[Dead]DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% off sale, NOW through 6/25

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Well, that was a lot of fun. I spent too much, as I'm sure many other CAGs did as well. I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. :applause:

See you all at the Winter sale. :wave:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6/16-6/25

20% off applies to currently available DVDs, UMD movies, and storage accessories. Preorders and Videogames are excluded.

Confirmed codes are in Dark Orange.
Unconfirmed codes are in Yellow Green.
Invalid Codes are in Red.

Valid Codes:
USWEEKLY
USATODAY
DVDTALK
SUPERSALE
GE
ESPN
SPIKE
KLSX
PRICESEARCH
BARGAINFLIX
WCKG
google
DVDL617
YAHOO

Invalid codes (only keeping them listed in case they come alive later. Unlikely, but possible):

DEEPDISCOUNT
DVDSALE
SUMMERSALE

Please post if you use the unconfirmed codes, and I will change them to the confirmed color.

Thanks to Sulaco22, whotony at DVDTalk, princessducky at DVDTalk, Jack, and others for providing and confirming codes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gkleinman, founder of DVDTalk, will provide details at midnight tonight (6/16). I will update this topic as more information develops. Odds are that it is this weekend, but I don't know for certain. Sorry to jump the gun and post with so little information, but I know not everyone here reads DVDTalk, and I wanted to provide a heads-up.

Anyone interested in the sale should prepare their wishlist as soon as possible. DDD slows down considerably during these sales (at least, it has in the past), so it is best to have a list of what you want before it starts.

Link to thread at DVDTalk

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']:lol: Thank you, but I just figured it out. I never had the time or cared enough before to make the time to put 'em in subfolders. You made me care...damn you!.[/QUOTE]

Well actually I think it was me;) I mean, I was the one that brought up the whole issue, and everybody else sort of just pestered you with it.:D

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Mutha fuckin' tizight. :cool:

If it were me I'd have seperate folders for every letter and one for #s. That's how I arrange my music files. I don't have that many dvds though, so for now my divisions are fine. :lol:[/QUOTE]

let's act as if it were you...'cause i just changed the whole goddamn thing around to what you suggested...i thought about it before, but didn't feel like clicking 1300+ boxes and creating 27 different folders :lol:

someone better not come up with a better idea, my goddamn clicker-finger is swollen :x

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Well actually I think it was me;) I mean, I was the one that brought up the whole issue, and everybody else sort of just pestered you with it.:D[/QUOTE]

actually, you're right...it was you ;)

congratulations, you just made judy cry :lol:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']:applause:[/QUOTE]

Agreed Bravo:applause: I can fully understand that DDD is extremely busy. Just go to FW, SD.net, and the big one, DVDTalk to see how big the threads are over there and how much people ordered. So far I'm fine with just having my first order. Gives me plenty to watch. Only thing is, is that I need the first two items from my second order that shipped kind of quick because they're not mine, and I don't like having things in my possession that aren't/should be mine. The rest can take its time really.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']let's act as if it were you...'cause i just changed the whole goddamn thing around to what you suggested...i thought about it before, but didn't feel like clicking 1300+ boxes and creating 27 different folders :lol:

someone better not come up with a better idea, my goddamn clicker-finger is swollen :x[/QUOTE]

Well, if you want to know how I do mine at the moment, it's something like this:

Anime
US Animated (in the works at the moment
Bonus Free Discs
TV - Nonanimated
Box Sets (thinking of doing this one now)

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']actually, you're right...it was you ;)

congratulations, you just made judy cry :lol:[/QUOTE]
:cry:

Well, at least w/sub's method, it should be a long time before you fill up any of those subfolders. (And don't take that as a challenge.)

And my last (backordered) item, Deadwood, shipped on Tuesday. *yay*

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Well, if you want to know how I do mine at the moment, it's something like this:

Anime
Bonus Free Discs
TV - Nonanimated
Box Sets (thinking of doing this one now)[/QUOTE]

I will not give into your ways of sorting. SO LEAVE ME ALONE! :lol:

seriously, i have one complaint with DVDAF...well maybe two

first, stuff like that Dune Special Edition isn't sorted starting with an "D"....it's starting with an "F"...as in "Frank Herbert's Dune"...i don't give a shit who's Dune it is, it's mine now!

second, they don't have a couple of my dvds in their system...i've submitted new titles for them a loonnnngggggg time ago, but nothing ever came of it

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']:cry:

Well, at least w/sub's method, it should be a long time before you fill up any of those subfolders. (And don't take that as a challenge.)

And my last (backordered) item, Deadwood, shipped on Tuesday. *yay*[/QUOTE]

that's what i was thinking...though i might just have to look into that challenge :lol:

have you seen Deadwood before? i never have...and not that Deadwood has anything to do with Carnivale, but I bought them both from this sale and watched Carnivale first...it completely sucked...well, maybe not completely....but i'd say only about 5 minutes of each episode weren't claw-my-eyes-out boring....the ending did kind of make me wanna see what happens next, but i'm not too convinced that it'll be worth it

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']I will not give into your ways of sorting. SO LEAVE ME ALONE! :lol:

first, stuff like that Dune Special Edition isn't sorted starting with an "D"....it's starting with an "F"...as in "Frank Herbert's Dune"...i don't give a shit who's Dune it is, it's mine now!

second, they don't have a couple of my dvds in their system...i've submitted new titles for them a loonnnngggggg time ago, but nothing ever came of it[/QUOTE]

The Dune/Frank Herbert's Dune thing would annoy me, too. I haven't played around on dvdaficionado much (I only have 8 titles listed, and I assure you, I have more dvds than that), but I am planning to start using it more.

As for your second point, to be fair, they'd probably need bigger servers to list all of your dvds ;)

[quote name='guessed']The Dune/Frank Herbert's Dune thing would annoy me, too. I haven't played around on dvdaficionado much (I only have 8 titles listed, and I assure you, I have more dvds than that), but I am planning to start using it more.

As for your second point, to be fair, they'd probably need bigger servers to list all of your dvds ;)[/QUOTE]

yeah, i used to keep all of my titles alphabetically listed in my Quattro Pro program....then i came across dvdaficionado (from someone on here) and copied & pasted 300 at a time in their "quick import" feature...it was pretty easy...though i don't know what i'd do if dvdaficionado ever just closed down one day

and come 2 more DDD sales, they BETTER start upgrading their servers :lol:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']I will not give into your ways of sorting. SO LEAVE ME ALONE! :lol:

second, they don't have a couple of my dvds in their system...i've submitted new titles for them a loonnnngggggg time ago, but nothing ever came of it[/QUOTE]

I have the same dilemmas with DVDAF. I have tried doing various searches for movies I have, and a lot of them don't come up, or the version that i have. Some versions I have are just the $1.00 store ones (some actually are full actual DVDs with hard cases and everything, and I have found listings for them at other sites), but it's just a no go on DVDAF. Other than that it's just weird how they do searches. I mean, say for instance you're doing a search for Rambo right. Well, Only the Rambo complete collection and Rambos 2 and 3 come with that search. No Rambo 1. Turns out that Rambo 1 in their database is actually First Blood: Rambo. Bullshit IMO, each one is called Rambo.

I also don't like how on their site you have to do individual searches per DVD. I wish there was just a way where I could just do a giant vague search like on IGN's collection database. On IGN I can just put, RPGs/PS2 and it'll bring me up a ton of RPGs for the PS2 that I can just select and add to my collection. Here I go one by one and it's really tiring and more of a chore than anything.

And I too have submitted titles, but nothing. Very weird.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']have you seen Deadwood before? i never have...and not that Deadwood has anything to do with Carnivale, but I bought them both from this sale and watched Carnivale first...it completely sucked...well, maybe not completely....but i'd say only about 5 minutes of each episode weren't claw-my-eyes-out boring....the ending did kind of make me wanna see what happens next, but i'm not too convinced that it'll be worth it[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen Carnivale, but Deadwood is definitely a good show. I was trying really hard not buy the DVD set, since my friend was letting borrow it just a couple weeks ago. But the show is really funny (even with the overhyped vulgarity), and like a lot of HBO shows, it's really character-centric. Ian McShane alone is worth the DVD set. (The commentary on the last episode with Ian McShane and Tim Olyphant is HILARIOUS.) Plot-wise, it's not as strong as The Wire (that first season... the story, wow), but I think in terms of characters it's up to par to The Wire. And it doesn't have any weird magical stuff, like I heard about Carnivale. It's supposed to be a somewhat realistic fictional interpretation of the actual Deadwood.

And I think you'll never see the ending of Carnivale because it was cancelled before it could resolve... whatever it was. So maybe it's a good thing you're not that into it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I was looking at TSD's collection and who knew that The Faculty was directed by Robert Rodriguez. I hadn't known that.[/QUOTE]

i knew my collection would help somebody out...it was just a matter of time :D

my order arrived today...but I paid for the shipping. Years ago when I first found DDD, free shipping would only take about five days. Recently, it takes the 10 days to arrive.

Either way, I've never had a problem with them. If your orders aren't arriving, give them atleast 10 business days before causing a stink.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I haven't seen Carnivale, but Deadwood is definitely a good show. I was trying really hard not buy the DVD set, since my friend was letting borrow it just a couple weeks ago. But the show is really funny (even with the overhyped vulgarity), and like a lot of HBO shows, it's really character-centric. Ian McShane alone is worth the DVD set. (The commentary on the last episode with Ian McShane and Tim Olyphant is HILARIOUS.) Plot-wise, it's not as strong as The Wire (that first season... the story, wow), but I think in terms of characters it's up to par to The Wire. And it doesn't have any weird magical stuff, like I heard about Carnivale. It's supposed to be a somewhat realistic fictional interpretation of the actual Deadwood.

And I think you'll never see the ending of Carnivale because it was cancelled before it could resolve... whatever it was. So maybe it's a good thing you're not that into it.[/QUOTE]

the vulgarity will actually probably turn me onto the show...because, well...i'm an immature vulgar bastard, that's why :lol:

i couldn't agree with you more on The Wire...not to mention the fact that it's filmed in Baltimore, where I'm from...before I purchased the Wire s1 a while back, I had just ate at this one pit-beef stand...then i go and watch the Wire a couple days later and all of the bad guys are eating at that same pit-beef stand...it was pretty cool...or i'm just a dork

yeah, Carnivale did have a lot of magical stuff in it....a lot of stupid magical stuff...some of the stuff was cool, but it either wasn't used enough or just wasn't used in a way to excite you....i'm actually glad that Carnivale was canned...now i won't even have to think about buying something that'll probably be a big waste of my time and money

thx for the reply, you're really making me look forward to watching Deadwood...i just have to pull myself away from here long enough so i can finish Oz s5 first

[quote name='terribledeli']my order arrived today...but I paid for the shipping. Years ago when I first found DDD, free shipping would only take about five days. Recently, it takes the 10 days to arrive.

Either way, I've never had a problem with them. If your orders aren't arriving, give them atleast 10 business days before causing a stink.[/QUOTE]

the time it takes for free shipping just depends on how many orders they're dealing with...which is a result to what was just released, what sale they have going on & what time of the year it is

could you imagine the poor bastard mailmen who have to go to DDD & pick up all of the orders? i'm sure some of them strategically take their vacation time right around the middle of june & november :lol:

I was just wondering this TSD, as it seems like you have nearly every DVD out there, do you ever rent movies? I mean I rent tons (love the free trials to Netflix/BBO/Hollywood Video coupons) and then there are those movies at my library. I also borrow from friends and buy cheap movies at the dollar store to tide me over.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I was just wondering this TSD, as it seems like you have nearly every DVD out there, do you ever rent movies? I mean I rent tons (love the free trials to Netflix/BBO/Hollywood Video coupons) and then there are those movies at my library. I also borrow from friends and buy cheap movies at the dollar store to tide me over.[/QUOTE]

nah, i never rent anything....seeing how my taste in Movies/Games (and music) is so widespread, i wouldn't want to chance wasting $2-$3 or so on a rental that could've potentially went to the buying of the movie or game

but i will borrow a dvd from my brother from time to time...that's only if it's something he says completely sucks and i should watch his first before buying it...or if it's something that he says is completely awesome that i strongly doubt him on...but as of late, he's been too busy borrowing my dvds to even think about buying something for himself for me to borrow....i really am thinking about charging him a dollar rental fee :lol: seriously

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']let's act as if it were you...'cause i just changed the whole goddamn thing around to what you suggested...i thought about it before, but didn't feel like clicking 1300+ boxes and creating 27 different folders :lol:

someone better not come up with a better idea, my goddamn clicker-finger is swollen :x[/QUOTE]

:cool: Sorry about your finger. :lol:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Well, if you want to know how I do mine at the moment, it's something like this:

Anime
Bonus Free Discs
TV - Nonanimated
Box Sets (thinking of doing this one now)[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much how mine is set up (did you steal it from me? :lol: ) except I have a "Music" folder. :cool:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i knew my collection would help somebody out...it was just a matter of time :D[/QUOTE]

Your collection helped me, too. I don't have my DVDs with me at work :(, so I used your collection to help me get started listing my collection at dvdaficionado. It is still very incomplete, since I have some things you don't (believe it or not), and since I left off anything I wasn't positive I had or I wasn't sure which version I had. Still, I just went from 8 to 321 dvds listed, so thanks.

If anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?id=guessed

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']:cool: Sorry about your finger. :lol:

That's pretty much how mine is set up (did you steal it from me? :lol: ) except I have a "Music" folder. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I might have tooken a looksie at your collection;) I liked how you had them arranged so I kind of "copied" your "suggestion"/ how you had them. I still could list all of my DVDs in one folder, but I felt I needed them to be better organized. Thanks :D

I just divided mine alphabetically, while keeping the previously existing folders. I now have 380 dvds in 32 folders with 30 on order. Only "QQQ" and ZZZ" empty. :lol:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']nah, i never rent anything....seeing how my taste in Movies/Games (and music) is so widespread, i wouldn't want to chance wasting $2-$3 or so on a rental that could've potentially went to the buying of the movie or game

but i will borrow a dvd from my brother from time to time...that's only if it's something he says completely sucks and i should watch his first before buying it...or if it's something that he says is completely awesome that i strongly doubt him on...but as of late, he's been too busy borrowing my dvds to even think about buying something for himself for me to borrow....i really am thinking about charging him a dollar rental fee :lol: seriously[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean. most of my renting comes from those trials and my signing up for Hollywood Video for their MVP thing. I rent every other day or so, so they really don't make any money off of me in the end. Something like 20 cents in month I've calculated. A lot of the time the reason I rent is that I'm unsure if a movie/DVD is truly worth the purchase. If it is, then woo hoo. That's what I have apart of my wish list on DVDAF. I have my wishlist split into Wishlist/Movies to Rent and Wishlist/DVDs to Buy, and then my regular wishlist of DVDs I'm unsure of.

[quote name='evilmax17']Well, everything has shipped so far except for The Tick (live action). I'm getting worried that they won't be able to fulfill that one...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DDD']We thought you would like to know...

The item(s) listed below shipped today.[/quote]
Spoon!

Got my main order yesterday, Hopefully my last item that was backordered but shipped 2 days later will get here soon.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']No.

I bought that from Overstock when it was on sale for $5. It still wasn't worth it. The picture quality is so horrible, the encoding was done so poorly, it's nearly unwatchable.[/QUOTE]

Absolutley agree with you on that. Also stay away from the others in their "series" of "50 Greatest" DVD packages.

But if you want to take a chance check around FW and DVDTalk, these things go on clearance $5 occassionally.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Few more of my items shipped, now I'm jsut waiting for Ichi the Killer Episode 0 and Big O CE to ship.[/QUOTE]

I'm just waiting on my Big O II and Yu Yu Hakusho to ship. The rest from my last order has already and I'm just waiting for it.

I decided in the end that it wasn't worth going through all the hassle of calling of DDD, having them cancel it, going to BB, fighting with BB, giving BB money, and the like. Besides, DDD has been good to me (us) so it doesn't bother me if I give them a couple extra dollars (after tax, that's how much it would have been, not including the gas it would have taken me to drive there).

Woo! it must have come later in the day and I must have forgotten to check my e-mail, but Big O II has shipped! All that's left is Hakusho to ship and for my other orders to arribe, and I'm gold and it's off till the next sale with my ever expanding wishlist.

I'm still waiting for the rest of Evangelion Platinum to arrive. Since the last four dvds were backordered, they're arriving in 3 different shipments.

I'm still waiting for my Big O CE and Ichi episode Zero to ship, and for my two shipments to arrive. hopefully i'll get at least one of them tuesday.

I got my second order before my first order. WTF? It's been 9 business days and I haven't gotten anything. I emailed DDD and they told me it can take up to 15 days. First they tell me it will take 10 days max now they change their story and say its 15 days. I'm starting to not like these people.

[quote name='Scrubking']I got my second order before my first order. WTF? It's been 9 business days and I haven't gotten anything. I emailed DDD and they told me it can take up to 15 days. First they tell me it will take 10 days max now they change their story and say its 15 days. I'm starting to not like these people.[/QUOTE]

ARG again, once it leaves the warehouse, IT'S NOT THEIR PROBLEM. The one's taking so long is the USPS.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']ARG again, once it leaves the warehouse, IT'S NOT THEIR PROBLEM. The one's taking so long is the USPS.[/QUOTE]
My first shipment came via UPS. Do they use both UPS and USPS?

[quote name='Danimal']My first shipment came via UPS. Do they use both UPS and USPS?[/QUOTE]

I think they only use UPS for larger orders (at least w/ free shipping).

Just checked my mail now and I must have recieved a box on Saturday. This is proably my friend's Blue Streak that he ordered and both of our Da Ali G Show. I'll wait to open it up, since my second order was shipped so staggered and nearly all of the rest of it should be coming in within the next few days. Only thing that hasn't shipped is my Yu Yu Hakusho DVD.

Just checked my mail now and I must have recieved a box on Saturday. This is proably my friend's Blue Streak that he ordered and both of our Da Ali G Show. I'll wait to open it up, since my second order was shipped so staggered and nearly all of the rest of it should be coming in within the next few days. Only thing that hasn't shipped is my Yu Yu Hakusho DVD.

bread's done
Back