[DEAD]BB Sept @Gamer Mag $10 Brink OR Hunted:TDF, $30 D:SF $40 Rise of Nightmares

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Current Sales
:360: Rise of Nightmares $39.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3: Driver: San Francisco $29.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3::wii: Tiger Woods PGA 12 The Masters $39.99/$29.99 after $20 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Brink $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Hunted: Demon Forge $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:pc: Razer Naga Epic Mouse $119.99 after $10 coupon
:pc: Tritton Headsets $49.99/$109.99/$149.99 after $20 coupon
:ps3: Move Controller $39.99 after $10 coupon

General Info
Thanks + credit to AcidRain25

Battlefield 3 VS MW3 is on the cover: coupons live from 8/28-10-/1

$5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Previous 2 months coupons for those who may not think the $15 sub is worth it [1,2]

Link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
Link for any issues that take place month to month

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $30 game like Brink goes on sale for $20 stacking the coupon makes the final price $10.. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, yeah, i'm sure they saw about 100 overrides yesterday from this. every description entered was probably '@gamer coupon' (thats what my guy typed in..)

go get it Daz then sit down with it for an hour, you'll have 30 more GS points in the bag and its really fun!

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']

I know we all want great deals on games, but some of you entitled brats really take it way too far sometimes. Get over it, it's only 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yes and name-calling really is a hallmark trait of someone who considers themselves something other than a "brat".

[quote name='confoosious']+1.

I know someone is gonna be all "I thought this was CAG...(mouth breathing)... "[/QUOTE]

I'll take the bait:
$10 is $10... and timberwolfbobby is commenting on CHEAPassgamer by the way.

[quote name='midloo']Yes and name-calling really is a hallmark trait of someone who considers themselves something other than a "brat".

$10 is $10... you are trolling on CHEAPassgamer by the way.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how buying something based on the seller saying it's good for X, and then being upset when the seller is like "lol j/k, not good for X" makes one a brat.

[quote name='klimb22']So, since some are now having success with the coupon working for Driver with no override, I guess this guy's claim of a new memo stating that the stacking would cease after Unlocked went into effect doesn't hold much weight. Unless an exception was made for Driver.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8890279&postcount=5138[/QUOTE]

The way I'm reading the post is that stacking is allowed, just not in the case of price matching.

[quote name='confoosious']+1.

I know someone is gonna be all "I thought this was CAG...(mouth breathing)... "but sometimes it's not worth the aggravation to save $10. Either buy it or don't buy it. People get all nuts and start threatening lawsuits over the dumbest shit around here.

Waiting for Driver SF is not the end of the world.[/QUOTE]i fully get your point. However it's the principal of the matter. These coupons worked all summer and as soon as they do this unlocked thing and get all sorts of new subscribers, the coupons are not nearly as good ( to us cags at least).

I too am waiting out on driver though. No coupon using until next issue for me

[quote name='DerClaw']I'm not sure how buying something based on the seller saying it's good for X, and then being upset when the seller is like "lol j/k, not good for X" makes one a brat.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... I'm with you DerClaw.

[quote name='Pookymeister']The way I'm reading the post is that stacking is allowed, just not in the case of price matching.[/QUOTE]
Now that I go back and read it I see what you're saying.

Just got back with my copy, coupon scanned el no problemo. Didnt realize this was a ubisoft game though, I better not see this for $20 next month.

I'm in BB(Oxford Valley, PA) right now Driver coupon stacking w/o issue or override.

Also, for those unable to get YMMV pm's like the TRU gc deals or target b1g1 50% off...
this store is pretty dead now especially in the game dept. since there's no new releases out yet now would be a good time to attempt the pm's since their #'s aren't good for the day. The key is to make it clear you want to make a large purchase amount(at least 4-6 games) have them in your hand and have the competitors ad pulled up on your phone. Right now I could easily walk out with 10 games pm'd using both target/TRU(since both stores are next to each other just 2 traffic lights away) to bad I don't get paid till Fri. and this isn't even my local BB.
FYI, they only have 8 copies of ICO/SOTC so don't be BS'ing if your interested in that 2 for $60 otherwise you'll end up SOL.

[quote name='cancerman1120']No rumors about next month's mag yet...should be finding out soon I would hope.[/QUOTE]hopefully mine will be here this week

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just got back with my copy, coupon scanned el no problemo. Didnt realize this was a ubisoft game though, I better not see this for $20 next month.[/QUOTE]I hope it does drop to $20 w/i a month that way even people who aren't RZ silver will be able to get a $10 price adjustment

[quote name='Enuf']I'm in BB(Oxford Valley, PA) right now Driver coupon stacking w/o issue or override.

hopefully mine will be here this week

I hope it does drop to $20 w/i a month that way even people who aren't RZ silver will be able to get a $10 price adjustment[/QUOTE]

Ah ha! Ok I retract my last post, it had better not drop in the next month and a half ;)

Just got back and had no issue with using the coupon. At first, the teller said the coupon would not work since the game was on sale. He processed it through anyways and was surprised when it worked.

Just picked up Driver for $30 and Hunted for $10 while picking up Child of Eden for $10 online with in store pickup. Pretty sweet haul for $50.

[quote name='shadowkast']i fully get your point. However it's the principal of the matter. These coupons worked all summer and as soon as they do this unlocked thing and get all sorts of new subscribers, the coupons are not nearly as good ( to us cags at least).

I too am waiting out on driver though. No coupon using until next issue for me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand sometimes when it's really about principle. Sometimes you fight for what is right. However, in a lot of cases on CAG, it's just fully grown men being whiny little kids.

Especially when it's like "How dare they not allow this stacking so I can trade it back in right away to make some profits!! I am entitled to my profits!" :roll:

Anyway, glad this has been resolved so no more hassle.

I too can confirm that it is working. No issue at all, hell the girl working the counter didn't even pause while ringing it up. I have a 2nd coupon, might go pick up a copy for trade-in purposes since I'm going to do that sometime this week.

[quote name='TheBomb69']Just picked up Driver for $30 and Hunted for $10 while picking up Child of Eden for $10 online with in store pickup. Pretty sweet haul for $50.[/QUOTE]

$10 Child of Eden? Please enlighten me!

[quote name='Sharkey1337']$10 Child of Eden? Please enlighten me![/QUOTE]
it was on sale for that price a few weeks back, the sale since has ended. I imagine he just hadnt picked up his order yet.

[quote name='Brother Daz']it was on sale for that price a few weeks back, the sale since has ended. I imagine he just hadnt picked up his order yet.[/QUOTE]

Ah DAMN, totally didn't hear about that deal, would've totally nabbed it for 10.:cry:

Yo guys i used the free unlocked membership coupon yesterday, how long does it take to show up on rewardzone.com?? I just checked, it says am still a free member, and not an unlocked member!!

[quote name='mgorsi']Yo guys i used the free unlocked membership coupon yesterday, how long does it take to show up on rewardzone.com?? I just checked, it says am still a free member, and not an unlocked member!![/QUOTE]

you had them scan the brochure from back in the gaming department also right? mine showed up as unlocked within 10 minutes

What brochure?? The dude scanned the coupon, my rewardzone silver card, and the Magazine, which he gave me for free. and he said, ok your unlocked member, and i will get the mag for the next yr.

Sucks the TIV is so low on C.O.E(5) but im sure its a solid play for 10..i think ill finally go pick up a copy of H:DFPS3 since i had to twist my buddy's arm to get a @Gamer so we can get some co op while hes down in texas....Is driver really that good?...last arcade style racing i did was Split/Second(super fun)!

[quote name='mgorsi']What brochure?? The dude scanned the coupon, my rewardzone silver card, and the Magazine, which he gave me for free. and he said, ok your unlocked member, and i will get the mag for the next yr.[/QUOTE]

this brochure needs to be scanned also

P1010398.jpg

Thanks to the people who confirmed that the Driver coupon was working now.

Bought it for $32 after tax and traded it back in for $44.80 after Unlocked and 50% for pre-ordering RAGE.

oh and what I found about signing up (I'm sure this has been covered, but with the great pic above..), you are definitely entitled to the magazine. One store I went to first shot me down saying no way I could take the mag. But when they scan the mag's barcode, and then the brochure, hit total, it packages out and the magazine becomes free!

[quote name='token2k6']oh and what I found about signing up (I'm sure this has been covered, but with the great pic above..), you are definitely entitled to the magazine. One store I went to first shot me down saying no way I could take the mag. But when they scan the mag's barcode, and then the brochure, hit total, it packages out and the magazine becomes free![/QUOTE]

Urgh, the store neglected to give me the free magazine when I signed up. Any way they would just give me a copy?

[quote name='Brother Daz']it was on sale for that price a few weeks back, the sale since has ended. I imagine he just hadnt picked up his order yet.[/QUOTE]

Correct. It was backordered until recently in my area.

[quote name='mgorsi']Yo guys i used the free unlocked membership coupon yesterday, how long does it take to show up on rewardzone.com?? I just checked, it says am still a free member, and not an unlocked member!![/QUOTE]
[quote name='Brother Daz']you had them scan the brochure from back in the gaming department also right? mine showed up as unlocked within 10 minutes[/QUOTE]
Mine's still showing me as a free member, even though they re-did the damn thing the other day at the store and scanned everything in like they're supposed to. Although they had to manually enter the SKU for the coupon since I no longer have that as we figured I only needed the fuckin' coupon when I first got the thing to 'unlock' my paid GCU.:roll:

BB had better make the process to get into this $15 a year dealie a LOT easier if they intend on staying in the used gaming market and trying to compete with GS.:whistle2:#

[quote name='chuckywang']Urgh, the store neglected to give me the free magazine when I signed up. Any way they would just give me a copy?[/QUOTE]

sure, just go up to the C/S counter with mag, brochure, receipt, I guess i'd be like a return/rebuy scenario..no reason they should deny it. Although it would be hard to 'mock' ring it out if they were being dicks and didn't believe, with having to enter info for the sub and all..

I just got my unlocked coupon today. So, just to be sure when I go in and they don't know what they are doing, they have to scan (in the following order) the brochure + the coupon + my membership card?

Also, I grabbed a free magazine this month when I signed up. Do you think I would be able to get another free magazine when I do the unlocked coupon (I haven't gotten my subscription yet and would be surprised if it started in October)?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I too can confirm that it is working. No issue at all, hell the girl working the counter didn't even pause while ringing it up. I have a 2nd coupon, might go pick up a copy for trade-in purposes since I'm going to do that sometime this week.[/QUOTE]
I had two coupons also. I picked up both a PS3 and a 360 copy to flip. I asked the gaming rep if I needed to do two transactions to use two coupons. He said no, scanned both games and scanned ONE coupon TWICE. It discounted both games. I took my other coupon to another BB and asked if it could be done that way and was denied. Told him I only wanted one copy. After he rung everything up he PUT BOTH GAMES IN THE BAG and said have a nice day. The guy at the door was watching the whole time so he probably wasn't going to check my receipt, but the little angel on my shoulder told me to give it back. That and the fact that I was going to come right back to trade in all three Driver copies. Later I figured out they would have caught up to me anyway from either the cameras or since I gave them my RZ number. I was paying with a GC, but I always give them my RZ number so the 45 days shows on the receipt.

[quote name='Brother Daz']this brochure needs to be scanned also

P1010398.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Alright, i still have the coupon, and my receipt, and if I take it back and ask them they forgot to scan the brochure, they will redo the whole thing right? Will the coupon work again? Actually its their fault, so it wouldn't matter!! I will take it back after the first, so I can also get a free mag for next month!!

Guys i have 3 best buys around my area, and none of them have copy a Driver SF for 360 or PS3, What should I do??

Quick question for those more knowledgeable on the subject, would I be able to PM Driver with TRU for a $25 gift card and still get the $40 price point?

[quote name='shady520']Quick question for those more knowledgeable on the subject, would I be able to PM Driver with TRU for a $25 gift card and still get the $40 price point?[/QUOTE]

I think Best Buy's policy is not to PM gift card deals. I tried today and got denied. Some people got the deal to work because it's up to certain managers if they want it to slide. It's definitely YMMV; you never know unless you try.

[quote name='shurija']I think Best Buy's policy is not to PM gift card deals. I tried today and got denied. Some people got the deal to work because it's up to certain managers if they want it to slide. It's definitely YMMV; you never know unless you try.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I remember I tried a while back with a target deal for a $50 with a slim 4gb 360 and they were going to do it (it was regular priced though) but they would not let me buy a gift card with another gift card (they reduced the price of the 360 to $150 and tacked on a $50 gift card) which is what I was buying the 360 with.

[quote name='mgorsi']Guys i have 3 best buys around my area, and none of them have copy a Driver SF for 360 or PS3, What should I do??[/QUOTE]If your a RZ silver member try the personal shopper.

[quote name='shady520']Quick question for those more knowledgeable on the subject, would I be able to PM Driver with TRU for a $25 gift card and still get the $40 price point?[/QUOTE]double dipping very YMMV
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

[quote name='shurija']I think Best Buy's policy is not to PM gift card deals. I tried today and got denied. Some people got the deal to work because it's up to certain managers if they want it to slide. It's definitely YMMV; you never know unless you try.[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='Enuf']If your a RZ silver member try the personal shopper.

^^^[/QUOTE]

I am a silver member, what is personal shopper? lol never heard of it

[quote name='pun123']thnx grabbed driver sf today. Also grabbed GOW origins and ICO/Shadow deal for the $20 off that was a good deal too.[/QUOTE]

so you were able to grab ICO/SotC a day early?

Today i was able to get Dead Island price adjusted and price matched with TRU and no luck with getting Driver matched because it was already lower once i used the @gamer coupon....i wonder if you can just have the price matched and forgo using the coupon? For my first time trying to get a gc deducted from price i have to say im a happy camper..The rep was awesome....got 25 back on a GC and will be using that to go get another Driver since its looking hot on its TIV...one to trade and one to get busy on!

[quote name='Brother Daz']so you were able to grab ICO/SotC a day early?[/QUOTE]

I was talking with my manz down in Houston and he just left BBY and said they had the sotc/ico already selling down there! Cant get any love in the 719....BUT i did get a copy of RDR two days before its street date from Blockbuster!

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']I was talking with my manz down in Houston and he just left BBY and said they had the sotc/ico already selling down there! Cant get any love in the 719....BUT i did get a copy of RDR two days before its street date from Blockbuster![/QUOTE]

I picked up a copy of Driver at the Chapel Hills BB today and checked for ico/sotc to see if by chance they had it, no luck. I was going to go and grab it tomorrow since I didnt want to wait for gamefly to send it out, checking my email they actually sent it out. Thats the first time they've sent me a new release with other available games in my queue. :bouncy:

[quote name='mgorsi']I am a silver member, what is personal shopper? lol never heard of it[/QUOTE]It's on the RZ site under "offers/promo" sorted by "silver member benefits"
Shopping may be hectic for some, but not for Reward Zone® Premier Silver members. Take advantage of your very own Personal Shopper online or on the phone.
Stay at home and leave the work to us. As a Reward Zone® Premier Silver member, you have access to your very own Personal Shopper online or on the phone. We'll hook you up with great gift ideas for family and friends, and place your order at BestBuy.com® using your free standard shipping benefit¹.

Getting Personal Shopper is easy. Simply call [email protected] for immediate assistance. We're here to help from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.

Contact your Personal Shopper today – and remember to take advantage of other great Premier Silver perks like extra points for purchases and an extended 45 day return and exchange policy.

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Today i was able to get Dead Island price adjusted and price matched with TRU and no luck with getting Driver matched because it was already lower once i used the @gamer coupon....i wonder if you can just have the price matched and forgo using the coupon? For my first time trying to get a gc deducted from price i have to say im a happy camper..The rep was awesome....got 25 back on a GC and will be using that to go get another Driver since its looking hot on its TIV...one to trade and one to get busy on![/QUOTE]yoU should return/rebuy using the @gamer coupon to get driver for $30

[quote name='Enuf']It's on the RZ site under "offers/promo" sorted by "silver member benefits"
Shopping may be hectic for some, but not for Reward Zone® Premier Silver members. Take advantage of your very own Personal Shopper online or on the phone.
Stay at home and leave the work to us. As a Reward Zone® Premier Silver member, you have access to your very own Personal Shopper online or on the phone. We'll hook you up with great gift ideas for family and friends, and place your order at BestBuy.com® using your free standard shipping benefit¹.

Getting Personal Shopper is easy. Simply call [email protected] for immediate assistance. We're here to help from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.

Contact your Personal Shopper today – and remember to take advantage of other great Premier Silver perks like extra points for purchases and an extended 45 day return and exchange policy.

yoU should return/rebuy using the @gamer coupon to get driver for $30[/QUOTE]

But my problem is that @Gamer coupon don't work online, it only works in store!! and the stores (3) near me don't have it in stock

Is it very rare that a BB employee or manager will price match a competitor's gift card deal? I know the policy says they don't, but some people say they get cool managers who do it. I would love to get Dead Island from Best Buy since I have RZ certs to use, so I'd either get it for $35, or just get $25 GC back. But I have a feeling I would get denied for sure at my Best Buy...they hate price matching for some reason.

[quote name='mgorsi']But my problem is that @Gamer coupon don't work online, it only works in store!! and the stores (3) near me don't have it in stock[/QUOTE]

If they dont have it in stock, your only options are:
1. raincheck at 39.99
2. wait for re-stock, see #1 first to ensure you get 39.99 price
3. ???

Unless your stores restock before the sale ends, you will be SOL unless you want to drive to your next nearest store with stock.

[quote name='mightymek']Is it very rare that a BB employee or manager will price match a competitor's gift card deal? I know the policy says they don't, but some people say they get cool managers who do it. I would love to get Dead Island from Best Buy since I have RZ certs to use, so I'd either get it for $35, or just get $25 GC back. But I have a feeling I would get denied for sure at my Best Buy...they hate price matching for some reason.[/QUOTE]

If you are a good customer (as in buy a lot or trade a lot) they are more willing to bend the rules to keep you happy (and spending your money at their store). The worst that can happen is you ask and they deny you, thus you are only at a loss for your time.

bread's done
Back