[DEAD] BB RZ Coupon - 30% off Blu-ray Movie $34.99 & under [11/5/10 - 11/14/10]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Valid 11/5/10–11/14/10 for Reward Zone® program Regular & Premier Silver members only in Best Buy® stores

PROMOTIONAL - 30% off regular priced Blu-ray Movie $34.99 & under

Premier Silver Member: Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1242461

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/premier-1242461.html

Regular Member: Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1242489

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/core-1242489.html

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid with any other coupons or offers. Only available on Blu-ray formats. Excludes Avatar on Blu-ray. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Limit of 3 items per coupon. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 11/5/10–11/14/10. JS2

Cashier Instructions: Enter coupon UPC. Scan all product(s) being sold. Press "Total."

BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design, BESTBUY.COM, REWARD ZONE and MAGNOLIA HOME THEATER are trademarks of BBY Solutions, Inc. All other trademarks or trade names are properties of their respective owners. BBY1110006-1 © 2010 Best Buy. All Rights Reserved.

More Coupons - http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/coupon-rz.html

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks, Jodou...

I had forgotten this was even going on until I was on the way home today. Stopped in, got some young kid as a cashier, handed it to him in the order I wanted it rung and walked out with TS3 4 Disc Combo for $10.36 after tax. BB FTW!!! :)

Are there any other smoking sales deals to be had with this coupon???

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Are there any other smoking sales deals to be had with this coupon???[/QUOTE]Kick Ass 3-disc is ~$9 with the 30% coupon if you're into that.

[quote name='chuckywang']God, I really really this would work on The Pacific.[/QUOTE]
Just wait for BF and I'm sure someone will have it sub-$40.

You know what I didn't do? Pick up a copy of Mater's Tall Tales... That would have been cheap, too, since it got a package discount and is on sale... Yep. Doing that tomorrow.

For those of you that got denied.

Fight it.

I did.

I got denied on my local BB.

Girl said I could use my Disney Coupon on Toy Story 3, but I can't add the 30% off because it would stack on a "sale price" item. I just said, nope it should work. It's working on BestBuy.com (made up some BS).

She finally relented and scanned the coupon AND inputted the discount. No managers were called, nothing.

Bam!

Toy Story 3 for $11.

I picked up Kickass for around 9$, the Stargate movie and Crank 2, both for 7$ each. I splurged and also got TS3 with the plushes for 27$! :D I had to highly debate with myself to not get Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog marked at 15$.

[quote name='Shan82']I picked up Kickass for around 9$, the Stargate movie and Crank 2, both for 7$ each. I splurged and also got TS3 with the plushes for 27$! :D I had to highly debate with myself to not get Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog marked at 15$.[/QUOTE]

Did you get $5 off the plushes as well?

I tried to do TS3 and Mater's Tales with the 30% off coupon, but the system won't take both the 30% off and the $5 off when you buy both. It was one or the other.

[quote name='chuckywang']Did you get $5 off the plushes as well?

I tried to do TS3 and Mater's Tales with the 30% off coupon, but the system won't take both the 30% off and the $5 off when you buy both. It was one or the other.[/QUOTE]

Yep! It took 2.50$ off the movie and $2.50 off the plushes. I guess so that if you return one, you'll only get part of the money back! :)

The plushes were super cute and well worth it to me! :)

Hey all! For those interested, The coupon works on things over 35$ (YMMV!). My cashier rang up Back to Future Trilogy (marked 60$), put in the code, it brought up a prompt and she hit 'ok' and it dropped the price down to around 41$! :) Well worth the price, to me! :D

She then rang up my other three movies (Planet Hulk, Forbidden Kingdom, and something else I can't recall). Applied the coupon and it only worked on one item. She input the code twice more and it worked on both of the others. So, for those having problems with multiple movies, just have them input the code for the number of movies you have! :)

[quote name='chuckywang']I tried to do TS3 and Mater's Tales with the 30% off coupon, but the system won't take both the 30% off and the $5 off when you buy both. It was one or the other.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I was hoping they'd work together... I may pick up Mater's Tall Tales with the coupon, anyway, since it would take an extra buck off and my kid will want it, anyway...

Thanks for the info, Chucky

[quote name='Shan82']Hey all! For those interested, The coupon works on things over 35$ (YMMV!). My cashier rang up Back to Future Trilogy (marked 60$), put in the code, it brought up a prompt and she hit 'ok' and it dropped the price down to around 41$! :) Well worth the price, to me! :D

She then rang up my other three movies (Planet Hulk, Forbidden Kingdom, and something else I can't recall). Applied the coupon and it only worked on one item. She input the code twice more and it worked on both of the others. So, for those having problems with multiple movies, just have them input the code for the number of movies you have! :)[/QUOTE]

Whoa, do you have a pic of the receipt??

Just got back Best Buy. I went to CS to pickup my TS3 pre-order but wouldn't let me use 30% coupon & $8 mfr coupons. Then I grabbed Kick-Ass & Wrong Side of Town and got it discounted. Tomorrow will go another Best Buy to pickup few TS3 pre-orders and hopefully I can use both coupons.

Worked for V Steelbook. Came out to 24.49.

Didn't work for Gamer though. Came out at the sale price of 12.99. Didn't noticed till I paid and got the reciept. Oh well.

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']Worked for V Steelbook. Came out to 24.49.

Didn't work for Gamer though. Came out at the sale price of 12.99. Didn't noticed till I paid and got the reciept. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Going to try it myself tomorrow. $35 was a bit much for me but $25 sounds just about right for the steelbook.

My luck with Best Buy has been pretty crappy as of late, but I'll try showing the coupon on my iPod Touch and see if they'll take the bait. I really want Scott Pilgrim (BD) next week!

Didn't work for Gamer though. Came out at the sale price of 12.99. Didn't noticed till I paid and got the reciept. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yep, worked for V Steelbook for that price as well :) That back cover of Ana looks creepy as hell though.

Gamer is not worth it.

I really wished that it was on all blu-rays this coupon would work on and not the 34.99. It would have put a nice dent on the price of the TS box set :(

If you bought them in the same transaction, the cashier would have needed to enter te code twice (once for each). It's weird, but it works! :)

I looked everywhere and can't find my receipt anywhere, but it definitely works on 35$+ Blu's. It's just a matter of if the store associate is aware it's not supposed to.

[quote name='Shan82']If you bought them in the same transaction, the cashier would have needed to enter te code twice (once for each). It's weird, but it works! :)

I looked everywhere and can't find my receipt anywhere, but it definitely works on 35$+ Blu's. It's just a matter of if the store associate is aware it's not supposed to.[/QUOTE]

Problem is that there is a confirmation screen that pops up when she enters the code.... I don't remember if the screen shows 30% for blu rays 34.99 or less or just says confirm 30% off blu rays period.

Can anyone confirm this?

The same confirmation screen (can't remember it either!) popped up for the Back to the Future, as well as KickAss and planet hulk ... of course, those were on sale which may be why it got the screen. But she just hit ok and it went right through! :)

But the code DOES need to be entered per Blu (ie: 1 blu=code entered once; 2 blu's= code entered twice, etc.). The cashiers seem to think that it'll ring the entire transaction at 30%, but that isn't true. :) (or, to make it easier, just ring up the movies in separate transactions!)

Well, strike two for me trying to combine this with a manufacturer coupon for TS3. This time they got hung up on can't be combined with any other offer lol. Tried explaining that the manufacturer coupon is as good as legal tender and that their store will be reimbursed the $8 just the same. Why is it so hard to give them my money?

I'll try one last time on Monday at a different BB before just taking my business elsewhere.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, strike two for me trying to combine this with a manufacturer coupon for TS3. This time they got hung up on can't be combined with any other offer lol. Tried explaining that the manufacturer coupon is as good as legal tender and that their store will be reimbursed the $8 just the same. Why is it so hard to give them my money?

I'll try one last time on Monday at a different BB before just taking my business elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yep, so hard for them to bend the rules for you.

First, the 30% off coupon is on a regular priced item. Is TS3 $45.99 at Best Buy, the MSRP? No? Ok, so there you go.

Second, the coupon(s) are not to be combined with any other offer. Oops.
I'm reading the back of the coupon right now. Not to be combined with any other offers and discount taken off regular pricing.

So you are trying to scam them and they are saying no. Shame on them. :roll:

Take your scamming business elsewhere. If you luck into them taking both coupons, great. Good for you. But arguing or threatening to take your business elsewhere because they won't bend the rules printed on both coupons for you is just pathetic.

[quote name='shrike4242']So, has anyone actually used this yet or all we still speculating on how it'll work when used?[/QUOTE]

Everyones planning how to scam Best Buy. It's comical, especially when they freak out about someone pirating a CD or video game. But using coupons in a way they are not supposed to be used is good.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, strike two for me trying to combine this with a manufacturer coupon for TS3. This time they got hung up on can't be combined with any other offer lol. Tried explaining that the manufacturer coupon is as good as legal tender and that their store will be reimbursed the $8 just the same. Why is it so hard to give them my money?

I'll try one last time on Monday at a different BB before just taking my business elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I went to pick up my TS3 pre-order and the chick would not input the code in no matter what. So I just got it anyway.
I went to another cashier and bought the V steelbook, another chick said it wouldn't work because it was on sale but I asked if she could try anyways and she said yes and BAM! $24.49 for the steelbook. I also had $15 in RZ certificates so I got it for $10.34 after tax. :D

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yesh, never seen you act so silly Gizmo. Did someone hijack your account?[/QUOTE]

No. Just reading over some of the comments on how to scam Best Buy and get pissy when they turn down the scam part. How dare they uphold what is actually printed on the coupons. Such jerks! *

*Had the coupon not said off a 'regular priced item' and/or 'not valid with any other offers', sure, you guys would have a point. But both mention it and trying to combine and get mad when they deny and threaten to shop elsewhere is hysterical.

I don't think it's really scamming best buy. The coupon code is actually allowing for the 30% for any blu ray price to kick in without a manual override. If that is the case, then it's valid... Unless best buy pushes out a patch then it should still work. Take the 30% off and walk away...pushing it with another promo is just asking for trouble.

I got denied trying to use phone code and actual coupon with toy story 2, didn't even get a chance to try to combine with manufacturer's coupon. Clerks insisted that since it's a sale item I get the shaft. No go for me.

Bah, the only V bluray steelbook left at my local Best Buy looked like it had been used for target practice. Was tempted to pick it up but not in that shape... oh well, money saved for the next deal.

I'm going to another best buy to do return/return on V SteelBook. Already bought Kick-Ass & Wrong side of Town with 30% discount. Might get Brothers, From Paris With Love, and I don't know lol!

[quote name='GizmoGC']Yep, so hard for them to bend the rules for you.[/QUOTE]
Fact of the matter is they lost a sale today and it's not like they're going to sell out given the rows of copies they had. Instead of the company making money, they have nothing from me. The deal works for other people without an override, so no rules need to be bent or broken. In fact, if you cut out the coupon it doesn't say anywhere on the fine print that it can't be combined so it was my fault for giving them a complete sheet and making them think too much.

Bottomline is there's a reason why Walmart continues to thrive and post billion dollar gains annually: the customer is always right.

[quote name='Jodou']Fact of the matter is they lost a sale today and it's not like they're going to sell out given the rows of copies they had. Instead of the company making money, they have nothing from me. The deal works for other people without an override, so no rules need to be bent or broken. In fact, if you cut out the coupon it doesn't say anywhere on the fine print that it can't be combined so it was my fault for giving them a complete sheet and making them think too much.

Bottomline there's a reason why Walmart continues to thrive and post billion dollar gains annually: the customer is always right.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it's because of Walmart's predatory business tactics and horrible workforce treatment.

[quote name='chuckywang']Really? I thought it's because of Walmart's predatory business tactics and horrible workforce treatment.[/QUOTE]
Can't survive without the customer, regardless.

Got shot down trying to use the 30% coupon on TS3 and Kick-Ass Combo at one BB. I had my girlfriend go in at the one by our house and like a charm, she walks out with both movies for $19 after coupons and $5 RZ cert. I think I need to get myself a pair of tits. :D

Picked up V SteelBook, The Killers, Brothers, and From Paris with Love. Hot Latina doesn't even care, she punches the code and it worked on these items. Paid $10 each for the $13 ones and $24ish on V SteelBook.

Thats right! In your face GizmoGC.

I tried it with a copy of The Pacific, but it didn't work. She claimed it did, but it didn't. Instead, just picked up a copy of Rambo Extended Cut for 5.90 before tax.

Returned/rebought my V steelbook for $25, got Kalifornia for $9, and got AVP double pack for $15. I then got denied on The Spirit. They mentioned I could only use the coupon once.

M

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, can you guys get some of your BB employees to transfer to my store? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

+1:bomb:

bread's done
Back