[Dead]DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% off sale, NOW through 6/25

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Well, that was a lot of fun. I spent too much, as I'm sure many other CAGs did as well. I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. :applause:

See you all at the Winter sale. :wave:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6/16-6/25

20% off applies to currently available DVDs, UMD movies, and storage accessories. Preorders and Videogames are excluded.

Confirmed codes are in Dark Orange.
Unconfirmed codes are in Yellow Green.
Invalid Codes are in Red.

Valid Codes:
USWEEKLY
USATODAY
DVDTALK
SUPERSALE
GE
ESPN
SPIKE
KLSX
PRICESEARCH
BARGAINFLIX
WCKG
google
DVDL617
YAHOO

Invalid codes (only keeping them listed in case they come alive later. Unlikely, but possible):

DEEPDISCOUNT
DVDSALE
SUMMERSALE

Please post if you use the unconfirmed codes, and I will change them to the confirmed color.

Thanks to Sulaco22, whotony at DVDTalk, princessducky at DVDTalk, Jack, and others for providing and confirming codes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gkleinman, founder of DVDTalk, will provide details at midnight tonight (6/16). I will update this topic as more information develops. Odds are that it is this weekend, but I don't know for certain. Sorry to jump the gun and post with so little information, but I know not everyone here reads DVDTalk, and I wanted to provide a heads-up.

Anyone interested in the sale should prepare their wishlist as soon as possible. DDD slows down considerably during these sales (at least, it has in the past), so it is best to have a list of what you want before it starts.

Link to thread at DVDTalk

[quote name='BustaUppa']And since I'm already wasting people's time I may as well ask another... what exactly is the "Criterion Collection" and why are those DVDs so sought after? I came across a few of those when browsing DDD and I noticed a lot of people here talking about them. They looked sort of like deluxe editions of a bunch of unrelated movies from what I could tell.[/QUOTE]

Criterion dvds are known for excellent transfers and top notch bonus features. They are usually foreign or art films as opposed to Hollywood blockbusters, but some drivel makes it into the collection every once in a while. The royal treatment comes at a price, though, as they are usually at least twice the price of their barebones counterparts.

[quote name='guessed']They are usually foreign or art films as opposed to Hollywood blockbusters, but some drivel makes it into the collection every once in a while.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out how Armageddon got in there.

Criterions are even more expensive when they go OOP. I've been trying to get Hard Boiled and The Killer, but each will cost upwards of 70 bucks now.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Criterions are even more expensive when they go OOP. I've been trying to get Hard Boiled and The Killer, but each will cost upwards of 70 bucks now.[/QUOTE]

If you were to ask me I'd tell you that neither one of those movies are all that good. But you didn't. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']If you were to ask me I'd tell you that neither one of those movies are all that good. But you didn't. :lol:[/QUOTE]

And I also wouldn't give a shit seeing as how I've seen both and think they rock. I just can't see spending over 50 for a single dvd with no real special extras.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']If you were to ask me I'd tell you that neither one of those movies are all that good. But you didn't. :lol:[/QUOTE]
How dare you! Hard-Boiled is one of my favorite movies of all time... though I can't say the Criterion DVD was all that fantastic.

Hard-Boiled is definitely the better of the two, but it's still not a "good" movie. It's somewhat enjoyable once in a while, but it's definitely not worth the price of the criterion version.

This would be a great deal....

....but I already downloaded Xena and Trek-Voyager off the internet for free. (shrug) Oh well.

troy

Hmm, shipping IS taking somewhat long. DDD says my first order shipped on 6/20 (a full week ago) and it has yet to arrive.

Not complaining, just observing... I love this site :)

[quote name='BustaUppa']Hmm, shipping IS taking somewhat long. DDD says my first order shipped on 6/20 (a full week ago) and it has yet to arrive.

Not complaining, just observing... I love this site :)[/QUOTE]

Mine isnt taking long, but it is weird. My first order shipped on the 22nd, and nothing.
My second order shipped on the 23rd and I got it today. So, a little strange. The second order was larger as well.
I also received two ebay orders in the mail today, so it was pretty fun to come home from work.

goddamn...my first huge order showed up within a few days of ordering it....but my other orders shipped right away and are taking FOREVER....at least compared to the first order....i know it'll show up tomorrow or so, but i'm having trouble waiting...

All of my DVDs came in yesterday, even Rashomon which i ordered three days after my intial purchase. everything came in great except my LORT trilogy which had a messed up box. i think i'm going to send it back for a new one. all in all though, i was extremely happy with this sale.

[quote name='FuzTurtle']Sadly this this is the one they forgot in my order! :cry:[/QUOTE]

This is weird. I got the missing dvd from my 1st order today and it was shipped after my 2nd order. Still waiting on that 2nd order. :bouncy:

The following have arrived:

(Order 1):
X-Files S4
X-Files S5
X-Files S6
X-Files S8

(Order 2):
Anime Boxset (4 disc)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind SE
Forrest Gump SE
The Girl Next Door UR
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum v.07
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & Rebirth
Neon Genesis Evangelion: End of Evangelion
Unbreakable

And I'm still waiting on:
(Order 3):
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum v.06
Buffy the Vampire Slayer S2 (Backorder)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer S3 (Backorder)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer S4 (Backorder)
Indiana Jones WS Boxset (Backorder)

It seems like the items that were ordered immediately at the start of the sale got here pretty quick. The rest of them are lagging. The site says the ones on backorder won't ship until about 7/6 ... which is good, because my paycheck will have cleared by then. Perfectly planned.

Looking forward to the next one.

Forgot to post this earlier because of the big commotion over the EB Glitch earlier today. Went to the mail box early in the morning and to my surprise there was my DDD box. It must have come in yesterday, as the mail hadn't arrived today yet. I was expecting it 6/28-7/02 because I recieved another e-mail from DDD saying that. It was my first order and it came complete. Got my ATHF Volumes 1-3, Hercules Season One, Battlestar Galactica, and Highlander: The Raven. Now I'm just waiting for my second order.

And I posted tihs in the Big BB/ADV sale, but I thought I might as well post it here since it pertains to DDD and Big O.

Anybody know DDD's customer service number or how good are they in canceling just one item of an order?

It turns out that BB has clearance Big O II now for $19.99, so I want to try and get it there instead of through DDD since it's on backorder anyway.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Well, just started my wishlist fr the December sale, hopefully I'll have cash for it.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh, I've started mine as well. This time I'll be prepared for it though. I'm planning on Firefly, American Psycho, equilibrium, etc.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Forgot to post this earlier because of the big commotion over the EB Glitch earlier today. Went to the mail box early in the morning and to my surprise there was my DDD box. It must have come in yesterday, as the mail hadn't arrived today yet. I was expecting it 6/28-7/02 because I recieved another e-mail from DDD saying that. It was my first order and it came complete. Got my ATHF Volumes 1-3, Hercules Season One, Battlestar Galactica, and Highlander: The Raven. Now I'm just waiting for my second order.

And I posted tihs in the Big BB/ADV sale, but I thought I might as well post it here since it pertains to DDD and Big O.

Anybody know DDD's customer service number or how good are they in canceling just one item of an order?

It turns out that BB has clearance Big O II now for $19.99, so I want to try and get it there instead of through DDD since it's on backorder anyway.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, really?! YAY am I happy I didn't order Big O II. I'll hav eto grab that.

And just wondering, for ship date, what does N/A mean? It's been two business days and I don't think mines shipped yet.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Whoa, really?! YAY am I happy I didn't order Big O II. I'll hav eto grab that.

And just wondering, for ship date, what does N/A mean? It's been two business days and I don't think mines shipped yet.[/QUOTE]

I believe N/A means no answer. I have that for the only two things on my second order that are still on backorder, Big O 2 and Yu Yu Hakousho Volume 31. I tried to call them now, but they must be closed. I'll call tomorrow and cancel first thing in the morning and then pick up a copy at BB.

But my question still stand, anybody know how good they are for cancelling just one item of an order?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I believe N/A means no answer. I have that for the only two things on my second order that are still on backorder, Big O 2 and Yu Yu Hakousho Volume 31. I tried to call them now, but they must be closed. I'll call tomorrow and cancel first thing in the morning and then pick up a copy at BB.

But my question still stand, anybody know how good they are for cancelling just one item of an order?[/QUOTE]
If it hasn't shipped, or been sent to the warehouse yet, you should have no problem at all cancelling it. If it has been sent to the warehouse, or even shipped, then you'd just have to send it back to them and get your money back, if you want to return it.

How I learned it the hard way: I wanted to buy my then-girlfriend Garden State from DDD, so I filled in her address and my billing info, then changed my mind. We ended up breaking up, then a few weeks later I ordered The Shield - Season 3 and neglected to even check the shipping address. When I got my confirmation email later that day, I saw her address and, well, as you'd expect, it was an "......oh shit" moment. :lol: I called up DDD and they said it had already gone to the warehouse, so there was no stopping it at all. So, she got it a week later, and it took her over a month to send it out to me. :roll:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yaeh, I've started mine as well. This time I'll be prepared for it though. I'm planning on Firefly, American Psycho, equilibrium, etc.[/QUOTE]

I started mine too early ... and ended up buying half of it before this sale ended. :lol:

And I've already got it built up again. :lol:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Forgot to post this earlier because of the big commotion over the EB Glitch earlier today.... [/QUOTE]

Hey guys, little off topic maybe, but i just got out of work (at EB) so i guess I missed this. Someone mind pm'ing me a quick lowdown, or link, on what exactly the glitch was?

thanks,
stew

I made 4 orders during the sale. I don't buy dvds that often. I think the last time I bought any was from the last DDD sale so I ordered what I consider to be a lot during this sale. I think I spent around $250. I got my first order last week on Friday. I am still waiting for my other 3. I got my dvd rack today but the thing got smashed. All of the metal shelves are really bent.

[quote name='varsitygamer']Hey guys, little off topic maybe, but i just got out of work (at EB) so i guess I missed this. Someone mind pm'ing me a quick lowdown, or link, on what exactly the glitch was?

thanks,
stew[/QUOTE]

WTF? How does this have to do with DDD?

Edited: meant to link to this post.

[quote name='sman113']WTF? How does this have to do with DDD?[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? It's a link to the EB coupon glitch thread.

Well, everything has shipped so far except for The Tick (live action). I'm getting worried that they won't be able to fulfill that one...

[quote name='evilmax17']Well, everything has shipped so far except for The Tick (live action). I'm getting worried that they won't be able to fulfill that one...[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't they? It is still listed on their site.

[quote name='guessed']Why wouldn't they? It is still listed on their site.[/QUOTE]
Dunno, I always thought of it as an obscure release that wouldn't have demanded a high print run, and it's been out for a few years now. I'm probably just being a newb.

[quote name='evilmax17']Dunno, I always thought of it as an obscure release that wouldn't have demanded a high print run, and it's been out for a few years now. I'm probably just being a newb.[/QUOTE]

silly newb :booty:

[quote name='evilmax17']Well, everything has shipped so far except for The Tick (live action). I'm getting worried that they won't be able to fulfill that one...[/QUOTE]

DAMn, I knes there was something I forgot! one more to add to the wishlist. And I really wish they'd release the animated show on DVD.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']DAMn, I knes there was something I forgot! one more to add to the wishlist. And I really wish they'd release the animated show on DVD.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the animated show more than its live action counter part. I mean I liked it, but for some reason I felt it was kind of cheesy.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I started mine too early ... and ended up buying half of it before this sale ended. :lol:

And I've already got it built up again. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Trust me man, this time around I've really really built up my wishlist. Gonna definitely have to whittle it down come next sale.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Trust me man, this time around I've really really built up my wishlist. Gonna definitely have to whittle it down come next sale.[/QUOTE]

Here's my current wishlist:

DAWN OF THE DEAD (SE) $11.99
GHOST IN THE SHELL (SE) $20.99
EXCEL SAGA V.01-IM PERFECT COLLECT $59.84
ESCAFLOWNE-COMPLETE COLLECTION $59.99
JACKIE BROWN (COLLECTOR'S EDITION) $13.80
PROZAC NATION $21.59
TRAINSPOTTING (CE/2D) $20.51
SCRUBS-1ST SEASON $31.80
THE TICK-ENTIRE SERIES (2D) $22.06
OPPOSITE OF SEX $21.46
LOVE SONG FOR BOBBY LONG, A $20.64
GHOSTBUSTERS 1 & 2 SET (2D W/SCRAP $13.91
THE GUNS OF NAVARONE $13.91
ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN $9.42
SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION (2 DISC) $20.40
DEGRASSI-2ND SEASON $35.99
DEGRASSI-1ST SEASON (DC) $29.99
CORN $13.50
THE LADY VANISHES (CRITERION) $28.76
AMARCORD (CRITERION) $28.76
ALPHAVILLE (CRITERION) $21.56
THE SEVENTH SEAL (CRITERION) $28.76
TIME BANDITS (CRITERION) $28.76
TOKYO DRIFTER (CRITERION) $21.56
NIGHTS OF CABIRIA (CRITERION) $28.76
AND THE SHIP SAILS ON (CRITERION) $21.56
BRAZIL (CRITERION) $43.16
THE 39 STEPS (CRITERION) $28.76
MONTY PYTHON'S LIFE OF BRIAN (CRITERION) $28.76
AUTUMN SONATA (CRITERION) $28.76
LORD OF THE FLIES (CRITERION) $28.76
THE MAGIC FLUTE (CRITERION) $21.56
PYGMALION (CRITERION) $21.56
VARIETY LIGHTS (CRITERION) $21.56
RASHOMON (CRITERION) $28.76
MAN BITES DOG (CRITERION) $21.56
DOUBLE SUICIDE (CRITERION) $21.56
RIFIFI (CRITERION COLLECTION) $21.56
RED BEARD (CRITERION) $28.76
AKIRA KUROSAWA-FOUR SAMURAI CLASSICS $71.96
BAND OF OUTSIDERS (CRITERION) $21.56
CRIES AND WHISPERS (CRITERION) $21.56
CONTEMPT (CRITERION) $28.76
THE KILLERS $28.76
FEAR & LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS (CRITERION) $28.76
THE WHITE SHEIK (CRITERION) $21.56
THRONE OF BLOOD (CRITERION) $28.76
KNIFE IN THE WATER (CRITERION) $28.76
STRAY DOG (CRITERION) $28.76
FANNY & ALEXANDER (CRITERION) (2D) $21.56
FANNY & ALEXANDER (CRITERION) (5D) $43.16
MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO (CRITERION) $28.76
TOUT VA BIEN (CRITERION) $21.56
THE SWORD OF DOOM $21.56
F FOR FAKE (CRITERION) $28.76
CRAZED FRUIT (CRITERION) $21.56
THE HIDDEN FORTRESS (CRITERION) $21.56
M (CRITERION) $28.76
LA DOLCE VITA $22.37
SWIMMING WITH SHARKS (SE) $10.63
GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS (SE) $9.28
NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VAN WILDER (UNRATED) $9.28
GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING $9.28
HENRY AND JUNE $6.95
MULHOLLAND DR $9.89
THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE $13.99
SCHINDLER'S LIST (WS) $13.99
THE DEER HUNTER (SPECIAL EDITION) $19.49
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (SE) $19.49
HOW TO GET AHEAD IN ADVERTISING $9.12
THE PRODUCERS $9.12
DEAD LIKE ME-1ST SEASON $38.05
BUBBA HO TEP (SE) $13.67
WATERMELON HEIST $8.98
MAGNOLIA $20.40
HOW TO DEAL $7.20
LORD OF THE RINGS-RETURN OF THE KING WS $13.26
THE AUDREY HEPBURN COLLECTION $20.76
ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST $7.78
NARC (WS) $7.78
CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL-1ST SEASO $19.50
ADVENTURES OF PETE & PETE: SEASON 1 $19.58
ORDINARY PEOPLE $9.36
CHINATOWN $9.36
THE GODFATHER COLLECTION $51.00
THE INU YASHA-1ST COMPLETE SEASON $65.99
DANGEROUS LIAISONS $9.89
MARS ATTACKS $5.99
L.A. CONFIDENTIAL $11.88
THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE $9.00
MY FAIR LADY (2DISC/SE) $20.38
THE JACKET $18.73
BULLITT (SE) $20.48
CASABLANCA (2DISC/SE) $20.38

:cool:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Here's my current wishlist:

DAWN OF THE DEAD (SE) $11.99
GHOST IN THE SHELL (SE) $20.99
EXCEL SAGA V.01-IM PERFECT COLLECT $59.84
ESCAFLOWNE-COMPLETE COLLECTION $59.99
PROZAC NATION $21.59
TRAINSPOTTING (CE/2D) $20.51
SCRUBS-1ST SEASON $31.80
OPPOSITE OF SEX $21.46
LOVE SONG FOR BOBBY LONG, A $20.64
DEGRASSI-2ND SEASON $35.99
DEGRASSI-1ST SEASON (DC) $29.99
CORN $13.50
THE LADY VANISHES (CRITERION) $28.76
AMARCORD (CRITERION) $28.76
ALPHAVILLE (CRITERION) $21.56
THE SEVENTH SEAL (CRITERION) $28.76
NIGHTS OF CABIRIA (CRITERION) $28.76
THE 39 STEPS (CRITERION) $28.76
AUTUMN SONATA (CRITERION) $28.76
LORD OF THE FLIES (CRITERION) $28.76
THE MAGIC FLUTE (CRITERION) $21.56
PYGMALION (CRITERION) $21.56
VARIETY LIGHTS (CRITERION) $21.56
MAN BITES DOG (CRITERION) $21.56
DOUBLE SUICIDE (CRITERION) $21.56
RED BEARD (CRITERION) $28.76
CRIES AND WHISPERS (CRITERION) $21.56
CONTEMPT (CRITERION) $28.76
THE KILLERS $28.76
FANNY & ALEXANDER (CRITERION) (2D) $21.56
FANNY & ALEXANDER (CRITERION) (5D) $43.16
MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO (CRITERION) $28.76
TOUT VA BIEN (CRITERION) $21.56
THE SWORD OF DOOM $21.56
F FOR FAKE (CRITERION) $28.76
CRAZED FRUIT (CRITERION) $21.56
M (CRITERION) $28.76
LA DOLCE VITA $22.37
GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS (SE) $9.28
NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VAN WILDER (UNRATED) $9.28
GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING $9.28
HENRY AND JUNE $6.95
MULHOLLAND DR $9.89
SCHINDLER'S LIST (WS) $13.99
THE DEER HUNTER (SPECIAL EDITION) $19.49
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (SE) $19.49
THE PRODUCERS $9.12
BUBBA HO TEP (SE) $13.67
WATERMELON HEIST $8.98
MAGNOLIA $20.40
HOW TO DEAL $7.20
LORD OF THE RINGS-RETURN OF THE KING WS $13.26
THE AUDREY HEPBURN COLLECTION $20.76
NARC (WS) $7.78
CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL-1ST SEASO $19.50
ADVENTURES OF PETE & PETE: SEASON 1 $19.58
ORDINARY PEOPLE $9.36
CHINATOWN $9.36
DANGEROUS LIAISONS $9.89
MARS ATTACKS $5.99
L.A. CONFIDENTIAL $11.88
THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE $9.00
THE JACKET $18.73
BULLITT (SE) $20.48
CASABLANCA (2DISC/SE) $20.38

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Wow, well you definitely beat me in list size, but then again, I already own a lot of those movies/DVDs. I already Chinatown, Dawn of the Dead, Ghost in the Shell, etc. Then there are a loto f those movies that I've seen already like Trainspotting, that though great, IMPO don't really need to be bought. And then a lot of those movies I've already seen/rented so I don't really feel like buying them. I'll give you the Godfather collection and Inuyasha though. Forgot to put those on my list.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Here's my current wishlist:

LORD OF THE FLIES (CRITERION) $28.76 *
THE KILLERS $28.76
THE SWORD OF DOOM $21.56
LA DOLCE VITA $22.37
THE PRODUCERS $9.12
BUBBA HO TEP (SE) $13.67
WATERMELON HEIST $8.98
MAGNOLIA $20.40 **
L.A. CONFIDENTIAL $11.88 **
CASABLANCA (2DISC/SE) $20.38 ***

:cool:[/QUOTE]

*Not sure about Lord of the Flies since I've rented and seen it before, but I'm sort of on the fence on whether it is worth a buy.

** Gonna be renting this soon.

*** I know I had this one, but it was stolen a while ago and I don't remember if I bought it again.

If I had the money, that's how my list would look just about. A lot of the ones that you have on your wish list, I have on my as well. How did you post it in such a list format and with the price?I'll try to bring over mine as well.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']*Not sure about Lord of the Flies since I've rented and seen it before, but I'm sort of on the fence on whether it is worth a buy.

** Gonna be renting this soon.

*** I know I had this one, but it was stolen a while ago and I don't remember if I bought it again.

If I had the money, that's how my list would look just about. A lot of the ones that you have on your wish list, I have on my as well. How did you post it in such a list format and with the price?I'll try to bring over mine as well.[/QUOTE]

I just selected everything on my list and copy pasted. That's how it came out.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just selected everything on my list and copy pasted. That's how it came out.[/QUOTE]

i was going to ask you the same thing....'cause when i do it, it pastes as a graph and than when i try to preview it or post it, it says that i haven't entered enough letters or whatever....even though ive pasted the graph and added writing :bomb:

do you have thumbnails displayed in your wishlist?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i was going to ask you the same thing....'cause when i do it, it pastes as a graph and than when i try to preview it or post it, it says that i haven't entered enough letters or whatever....even though ive pasted the graph and added writing :bomb:

do you have thumbnails displayed in your wishlist?[/QUOTE]

I have thumbnails on in my wishlist. And I have a similiar problem to your TSD. That's why I've been mostly typing them up before.

bread's done
Back