(DEAD) Battle Royale 4-Disc Blu-ray Collection - $17.99 at Family Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Familyvideo.com has the upcoming 4-Disc Battle Royale Collection for $17.99, which beats the $19.99 price Amazon had for it. This set includes both the Theatrical and Director's Cut of BR, plus the sequel and a special features DVD all in a Book style packaging (similar to the SW: Complete saga packaging).

Apply the code SHAMROCK and shipping is free. Shipping is $1.99

https://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=397059

They also have the single disc edition with just the Director's cut fr $12.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the delayed club now too. I was hoping to spend my day off tomorrow having a Battle Royale marathon, but alas, looks like that'll be put off.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I'm in the delayed club now too. I was hoping to spend my day off tomorrow having a Battle Royale marathon, but alas, looks like that'll be put off.[/QUOTE]

Buy it at Best Buy, save the receipt, and return the copy you get from Family Video once it comes in... you could literally be watching it RIGHT NOW.

Also, this is not fraud so let's not go there, would be forum mods.

[quote name='zenintrude']Buy it at Best Buy, save the receipt, and return the copy you get from Family Video once it comes in... you could literally be watching it RIGHT NOW.

Also, this is not fraud so let's not go there, would be forum mods.[/QUOTE]

The nearest Best Buy is a bit too far away at this point, and it's not a huge deal. I'm just trying to get my roommate to watch it before he goes and sees The Hunger Games, but it's not a problem.

Plus, if it was detrimental, I'd just bust this out.... Tiny E-peen waving:

IMG_20120203_142143.jpg

Sucks about people getting the delay email. Hope you guys aren't waiting too long. I wish I could track my order unless I'm just confused with Familyvideo's layout. New to them.

[quote name='zenintrude']Buy it at Best Buy, save the receipt, and return the copy you get from Family Video once it comes in... you could literally be watching it RIGHT NOW.

Also, this is not fraud so let's not go there, would be forum mods.[/QUOTE]

That is if you can find a BB that even carries it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Battle+Royale%3A+The+Complete+Collection+%5B4+Discs+/+Blu-ray/DVD%5D+-+Blu-ray+Disc/19832884.p?id=2363093&skuId=19832884&st=Battle%20Royale&lp=5&cp=1

Store Pickup: Not Available

I was so mad when I went in Tues and it wasn't there. I mean common BB who could you not carry this title? Laziness....

I called Family Video and the rep said they expect them to ship out Wednesday or Thursday of next week, then I believe the site says 5-7 days shipping, I cancelled the order and placed my order again through Amazon. Seems a little too long just too save around $12 bucks. Hopefully the guy is wrong and they get them in sooner for those of you waiting.

[quote name='lessontohighest']I called Family Video and the rep said they expect them to ship out Wednesday or Thursday of next week, then I believe the site says 5-7 days shipping, I cancelled the order and placed my order again through Amazon. Seems a little too long just too save around $12 bucks. Hopefully the guy is wrong and they get them in sooner for those of you waiting.[/QUOTE]

Really? I'd wait at least 2 months to save $12 on something. Do you need to watch it so badly that you just couldn't wait a week? Guess not..

[quote name='lessontohighest']Seems a little too long just too save around $12 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I think you're on the wrong site...

Yeah, I guess you two are right I just was looking forward to it for so long I ended up canceling, I should have waited lesson learned (I hope).

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's a book style packaging which people either love or hate.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the fact that they include a clear plastic slipcover for the book. Nothing is more annoying than a fancy book packaging without a way to properly close & protect it. Star Wars:Clone Wars S1&2 come to mind.

A new standard sexiness to this style of book packaging is the new slippery-snug cardboard sleeves they recently switched to. Old style books used to potentially scratch up the DVDs.

I think the newer book-style packaging is very nice, and the sleeve is great too. Watched it again tonight for the third time and it's still just as awesome.

[quote name='exaznkid']damn this is a nice deal, any chance they might sell these instore?[/QUOTE]

I saw it at my local Hastings video store on release day. The price was not $17.99 though.

M

[quote name='Guerrilla']My copy just arrived in a thin plastic mailer, but it was in perfect condition. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Same here (well, it showed up last night).

[quote name='Irukandji']Ordered mine over a week ago and it's still in limbo. :/[/QUOTE]

My order email says "Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM" and I'm still waiting... no idea how they're ordering their fulfillments.

I ordered on march 19, no word yet of it shipping. I am not in a huge rush, but I will be excited when I get it.

[quote name='Irukandji']Ordered mine over a week ago and it's still in limbo. :/[/QUOTE]

Is that what In Fulfillment means?

My first experience with them was a nightmare. They did make it right, but I swore to never deal with them again. That was nearly a year ago and it looks like they still can't get their shipping right.

Just received an email stating my order has been shipped as well. Only nine days "late" on shipping, but receiving the Blu-ray collection for $20 shipped was worth the wait.

[quote name='MotzCTG']hmmmm still no ship email for me, but i just check the website and it looks like it shipped. YAY![/QUOTE]

Mine shipped today as well, found out via website because I didn't seem to get an email...

However, when I checked my GMail spam folder, the shipping email was there so keep an eye out.

[quote name='zenintrude']Mine shipped today as well, found out via website because I didn't seem to get an email...

However, when I checked my GMail spam folder, the shipping email was there so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. Odd that Gmail singled that out as spam since they send me at emails all the time that go through fine. Oh well, it shipped that's all that matters.

Uh oh, bad news guys. It looks like Family Video may be shipping out recent copies in Amaray cases. The book style was apparently a limited run and the plastic case version has shown up recently in some FYE stores.

This is what it looks like:

zjvwqs.jpg

10ns09t.jpg

66jex5.jpg

(courtesy of BeWaterMyFriend at Blu-ray.com)

This news should appeal to digibook haters, but for most of us this is really upsetting. The book style will probably be high in demand soon too since it's being replaced so quickly

Ordered on the 18th and finally got my ship notice this morning. I'm gonna flip out if I get that cruddy non-book packaging. I didn't pre-order some stinking Amaray case.

Argggg I hope I get the digibook, this is the only digibook that looked cool. Mine shipped yesterday it looks like!

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Don't mean to rub it in, but got my copy in today. Hopefully for the people who's copy shipped get them today too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kilger']I also got my copy in today, so if yours shipped you should be getting it soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bmachine']Ordered mine on the 19th and it was in my mailbox on the 22nd. Not bad.

It's super sexy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bardockkun']Got mine in today. Jesus the packaging is great.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Guerrilla']My copy just arrived in a thin plastic mailer, but it was in perfect condition. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rig']Same here (well, it showed up last night).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheBomb69']Got mine yesterday. Will re-watch before seeing The Hunger Games.[/QUOTE]

So who got a digibook and who got an Amaray case?

I went to my local Family Video after work Monday. Got it ordered through the store to send to my house. I'm not too worried about the packaging. On their site it says in the description, "Battle Royale: The Complete Collection’s three disc set in collectible high-end packaging," so anyone who gets the Amaray version has a clear case to complain with. Snap those screenshots now, guys. :)

[quote name='SKEETER']So who got a digibook and who got an Amaray case?[/QUOTE]
I Got the succexy (so succexy) book case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back