[DEAD]BB Sept @Gamer Mag $10 Brink OR Hunted:TDF, $30 D:SF $40 Rise of Nightmares

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Current Sales
:360: Rise of Nightmares $39.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3: Driver: San Francisco $29.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3::wii: Tiger Woods PGA 12 The Masters $39.99/$29.99 after $20 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Brink $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Hunted: Demon Forge $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:pc: Razer Naga Epic Mouse $119.99 after $10 coupon
:pc: Tritton Headsets $49.99/$109.99/$149.99 after $20 coupon
:ps3: Move Controller $39.99 after $10 coupon

General Info
Thanks + credit to AcidRain25

Battlefield 3 VS MW3 is on the cover: coupons live from 8/28-10-/1

$5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Previous 2 months coupons for those who may not think the $15 sub is worth it [1,2]

Link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
Link for any issues that take place month to month

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $30 game like Brink goes on sale for $20 stacking the coupon makes the final price $10.. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mightymek']Is it very rare that a BB employee or manager will price match a competitor's gift card deal? I know the policy says they don't, but some people say they get cool managers who do it. I would love to get Dead Island from Best Buy since I have RZ certs to use, so I'd either get it for $35, or just get $25 GC back. But I have a feeling I would get denied for sure at my Best Buy...they hate price matching for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I called my local BB yesterday and the manager said they would pm the GC deal from TRU for me. I would suggest calling first.

I got Brink for $25 when TRU had that buy 2 games and get like $50 back mistake. Now I'm wishing I hadn't got that deal, because I could be getting it for $10.

Is Hunted any good? For $10, I'll probably just pick it up for the heck of it.

I received my "unlocked" coupon in the mail today.

Just finished at BB, and my rz page already shows the new status update.

[quote name='Hoffer']I got Brink for $25 when TRU had that buy 2 games and get like $50 back mistake. Now I'm wishing I hadn't got that deal, because I could be getting it for $10.

Is Hunted any good? For $10, I'll probably just pick it up for the heck of it.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Hunted and can easily recommend it for $10

EDIT: Also got my unlocked coupon in the mail, awesome! I guess there is no magazine this month which is why we are getting the coupons mailed separately.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']No issue this month?

I guess we'll have to wait for the October one, and hopefully have a decent deal awaiting.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I caught a glimpse at work that there is a new issue for Oct. Didn't get a chance to see what coupons and whatnot.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I called my local BB yesterday and the manager said they would pm the GC deal from TRU for me. I would suggest calling first.[/QUOTE]

So i go in today to go pick up Black Ops with the gift card deal (that they said they would match yesterday) and today I get shot down by the same manager I talked to yesterday. When I talked to him yesterday he said "yeah sure, we'll match it, come on down". then today he tells me that he said over the phone that they wouldnt match it o_O. I then ask him why he lied to me yesterday, in which he replies that he never said they would match it :bomb: I have never wanted to kick someone in the face this bad since gargus.

[quote name='Brother Daz']So i go in today to go pick up Black Ops with the gift card deal (that they said they would match yesterday) and today I get shot down by the same manager I talked to yesterday. When I talked to him yesterday he said "yeah sure, we'll match it, come on down". then today he tells me that he said over the phone that they wouldnt match it o_O. I then ask him why he lied to me yesterday, in which he replies that he never said they would match it :bomb: I have never wanted to kick someone in the face this bad since gargus.[/QUOTE]

That sucks dude. I may not even try with Dead Island. My Best Buy really makes you feel like a jerk for even attempting to price match, especially for something they say they won't even price match in the first place.

[quote name='Hoffer']I got Brink for $25 when TRU had that buy 2 games and get like $50 back mistake. Now I'm wishing I hadn't got that deal, because I could be getting it for $10.

Is Hunted any good? For $10, I'll probably just pick it up for the heck of it.[/QUOTE]

Hunted starts slow, but picks up. If you get it, stay with it until you "level up" a bit.

IS Driver:SF worth it for $30? I'm sorta tempted but considering how far it's dropped since it's release, I'm hesistant.

Also has anyone been able to get BB to not only use the coupon on it, but PM TRU's promo for a $25 gc?

3[quote name='musicjunkie']Pretty sure I caught a glimpse at work that there is a new issue for Oct. Didn't get a chance to see what coupons and whatnot.[/QUOTE]
Oh do share if you get an extensive look next time!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']IS Driver:SF worth it for $30? I'm sorta tempted but considering how far it's dropped since it's release, I'm hesistant.

Also has anyone been able to get BB to not only use the coupon on it, but PM TRU's promo for a $25 gc?[/QUOTE]

Not sure.
It's like GTA but you can never get out of the car (at least as far as I played it).
So it seems to be a driving mission based only game.

The graphics are good, the missions are varied and fun, but there is one problem, the controls are so loose doing any type of race will seem like you are playing a PS2 game (control wise).

The car shift feature is simply awesome and adds a lot to the gameplay.

I'd say it is worth $30, no brainer at $20 but you would have to be put into a mental institution if you paid $60 for it.

;)

October issue is out! Here are the coupons:

ALL COUPONS VALID 10/2 - 10/29

IMG_0010-1.jpg

$10 off NHL 12 :ps3:/:360:
$10 off Dead Rising 2: Off the Record :ps3:/:360:
$15 off Deus Ex: Human Revolution :ps3:/:360:/:pc:
$10 Tropico 4 :ps3:/:360:/:pc:
$10 off ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection OR God of War: Origins Collection :ps3:
$10 Just Dance Summer Party :wii: OR The Smurfs :wii:/:ds:
$20 off Turtle Beach Ear Force PBT
$20 off Gunnar Optic Glasses MLG Phantom and PPK Onyx...

If it was only live this week, it'd stack with the B2S$20.

I got ICO/Shadow for $25 already, but getting GoW:O for $25 would've been nice too. Hopefully MSRP for these collections don't tank as hard as every other collection so far >.>

Maybe wait towards the end of the month to use the coupons? Could see a price drop on them soon (PM'ing and @Gamer coupon stacking technically should work fine, since the coupons are supposed to work on sale prices anyways).

[quote name='prinnyotaku']october issue is out! Here are the coupons:

all coupons valid 10/2 - 10/29

img_0010-1.jpg

$10 off nhl 12 :ps3:/:360:
$10 off dead rising 2: Off the record :ps3:/:360:
$15 off deus ex: Human revolution :ps3:/:360:/:pc:
$10 tropico 4 :ps3:/:360:/:pc:
$10 off ico/shadow of the colossus collection or god of war: Origins collection :ps3:
$10 just dance summer party :wii: Or the smurfs :wii:/:ds:
$20 off turtle beach ear force pbt
$20 off gunnar optic glasses mlg phantom and ppk onyx...[/quote]

omg i love you!!!!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']October issue is out! Here are the coupons:

ALL COUPONS VALID 10/2 - 10/29

IMG_0010-1.jpg

$10 off NHL 12 :ps3:/:360:
$10 off Dead Rising 2: Off the Record :ps3:/:360:
$15 off Deus Ex: Human Revolution :ps3:/:360:/:pc:
$10 Tropico 4 :ps3:/:360:/:pc:
$10 off ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection OR God of War: Origins Collection :ps3:
$10 Just Dance Summer Party :wii: OR The Smurfs :wii:/:ds:
$20 off Turtle Beach Ear Force PBT
$20 off Gunnar Optic Glasses MLG Phantom and PPK Onyx...[/QUOTE]

I'll be using the HD coupon when they hit 29.99!

[quote name='joshnorm']When we have OR coupons are we able to use it on both? Like this months Hunted/Brink[/QUOTE]Usually no its one or the other, but you may be able to find a nice cashier that'll scan the coupon twice for you.

Isn't that what people did picking up a 360 and PS3 version of Driver with the same coupon? I'd imagine if they let you do that, picking up both in an "OR" coupon would be fine too.

Price matching gift cards is what made me like Best Buy more than most of the competitors. Since they've thrown that out, I am growing less and less fond of them. I really hope they lose a good chunk of business for their dumb, new practices.

Best Buy and Amazon are both falling down on the job. I could I always count on them. They still haven't reached Wal-Mart/GameStop level of bad deals though. K-Mart seems like the only good one now(except, I don't have a K-Mart anywhere near my house, let alone the whole state probably).

Im in for Ico/sotc...i was going to pick it up today with a couple Drivers but i can wait...im going to try and get Driver pm and use the @gamer..25 would be nice if not no biggie...finally got GOW3 dlc...sheesh...i swear im at BBY so much i might apply for a seasonal position there(inside scoop!)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']If it was only live this week, it'd stack with the B2S$20.

I got ICO/Shadow for $25 already, but getting GoW:O for $25 would've been nice too. Hopefully MSRP for these collections don't tank as hard as every other collection so far >.>

Maybe wait towards the end of the month to use the coupons? Could see a price drop on them soon (PM'ing and @Gamer coupon stacking technically should work fine, since the coupons are supposed to work on sale prices anyways).[/QUOTE]If they were live this week it wouldn't matter scanning the coupon negates the $20 "package deal" also pm'ing DOES NOT WORK with the coupons "double dipping" easy denial...YMMV. Best bet is to wait for the $25-$30 sale price just like the Uncharted or Resistance collection then use it. Resistance was $15 already after coupon Uncharted was $30 as well.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Hope Deus Ex drops low enough to make good use of the coupon ;) Already picked up Ico/SoTc + GoW Origins with their $20 off[/QUOTE]to bad the DE:HR isn't live right now would be $30 but I can't complain got it day 1 with $10 credit then pm'd it $35 so great deal. As for ICO/SOTC ^^^ chances are both for $40 + tax next month.

[quote name='juanawoman']Price matching gift cards is what made me like Best Buy more than most of the competitors. Since they've thrown that out, I am growing less and less fond of them. I really hope they lose a good chunk of business for their dumb, new practices. [/QUOTE]this won't help everybody but anyone near the Willow Grove PA BB the manager who gives me ALOT of YMMV pm's is on duty as of 4 pm when I got my Rage pre-order. She looks tough as nails & can be if your not "polite" getting the TRU gc pm shouldn't be a problem but you may still need to "sell it". It's slow in the store now so if you try to pm ALL of the gc deals to bump up your total purchase amount this will also work in your favor.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku'] (PM'ing and @Gamer coupon stacking technically should work fine, since the coupons are supposed to work on sale prices anyways).[/QUOTE]

Price Matching and @Gamer coupons DO NOT STACK. The coupon just rings up as zero off when you try and Best Buy has officially stated that PMing and coupons don't work.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Isn't that what people did picking up a 360 and PS3 version of Driver with the same coupon? I'd imagine if they let you do that, picking up both in an "OR" coupon would be fine too.[/QUOTE]

Usually, yes, but this month's "or" coupon is for 2 PS3 exclusives...;)

I picked up Driver a few days ago with the coupon. I played a little last night, it's damn fun and definitely worth the price I paid!

[quote name='mightymek']I picked up Driver a few days ago with the coupon. I played a little last night, it's damn fun and definitely worth the price I paid![/QUOTE]

Did someone have to override the price for you since it's on sale? I read that some people could not get the coupon to stack with the sale like Hunted did.

That was a problem on the first day or two of the coupon going live. Since then it has been fixed (supposedly, I haven't used mine and don't plan to) Multiple people have confirmed that they did not need an override though.

Sorry still not impress with the magazine for the October month. September month wasn't that great either.. wasn't into Brink, Hunted or Driver.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Did someone have to override the price for you since it's on sale? I read that some people could not get the coupon to stack with the sale like Hunted did.[/QUOTE]

Coupon worked with scan, no override needed.

[quote name='Enuf']Last day before coupons expire[/QUOTE]
They are good through Saturday. :p

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Multiple people have confirmed that they did not need an override though.[/QUOTE]
Didn't work on Sunday but I bought my copy on Monday with the coupon with no issue.

[quote name='karyadi']Sorry still not impress with the magazine for the October month.[/QUOTE]by the game selection or price stacking potential? I really wouldn't expect to see any of the 5 for $100 titles at least not until Jan. But $20-$25 for GOW:O, Ico/SOTC or DR2:OTR, $25-$30 for DE:HR & $30-$35 for NHL12 all seem very good-great. I can't really complain when there's a chance to get most titles near half off w/i 30 days of release

[quote name='mgford11']I see we're talking about coupons stacking again; did we get that all straightened out after the driver SF debacle?[/QUOTE]

It didn't stack for 2 1/2 days. Really only 1 day that it was supposed to stack, since the online sale price hit on Friday and the B&M was supposed to start Sunday. Instead it dropped in b&m on Friday also which took my local stores by surprise. was fixed by Sunday night for most stores and all stores by Monday morning.

Overall I would have just called it a small hiccup compared to the debacle that was the DLC codes not being sent out.

I picked up another copy of Hunted today for PS3 with the $20 off coupon since it's the next to last day to use it.

I was tempted to pick up Driver, but since it's a Ubisoft title it should drop to $20 or less in no time.

bread's done
Back