[DEAD] BB RZ Coupon - 30% off Blu-ray Movie $34.99 & under [11/5/10 - 11/14/10]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Valid 11/5/10–11/14/10 for Reward Zone® program Regular & Premier Silver members only in Best Buy® stores

PROMOTIONAL - 30% off regular priced Blu-ray Movie $34.99 & under

Premier Silver Member: Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1242461

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/premier-1242461.html

Regular Member: Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1242489

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/core-1242489.html

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid with any other coupons or offers. Only available on Blu-ray formats. Excludes Avatar on Blu-ray. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Limit of 3 items per coupon. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 11/5/10–11/14/10. JS2

Cashier Instructions: Enter coupon UPC. Scan all product(s) being sold. Press "Total."

BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design, BESTBUY.COM, REWARD ZONE and MAGNOLIA HOME THEATER are trademarks of BBY Solutions, Inc. All other trademarks or trade names are properties of their respective owners. BBY1110006-1 © 2010 Best Buy. All Rights Reserved.

More Coupons - http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/coupon-rz.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Coupon worked for me! Bought the new improved Gladiator blu-ray, which I've been meaning to get. Came out to $20.99 They put a yellow barcode on it now, guess to show that it's the fixed version.

[quote name='Knives05']Coupon worked for me! Bought the new improved Gladiator blu-ray, which I've been meaning to get. Came out to $20.99 They put a yellow barcode on it now, guess to show that it's the fixed version.[/QUOTE]
Yep they did the same yellow barcode thing with Saving Private Ryan so you can tell which is the corrected version.

Coupon worked for me when picking up Scott Pilgrim. Picked up the last copy at the Victor, NY location apparently.

It didn't work for me on Scott Pilgrim, but it did take 30% off Doctor Who season 5 so I didn't complain. I'll go back on Sunday and buy a new copy when it likely is no longer on sale and return it with today's receipt.

Tried today with Scott Pilgrim and Predators. Dude at the counter told me that the coupon wouldn't work because the items are on sale, which he said he had already tried earlier today.
I asked him if he could "humor me" and give it a shot. It took 30% off of Scott Pilgrim which was scanned second, so I put back Predators until next time.

Bought both Scott Pilgrim and Kick Ass blus with 30% coupon came out to about $30 bucks and change :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:.

It automatically took 30% for Scott Pilgrim - I had to remain the cashier to apply it on Kick Ass - which she did brought it down to $9.xx ;). Thanks CAG :applause: my wallet is a lot lighter today :lol:

Got to BB, tried getting Scott Pilgrim, Predators, and Ramona & Beezus. Coupon would only allow 1. Cashier said the coupon wasnt meant for items on sale but she'd let me have 1 anyways. Picked Scott Pilgrim for $21.

I was able to go back to customer service and get a $3 credit for the 'Spirit' Blu-ray that didn't get registered with the coupon. So $7 for it, and $14 for Predators, I felt that was a pretty good deal. I just pointed to the part where it said: limit 3 items.

I have used the code now for a total of 5 blu ray purchases over 3 different trips to the same store... I don't think it's keeping track of how many you use because mine are all linked to my reward zone card!

Worked with Scott Pilgrim today. Got the last copy. Will go back tomorrow to get Robin Hood. It would only work with 1 blu ray movie.

I bought Scott Pilgrim and TREMORS on the same receipt today, but I noticed it only gave the extra 30% on Scott Pilgraim,and not TREMORS. So I got SP for SP for $18.89, and TREMORS for just the "sale" price $14.99.
I noticed when cashier rand it up she rung up the movies, then scanned my card, then entered the code from the phone.. Not sure if it mattered or not?
So is the coupon only working with one movie per receipt?

[quote name='Sinistar']So is the coupon only working with one movie per receipt?[/QUOTE]

It can work for up to 3 but it has to be entered once for each movie. Easier to just do seperate transactions.

[quote name='mrosnwo']It can work for up to 3 but it has to be entered once for each movie. Easier to just do seperate transactions.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the heads up. :)

[quote name='skiizim']Damn, if I would have known I could get up three I would have picked up Grown Ups and Batman. ='([/QUOTE]

Just go back and do each one of separate transactions with 3 coupons.

I'm returning that superman/shazaam today. From what I have read a lot of people aren't happy that the main feature is like 30 mins and the rest of the "Extended" shorts are barely noticeable. I'll just wait until this reaches 14 or less....which I do see happening in the future.

Might pick up predators OR Scott Pilgrim.

Dammit, I didn't realize they have to enter the code once per movie. The clerk just entered it once, so I got a discount on one movie. Since I was paying in part with gift cards, I failed to do the basic math to double check what I should have been charged. Will head back and have customer service credit me the rest.

I was at BBY yesterday with this coupon and thought about picking something up, but I kept thinking to myself that Amazon is going to have better deals on everything I want on Thanksgiving/Black Friday, coupon or not... it also helps that there is no tax and free shipping with Prime.

[quote name='Transformah']I was at BBY yesterday with this coupon and thought about picking something up, but I kept thinking to myself that Amazon is going to have better deals on everything I want on Thanksgiving/Black Friday, coupon or not... it also helps that there is no tax and free shipping with Prime.[/QUOTE]

I have to say, I agree with this fully. The movies I'd use this on (Predators and Scott Pilgrim mainly) will no doubt drop to $15 or less over the next couple of months. I've already used the coupon on all the others that are on sale for $8, $10, $13, or $15 at Best Buy currently that I want.

$14 + tax for Predators and $19.xx + tax for Scott Pilgrim are just too much for what would be blind buys. I'm going to rent each of these when redbox gets 'em and just wait for a deal if I like them.

TIP 1:

In order to avoid having the cashier enter the Coupon for every single disc you buy, or from having to buy 1 disc per transaction...

Apparently, the 30% Coupon needs to be entered 1ST.

Just hand the 30% Coupon to him/her and have them enter it 1ST, then hand them over your discs for the cashier to scan (limit 3 per transaction) to save you time and hassle of having to buy them separately one-byone, and asking the cashier to keep re-entering the coupon per disc per transaction.

--------------------------

TIP 2:

For those of you using a MFG Coupon along with the 30% Coupon code...

Make sure you hand out the 30% Coupon 1ST, and then hand them the MFG Coupon 2ND.

This will save you more $.

First transaction when I tried to get Toy Story 3, it looked like this.

Starting Price = $19.99

- handed MFG Coupon
Price now = $11.99

- handed 30% Coupon
Price now = $8.39

But then the cashier's register locked up and we had to re-ring the transaction over again at a different register. But this time I did it the other way around:

Starting Price = $19.99

- handed 30% Coupon
Price now = $13.99

- handed MFG Coupon
Price now = $5.99

Saved a little over $2.40 not shabby!

If this was a higher priced disc like $29.99 it would save you a lot more!

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']TIP 1:

In order to avoid having the cashier enter the Coupon for every single disc you buy, or from having to buy 1 disc per transaction...

Just hand the 30% Coupon to him/her and have them enter it 1ST, then hand them over your discs for the cashier to scan (limit 3 per transaction) to save you time and hassle of having to buy them separately one-byone, and asking the cashier to keep re-entering the coupon per disc per transaction.

--------------------------

TIP 2:

For those of you using a MFG Coupon along with the 30% Coupon code...

Make sure you hand out the 30% Coupon 1ST, and then hand them the MFG Coupon 2ND.

This will save you more $.

First transaction when I tried to get Toy Story 3, it looked like this.

But then the cashier's register locked up and we had to re-ring the transaction over again at a different register. But this time I did it the other way around:

Saved a little over $2.40 not shabby!

If this was a higher priced disc like $29.99 it would save you a lot more!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for those tips

Holy shit is Scott Pilgrim hard to find! Day after release and sold out at 2 BBs near me. Luckily the first one I used the $20 off code for XBOX Live w/Joust, 29.99 total. Second store I grabbed Kick-Ass for $9.08+tax with code. No problems today at either, unlike Monday where the cashiers were clueless when I got Predators. Thought about getting another Live card while getting Kick-Ass but didn't want to press my luck confusing a cashier even more with 2 seperate codes on the same transaction. Will be out tomorrow or Friday to try for Scott Pilgrim at some different stores.

has anyone tried a price match and gotten the coupon to work as well??? I'm not asking everyone if a cashier will allow it but rather will the computer deduct the coupon from the price match????

I used the gift card coupon (that expires this week) already. If I use another one from another coupon book, will it know since it's recorded on my RZ account and I'll be denied?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I used the gift card coupon (that expires this week) already. If I use another one from another coupon book, will it know since it's recorded on my RZ account and I'll be denied?[/QUOTE]

no it won't. I've used the "text" one 7 times so far on the same account

I just bought GAMER, SAW 5, and SAW 6 with these coupon. I was so fucking pissed when they didn't took off 2 discounts on Mirror 2 and Predators because the $5 promo already applied. I told them to click NO for the $5 promo and YES on 30% coupon but it won't work because the $5 keep coming back, gah! I was going to buy Scott Pilgrim and Grown-Ups Combo Pack with Predators but they sold out of it. I might go to another Best Buy then.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I just bought GAMER, SAW 5, and SAW 6 with these coupon. I was so fucking pissed when they didn't took off 2 discounts on Mirror 2 and Predators because the $5 promo already applied. I told them to click NO for the $5 promo and YES on 30% coupon but it won't work because the $5 keep coming back, gah! I was going to buy Scott Pilgrim and Grown-Ups Combo Pack with Predators but they sold out of it. I might go to another Best Buy then.[/QUOTE]

just have them ring up Mirrors 2 or Predators on a different transaction

I got a cashier who cares. Took a good five minutes to get him to even enter in the SKU just to see if it would ring up, which of course it did. He had already rung up kick ass and scott pilgrim, so only SP was discounted. I asked if he would separate the transactions, and he said he would, but his manager would need to void the current transaction and most certainly would have not let me use the coupon. EAT A DICK GUY WHO CARES ABOUT HIS JOB. j/k, it would have been nice to save an extra few, but I can't complain.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Holy shit is Scott Pilgrim hard to find! Day after release and sold out at 2 BBs near me.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're right. I did a website search and there are NO Best Buys around me who have a copy in stock. Either this is the greatest-selling Blu-ray of all time or they understocked and only had a few copies per store. Or all the CAGs already bought up the copies using the 30% coupon.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Wow, you're right. I did a website search and there are NO Best Buys around me who have a copy in stock. Either this is the greatest-selling Blu-ray of all time or they understocked and only had a few copies per store. Or all the CAGs already bought up the copies using the 30% coupon.[/QUOTE]

probably a bit of the last 2. this movie may be awesome for us online geeks, but it BOMBED at the theater....very badly in fact. BB probably didn't get very many copies in because they order copies based on how well it did theatrically. And because of the coupon and word of mouth this is a hot item for the people who DID like it

Woo hoo, I just called my 2nd closest Best Buy. They're reserving Scott Pilgrim, Toy Story 3 Ironpack and V SteelBook for me. Will pick them up tomorrow with these coupon. I can't wait.

[quote name='Sinistar']I bought Scott Pilgrim and TREMORS on the same receipt today, but I noticed it only gave the extra 30% on Scott Pilgraim,and not TREMORS. So I got SP for SP for $18.89, and TREMORS for just the "sale" price $14.99.
I noticed when cashier rand it up she rung up the movies, then scanned my card, then entered the code from the phone.. Not sure if it mattered or not?
So is the coupon only working with one movie per receipt?[/QUOTE]

You need to enter the code once per movie.

wtf... my bb is also out of scott pilgrim blurays already..

any chance they will be restocking this before the coupon expires on Sunday???

I'm pretty sure most Best Buy locations are just withholding their stock of Scott Pilgrim Blu-rays until after the promotion ends. Something tells me their shelves will be flooded with them come this Sunday...

I already got my copy, but I checked BB's site to see if any in my area still had copies of Scott Pilgrim and it says everyone is sold out with the exception of the store next to my house.

Glad to hear it's selling out.

From every location of Target and BB I've looked into, it seems they are expecting more stock of Scott Pilgrim Blus tomorrow (Friday).

I'm so glad that people are finally watching this film and that it seems to be selling as well as it is.

[quote name='chuckywang']You need to enter the code once per movie.[/QUOTE]
Or tell the Cashier to enter the CODE first, then scan all your movies.

Worked for me and a couple others.
TIP 1:

Just hand the 30% Coupon to him/her and have them enter it 1ST, then hand them over your discs for the cashier to scan (limit 3 per transaction) to save you time and hassle of having to buy them separately one-by-one, and asking the cashier to keep re-entering the coupon per disc per transaction.

I agree. This movie deserved to make so much more at the box office. Honestly though, I think this movie was destined for cult status.

[quote name='jpmoney']From every location of Target and BB I've looked into, it seems they are expecting more stock of Scott Pilgrim Blus tomorrow (Friday).

I'm so glad that people are finally watching this film and that it seems to be selling as well as it is.[/QUOTE]

Scored "Scott Pilgrim" & "Grown UPS" today minus the 30% off each! Thanks CAG! Manager at BB told me that all stores did not get many copies hence selling out so quickly but expect to replenish by Sunday.

Was at Wal-Mart today as well and they had a ton of "SP" Blu-ray combo packs for $24.96 (YMMV)

Finally scored Scott Pilgrim today in Niles. Had about 8-10 copies left. I *might* be done with this coupon now with Black Friday looming in 2 weeks unless something pops up I'm not expecting.

Lucky me, I somehow managed to stumble across the last copy of Scott Pilgrim in the entire store, sitting randomly on a store display for Grown Ups.

bread's done
Back