*DEAD*$20 Dead Space 2 LE PS3/X360 instore & online (currently OOS) Read OP!

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
THIS IS THE LIMITED EDITION PS3 w/DEAD SPACE EXTRACTION FULL GAME NOT THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION W/MINI PLASMA CUTTER & THE REGULAR X360 GAME
Link:pIC of PS3 LE cover art
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14293265.html

After making a delivery to Sears portrait saw both PS3 LE & X360 Dead Space 2 for $20. This is the best price for new I've seen
The $20 price could only have been had if you use the 50% off @gamer coupon at BB.

**Dead Space Extraction is a PS3 exclusive only on the LE/CE**
**On the cover of the PS3 game it will say "includes DS extraction"**
Deal is in-store & online but OOS online so I didn't post a link

Credit to Saix_XIII
PS3: Normal game with demo of Extraction on the disc (unconfirmed)
PS3 LE: Normal game with Dead Space Extraction on the disc
PS3 CE: Normal game with Extraction and the plastic plasma cutter as well as the other CE items
360: Normal game
360 CE: Normal game and the plastic plasma cutter as well as the other CE items

This CAN be price matched at BB using the website even if it's OOS online as long as the nearest store has it IN STOCK. Also, buy it on X360 based on the Sears stock then come back later to BB & do an EVEN EXCHANGE for the PS3 version if you really want Extraction. If they give you a hard time tell them it's a gift & you weren't sure what system the person your buying it for had.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mr rico college']I ordered the 360 version, got confirmation for sears to pick it up.

went to sears and they tried to give me the P3 version and they had no 360 versions left. I complained up a storm, got my refund and got a free $5 gift card.[/QUOTE]

Same here, they handed me a PS3 version -- except I *never* received any order confirmation, so I couldn't fight them on it. Luckily, they did have a 360 version in stock (marked at $40), so I was able to exchange it at the electronics desk.

The York, PA Sears has plenty of PS3 limited edition and the XBOX 360 versions in stock. They are marked at $59.99 but both ring up at $19.99 at least 5 of each

[quote name='shurija']Just came back from the Sears at Rego Park in Queens, NY. I couldn't find one for Xbox 360. I'm planning to price-match it at Best Buy, did you guys
printed out the webpage with the price or there's actually an ad for this "sale"?[/QUOTE]

Here's an easy way to get a BB pm using a smartphone with the item being OOS. Use the mobile site instead of the full one;
1-search the site for "dead space 2"
2-DO NOT CLICK on the item but is should be the 1st one
3-It will say "$39.99" which is crossed out & "$19.99" will show it's on sale
4-turn off your WI-FI make sure your phone won't allow the web to work when the item is clicked.

Here's a link to the mobile version already setup at the page needed
link:http://m.sears.com/keyword.do?keyword=Dead+space+2&nbSubmit=&nbActionFormEncoding=UTF-8#newproducts X360 version but follow the even exchange option in the OP & get whichever one you want

YMMV but that's why I'm a "pm monster" you pick things up by accident that work & keep them in your "playbook" for when it's needed.

Just picked my LE PS3 copy from my online order in Tallahassee, FL. They had a few left in 360 if anyone is interested in the area. Thanks OP!

Thanks, OP! Ordered the PS3 version online for in-store pickup. There were plenty of Xbox 360 copies and one PS3 copy left at the store (Shoreline, WA).

[quote name='benjamouth']Just picked up the PS3 LE copy I ordered from the Sears at Granite Run Mall, PA.

They had one more PS3 LE and one copy for the 360, both marked at $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know there were any other CAGs from around here. I head up that way pretty often.

I picked up the only copies left at the Concord Mall + Prices Corner in DE. The site told me they were the only two Sears around that carried it. I may have went to Granite Run had I known they had it. Oh well... no tax for me!

First experience using merchandise pick-up at Sears. The first time took them 11 minutes so they gave me a $5 coupon good on any future purchase. I'll take it!

And this is why you never pay attention to the OOS for in-store pickup fellow CAG's! Had to make a return anyway so I stopped by the game department and although both were showing OOS online they still had one LE for the PS3 so I snatched it up. They didn't even have a place for it in the 360 section though.

Took that sucker right over to BB and traded it in for $30 too! So if anybody is in Salisbury MD and want it you could probably head over to BB tomorrow and use the 50% off used game coupon to get it before somebody else does!

Just picked up the last PS3 one at the Michigan City, IN store. They had at least a half dozen 360 ones left. Price on the shelf was still 59.99, but came up 19.99 at the register.

Got the last PS3 limited edition copy at the Sears over at Pembroke Mall in Virginia Beach... Last copy for both systems it seems thanks OP $20.99 after tax, thankfully I never bought Extraction earlier

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Didn't know there were any other CAGs from around here. I head up that way pretty often.

I picked up the only copies left at the Concord Mall + Prices Corner in DE. The site told me they were the only two Sears around that carried it. I may have went to Granite Run had I known they had it. Oh well... no tax for me!

First experience using merchandise pick-up at Sears. The first time took them 11 minutes so they gave me a $5 coupon good on any future purchase. I'll take it![/QUOTE]

HMMM...I hope you didn't pick up my copy. Ordered today (360) and am planning to pick up this week or Sunday (live in Middletown). At the time of my order, it said there were 2 copies at Prices Corner. Even though I have a confirm number, I'm still a bit paranoid. Don't usually deal with Sears. Wonder how long they hold orders....it didn't say on the confirm.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Didn't know there were any other CAGs from around here. I head up that way pretty often.

[/QUOTE]

Errrr wow, how many copies do you reckon you need ?

Gracias...grabbed copies of the PS3 LE version for myself and a friend. Marked $39.99 but rang up at $19.99... FYI, the inventory on the website might not be entirely accurate. The website said only one left in stock, but there were two in the case.

[quote name='skiizim']Spent nearly $22 to make $8 and some change?!?!?! I guess I should quit my $31 an hour job and do what your doing!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Don't have to be a smartass... You do know what forum you're on, right? I'm really not sure if you belong here. I spent total $46 and some change (a good portion of that in credit) to make $60 and I did so mainly to move some credit around. If I'm moving credit around and I'm going to be at both stores anyway, why not make some money in the process? If you saw $14 on the street are you telling me you'd just walk right over it?

[quote name='benjamouth']Errrr wow, how many copies do you reckon you need ?[/QUOTE]

2? One from each store. Hence the "only".

@darrenaero: Each store said it had 1 in stock when I ordered. I placed my order around 11:30 AM, but didn't pick them up until about 8pm.

[quote name='JKSonic']Don't have to be a smartass... You do know what forum you're on, right? I'm really not sure if you belong here. I spent total $46 and some change (a good portion of that in credit) to make $60 and I did so mainly to move some credit around. If I'm moving credit around and I'm going to be at both stores anyway, why not make some money in the process? If you saw $14 on the street are you telling me you'd just walk right over it?[/QUOTE]

Don't talk back to him, dude. He makes $31 an hour. Not $30. Thirty-ONE.

i'm impressed with how easy and fast the merchandise p.u. system is at sears. waited less than 2 minutes--there's a countdown clock on the monitor after you check in showing how long you're waiting. got the one and only ps3 ds2 at concord sunvalley mall. several copies of xbox ds2 up for grabs in the locked cabinet marked 59.99.

thanks op!

I bought Dead Space 2:CE(39.99) from Amazon 9 days ago... Today I saw DS2 19.99 at sears.. I feel like "AHH DFSGADSFACv" and Just got USPS box.

There is "2" of DS2:CE inside box... so.. Im ok with Sears price = )

[quote name='onyzukae']I bought Dead Space 2:CE(39.99) from Amazon 9 days ago... Today I saw DS2 19.99 at sears.. I feel like "AHH DFSGADSFACv" and Just got USPS box.

There is "2" of DS2:CE inside box... so.. Im ok with Sears price = )[/QUOTE]

So u got 2 CE from Amazon?

[quote name='darrenaero']HMMM...I hope you didn't pick up my copy. Ordered today (360) and am planning to pick up this week or Sunday (live in Middletown). At the time of my order, it said there were 2 copies at Prices Corner. Even though I have a confirm number, I'm still a bit paranoid. Don't usually deal with Sears. Wonder how long they hold orders....it didn't say on the confirm.[/QUOTE]

U have 7 days to pick up or they will put it back on the floor. They lock it in the backroom anyway.

Dont worry. Be Happy.

[quote name='The Punisher']So u got 2 CE from Amazon?[/QUOTE]
Yes! I got 2 CE...and Im NOT gonna tell them.
ohhh.. well.. If anyone want DEAD SPACE 2: CE Just pay me 29.99(Free shipping UPS)by Paypal. I will send UPS nextday(CA only) or Second day air( Im UPS hardworker.)

[quote name='onyzukae']Yes! I got 2 CE...and Im NOT gonna tell them.
ohhh.. well.. If anyone want DEAD SPACE 2: CE Just pay me 29.99(Free shipping UPS)by Paypal. I will send UPS nextday(CA only) or Second day air( Im UPS hardworker.)[/QUOTE]

So u order 1 CE and end up getting 2? Was this from Amazon or from a third party? I have Amazon credit and was thinking of ordering.

[quote name='onyzukae']Yes! I got 2 CE...and Im NOT gonna tell them.
ohhh.. well.. If anyone want DEAD SPACE 2: CE Just pay me 29.99(Free shipping UPS)by Paypal. I will send UPS nextday(CA only) or Second day air( Im UPS hardworker.)[/QUOTE]

Do u accept Amazon credit? Is this a PS3 or Xbox 360?

[quote name='The Punisher']So u order 1 CE and end up getting 2? Was this from Amazon or from a third party? I have Amazon credit and was thinking of ordering.[/QUOTE]

sold by Amazon. Do NOT order it. I think i just got Lucky..
I spent more than 2K this year. never happend B4....
PS3 ver. both of it,

How you gonna send me your Amazon credit? just guess..

[quote name='onyzukae']sold by Amazon. Do NOT order it. I think i just got Lucky..
I spent more than 2K this year. never happend B4....
PS3 ver. both of it,

How you gonna send me your Amazon credit? just guess..[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I have Amazon credit. Does it come with the gun?

Thanks, OP. The Sears website is a near-total fail: got repeated error when trying to order the last one at my local store last night. By this morning, it was working but the store was sold out. I went by and they were indeed sold out of both platforms. However, the printout was sufficient for PM at BB.

BTW my customer service experience at Best Buy was great: more personal and appreciative than ever. They didn't say it, but the implied message was "thank you for giving us the opportunity to price match." I guess the economy and their recent results have scared them. Their salespeople still need a little help dealing with adults (my name's not "boss"), but they're making an effort.

[quote name='DrNo888']What's in the CE?
LE disc with both games and plastic gun?[/QUOTE]

PS3 LE: Normal game with Dead Space Extraction on the disc

PS3 CE: Normal game with Extraction and the plastic plasma cutter as well as the other CE items

Alright was able to get this price matched at Best buy yesterday for the PS3 LE. First tried to get pm at a best buy by my work and after a long wait got shoot down by manager. I then tried at my local best buy and without any hassle got it pm with ad. From now on I am just pm at my local best buy since two days in a row they have pm with an ad without any hassle. Thanks to op good looking out on this price. Love CAG :D. Good look to the rest of u fellow CAG trying to get this deal.

I'm going to pm it today. It's hard to pm because they have weird policies. Sometimes they'll ask for an ad, sometimes they'll call the store to see if the item is in stock or they'll check online. They do whatever they think is best in order to not pm it.

I'm hoping to get the LE for 360. I may have to buy the PS3 version and tell them I made a mistake and wanted the 360 version. First I'm going to call Sears to see if they have the LE or else Best Buy won't price match it considering it's not showing up online. If not I can just get the regular edition I suppose. I won't be missing out much.

Picked one up at the Melbourne FL Sears. The video game department at this store is interesting. Did you know they stock games and consoles in -6- different areas? Even if you walk in knowing what you want the odds are against you that you will find it. Wii's consoles by the TV's (all the different packages going back to the original Wii sports pack in), value games out in the middle of an isle, clearance games in a bin on another area of the TV department, newer games on a back wall, newer games in a glass case at an end cap... really interesting.

Just got my LE PS3 copy from the Sears in Springfield, MO. Website said the store was out of stock, but I went by anyway since Sears is on the way to BB where I was planning on pm-ing. There were 4 copies in the cabinet. If you're hesitating to go pick this up because the website says it's out of stock at your stores, I'd check anyway. Doesn't seem like I'm the first to point out inventory inconsistencies here.

Guys, I think I'm gonna bite this. But I've nver price matched before. How does it work? Print screen a display showing a local sears that has dead space in stock and bring it to customer service at BB? Don't laugh at me :/

[quote name='giantqtipz']Guys, I think I'm gonna bite this. But I've nver price matched before. How does it work? Print screen a display showing a local sears that has dead space in stock and bring it to customer service at BB? Don't laugh at me :/[/QUOTE]

Bring an ad, ask them to call the store, make them check online.

[quote name='shurija']Does the Sears ad actually say $19.99 for Dead Space 2? All I can see is "save $20" with the $59.99 price on it.[/QUOTE]

Just tell them that you called the National Help Line and they said it was 20 bucks. I told that to the B&M rep and they agreed.

Question, and sorry as it was probably asked but I have a headache and don't feel like searching...

How is Extraction packed in? Is it on the disc? Is it on a card you redeem?...

Extraction is on the disc.

Saw a copy from Hayward, CA Sears store (Xbox 360) left this morning. In case anyone in the area wants one.

[quote name='raizanillusion']I picked up my copy at the Lakeforest Mall in Gaithersburg, MD. I got the PS3 LE version, $20.

Score![/QUOTE]

Wow. didnt know there was another CAG in my area :whistle2:#

Went in today, and despite the online thing saying there was only one PS3 copy in stock, there were actually two copies. It was advertised with a tag on the shelf too.

Now that I have a receipt, I think I'll try PMing at Best Buy to use up some RZ certificates, but at least if they refuse for whatever idiotic reason, I've got my LE copy. $20 for DS2 and Extraction is pretty sweet.

Plus, Sears had 4GB PSP memory cards on clearance for $3 so I snagged one of those too.

Got a PS3 LE. Thanks OP. Also wanted to say Sears' pick-up system was sweet. Someone came out with the game within 2 minutes, no lines.

I got the last PS3 copy at the Maplewood Mall location in MN. I agree with everyone the pickup was quick and easy, I'll definitely use it again.

Thanks OP, now too play Dead Space 1 first...

bread's done
Back