amazon marketplace in a few months (especially when the singles will devalue like nothing else since the box set is out).

He man has only 2 seasons with 2 volumes each, what Shawne has up is the complete series.

[quote name='Rocko']Well, Angelic Layer catches my eye today.

Right now my main interest is Fruits Basket, followed by Maburaho, Angelic Layer, Boys Be, and To Heart. Comic Party and Princess Tutu also both look good.

I certainly can't buy all of them, though, and I've got another 7 days to go. This will be a tough decision.[/QUOTE]

That's actually pretty easy - Fruits Basket, Angelic Layer, and Princess Tutu. There are no other correct answers.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Heck, I paid nearly $20 per disc as they were first released, and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

So would I :D Actually, if I didn't already have my sister's Christmas presents, I would be.

To MrBrando- just keep Death Note. If she didn't hate the movies, she should like the anime (and the ending is different- the live action cut a lot of stuff to make a viable ending within 2 movies.)

I'm gonna be the voice of dissention here and say Mushi-shi isn't an automatic buy. Don't get the wrong idea- I love Mushi-shi. It's got great fable-style stories and drop dead gorgeous visuals. However, it's slow. Like, really, really slow. The pacing is not for everyone- but if your GF has the patience to appericate it, it's pure gold. (My mom and brother were bored out of their skins.)

Fullmetal Panic The Second Raid is $30.99 at Amazon. I caved. I believe that is the cheapest I have ever seen it.

Now just waiting and hoping Rightstuf delivers Princess Tutu for under $30.

[quote name='b3b0p']Fullmetal Panic The Second Raid is $30.99 at Amazon. I caved. I believe that is the cheapest I have ever seen it.

Now just waiting and hoping Rightstuf delivers Princess Tutu for under $30.[/quote]

How does the fullmetal panic series go? Fullmetal panic, second raid, and then fumoffu?

[quote name='Panda']Wow, Peach Girl box set for $30. I like the manga better than the anime though. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, the manga and the anime follow the exact same storyline but the anime lost some of the magic somewhere along the way.... kind of like the Chobits anime.

Thinking of getting Princess Tutu and Angelic Layer based on recommendations here. Is AL as cute and good as the manga?

Full metal panic, Fumoffu then the second Raid. Though the other two are pretty standalone so either order is fine. Fixed: Don't go into The Second Raid expecting anything like the first two seasons. Its almost a completely different show, just with the same characters. No one acts like themselves, and the plot goes very screwy, and Sousuke becomes a whiny little bitch. It wasn't very much at all in the original spirit of Full Metal Panic, in my opinion. I bought it to complete the series, but if you want the best of the show, watch the first two seasons, and the OVA that ends The Second Raid.

[quote name='Gden']Full metal panic, Fumoffu then the second Raid. Though the other two are pretty standalone so either order is fine. Fixed: Don't go into The Second Raid expecting anything like the first two seasons. Its almost a completely different show, just with the same characters. No one acts like themselves, and the plot goes very screwy, and Sousuke becomes a whiny little bitch. It wasn't very much at all in the original spirit of Full Metal Panic, in my opinion. I bought it to complete the series, but if you want the best of the show, watch the first two seasons, and the OVA that ends The Second Raid. [/QUOTE]

I much preferred Second Raid to the first season. Muchly much preferred. Fumoffu is still tops, though!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Thinking of getting Princess Tutu and Angelic Layer based on recommendations here. Is AL as cute and good as the manga?[/QUOTE]

The Angelic Layer anime is better than the manga.

[quote name='genfuyung']Angelic layer can be watched on the 360 through netflix for whoever has that setup.[/quote]

Anyone can watch Angelic Layer for free legally on Joost. However its is very cheap now and worth added to a collection if you like to collect anime.

http://www.joost.com/37nj53x/t/Angelic-Layer

Oh also Peach Girl can be streamed for free (legally) on Hulu along with Shuffle. I think they have the entire series of each. And if they arent the complete Funi keeps added new episode about every other week.

http://www.hulu.com/peach-girl?c=Animation-and-Cartoons

http://www.hulu.com/shuffle?c=Animation-and-Cartoons

# DAY 01:
* Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars DVD Thinpak Collection (Hyb): $19.99 (66% OFF)

# DAY 02:
* Suzuka DVD Box Set (Hyb): 29.99 (50% OFF)

# DAY 03:
* Maburaho DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak): $24.99 (65% OFF)

# DAY 04:

# DAY 05:

# DAY 06:
* Negima DVD Box Set (Hyb): $24.99 (72% OFF)

Still more to come ... hope all deal is bad so i don't want to spend any $$$$ :)

[quote name='wormraper']I REALLLLY hope they put up the Ghost In the Shell 2nd gig boxset. Need to complete that :D[/QUOTE]

Good call, I need 2nd Gig as well. I also wouldn't mind seeing Gun X Sword, I have a friend who has really talked that one up.

How long will Princess Tutu stay at that price?

Also, thanks for the heads up on Angelic Layer being on Netflix, I think I'll go that route.

Negima looks interesting today.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I much preferred Second Raid to the first season. Muchly much preferred. Fumoffu is still tops, though![/quote]

Seconded.

[quote name='Rocko']How long will Princess Tutu stay at that price?

Also, thanks for the heads up on Angelic Layer being on Netflix, I think I'll go that route.

Negima looks interesting today.[/quote]

Until next Wednesday. The new deals will be up Thursday, but it is possible that it will carry over another week (like Cowboy Bebop Remix Collection).

Hm. That's slightly inconvenient, since the 12 days sale won't be over until after that. Might have to skip on Princess Tutu in that case.

[quote name='Rocko']Hm. That's slightly inconvenient, since the 12 days sale won't be over until after that. Might have to skip on Princess Tutu in that case.[/quote]

If you're unable to order it from TRSI. Try DVD Pacific. Their everyday price for the set is $28.49 with free S/H and no tax (unless you're in FL).

[quote name='Rocko']Hm. That's slightly inconvenient, since the 12 days sale won't be over until after that. Might have to skip on Princess Tutu in that case.[/quote]

Why don't you order $49 worth of stuff (free shipping) and place another order later? As soon as I hit $49, I place an order.

Because I really only want to spend like $70 tops- definitely not $100, since I spent a lot in the Bargain Bin Blowout sale (I think like $130). I'm trying to wait until the Xmas sale is all revealed so I can choose the sets I want the most.

Thanks for the link, WTK. I'm in FL, but that still only puts it a little above $30 after tax. I'll bookmark that.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Is Negima any good? I can never seem to get into these magic based shows, and it seems like this one has a lot of that in it.[/QUOTE]

Not really, no. I don't know why anybody is considering it. It's a harem show with a bit of Harry Potter thrown in, but here's the thing - the original show was produced so poorly that the creator apologized for its quality, and subsequently the show was *re-made* less a year later by another animation company. That says a lot.

[quote name='Rocko']Hm. That's slightly inconvenient, since the 12 days sale won't be over until after that. Might have to skip on Princess Tutu in that case.[/QUOTE]
But you'd miss out on the best show in the entire RightStuf inventory!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Not really, no. I don't know why anybody is considering it. It's a harem show with a bit of Harry Potter thrown in, but here's the thing - the original show was produced so poorly that the creator apologized for its quality, and subsequently the show was *re-made* less a year later by another animation company. That says a lot.

But you'd miss out on the best show in the entire RightStuf inventory![/quote]

I think Negima was great. Of all the magic based shows I'd say its the best. Just look it up and watch the first episode and see if you like it. Its a great deal for that price.

[quote name='o_O']The Negima manga is infinitely better than either of the anime versions.[/quote]
I totally agree. But the anime box set is such a great price.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm assuming this is dubbed?[/quote]

Yea all the ones I linked are dubbed.....however they have a few amine that are just uncut subs. They have an anime section on each of their sites...so check out what they have. Its free and I don't think you have to sign up unless you want to watch shuffle (because its rated MA)

bread's done
Back