DEAD-Buy 1 get 1 50% off at KB Toys this weekend B&M (ALL games and accessor

TheHUZSG20

CAGiversary!
This weekend (2/18-2/21) All KB Toy and Toy works stores are having another storewide buy one get one 50% everything sale. The sale includes all games and accossories. Systems/hardware are not included. You can mix and match games and accessories and for anyone interested toys as well. The second game/accessory must be of equal or lesser value.

EDIT: The sale is over now but I expect it to come back again in a few weeks because when we got the signs for the sale we got 3 sets, we've used 2 so far so I expect them to run the sale again but I'm not positive....I'll keep you guys posted.

[quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='flaprabbit']Thanks for the heads up. Managed to get price matches on the MGS 3's I bought last week and picked up Metroid Prime 2 and Ogre Tactics GBA both were $29.99[/quote]

Are you talking about this:

52225233.jpg

!? If so, then wow. I'm surprised stores still have that game...

Oh, and I'm going to my KB tomorrow to see if they have anything worth getting. I know Metroid Zero Mission is $10.

Also, is this sale going to be advertised? My KB doesn't carry MGS3 for some reason, and I would like to price match at BB.

(Happy 1K posts for me!!!!)[/quote]

That's it exactly. This was at the KB in the Stonewood Mall in Downey, Ca.

The sale is supposed to be advertised on the radio in certain areas but no actual ad in the paper. Glad to see people are getting some good deals. Usually when I make a topic about a sale at KB everyone just complains about how much KB sucks and their prices are to high. Glad I could help.

Went to my local KB today, they had multiple copies of MGS3 and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. I'll go buy tomorrow to actually pick them up.

[quote name='flaprabbit'][quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='flaprabbit']Thanks for the heads up. Managed to get price matches on the MGS 3's I bought last week and picked up Metroid Prime 2 and Ogre Tactics GBA both were $29.99[/quote]

Are you talking about this:

52225233.jpg

!? If so, then wow. I'm surprised stores still have that game...

Oh, and I'm going to my KB tomorrow to see if they have anything worth getting. I know Metroid Zero Mission is $10.

Also, is this sale going to be advertised? My KB doesn't carry MGS3 for some reason, and I would like to price match at BB.

(Happy 1K posts for me!!!!)[/quote]

That's it exactly. This was at the KB in the Stonewood Mall in Downey, Ca.[/quote]

Damn, nice find. If they have anymore copies, I'd pick them up if I were you.

they have no more at that store but I know where I can get another one at $30. Any reason I should get more? what is so popular about this game?

[quote name='crazytalkx']Nothing worth buying at the West Covina, CA Kb[/quote]

Thanks... you saved me a 10 min trip to the mall. I hope so anyways. :wink:

In Orland Park, IL, I got 2 Metroid Prime 2s for $45 total (now no sharing arguments, it's worth it) and a Kirby Nightmare and dreamscapes, plus a Megaman Zero 3, both GBA grand total with tax for all $94. Had the kiddos with, and they now keep games behind the counter, so I couldn't peruse more.

Does KB price match stuff bought last week, aka the Metroid Primes and MGS 3? Is it like on of those "if we have it cheaper within 30 days we'll refund the difference" deals?

[quote name='lionheart4life']Does KB price match stuff bought last week, aka the Metroid Primes and MGS 3? Is it like on of those "if we have it cheaper within 30 days we'll refund the difference" deals?[/quote]

Not necessarily a price match, but if you have your receipt bring everything back and do a return and repurchase. It's what I did with my MGS 3's.

Yeah, I called around and they don't necessarily do a price match. I guess the only way to take advantage of both deals would be to do as flaprabbit said and return/rebuy the games.

Seems the KB in Columbia finally went to buy 1 get 1 50% off for the entire store. Was just the orange tag stuff yesterday. They still don't have much of a selection.

I picked up Metroid Prime 2 and LOTR: The Third Age (GC) for $45 total. The weird thing was both rang up for $49.99 each but the prices were manually adjusted because the stickers said $29.99 on each game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Woooow. God, it sucks that my KB is gone. If anyone could offer me MGS 3 for about $15 shipped, lemme know via PM.[/quote]

Why would anyone take a loss and ship it to you? It would be $15 prior to shipping costs. 2 for $30.......

The sale is on. Sorry, I went out right after work tonight so I didn't get a chance to let everyone know that it is confirmed....it will run tomorrow until Monday.

Are there any good games I should get? I know I would get MP2, but I need another game. I don't want MGS3, already got it.

good ones are probably sold out from the last sale, so i guess it's better off to pick new games like xenosaga2. if they have it that is...........
i hope they got shadowhearts or kof2002+2003

I was able to pick up Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metroid Prime 2 for a total of $40 plus tax. The last thing I need right now is more games, but I couldn't pass up such a good deal.

Thxs to the OP for pointing out the sale again.

There was nothing there of interest last time this sale was going on. Since I was in the mall yesterday to preorder GT4 I decided to stick my head into KB. Glad I did when I saw a copy of MGS 3!!!! Could not see the price but I knew it was ringing up $20 for you guys. Asked the guy how much it was and of course he quoted the $50 tag. Then he decides to go ahead and scan it. Bingo, 20 bucks. His eyes about shot out of his head. Saw 2 copies and was going to get both for the buy 1 get 1 half off. For some reason it did not want to do the discount. So I just got 1.

Funny thing is, that second copy had a $20 tag on it. He asked about how did I know about the price. Told him I had a friend up north who found out about it. :p

I didn't buy any games. But they had color VideoNow discs for $5 (50% off), so I picked up a couple for my my lil'princess (daughter).

Yeah, when exactly does this end?

I noticed this topic was made at the beginning of the month... and I was hoping it would still be around in desperate attempts to get Wario Ware Touched and some other random game.

Monday 2/21 is the last day. The reason the topic was started earlier was because KB had the sale earlier this month and they brought it back for this weekend so instead of making a new topic I just revised this one.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I just called the only KB Toys store within 50
miles of me to confirm, before I went down there in the morning. A girl picked up the phone and I asked her if they would be doing the sale. She said, "umm...hold on." I hear her in the background: "are we having a video game sale tomorrow?" Guy's voice: "How do they know we are having a sale tomorrow?!" Next thing I know the guy comes on the phone, says he is blah blah, the store manager, and that "they are not allowed to give out information on impending sales."

^_____^

Thanks for dropping the bomb OP, I think this is a pretty good conformation of the sale. Anyone else call their KB?[/quote]

What you should have said while the manager was chewing you out over the phone about not allowed to give out information...you could have said "we the government's freedom of information LAW (don't say act) gives me the right to know!" I tried that once with a store and it worked :p

Well I went to the KBtoys in the Southbay Galleria Mall and found a Tactics Ogre Advance. Got that and Wario Ware Touched for $50. I also got a Dr Mario 64 for $.91 since it was in a beat up box. So for those of you looking for Tactics Ogre Advance, check your Kbtoys, this is the second one I've found at a Kbtoys this month.

Thanks to the OP for this one. I was able to find a copy of Metal Gear 3 for $19.99 (the clerk was pretty suprised by the price) and I got College Hoops 2K5 for X-Box. I was tempted to get two copies of Metal Gear and trade one in, but I'm happy with what I got.

bread's done
Back