[DEAD] 50% off Select Media Blasters Releases (Anime / Live-Action) @ BestBuy.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
50% off Select Media Blasters Titles @ BestBuy.com

Discount taken off from BestBuy.com's listed price. 755 eligible titles including anime & live-action. If the link fails try this and click on link that says 50% off. Expiration Date: End of the Week? (12/26)

MB Sale @ BestBuy.com - Possible Sales Sampling...(Product Availability May Vary After This Posting)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Alien Spider']Um I guess the 99 cent shipping is over now? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm trying to figure this out myself. Did anyone post the coupon code or anything?

[quote name='GuardianE']Yeah, I'm trying to figure this out myself. Did anyone post the coupon code or anything?[/QUOTE]

There was no coupon code. The shipping promotion ended.

Meant to mention this...for those who are interested in picking up Moribito singles.

It has been reported that Best Buy (B&M) has Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, Vol.7 & Vol.8 + Designer Artbox. It's regularly priced @ $24.99.

If I buy Tweeny Witches Vol 1-3 plus the OVA is that the complete series? If so I will be picking that up. Since all my Christmas Shopping is all done I can use the rest of the money I have what little is left to buy it.

This may not be the place, but I searched the list on the website..

Are any Studio Ghibli movies on that list?
If not, are there any deals available for any Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films?

[quote name='GogetaSS4']If I buy Tweeny Witches Vol 1-3 plus the OVA
is that the complete series?[/QUOTE]
Yes it does. However, it's cheaper to buy the singles separately with or without the artbox (though I haven't checked on this would affect the S/H).

[quote name='Freedom Fries']This may not be the place, but I searched the list on the website..

Are any Studio Ghibli movies on that list?
If not, are there any deals available for any Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films?[/QUOTE]
You more or less answered your own question. Media Blaster is not Ghibli / Disney / Buena Vista Home Ent. They rarely have good sales. There were a month (or so) sale when Ponyo was being shown in theateres. The next sale may not happen until Pony gets released here which is 3/2/2010 (and that is if they want to do a cross promo).

[quote name='WTK'][quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder when the sale is OVER ?[/QUOTE]
It may end on Saturday (12/19).[/QUOTE]
It looks like the sale is still ongoing. I would say it will likely go for another week since it hasn't been taken down yet.

Weird. I thought for sure Saturday would be the last day, so I snuck in my orders with my Reward Zone certs that luckily showed up just in time (and Reward Zone silver!)

This is what I bought:
Zombi 2 (that amazing looking Zombie movie that a previous poster brought to my attention, thank you!)
Teknoman: Complete Series (saw the word space crab and had to buy it especially since it was 7.00 for six discs of anime)
Ah My Goddess season 1
Golden Boy
Midori Days (Bad or not, the concept is bizarre and I'll try it)
Twelve Kingdoms

I still have some Christmas gift cards to blow, so if there's something important from that list missing that I should own, let me know (I'll say I already got Berserk though)

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']
I still have some Christmas gift cards to blow, so if there's something important from that list missing that I should own, let me know (I'll say I already got Berserk though)[/QUOTE]

in alphabetical order

Live Action

2019 - Mad Max, Italian Mondo style. One of Sergio Martino's best films (which admittingly isn't saying much). It's low grade schlock (with a decent budget) and it knows that what itself is. It's interesting to watch at least once

Frankenstein Conquers The World - far and away one of the oddest kaiju films of all-time. Flat out, the film isn't that great but it's a lot of fun to watch

Jungle Horrors Triple Feature - only film in it worth owning is Jungle Holocaust and it's worth owning. Though it's a step below Cannibal Holocaust, its still one nasty flick. One of the best films from the Italian mondo cannibal phase of the early 70's

Lone Wolf & Cub - doesn't have the blood sprays like the films but its some of the best chambara out there. The Collection has the first 3 volumes in it and the 4th 5th and 6th volumes are seprate as of now. That contains the first season (it was 3 seasons in total)

Matango - a lesser known flick from the creator of Godzilla which is a shame, flick is one bad ass acid trip. Some of Tsuburaya's best Toho work. I would grab the Toho Three pack though, you get a crappy box but Varan and The Mysterians are worth the extra $4.

Scrap Heaven - kinda slow but a really good drama

The Neighbor No. 13 - Really cool, really dark psychopath flick

We're Going To Eat You - Tsui Hark's second film and one of his best.

Zatoichi - It's hit or miss but even when it misses, it's still pretty good. It's a classic character for a reason

Anime

Blade Of The Immortal - only the first two volumes are out (third one out at the end of January) but so far it does a really good job condensing the the comic down to 13 episodes.

Voltron - Good prices on a classic series

Last edited by a moderator:
o_O Yeah seriously, how is this still going on? Unless BB straight up forgot Media blasters exists and didn't end it when they were supposed to...

[quote name='Chronis']o_O Yeah seriously, how is this still going on? Unless BB straight up forgot Media blasters exists and didn't end it when they were supposed to...[/QUOTE]

the link in the OP doesn't work but all of the dvds are still on sale. It's kinda odd

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I've watched half of LoveLess, and I don't like it :/
It creeps me out that a college guy would touch a sixth grader like that.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the reason why I am really picky with the anime I watch or buy. Some of it is awfully disturbing. I don't really get the fan service thing -- it's sort of creepy sometimes.

I was happy to pick up AMG from BB -- one of the stores near me had it in-stock :) Aside from this and a few others (and of course Miyazaki), I generally stay away from other titles.

[quote name='romeogbs19']This is exactly the reason why I am really picky with the anime I watch or buy. Some of it is awfully disturbing. I don't really get the fan service thing -- it's sort of creepy sometimes.

I was happy to pick up AMG from BB -- one of the stores near me had it in-stock :) Aside from this and a few others (and of course Miyazaki), I generally stay away from other titles.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, someone recommend it and I went with it. Plus some people I asked said it was okay. I'm also not into "fan-service" or any kind.

I want to buy Genshiken 2, but I am not sure which product listing is volume three.

This listing has the corrected release date of volume three, so I am pretty confident that this is volume three. It also has the correct title for what volume three would be.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Genshik...60119&skuId=18265978&st=Genshiken 2&lp=1&cp=1

This next volume is cheaper and it has volume three's box art as its product image. However, the product title states that this is volume two.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Genshik...048639&skuId=9633437&st=Genshiken 2&lp=3&cp=1

I would like to buy the cheaper one, but I don't want to have a problem where they send me volume two instead, because of their own product listing issue. Does anyone have any input on this matter? Any help or advice will be appreciated.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I've watched half of LoveLess, and I don't like it :/
It creeps me out that a college guy would touch a sixth grader like that.[/QUOTE]

watch Koi Kaze :p

picked up Twelve kingdoms using in-store pickup and orderd Magic Knight Rayearth Seasons 1 and 2 from them as well (hope they actually go through being that they say backordered)

[quote name='Razzuel']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Genshik...60119&skuId=18265978&st=Genshiken 2&lp=1&cp=1[/QUOTE]
This was the listing for Vol.3 w/artbox. This release has been canceled.
This should be the Vol.3 listing. The release date though has been pushed back to mid-January (1/15).

And if you haven't purchased any of the Genshiken 2 singles, I would wait for the boxset. The Premium Boxset w/T-Shirt (SRP: $69.99) is set for a 3/16/10 release. Otherwise the artbox is sold separately as well (SRP: $19.99 w/T-Shirt) to be released on 3/16/10 as well.

[quote name='WTK']This was the listing for Vol.3 w/artbox. This release has been canceled.
This should be the Vol.3 listing. The release date though has been pushed back to mid-January (1/15).

And if you haven't purchased any of the Genshiken 2 singles, I would wait for the boxset. The Premium Boxset w/T-Shirt (SRP: $69.99) is set for a 3/16/10 release. Otherwise the artbox is sold separately as well (SRP: $19.99 w/T-Shirt) to be released on 3/16/10 as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you are right. If I waited and bought the Premium Boxset from Right Stuf, then it would be cheaper than buying everything separate from Best Buy, since I have a Got Anime membership. Thanks for the help!

[quote name='Chronis']So is there any hope for backordered stuff to get shipped?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and you should try to be patient. My Moribito volumes five and six were backordered until last Thursday. Best Buy shipped them last Thursday, and I should be receiving them this Thursday.

They wouldn't let you buy the product if they were unable to fulfill your order. Some of these items may even be on order from manufacturer, which could be one possibility for the cause of these backorders and delays.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yes, and you should try to be patient. My Moribito volumes five and six were backordered until last Thursday. Best Buy shipped them last Thursday, and I should be receiving them this Thursday.

They wouldn't let you buy the product if they were unable to fulfill your order. Some of these items may even be on order from manufacturer, which could be one possibility for the cause of these backorders and delays.[/QUOTE]

I've had Gurren Lagann set 3 on backorder from deepdiscount going on four months now... So I hope you're only speaking of Best Buy when you say that.

[quote name='Shinpachi']I've had Gurren Lagann set 3 on backorder from deepdiscount going on four months now... So I hope you're only speaking of Best Buy when you say that.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was only speaking of Best Buy. Not only was the pronoun that I used referring to Best Buy in the previous sentence, but this is the thread about Best Buy's Media Blasters sale.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yes, I was only speaking of Best Buy. Not only was the pronoun that I used referring to Best Buy in the previous sentence, but this is the thread about Best Buy's Media Blasters sale.[/QUOTE]

Well, who am I to know if Best Buy is always on the ball when it comes to not taking orders for discontinued printings, or if Media Blasters ever discontinues printing anything? All I know is that I've got three things backordered from this sale for about three weeks now, and by no means should these series have been in very high demand compared to things like Moribito that are expected to sell out. (aside from Goldenboy, which everyone should've bought)

[quote name='Shinpachi']Well, who am I to know if Best Buy is always on the ball when it comes to not taking orders for discontinued printings, or if Media Blasters ever discontinues printing anything? All I know is that I've got three things backordered from this sale for about three weeks now, and by no means should these series have been in very high demand compared to things like Moribito that are expected to sell out. (aside from Goldenboy, which everyone should've bought)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know how you feel. I have some things on backorder as well, and I would like to receive them as soon as possible. Regarding Media Blasters, it seems that their products are never discontinued and they never go down in price. The only reason we might not see our orders fulfilled is if these products actually are discontinued.

Speaking of order fulfillment, I just got an email from Best Buy stating that they would cancel my backorders in five days if they have still not shipped out. They said that I can extend my backorders if I contact customer service, so I just sent them an email asking for that very thing. I'll let you guys know what happens as soon as I get more information.

I remember buying Last Exile (old school set) from them about 3 years ago by using the kiosk trick. It was backordered and I had to wait like 5 months to get it. But I eventually got it.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah, you are right. If I waited and bought the Premium Boxset from Right Stuf, then it would be cheaper than buying everything separate from Best Buy, since I have a Got Anime membership. Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]
I hate to bump a dead thread, but this is worth mentioning for those were looking into Genshiken 2.

DVDPacific.com currently [at least for now] has mis-priced the Premium boxset with no T-Shirt for $18.77 (and S/H). The current retail price should be $59.99 and not $29.95. DVD Pacific typically honors price mistakes in the past...

[quote name='WTK']I hate to bump a dead thread, but this is worth mentioning for those were looking into Genshiken 2.

DVDPacific.com currently [at least for now] has mis-priced the Premium boxset with no T-Shirt for $18.77 (and S/H). The current retail price should be $59.99 and not $29.95. DVD Pacific typically honors price mistakes in the past...

[/QUOTE]

That's a great price, unfortunately all I need now is the t-shirt as I have the dvds.

Everything shipped-- I had to extend the Goldenboy and 12 Kingdoms orders, but luckily those were just fulfilled and shipped this week. Good job Best Buy, good job.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Everything shipped-- I had to extend the Goldenboy and 12 Kingdoms orders, but luckily those were just fulfilled and shipped this week. Good job Best Buy, good job.[/QUOTE]

What the hell? I tried extending my orders and Best Buy still canceled my backordered stuff. Oh well, it's too late now.

I got the stuff that I ordered a few days ago as well, even though I got in rather late and all of it was backordered. All I need now is for the stuff I pre-ordered to get to me. :)

[quote name='WTK']I hate to bump a dead thread, but this is worth mentioning for those were looking into Genshiken 2.

[/QUOTE]Thanks for posting about this. Placed an order and hopefully they honor it. Shipping is steep, though. Still an awesome deal.

My backordered stuff got cancelled. Even if they didn't, the website is still showing them backordered. Which means....

[quote name='Chronis']So if BB doesn't fufill my orders, IT'LL BE YOUR HEAD, RAZZ!!!![/QUOTE]

Anybody have a guillotine?

I dealt with a less than enthusiastic woman on the phone to get my backorders extended, and got Goldenboy and Green Green fulfilled this week (I'd forgotten how absolutely hilarious Goldenboy was), though I'm still waiting on Step-Up Love Story. Good find on the Genshiken 2, though personally I didn't like it.

[quote name='Chronis']Anybody have a guillotine?[/QUOTE]

Uh.

[quote name='Shinpachi']I dealt with a less than enthusiastic woman on the phone to get my backorders extended, and got Goldenboy and Green Green fulfilled this week (I'd forgotten how absolutely hilarious Goldenboy was), though I'm still waiting on Step-Up Love Story. Good find on the Genshiken 2, though personally I didn't like it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. I didn't put in the effort to call customer service. I emailed Best Buy through their website customer service thingy. I guess I should of called instead, but oh well.

Anyone have any luck getting any stuff that is out of stock? I have Rurouni Kenshin season 1 & 3 in backorder for like a month already.

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']Anyone have any luck getting any stuff that is out of stock? I have Rurouni Kenshin season 1 & 3 in backorder for like a month already.[/QUOTE]

got my Lone Wolf & Cub volumes 5 & 6 about a week back

Maybe you should call and ask them to replace the order. I dunno, I've had to extend my backorders a few times and I've never had an issue. I call in, they do it, I get a confirmation email saying when it's extended until and that's that.

bread's done
Back