[DEAD] 50% off Select Media Blasters Releases (Anime / Live-Action) @ BestBuy.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
50% off Select Media Blasters Titles @ BestBuy.com

Discount taken off from BestBuy.com's listed price. 755 eligible titles including anime & live-action. If the link fails try this and click on link that says 50% off. Expiration Date: End of the Week? (12/26)

MB Sale @ BestBuy.com - Possible Sales Sampling...(Product Availability May Vary After This Posting)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rayearth and Twelve Kingdoms here. I wanted to get the Ikkitousen stuff... but I'll wait til a set is out. I prefer boxes.

[quote name='B:L']Yeah, I agree with Kirin. Skip Princesss Princess and go with OtoBoku instead.[/QUOTE]

Better still, avoid both. Like the plague.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I'm gabbing berserk. How is Samurai Deeper Kyo?[/QUOTE]

No, no, no. Do not buy Samurai Deeper Kyo. It's not good. It has boring and unlikable characters in a boring and predictable story.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I'm gabbing berserk. How is Samurai Deeper Kyo?[/QUOTE]

For like the tenth time now, Samurai Deeper Kyo sucks. Hard.

[quote name='Chronis']OMG, GUYZ THEY HAVE THE ONECHANBARA MOVIE! Ive got to buy it! :D[/QUOTE]

I so wanted that... but I think a sequel is out, waiting til both have R1 releases

Thinking of getting these

Lone Wolf & Cub: Collection 1 (6pc) - Subtitle - DVD
Rurouni Kenshin TV: Season 1 Economy Box [6 Discs] - DVD
Gaogaigar: King of Braves - Premium Box Collection, Vols. 1-5 [5 Discs] - DVD
Giant Robo: Complete (4 Disc) - Dubbed - DVD

Gaogaigar is the only one I'm iffy about. I know it's a cookie cutter mecha battle show but I heard it getsd better towards the end... and that theme is awesome. Anyone seen it?

Oh and I have the 1st and 2nd parts to 12 kingdoms, any reason I should pick up the complete collection or is it just a thinner pack?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']... Srsly?[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought too. Everything else on the list was top notch, but Midori Hibi?

But these prices are so good I don't think I can hold out not buying anything....

Excellent deals. Finally picked up Berserk (oddly enough, have owned and enjoyed the Dreamcast game since it first released but never bit on the anime), and Goldenboy. Managed to this date to avoid watching both while waiting for DVD deals just like this one. Though I know in general what I'm in for with Berserk.

Edit: knocked it down to only these two, gotta start reigning in spending on anime deals, so many recently...

[quote name='MrBrando']Gaogaigar is the only one I'm iffy about. I know it's a cookie cutter mecha battle show but I heard it getsd better towards the end... and that theme is awesome. Anyone seen it?

Oh and I have the 1st and 2nd parts to 12 kingdoms, any reason I should pick up the complete collection or is it just a thinner pack?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of Gaogaigar for the simple fact that there's no real substance to it. If you love watching giant robots battle each other, you'll probably like it, but don't expect anything beyond that.

And no, if you have the previous Twelve Kingdoms set, you don't need the complete collection. Exact same discs, new packaging.

[quote name='elessar123']That's what I thought too. Everything else on the list was top notch, but Midori Hibi?

But these prices are so good I don't think I can hold out not buying anything....[/QUOTE]

I know, I know, I thought I'd hate the show too, but I couldn't help but check out the first episode based on the bizarre premise alone. To my surprise, it wasn't that bad, and I ended up watching the whole thing. Plus, look at this crazy intro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLre-RClLJY&feature=related

[quote name='georox']I so wanted that... but I think a sequel is out, waiting til both have R1 releases[/QUOTE]

Apparantly the sequel doesn't follow the follow the continuity of the first. And it's overall worse, a which is probably why it was a straight to DVD movie instead of a theatrical film like the first. Then again, is anyone expecting greatness from these? :lol:

Anyway guys, any opinions on Ramen Fighter Miki and well.... anything? We all know kirin's only going to recommend his top tier stuff, but what about the "it's fun but it's not great" stuffs?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I know, I know, I thought I'd hate the show too, but I couldn't help but check out the first episode based on the bizarre premise alone. To my surprise, it wasn't that bad, and I ended up watching the whole thing. Plus, look at this crazy intro![/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong either. I saw the first episode. It was ok, but it's out of place to recommend it so strongly, sitting there with all your other picks.

*edit* Tweeny Witches is expensive in respect to this sale at $45 and $7.50 for the OAV, lol.

[quote name='elessar123']*edit* Tweeny Witches is expensive in respect to this sale at $45 and $7.50 for the OAV, lol.[/QUOTE]

The $45 set includes the OVA, but you can actually purchase all four singles, with the box, for $32.50.... plus $4 for shipping, and tax. Meh.

Oh yeah, wanted to mention this, too. According to pretty much every single review I've come across, Figure 17 is fantastic. I haven't seen it, myself, but that might be worth picking up for some of you.

[quote name='Chronis']Apparantly the sequel doesn't follow the follow the continuity of the first. And it's overall worse, a which is probably why it was a straight to DVD movie instead of a theatrical film like the first. Then again, is anyone expecting greatness from these? :lol:

[/QUOTE]

It's Onechanbara, I can care less if it's good or follows a plot. Do you think I beat EDF 2017 for a story or plot? Do you think I beat it on every difficulty because of that? Hell no.

[quote name='Chronis']Apparantly the sequel doesn't follow the follow the continuity of the first. And it's overall worse, a which is probably why it was a straight to DVD movie instead of a theatrical film like the first. Then again, is anyone expecting greatness from these? :lol:

Anyway guys, any opinions on Ramen Fighter Miki and well.... anything? We all know kirin's only going to recommend his top tier stuff, but what about the "it's fun but it's not great" stuffs?[/QUOTE]

Onechanbara is exactly what you would expect. A cheesy zombie flick with chicks in crazy outfits fighting. I enjoyed it probably because I went in with that mindset. :)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The $45 set includes the OVA, but you can actually purchase all four singles, with the box, for $32.50.... plus $4 for shipping, and tax. Meh.

Oh yeah, wanted to mention this, too. According to pretty much every single review I've come across, Figure 17 is fantastic. I haven't seen it, myself, but that might be worth picking up for some of you.[/QUOTE]

There's only 4 singles? Guess I should go with that then. Not really interested in it, but gf's been wanting it. Same with Dokuro....

*edit* I'm confused on the Tweeny Witches. Are the DVD episodes not the original 9 minute episodes, but ~27ish minute episodes?

[quote name='G-Nitro']Onechanbara is exactly what you would expect. A cheesy zombie flick with chicks in crazy outfits fighting. I enjoyed it probably because I went in with that mindset. :)[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='MrBrando']Thinking of getting these

Lone Wolf & Cub: Collection 1 (6pc) - Subtitle - DVD
Rurouni Kenshin TV: Season 1 Economy Box [6 Discs] - DVD
Gaogaigar: King of Braves - Premium Box Collection, Vols. 1-5 [5 Discs] - DVD
Giant Robo: Complete (4 Disc) - Dubbed - DVD

Gaogaigar is the only one I'm iffy about. I know it's a cookie cutter mecha battle show but I heard it getsd better towards the end... and that theme is awesome. Anyone seen it?

Oh and I have the 1st and 2nd parts to 12 kingdoms, any reason I should pick up the complete collection or is it just a thinner pack?[/QUOTE]

Gaogaigar is one of the best mecha series ever,

[quote name='elessar123']There's only 4 singles? Guess I should go with that then. Not really interested in it, but gf's been wanting it. Same with Dokuro....

*edit* I'm confused on the Tweeny Witches. Are the DVD episodes not the original 9 minute episodes, but ~27ish minute episodes?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what they did for the DVD release, but the series consists of 40 8-9 minute episodes. Maybe they combined them?

Man, I wanted to like Tweeny Witches so bad, but it has so many distracting little flaws that snowballed into big ones. The direction and editing is some of the worst I've ever seen...

Anyone have any thoughts about Gunparade March? Heard it's boring, but I'm somewhat into that type of story.

And Seven of Seven or whatever it's called in English; picked up vol. 1 of the manga many many years ago, and it was decent.

And Kurogane Communication.

*edit* It's 0.99 cents per item + tax, boooooo =P

[quote name='MrBrando']Lone Wolf & Cub: Collection 1 (6pc) - Subtitle - DVD
[/QUOTE]

just make sure you pick up volume 4,5 & 6 which is the last half of season 1

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']As far as I know, they're the exact same thing, likely with very minor differences in cover art. Get the cheaper one. I can guarantee you that the disc contents are the exact same.[/QUOTE]
I have updated most of the on-sale anime boxset releases on the first post. Most of them should note the packaging. For this series...different packaging and exterior artwork. No difference in disc content. MB don't change up the discs unless it was mentioned it was "remastered."

Anyone tried to see if these prices were the same in store?

I tried ringing up Simoun: Complete Collection but it was full price.

[quote name='Mako1215']Anyone know where I can get a complete listing of all anime on blu?[/QUOTE]
Check sites such as AnimeOnDVD @ Mania.com and AsianBlurayGuide.com.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']- For the Princes Princess Collection, One is 1:75:1 for 7.50, the other is 1:85:1 (Wide Screen Enhanced) for 10.00. Is the 2.50 worth it? I'm just wondering what the difference is between 1:75 and 1:85.[/QUOTE]
The only difference for the Princess Princess releases is the packaging. The older release is singles housed inside a paper artbox. The more recent release is supposed to be a LiteBox release. No difference disc content wise.

[quote name='MrBrando']Oh and I have the 1st and 2nd parts to 12 kingdoms, any reason I should pick up the complete collection or is it just a thinner pack?[/QUOTE]
I don't see any reasons to double dip. That is unless MB goes thorough with a BD release (John Sirabella has mentioned that they are looking into the HD side of things for this series). It remains to be seen if anything will materialize from this.

The complete collection releases is 2 LiteBoxes (one per part/season) housed inside a paper artbox.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon'][quote name='elessar123']*edit* I'm confused on the Tweeny Witches. Are the DVD episodes not the original 9 minute episodes, but ~27ish minute episodes?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what they did for the DVD release, but the series consists of 40 8-9 minute episodes. Maybe they combined them?[/QUOTE]
It was combined. It's listed for the first three volumes as 20 episodes.

Can someone provide a link to the Onechanbara movie? My search only brings up the games.

I've gotta get those Golion sets - Japanese Voltron rocks! Too bad they only offer 2 of the 3 sets.

[quote name='wormraper']Kirin will hate me for it but I picked up Samurai Deeper Kyo[/QUOTE]

Actually, you should hate yourself. I have no pity for you after that idiotic mistake.

[quote name='Razzuel']Actually, you should hate yourself. I have no pity for you after that idiotic mistake.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. But yeah, that about sums it up.

[quote name='Razzuel']Actually, you should hate yourself. I have no pity for you after that idiotic mistake.[/QUOTE]

lol, not a mistake for me. I actually liked the series when I watched it a few years ago

my animes are still in my cart. I just can't seem to hit the checkout button after relizing that the majority that I want are slim boxes which I perfer the regular dvd cases with extras in them. these prices are really good, but can't bare owning slims. someone just hit me for my preferences

Most of those slims will have the extras. Only ADV is really known for stripping the extra's out of their slim packs. Beserk for instance has all the extras on the dvds.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']
Oh yeah, wanted to mention this, too. According to pretty much every single review I've come across, Figure 17 is fantastic. I haven't seen it, myself, but that might be worth picking up for some of you.[/QUOTE]

Figure 17 is indeed fantastic. I definitely reccomend it.

I'm very tempted to get Beserk and Goldenboy, especially at those prices- but, it all depends on payday first. I have a lot of anime decisions to make later this week...

I liked Midori Days- it's worth at least renting just to see how a show can take such a crazy premise (guy's right hand turns into young girl with crush on him)- and then pretty much play it off as an enjoyable, but standard romantic comedy instead of... well, you see where that could've gone. The english VAs did, if the outtakes are any indication. :lol:

[quote name='WTK']Check sites such as AnimeOnDVD @ Mania.com and AsianBlurayGuide.com.[/QUOTE]

thanks, going to bookmark those sites for future reference.

[quote name='WTK']Was it this?[/QUOTE]

Ah, snap! I didn't know there a movie! I love the Wii game (a guilty pleasure I admit) and I bought the Xbox360 game from Walmart.com (about $15, a 2 games for $30 deal) so the movie is a no brainer. Thanks :D

bread's done
Back