(DEAD) Best Buy DotD - PS3/360/Wii U Injustice $11.99 after $15 Off GCU Coupon & 20% Off GCU Discount (In Store Only) - $29.99 Sale Price

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
:ps3: LINK

:360: LINK

Wii U LINK

Deal of the Day Price is $29.99

$11.99 After $15 Off GCU Coupon & 20% Off GCU Discount (In Store Only)

I can confirm the GCU Coupon & 20% Off do stack. Went to pick up Naruto and the price was $19.99 after both discounts. I was wondering why an additional $5 was taken off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect timing. Had to go out to pick up a gift for someone today anyway.
I'll use the in store coupon, and save the online coupon for a possible Black Friday deal.

No its' not. Online it will only take one and same for in store. Of course you might get an ignorant employee that might override it.
It stacks automatically in store. I attempted to grab Naruto using the coupon and it brought it down to $19.99. It should have been $24.99 after coupon.

so, if best buy is already taking the 20% off, should i renew my GCU like right now while its still cheaper?

So I have all 3 platforms.  Any suggestions as to which one to get?  Leaning towards wii u to try and bolster my collection.  Also will the ultimate edition coming soon be the main game just with the dlc characters that i dont really have interest in?

So annoying - my @Gamer expired on 10/20, so I didn't get the e-mail with coupons, despite being grandfathered in (MyBestBuy says I'm Unlocked through 2014). Can't access the coupons now, through @Gamer portal. Hopefully CS will just manually adjust. 

I've heard these coupons are the sux guys. Best Buy is the lamest. I don't even want Injustice anyway, everyone says its gay.

/sarcasm

I love that Best Buy has been making it harder for a lot of people who've been bitching for months about coupons and programs to keep doing so. 

Hmm not sure if I should pick up now, or wait for the Ultimate Edition to be cheap on Steam
Same thing I was wondering, then I got around to thinking Ultimate Edition is going to have $120 worth of extra content (fighters, skins, and missions) bundled with the soundtrack.

As tempting as this deal is, i'm going to hold out.

I love that Best Buy has been making it harder for a lot of people who've been bitching for months about coupons and programs to keep doing so.
I was soooo close to getting a full-time contract with them for a creative project (RZ to MyBestBuy transition). I totally dodged a bullet. I can't imagine what a nightmare it is, day-to-day, to work at Corporate. I guarantee there's terrible internal communication there.

Sweet. Phone CS is the absolute best. They eventually just issued me a $30 certificate. The poor phone rep took over 30 minutes to try to get someone from @Gamer to rectify the situation. Off to the store!

I'd assume this works for price adjustments. I just paid $120 for Ghosts hardened edition at the midnight release. I'd like my $24 back please. :)

Holy crap, the 20% off thingy makes any new game 47.99

How can I get this to apply to an in store pickup I have waiting for me???? For COD: Ghosts....

So annoying - my @Gamer expired on 10/20, so I didn't get the e-mail with coupons, despite being grandfathered in (MyBestBuy says I'm Unlocked through 2014). Can't access the coupons now, through @Gamer portal. Hopefully CS will just manually adjust.
Sweet. Phone CS is the absolute best. They eventually just issued me a $30 certificate. The poor phone rep took over 30 minutes to try to get someone from @Gamer to rectify the situation. Off to the store!
Very YMMV. Your GCU expired in October along with your magazine sub. The "grandfathering" you speak about is really a thank you extension type of thing. It extends your GCU/MyBB Gamer (bonus points, 10% trade and off used, and now 20% off new) - not the actual magazine with coupons.

I'd assume this works for price adjustments. I just paid $120 for Ghosts hardened edition at the midnight release. I'd like my $24 back please. :)
Holy crap, the 20% off thingy makes any new game 47.99

How can I get this to apply to an in store pickup I have waiting for me???? For COD: Ghosts....
You guys don't understand the new program. It "officially" starts Nov 10, but I guess the 20% works now as a test for the launch. Your purchases (when your card etc is charged) happened before Nov 10, so you do not qualify for the 20% off. The only way to get the 20% off on Ghost preorder (and $10 in points) is if people now preorder for a next gen version.

So I have all 3 platforms. Any suggestions as to which one to get? Leaning towards wii u to try and bolster my collection. Also will the ultimate edition coming soon be the main game just with the dlc characters that i dont really have interest in?
I'm going with PS3 because 360 controllers suck for fighters and the Wii U online community is smaller than PS3's.

I'd rather lose my 10 dollar cert and return/rebuy for 47.99 than pay 60 and get 10 dollars back.

Since BB only does post PM w/in 2 weeks and only for BB prices, and since they dont PM black friday prices, I dont see them dropping ghosts at all

When I go to pick up, I'll ask them if I can price match since it takes off 20%...

Very YMMV. Your GCU expired in October along with your magazine sub. The "grandfathering" you speak about is really a thank you extension type of thing. It extends your GCU/MyBB Gamer (bonus points, 10% trade and off used, and now 20% off new) - not the actual magazine with coupons.

You guys don't understand the new program. It "officially" starts Nov 10, but I guess the 20% works now as a test for the launch. Your purchases (when your card etc is charged) happened before Nov 10, so you do not qualify for the 20% off. The only way to get the 20% off on Ghost preorder (and $10 in points) is if people now preorder for a next gen version.
Best Buy still has a 15 price match policy and i still have a 45 day return policy. Your move Best Buy. Im going to try and get $12 back from my BF4 purchase when I go check if the 20% off and GCU coupons stack.

Best Buy still has a 15 price match policy and i still have a 45 day return policy. Your move Best Buy. Im going to try and get $12 back from my BF4 purchase when I go check if the 20% off and GCU coupons stack.
I know the terms, been SIlver for few years now elite plus.

I guess you and others have had more success with CS. I remember calling several times to get a price match last year when a game was like $20 cheaper with those RZ offers. Regular CS suggested I return and rebuy instore. Silver CS said no to the match.

I am trying to order the game with my coupon and GCU account and its coming up as $14.99.

How will it be $11.99 in store?  How will another $3.00 be taken off?

Thanks.

I am trying to order the game with my coupon and GCU account and its coming up as $14.99.

How will it be $11.99 in store? How will another $3.00 be taken off?

Thanks.
If you read earlier on in the thread... the extra 20% off is only being applied in-store because it got turned on early in-store only for the new version of the GCU program. It hasn't been turned on yet for Bestbuy.com.

The 20% is active on the website but it seems the 20% is not stacking with coupon , the price gets dropped down to 24 after the 20% . Then when you add the coupon code it brings down to 15 after the coupon but doesn't give you the additional 20% off .

I am unlocked and used the following:  $29.99 price   rings up 23.99- $15 coupon- $5.00 sent by BBY last week-$5.00 reward zone coupon= $1.99 + tax for $2.14 out the door.

Nice! Thanks op!

Does anybody know if they accept the gamer coupon if you show them on your phone? My printer is out of ink lol

First to PM can have my Injustice coupon. I don't have any interest in the game. I'll email you the PDF

Coupon already sent out!

Picked this up in-store during lunch.  Got it for $11.99, using the GCU coupon.  No hassles at all.

Thanks, OP!

I am confused on the $15 GCU coupon.  You guys received them in an email earlier this week?  The latest batch of coupons I have are from Oct. 8.  I did receive the re-up thing for $30 but I am unlocked until Feb. 

I am confused on the $15 GCU coupon. You guys received them in an email earlier this week? The latest batch of coupons I have are from Oct. 8. I did receive the re-up thing for $30 but I am unlocked until Feb.
I actually never upgraded to digital but i got these digital coupons for the first time a few days ago

took my coupon in store and got Injustice for 12.XX after tax. Thanks CAG and OP

This is actually not that great a deal.

The ultimate edition -- similar to Mortal Kombat -- with all the DLC on-disc is coming in a few weeks; this is just BBY trying to unload the vanilla edition before the new one comes out.  I'll wait until the ultimate edition hits 19.99 which will happen sooner rather than later, especially with the next-gen hitting store shelves.  Even MK Ult. hit $20 just a few months after it hit.

It's a deal enough for me, 11.99 before tax, to check it out have a bit of fun and sell it off.  "Free rentals" and maybe some profit? I enjoy that more than some of the game play. 

How do I access the coupon? On the computer, the magazine link only takes me
To the page. Doesn't give me a coupon link or anything.

What am I doing wrong

bread's done
Back