DEAD: CC 7/10 ad... PC titles for $9.99 or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying PJ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update 7-17: It looks like this clearance is over.

[quote name='secretvampire']I'm a bit surprised that this is over, but it was good while it lasted. Kudos to CC for both of their recent $10 sales.[/QUOTE]

9.99 PC titles from CC :

CONFIRMED
Age of Empires 2 - The Conquerors - 8.99
Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology: The Titans
Bad Mojo Redux
Battlefield: Vietnam (regular version, not the Redux version)
Beyond Good and Evil
Bloodrayne - 5.99
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon - $7.99
C&C Generals
C&C Generals : Zero Hour
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut (CD version)
Civilization 3: Conquer the World
Command & Conquer 2: Red Alert - $1.38
Commandos 3 : Destination Berlin
Diablo 2
Diablo 2 Expansion: Lord of Destruction
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Dungeon Siege: Legends Of Aranna
Empires : Dawn of the Modern World - $5.99
Evil Genius
Far Cry
Freedom Fighters - $0.99
Freedom Force - $6.99
Freedom Force vs. Third Reich
Freelancer - $7.99
Full Spectrum Warrior
Ghost Master - 2.87
Ground Control II
Halo
Homeworld 2 - $5.99
LotR : War of the Ring
Lock On: Modern Air Combat
Knights of the Old Republic
Morrowind - $4.99
Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - $7.99
Need for Speed : Underground
Neverwinter Nights - Shadows of Undrentide
Painkiller (regular version, not the gold version)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Rainbow Six 3 Athena Sword Expansion Pack - $1.99
Rise of Nations
Rise of Nations : Thrones and Patriots (Rise of Nations Gold might be $20 if you can't find RoN and the expansion pack)
Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow
Spongebob the Movie
Star Wars: Battlefront
Thief : Deadly Shadows
Throne of Darkness - 0.84
Tomb Raider - Angel of Darkness : 5.99
Trainz Railroad Simulator Deluxe Edition
Tribes: Vengence
Tron 2.0
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

[quote name='Jaket']*gasp*

nearest CC is an hour away

fuck[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, this game will be 9.99 everywhere soon enough.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hey Jaket, I didn't know you were a mod. You should abuse your power more, get your name out there.[/QUOTE]

That's Stealthy back under a dumb name.

I mean a new name.

/edit: I just got it. It's his name. JakeT. And he made it say jaket.. how witty.. Stealthy was so much better :(

[quote name='Scorch']That's Stealthy back under a dumb name.

I mean a new name.[/QUOTE]

yea because someone's real name is dumb:roll:

are you still in second grade?

Edit: and just because you edited your post does not make you any less of an ass

[quote name='Steve Dave']Thanks for the heads up.

Just got back from CC.[/QUOTE]

So... confirmed? You bought it?

Kind of a vague post.

over the past week my wallet has been raped inside and out and now has no shame, someone please kill my wallet.

After reading that Freedom Force vs. Third Reich was $9.99, I ran out to see what was up. The employees at my CC were clueless, so I gave them something to do and gave them a bunch of games to price check.
In addition, the sales manager (after pointing out the ad to him :wall: ), said 'That must be why Pandora Tomorrow rang up for $9.99'

So, here is what I found for $9.99 :

FF vs. Third Reich
Ground Control II
Evil Genius w/ year subscription to CGW.
SC : Pandora Tomorrow
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - (CD version only? Unconfirmed)
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault - (CD version only, thanks Roufuss)
Civ 3: Conquer the World expansion - (thanks locutus411)
Trainz Railroad Simulator Deluxe Edition - (thanks locutus411)
Commandos 3 : Dest. Berlin - (website says $8.99?)
Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - $7.99 - (thanks supadupacheap)
Empires : Dawn of the Modern World - $5.99

Evil Genius for 9.99... I was hoping this would come up!!! All the Gameranking scores are below - these games have generally scored pretty well.

Thanks a ton man, you've done everyone a great service. Out of curiosity, what games did you ring up that WEREN'T 9.99? It would save me a good deal of trouble.

Instead of confirmed prices for PC clearance in the title, you should change it to "confirmed titles for PC clearance". Plus it's not YMMV since these sale prices are nationwide, I believe.

There could be a shitload of other stuff... I'll definately get on it in the morning.

omg, I was at CC buying 512mb for 17$ this morning, I even looked at the box as I walked by it. Sigh!! If only I could finish Guild Wars, 80 hours into this game and it still has more for me to do. My favourite combination is 1 bottle of wine and 4 hours playing guild wars.

hmm, should I risk a DUI to go get Freedom Force ...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']yea because someone's real name is dumb:roll:

are you still in second grade?

Edit: and just because you edited your post does not make you any less of an ass[/QUOTE]

wtf.. it was a joke.. why doesn't anyone here have a sense of humor? god, just put me on your ignore list instead of whining about my posts.

And I edited my post because I got his name, not because I "wanted to make myself look like less of an ass".

[quote name='Scorch']wtf.. it was a joke.. why doesn't anyone here have a sense of humor? god, just put me on your ignore list instead of whining about my posts.

And I edited my post because I got his name, not because I "wanted to make myself look like less of an ass".[/QUOTE]

Don't Joke around here, the average poster age is 87. We all drive cadillacs, and vote republican. We lost our sense of humour when nixon was indicted, or should I say rail roaded. Those viscous democrats.

Oh!! and did you know that the Third Reich had it right!!! Have you ever seen a jew with a sense of humor!!

p.s I have seen a jew with a sense of humour, he was stealing a lollypop from a baby...

:roll: :booty: :roll:

[quote name='stoned99']Don't Joke around here, the average poster age is 87. We all drive cadillacs, and vote republican. We lost our sense of humour when nixon was indicted, or should I say rail roaded. Those viscous democrats.

Oh!! and did you know that the Third Reich had it right!!! Have you ever seen a jew with a sense of humor!!

p.s I have seen a jew with a sense of humour, he was stealing a lollypop from a baby...

:roll: :booty: :roll:[/QUOTE]

It was worth it. That lollypop was great.

[quote name='Scorch']wtf.. it was a joke.. why doesn't anyone here have a sense of humor? god, just put me on your ignore list instead of whining about my posts.

And I edited my post because I got his name, not because I "wanted to make myself look like less of an ass".[/QUOTE]

considering you have never cracked a joke or said anything funny I find it quite hard to believe it was a joke.

I checked out Tron 2.0, no dice. It was $14.99.

Titles I am curious about and will confirm tomorrow if not done already :

Full Spectrum Warrior
C&C Generals
Painkiller and the expansion (not the gold edition)

I'll update the list at the top as more are found.

[quote name='Mac-Abre']I checked out Tron 2.0, no dice. It was $14.99.

Full Spectrum Warrior
C&C Generals

I'll update the list at the top as more are found.[/QUOTE]

So you just checked Tron 2.0, and got lucky with the rest?

There's definately some stuff I have my eye on, maybe between the two of us scanning we can put together a hell of a list.

[quote name='heffaji']It was worth it. That lollypop was great.[/QUOTE]
I just died.

They closed the local CC... Damn. If I'm lucky, maybe one of the Nashville CCs will have one when I go there on Tuesday.

Well, I just grabbed a bunch of 'older' titles and took them to the register. So, yes... I guess I got lucky with Tron being the only one that wasn't. :)

[quote name='Mac-Abre']Well, I just grabbed a bunch of 'older' titles and took them to the register. So, yes... I guess I got lucky with Tron being the only one that wasn't. :)[/QUOTE]

Do you know off hand what "older" PC games your CC had available?

Usually they just have a mish mash of titles - would be nice to find something like that Morrowind set there.

Heh, I honestly can't remember. I didn't really look at the big box compilations, but when I go tomorrow I'll keep an eye out.

What's weird is that Freedom Force is only 4 months old, and it's a huge price drop going from 40 to 10 (most of the console games only went from 30 to 10).

I wonder what else could be there for 40, roughly a few months old that they want to get rid of?

Tommorrow should be fun, I just feel sorry for the employee.

stuff in store is usually the same price as it is online, so you may want to start checking there

titles that may be on clearance since absent from the site:

Morrowind
Vampire The Masquerade

[quote name='CaseyRyback']stuff in store is usually the same price as it is online, so you may want to start checking there[/QUOTE]

Tried... Evil Genius is listed 19.99, all the other games aren't in stock.

Plus the website seems way off on some games... Temple of Elemental Evil for 31.99?

[quote name='Roufuss']Tried... Evil Genius is listed 19.99, all the other games aren't in stock.

Plus the website seems way off on some games... Temple of Elemental Evil for 31.99?[/QUOTE]

guess you are right. Suprising that the website and store have different prices

[quote name='CaseyRyback']guess you are right. Suprising that the website and store have different prices[/QUOTE]

Apparently we're either the first or only thread to care about cheap PC games... google has brought up nothing on this PC clearance event.

I have a feeling there are some awesome hidden bargains to be found here.

Probably because no one knows about it, including CC. The 'clearance PC titles' can easily be missed in the ad and I talked to the sales manager AND operations manager in addition to 5 employees who could give me absolutely no help. The games I picked up were still marked with higher prices. Even FSW and R&C:GC were still marked with higher prices and they are pictured in the ad.

I'm wondering if the price break announcement or whatever didn't break at the store level because it was Sunday.

This is a scan of the ad from ericx in the CC July 3rd thread.

http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cc9gc.jpg

someone may want to check Half Life 2 if you get the chance (I probably will not get there for a couple of days unless things are really really good). They are going to have to send it back to VU in August and may want to get rid of the game to screw over Valve

Edit: and I know this is a pipedream and an extreme long shot, but one can hope:D

[/QUOTE]

If you are looking for Tron 2.0, you might want to check Big Lots, I found one there for $5.99 last week - The also had a few other decent games for that price, like Serious Sam Gold ~

Full Spectrum Warrior
C&C Generals

I'll update the list at the top as more are found.[/QUOTE]

Check Best Buy for CC Generals Zero Hour. It's listed as $9.99 on the website and has a buy 2 get 1 free offer on it.

[quote name='stoned99']Don't Joke around here, the average poster age is 87. We all drive cadillacs, and vote republican. We lost our sense of humour when nixon was indicted, or should I say rail roaded. Those viscous democrats.

:roll: :booty: :roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh, those democrats and their viscosity. That's why I use them to lubricate my engine.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Shrike picked up the full morrowind GOY for me over the weekend. Rang up $7.99 for anyone interested.[/QUOTE]

The long box with the expansions?

That's an amazing price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back