*DEAD*$20 Dead Space 2 LE PS3/X360 instore & online (currently OOS) Read OP!

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
THIS IS THE LIMITED EDITION PS3 w/DEAD SPACE EXTRACTION FULL GAME NOT THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION W/MINI PLASMA CUTTER & THE REGULAR X360 GAME
Link:pIC of PS3 LE cover art
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14293265.html

After making a delivery to Sears portrait saw both PS3 LE & X360 Dead Space 2 for $20. This is the best price for new I've seen
The $20 price could only have been had if you use the 50% off @gamer coupon at BB.

**Dead Space Extraction is a PS3 exclusive only on the LE/CE**
**On the cover of the PS3 game it will say "includes DS extraction"**
Deal is in-store & online but OOS online so I didn't post a link

Credit to Saix_XIII
PS3: Normal game with demo of Extraction on the disc (unconfirmed)
PS3 LE: Normal game with Dead Space Extraction on the disc
PS3 CE: Normal game with Extraction and the plastic plasma cutter as well as the other CE items
360: Normal game
360 CE: Normal game and the plastic plasma cutter as well as the other CE items

This CAN be price matched at BB using the website even if it's OOS online as long as the nearest store has it IN STOCK. Also, buy it on X360 based on the Sears stock then come back later to BB & do an EVEN EXCHANGE for the PS3 version if you really want Extraction. If they give you a hard time tell them it's a gift & you weren't sure what system the person your buying it for had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I have to activate the online pass to play Extraction? I want the game, but if the access is just for multiplayer, I'll get rid of it.

I ask because you have to activate it in Alice: Madness Returns to play AM's Alice. It's another EA game, so I figure it's the same. Just wanna make sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Price matching at BB is YMMV, but the guy was able to do it for me over there. He was pretty lax about it too I'm guessing, since he didn't even bother to check my ID.

Went to pick up my 360 copy today, scanned my order slip in the kiosk. Had to wait around 5 or 6 minutes until a guy came out and had a PS3 LE copy in his hand. I told him I ordered a 360 copy. He said to take it upstairs to the game department and get it swapped out. Got up there and the guy acted like he wouldn't do it but finally gave in once I said I was getting pissed off. Nice to know Sears can screw stuff up.

Thanks for the heads up on this Enuf.
Picked up the only copy of the PS3 LE at Sears in New Brunswick NJ today.
OOS now including 360 -
thanks again - stoked to start playing this - awesome deal

[quote name='KemperJones']Do I have to activate the online pass to play Extraction? I want the game, but if the access is just for multiplayer, I'll get rid of it.

I ask because you have to activate it in Alice: Madness Returns to play AM's Alice. It's another EA game, so I figure it's the same. Just wanna make sure.[/QUOTE]

Extraction is on the disc and the code is just for multiplayer, so you can sell that off or give it to someone or just post it here. Extraction was ok, it's a drag to play through without a Move, but once you get the flamethrower the game becomes easy mode.

Picked up the last :ps3: Dead Space 2 LE from my local Sears, it was sitting right there in the case. Had no problems, it rang up for $19.99 sale. Was in and out in 10 minutes tops. Is it just me or is your Sears damn near dead these days? I literally counted all the people in the store I saw with 2 hands.

I really don't understand Sears pricing. They lower dead space 2 limited edition to $19.99 but Prince of Persia Forgotten Sand is still $59.99. =/

[quote name='kouleefoh']I really don't understand Sears pricing. They lower dead space 2 limited edition to $19.99 but Prince of Persia Forgotten Sand is still $59.99. =/[/QUOTE]

It ain't just them check out the "clearance" games @ TRU that are still behind the glass $65 for SFIV CE, $35 for Armored Core 4 & Heavenly Sword. The stores that don't focus on games are the most out of the loop in pricing. Now of you want some tools, washer/dryer or AC Sears got you. Lifetime warranty on craftsman tools.

Just went over to Sears as I was in the area. The inventory locator said they didn't have any, but there were two for PS3 and two for 360. I didn't pick one up, but I may go back later.

[quote name='The Punisher']Wow. didnt know there was another CAG in my area :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

There's a bunch in the DC Metro area, we had a meetup at Dave & Busters a few times, in conjuction with the Goozex guys (only went to one, the first I think) I bet you we probably have at least 50 cags in our area probably more. But I think like most other areas they are alot that lurk. There's a guy in the Rockville area called Lurknomore. Good guy, meet him and IAMG101 at the D&B event.

Off topic sorry. This out of stock thing peaks me interest. Might have to make a stop by a few to see if I can locate a 360 version.

I can't find the 19.99 listing anymore on the Sears website (searching for 'dead space' mostly shows higher price listings from third party sellers). This will make it harder to pm at other b&m stores.

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']Might have to make a stop by a few to see if I can locate a 360 version.[/QUOTE]

The Catonsville store (near Baltimore, I-70) has several 360 ports left. Whether or not it's worth a drive depends on where you're coming from.

All else being equal, I would have gotten the 360 version, but the inclusion of Extraction on the disc made the PS3 port a better value. I already own Extraction on Wii, but I couldn't justify paying the same money for less content on the 360.

People who are looking for Dead Space 2 and can't find it.
EA Insider Deal will have these on sale for $15.99 at 11AM PDT. Bulletstorm is also for the same price. Free shipping only on orders $39.99 or above.
http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals

And if you're wondering, last time I ordered from EA, I got limited Edition on both games.

[quote name='kouleefoh']People who are looking for Dead Space 2 and can't find it.
EA Insider Deal will have these on sale for $15.99 at 11AM PDT. Bulletstorm is also for the same price. Free shipping only on orders $39.99 or above.
http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals

And if you're wondering, last time I ordered from EA, I got limited Edition on both games.[/QUOTE]

$15.99 even better for those who missed out, my gut feeling is they made ALOT of LE's knowing this would be 1 of the yrs 1st AAA titles & people would have gc's from Xmas. The pre-orders were way ahead of Dead Space 1 & the feedback from their ad campain with all the mothers freaking out was a huge success. Also, knowing Sony & them wanting to push Move this along with Heavy Rain were the 1st opportunity to really show move off beyond Sports Champions etc to "hardcore gamers".

Picked up the L.E. PS3 copy today even though I thought I ordered it for 360. Anyway, I'm in somewhat of a bind. I usually play horror games on the 360, since my Turtle headphones are hooked up to it. Is Extraction worth sacrificing the "5.1" headphone immersion, or no? Or should I go back and exchange for the 360 (assuming that the sound is that much of a difference)? Also, I do NOT have Move.

Picked up the one and only PS3 copy at my local store. (Online stock status said none, but I figured I'd check it out.)
Plus I found Persona 3 FES for 17.xx on clearance and it rang up 12.xx.

The clerk who got the game out of the case and the one who rang me up were stunned by the DS2 price.
Thanks OP and the gang.

Can anyone confirm whether a NON-Limited Edition, NON-collector's edition version of Dead Space 2 for PS3 will have Dead Space Extraction on the disc?

[quote name='rpnguyen']Can anyone confirm whether a NON-Limited Edition, NON-collector's edition version of Dead Space 2 for PS3 will have Dead Space Extraction on the disc?[/QUOTE]It's in the OP LE/CE has extraction once this supply runs out you'll have to pay for it in PSN. Although, I suspect once there's a GH's edition it'll have Extraction along with the other DLC the whole LE was more promo for Move than anything but it works good with move.

[quote name='Enuf']It's in the OP LE/CE has extraction once this supply runs out you'll have to pay for it in PSN. Although, I suspect once there's a GH's edition it'll have Extraction along with the other DLC the whole LE was more promo for Move than anything but it works good with move.[/QUOTE]

"Credit to Saix_XIII
PS3: Normal game with demo of Extraction on the disc (unconfirmed)"

Yes it's in the OP, I can read. But it's UNCONFIRMED in the OP. I want to confirm.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Can anyone confirm whether a NON-Limited Edition, NON-collector's edition version of Dead Space 2 for PS3 will have Dead Space Extraction on the disc?[/QUOTE]

For about the 25th time:

Everyone who's gotten this ps3 deal from Sears has gotten the LE version. Yes, Extraction is on the disc.

[quote name='rpnguyen']"Credit to Saix_XIII
PS3: Normal game with demo of Extraction on the disc (unconfirmed)"

Yes it's in the OP, I can read. But it's UNCONFIRMED in the OP. I want to confirm.[/QUOTE]No offense intended but on long thread people tend not to read the OP. Here's a link from the Sony site once the LE are gone the next version won't have extraction you'll have to pay for it on PSN.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...mited-edition-includes-dead-space-extraction/

[quote name='Enuf']No offense intended but on long thread people tend not to read the OP. Here's a link from the Sony site once the LE are gone the next version won't have extraction you'll have to pay for it on PSN.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...mited-edition-includes-dead-space-extraction/[/QUOTE]

Yea I got the answer from your link, thanks.

"+ Steve Papoutsis on January 26th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:
Nope its only on the first Limited Edition Pressing and in the Collectors edition. You can however buy it on the PSN store."

I guess I should get an LE asap since I have Move and really want to play Extraction. Too bad all the Sears nearby are OOS.

[quote name='LordSMVS']Is extraction any fun without move?[/QUOTE]

Depends...would you rather play a rails shooter like time crisis with a controller or Move. Move gets you as close as possible to the "true arcade" experience I like it.

Thanks OP! Picked up both versions (360/PS3) brand new. I got the last PS3 copy at the store today, too. :) Can't wait to (finally) try out my Move (and PS3 for that matter, lol)! :D

even if you dont have move is a great game with great characters, i played the game without move and it was fine

don't know if anyone cares but, if you bought a dead space game from sears for 20 bucks you can trade it in to best buy for a 30 dollar gift card, so if you have a sears near by you, you can buy 3 for 60 and get 90 dollars in gift cards for best buy. Then you can use those gift cards to buy anything at best buy orrr you can even buy gift cards from best buy (anything besides the visa ones), and buy anything else from another store. Might be a nice idea to combine the deal with any other deal. Its like getting a free 30 dollars if u got 3 copies, or 10 per game. I think theres a limit of 3 per game per person.

There is a demo on PSN you can try. I played it with a controller and thought it was decent.

Rent a center has Move I think it's like $25/week so you can always rent it for a day or 2 check it out & decide for yourself w/o spending alot of $.

Even if I took the 19.99 print out... best buy is going to check their computers by typing dead space 2 at sears.com...and that's when it will point to the higher prices :(....
what do they need to type to get the 19.99 version?

I still see the 19.99 listings on the Sears website. Search for 'dead space' and then in the upper-right hand corner, click on the 'sears only' tab. That will remove all the third-party sellers and you should see the lower price.

I don't know how long this price will be in effect, though, and ymmv whether other stores will price match if it's not available at any of your local Sears.

Finally found a Sears that had Dead Space 2 in stock, despite their stupid website claiming the Sears I've visited did have it and the one where I found it didn't, and after scanning them both version were $39.99

Yep, deals dead was only for last week but if your lucky enough to find 1 used at BB grab the @gamer coupon 50% off & get it for the same price. Best option at this point unless amazon matches a old deal.

Sorry to those who missed the deal I wish I had made the delivery there earlier so I could've posted the deal ASAP before stock was limited, online was in-stock and/or avail for price matching.

Don't think this info will actually help but...Picked up the LE PS3 version at one Sears, then realized I wanted the 360 version since I don't have Move and prefer the 360 controller and have the Turtle headset. Anyway, went to another Sears to exchange for the 360 one and because the confirmation printout, nor the pick up receipt had the price on it, they looked up my info on the computer that looked 50 years old (were there even computers then?) The computer said I paid $17.99 for the PS3 which I didn't--saw my payment online, and I'd have to pay the $2.00 difference for the exchange. It took 5-10 solid minutes of me arguing to do an even swap.

I'm only mentioning this in case anyone was also thinking of doing an exchange for whatever reason. Sears is not exactly known for their customer service.

BTW, this was yesterday, not Saturday. So some places seem to still have it listed as $20.

I managed to get 4 copies at one of my Sears stores. 2 PS3 and 2 360.

Kept a 360 copy, flipped the other 3 at best buy and sold the used copy I had from GS to another Best Buy.

Also picked up 3 copes of Patapon 2, the downloadable code in the PSP case for 0.97 each and flipped at BB for 3 bucks a piece.

All thanks to this thread.

[quote name='hustletron']I managed to get 4 copies at one of my Sears stores. 2 PS3 and 2 360.

Kept a 360 copy, flipped the other 3 at best buy and sold the used copy I had from GS to another Best Buy.

Also picked up 3 copes of Patapon 2, the downloadable code in the PSP case for 0.97 each and flipped at BB for 3 bucks a piece.

All thanks to this thread.[/QUOTE]

Good for you, flipping is awesome :applause:

bread's done
Back