DEAD: CC 7/10 ad... PC titles for $9.99 or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying PJ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Update 7-17: It looks like this clearance is over.

[quote name='secretvampire']I'm a bit surprised that this is over, but it was good while it lasted. Kudos to CC for both of their recent $10 sales.[/QUOTE]

9.99 PC titles from CC :

CONFIRMED
Age of Empires 2 - The Conquerors - 8.99
Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology: The Titans
Bad Mojo Redux
Battlefield: Vietnam (regular version, not the Redux version)
Beyond Good and Evil
Bloodrayne - 5.99
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon - $7.99
C&C Generals
C&C Generals : Zero Hour
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut (CD version)
Civilization 3: Conquer the World
Command & Conquer 2: Red Alert - $1.38
Commandos 3 : Destination Berlin
Diablo 2
Diablo 2 Expansion: Lord of Destruction
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Dungeon Siege: Legends Of Aranna
Empires : Dawn of the Modern World - $5.99
Evil Genius
Far Cry
Freedom Fighters - $0.99
Freedom Force - $6.99
Freedom Force vs. Third Reich
Freelancer - $7.99
Full Spectrum Warrior
Ghost Master - 2.87
Ground Control II
Halo
Homeworld 2 - $5.99
LotR : War of the Ring
Lock On: Modern Air Combat
Knights of the Old Republic
Morrowind - $4.99
Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - $7.99
Need for Speed : Underground
Neverwinter Nights - Shadows of Undrentide
Painkiller (regular version, not the gold version)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Rainbow Six 3 Athena Sword Expansion Pack - $1.99
Rise of Nations
Rise of Nations : Thrones and Patriots (Rise of Nations Gold might be $20 if you can't find RoN and the expansion pack)
Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow
Spongebob the Movie
Star Wars: Battlefront
Thief : Deadly Shadows
Throne of Darkness - 0.84
Tomb Raider - Angel of Darkness : 5.99
Trainz Railroad Simulator Deluxe Edition
Tribes: Vengence
Tron 2.0
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War

Well, crap, I just bought a ton of $10 console games, and now there are 9 titles here I want...

Argh, thanks a lot. *hopes my CC is sold out of most games so I won't lose all my monies*

Okay, compiling... there seem to be some discrepancies with Painkiller, LotR :BfME, Battlefield:Vietnam, C&C:Generals... they were all over $9.99 at my store. I could not find Morrowind GOY or another Freedom Force.

Painkiller Gold is not $9.99.

Here are other titles I found for $9.99 :

Beyond Good and Evil
Rise of Nations
Rise of Nations : Thrones and Patriots
Full Spectrum Warrior
Chronicles of Riddick : Director's Cut

I also picked up C&C : Red Alert 2 for $1.38. :lol:

If I can have edit rights back, I'll clean up the main post and update. :)

Oh my God! Battle for Middle Earth is $10?! Even if my computer runs it slow, it will be worth it to have it just in case I ever get a new one. You can't get much better than $10, even in a few years. This is seriously my all time favorite PC game of all time (note that I'm a huge LotR fanboy). I just hope my CC has it by the time I get there...

[quote name='secretvampire']WTF??? I was just at my local CC and the CD edition of Battle for Middle Earth rang up $31.99. What gives?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there have been a little YMMV-ishness to this sale.

[quote name='Mac-Abre']Okay, compiling... there seem to be some discrepancies with Painkiller, LotR :BfME, Battlefield:Vietnam, C&C:Generals... they were all over $9.99 at my store. I could not find Morrowind GOY or another Freedom Force.

Beyond Good and Evil
Rise of Nations
Full Spectrum Warrior

If I can have edit rights back, I'll clean up the main post and update. :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, that was me doing a bad merge on the two threads. :|

If you can copy & paste it on another post, I'll put it into the OP.

Yeah, there have been a little YMMV-ishness to this sale.

Which is really weird because CC is usually one of those places where if one store has it ringing up for a certain price on the computer, they all do. Maybe they did something manually at the other poster's location.

[quote name='Mac-Abre']Okay, compiling... there seem to be some discrepancies with Painkiller, LotR :BfME, Battlefield:Vietnam, C&C:Generals... they were all over $9.99 at my store. I could not find Morrowind GOY or another Freedom Force.

Beyond Good and Evil
Rise of Nations
Full Spectrum Warrior

If I can have edit rights back, I'll clean up the main post and update. :)[/QUOTE]

What about the Rise of Nations: Gold Edition? Getting both versions together is really only saving you roughly 5 - 10 dollars over the Gold edition, not that great a deal.

Update thread compiled for main page :

9.99 PC titles from CC :

Age of Mythology
Age of Mythology: The Titans
Beyond Good and Evil
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - DC
Civ 3: Conquer the World
Commandos 3 : Dest. Berlin
Empires : Dawn of the Modern World - $5.99
Evil Genius
Far Cry
Full Spectrum Warrior
Ground Control II
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (CD version only)
Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - $7.99
Rise of Nations
Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow
Trainz Railroad Simulator Deluxe Edition
Tribes: Vengence

YMMV on these titles, there have been discrepancies :

Battlefield: Vietnam
C&C Generals
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth
Painkiller

Roufuss, I didn't check on the gold edition of RoN. Please check, and I'll return these two if it ends up being cheaper. Stupid me.

I came back from CC again. I ended up getting:

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
Doom 3: RoE
FarCry
Morrowind: GOY ($7.99)

I also tried to get LotR: BfME, but it rang $31.99.

This was in Houston, TX, btw.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone can find an extra long box Morrowind GOTY edition for 7.99 (game with 2 expansions), I'm more than willing to buy it off of you - shipping shouldn't be a problem since I just needs the cd's and the manuals.

Thanks a ton.[/QUOTE]

I'll throw this out there again, in case anybody runs across an extra.

Is there a trade thread started for this yet? I would love to get my hands on a Morrowind. I think I'll start one. :)

[quote name='Mac-Abre']

Roufuss, I didn't check on the gold edition of RoN. Please check, and I'll return these two if it ends up being cheaper. Stupid me.[/QUOTE]

np... doubt it though, since they are trying to clean out the singular versions of these games.

Which sucks, since I can get the Gold Edition for 24.99, so getting both together for 20 isn't so great =/

[quote name='Mac-Abre']Update thread compiled for main page :

YMMV on these titles, there have been discrepancies :

Battlefield: Vietnam
C&C Generals
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth
Painkiller

[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's any YMMV on Painkiller at this point. The regular version is $9.99 (confirmed by me). The Gold Edition is not $9.99 (as confirmed by you). So if we list it as "Painkiller (not the Gold Edition)", I think we're clear there.

I also strongly suspect the discrepancy on Battlefield Vietnam has to do with the regular version versus the Redux version. When the Admiral confirmed it at $9.99, he distinctly mentioned it was not the Redux version. Unfortunately, this little tidbit didn't get transferred to the OP when they compiled the list, hence the reason for the confusion. At least that's my theory.

-DM

No, I checked Painkiller regular edition and BF : Viet regular as well and both came up $19.99.

I was looking at the discrepancies and it seems like us in the south are getting screwed, or at least us in Texas, so maybe it's just us hicks. :hot:

[quote name='Mac-Abre']No, I checked Painkiller regular edition and BF : Viet regular as well and both came up $19.99.

I was looking at the discrepancies and it seems like us in the south are getting screwed, or at least us in Texas, so maybe it's just us hicks. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I guess these really are YMMV. I'll try BF Vietnam tonight as well as some others.

-DM

[quote name='D. Monic']Bummer. I guess these really are YMMV. I'll try BF Vietnam tonight as well as some others.

-DM[/QUOTE]

It seems weird they would be... why keep Painkiller around when people could just buy Painkiller Gold, for instance.

Circuit City dosen't seem to know wtf is going on with their own sale, as usual.

Got back from CC.

$9.99 games

Doom 3 exp
evil genius
pain killer (non-gold)

and also got

freedom fighters which was .99.

non $9.99 games

moh: pacific cd
moh: pacfic dvd
BfME cd and dvd
painkiller gold

I'm thinking we might nix Battle for Middle earth--I just made the trek up there and lo and behold it rang up as 31.99 like about 5 others have noted. And yes, this was the CD version.

I did manage to get the last copy of Freedom Force Vs. 3rd Reich at 9.99 though.

When I was at CC this morning, Rise Of Nations Gold was sitting on the shelf with a $19.99 price tag on it.

Might want to look for that instead of the two seperate games, since you're spending the same money in any case.

Now you probably won't believe this, but the selection at my CC was nil and the employees were ignorant. Asking for the $9.99 clearance, he sent me to the endcap with the "$5.99 or 3 for $10" games (where you'll find the first Freedom Force). But nothing else I wanted (FFvsTTR, SC:pT or the CD version of BfME) were in the shelves anywhere else (just the DVD version), so its pretty bare as usual. Might have to order online if I can force myself to get my credit card out.

Remembered I can't even try to PM Metroid Prime 2 there anyway, they've never had it in stock that I can recall.

Overall, bad for gaming, good for my wallet.

Edit: Eh... don't wanna pay shipping for just Third Reich, nothing else to buy online. Ah well, guess I'll pass on this one.

[quote name='Roufuss']Has anyone spotted the Painkiller expansion at CC?

I'm starting to think they didn't carry it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it when I was there earlier today, but I'm about to head to CC again in twenty minutes or so. I'll look for it again, actually checking behind other boxes and such.

Here are a few of the games I'm going to specifically ring up this time:

Rise of Nations Gold
Battle for Middle Earth (CD and DVD)
Battlefield Vietnam
Code of Honor: United Offens.
MOH: Pacific Assault DVD
C&C Generals

Any other requests? I'll check back before I leave.

-DM

[quote name='D. Monic']I didn't see it when I was there earlier today, but I'm about to head to CC again in twenty minutes or so. I'll look for it again, actually checking behind other boxes and such.

Here are a few of the games I'm going to specifically ring up this time:

Rise of Nations Gold
Battle for Middle Earth (CD and DVD)
Battlefield Vietnam
Code of Honor: United Offens.
C&C Generals

Any other requests? I'll check back before I leave.

-DM[/QUOTE]

Do KOTOR 2, just for fun.

I just got back from two Circuit City on my way home from school and these are the titles that rang up at $9.99:

C&C Generals
Diablo 2
Full Spectrum Warrior
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

[quote name='Si1veR']I just got back from two Circuit City on my way home from school and these are the titles that rang up at $9.99:

C&C Generals
Diablo 2
Full Spectrum Warrior
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic[/QUOTE]

thanks. I guess I found the title I am going to get when I go (was Doom 3:RoE until KOTOR got put on the list)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']thanks. I guess I found the title I am going to get when I go (was Doom 3:RoE until KOTOR got put on the list)[/QUOTE]

You know that's more than likely KOTOR 1, right?

[quote name='Roufuss']You know that's more than likely KOTOR 1, right?[/QUOTE]

yep. I have been wanting the PC version of the first game.

I know it can be a little hard to pick promissing games based on titles alone, so I gave a little info on those I played. You really can't go wrong for $10.

Age of Mythology - Great RTS
Age of Mythology: The Titans - Frickin great RTS xpac

Beyond Good and Evil - I didn't like it much, but most people do. Adventure
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil - Awesome FPS
Evil Genius - Original and funny RTS. Get it.
Far Cry - Beautiful game and fun FPS, even though its a bit bland with the story.
Freedom Force - $6.99 - I hated it... but others liked it. RTS/RPG
Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - $7.99 - Its sheer size is a strong and weak point. Interesting places are far apart and not much to see in between. RPG
Rise of Nations - Sweet RTS.
Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow - More of the same, not bad, but not ground breaking. Stealth
Star Wars: Battlefront - You bent my wookie!... and my storm trooper... and my x-wing... If you like starwars or FPS, get this game.
Thief : Deadly Shadows - Steal/action game where you avoid action at all costs. They though about going with "Theif: I think I'll take a nap while I wait for this guard to turn around" but it was a bit verbose...
Tribes: Vengence - A decent shooter with a mediocre story that gets trite half way though.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Totally fucking awesome RTS. Even if you don't know what the hell Warhammer is, get this!

Not to mention Dawn of War possibly won't ever be this cheap again... CC is just clearing out the old copies to make way for the GOTY edition (which more than likely won't add anything you can't download anyways) which will be 29.99

Thanks OP! I just picked up:
Tribes Vengeance
Battlefield Vietnam (the regular version, not the Redux version)
Chronicles of Riddick
Painkiller (regular version, not the gold version)
Star Wars Battlefront
Farcry
Tron 2.0

As you can see, I like FPSes :) Also, somebody make sure to add Tron 2.0 to the list in the original post.

I'm glad I was able to help, this was my first real contribution to the site. I just wish I could pick up some of these titles that others are getting. I even called again to verify on Painkiller and BF:Vietnam. I'll try again at the end of the week... :cry:

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - DC
Evil Genius

i can pick up one of these if someone else picks me up Freedom Force vs. Third Reich (this is the only game that i really want out of the whole sale)...i've been debating on warhammer & evil genius for a long time, but i'm probably not gonna pick them up unless they are like 5 bucks b/c i dont see me playing them EVER...i always have something else to play...sooo....all i want is FF vs 3rd Reich :) PM me if you can do this...thanks :)

thanks

[quote name='swetooth9']
i can pick up one of these if someone else picks me up Freedom Force vs. Third Reich (this is the only game that i really want out of the whole sale)...i've been debating on warhammer & evil genius for a long time, but i'm probably not gonna pick them up unless they are like 5 bucks b/c i dont see me playing them EVER...i always have something else to play...sooo....all i want is FF vs 3rd Reich :) PM me if you can do this...thanks :)

[/QUOTE]

A word of advice... you'll never see Dawn of War go 5, or cheaper than 10, for that matter.

This is one of those once in a lifetime deals that'll never come by again.

I picked up Freedom Force vs Third Reich and Commandos 3 today.

I might go back for Dawn of War as they had more than a few copies of that as well.

Yes! I scored a Morrowind at a different location. A little further out, but at that price good deal. Unfortunately, there was only one copy... I asked for others.

[quote name='Roufuss']A word of advice... you'll never see Dawn of War go 5, or cheaper than 10, for that matter.

This is one of those once in a lifetime deals that'll never come by again.[/QUOTE]

yea, i'm pretty sure of that, but i dont see me playing it much...i mean...i haven't even touched my warcraft 3 game since i got it in a trade...

[quote name='Mac-Abre']Yes! I scored a Morrowind at a different location. A little further out, but at that price good deal. Unfortunately, there was only one copy... I asked for others.[/QUOTE]

Lucky... I've given all hope on finding it, and the next closest CC's (about 20 miles away) just give me BS over the phone.

Argh. =( I'd hoped for Morrowind: GOTY and Tribes: Vengence - but not dice. Does anybody have a link to that price on the webpage, so that maybe I could price match them somewhere?

Tribes is $20 on their website and Morrowind is nowhere to be found.

Oh - and Battle For Middle Earth was $31 at mine.

Rang up a bunch of stuff on my second trip.

Regular Price:
Rise of Nations Gold
Battle for Middle Earth
Code of Honor: United Offensive (bummer!)
KOTOR 2
Doom 3 (main game, not the expansion)
World of Warcraft (hey, worth a shot)
Painkiller Gold

Rang up cheap (I don't think these have been mentioned yet):
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
Spongebob The Movie

Otherwise, all the other things that rang up cheap have been already mentioned.

-DM

battle for middle earth was $37 where i went, and so was painkiller.
ended up purchasing doom3 xpansion pk and warhammer (got the last copy)

[quote name='D. Monic']Rang up a bunch of stuff on my second trip.

Regular Price:
Rise of Nations Gold
Battle for Middle Earth
Code of Honor: United Offensive (bummer!)
KOTOR 2
Doom 3 (main game, not the expansion)
World of Warcraft (hey, worth a shot)
Painkiller Gold

Rang up cheap (I don't think these have been mentioned yet):
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
Spongebob The Movie

Otherwise, all the other things that rang up cheap have been already mentioned.

-DM[/QUOTE]

How much was RoN Gold, out of curiosity?

Shrike said it was tagged 19.99 when he went today.

Just came back with:

Chronicles of Riddick (CD Rom version)
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Doom 3: Resurection of Evil

all $9.99 each

CD-Rom version of Battle for Middle Earth was $31.99 at my store store, was hoping to get this.

The employee that I asked to price check was a little shocked and asked me if I knew of any of the other sale games, since all of them had $29.99+ tags on them.

I'm happy thanks to the OP and everyone in this thread that listed games :D

[quote name='Roufuss']How much was RoN Gold, out of curiosity?

Shrike said it was tagged 19.99 when he went today.[/QUOTE]

Shrike went to two different CC's and found it tagged at $29.99. :whistle2:s Very confusing.

Through all three of my CC trips today, I netted the following:

Rise Of Nations
Rise Of Nations: Thrones & Patriots
Age Of Mythology
Age Of Mythology: The Titans Expansion
Evil Genius
Warhammer 40K: Dawn Of War
Ground Control II: Operation Exodus
Painkiller
Far Cry
Freedom Force - $5.99 (rang out at $9.99, had a sticker on it saying 3 for $10 or $5.99 each)
Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich

Denied on the following:

MOH: Pacific Assualt - scanned @ $24.99
LOTR: Battle For Middle Earth - scanned @ $31.99
Pirates - scanned @ $49.99
Axis & Allies - scanned @ $29.99

Found what I was looking for, and a few more, though LOTR:BfME would've been a very nice score, though no such luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back