[Dead]DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% off sale, NOW through 6/25

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Well, that was a lot of fun. I spent too much, as I'm sure many other CAGs did as well. I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. :applause:

See you all at the Winter sale. :wave:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6/16-6/25

20% off applies to currently available DVDs, UMD movies, and storage accessories. Preorders and Videogames are excluded.

Confirmed codes are in Dark Orange.
Unconfirmed codes are in Yellow Green.
Invalid Codes are in Red.

Valid Codes:
USWEEKLY
USATODAY
DVDTALK
SUPERSALE
GE
ESPN
SPIKE
KLSX
PRICESEARCH
BARGAINFLIX
WCKG
google
DVDL617
YAHOO

Invalid codes (only keeping them listed in case they come alive later. Unlikely, but possible):

DEEPDISCOUNT
DVDSALE
SUMMERSALE

Please post if you use the unconfirmed codes, and I will change them to the confirmed color.

Thanks to Sulaco22, whotony at DVDTalk, princessducky at DVDTalk, Jack, and others for providing and confirming codes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gkleinman, founder of DVDTalk, will provide details at midnight tonight (6/16). I will update this topic as more information develops. Odds are that it is this weekend, but I don't know for certain. Sorry to jump the gun and post with so little information, but I know not everyone here reads DVDTalk, and I wanted to provide a heads-up.

Anyone interested in the sale should prepare their wishlist as soon as possible. DDD slows down considerably during these sales (at least, it has in the past), so it is best to have a list of what you want before it starts.

Link to thread at DVDTalk

[quote name='ryanbph']great minds think alike[/QUOTE]

;)

i'd strongly recommend watching Rescue Me first...not because it's better than everything else that you bought...but more so because it's better than everything

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']very nice order....looks like you and i have the same tastes[/QUOTE]

You have everything, almost every order (especially those involving tv shows) shares your tastes. :lol:

[quote name='ryanbph']what is 4400, I have never seen or heard of it untill recently[/QUOTE]

i don't know, but they the mars volta in their commercials. it looks like an interesting show. i can't afford cable, but i wish i could watch it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You have everything, almost every order (especially those involving tv shows) shares your tastes. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:wall: why must you ruin my attempts at flirting with ryanbph? he might not have known that

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']:wall: why must you ruin my attempts at flirting with ryanbph? he might not have known that[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be one who blocks the cock. :oops: :lol:

The 4400 is about alien abductees who come back to earth. Haven't seen it but I think it is the second season already.

CHAPPELLE'S SHOW-2ND SEASON $ 20.63 1 $ 20.63
CHAPPELLE'S SHOW-1ST SEASON SET $ 14.53 1 $ 14.53

Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $4.95
Your Total: $40.11

Damn. I broke down on the last day :roll:

STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE (SEASON 5) $76.80
STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE (SEASON 6) $76.80
UPRIGHT CITIZENS BRIGADE-SEASON 1 $14.40
SPORTS NIGHT-COMPLETE SERIES $36.28

Everything but UCB is backordered, but I can wait. Can't believe how much some of you are spending on this sale. Even this modest order is a lot for me to spend at one time. Had to hold off on Arrested Development, Firefly, and Newsradio.

Hey guys need help in trying to figure out which version of Natural Born Killers to get. Which one has more special features:

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=VDM007292

Special Features
DVD Features:
Region 1
Keep Case
Widescreen 1.85
Single Side - Single Layer
Audio:
Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Additional Release Material:
Audio Commentary - 1. Oliver Stone -
Director
Deleted Scenes - 1. Ashley Judd's
Courtroom Scene
2. Warden Jones' Dismembered Head
3. Denis Leary's Never-Before-Seen
Performance
4. Reporter Downey's Hand Wound
Alternate Ending
Trailers - 1. Original Theatrical
Trailer
Production Interview - 1. Cast & Crew
2. Oliver Stone - Director
Featurette - 1. THE MAKING OF NBK
Interactive Features:
Interactive Menus
Scene Access

OR

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=WBD018535

Special Features
DVD Features:
Region 1
Snap Case
Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
Single Side - Dual Layer
Audio:
Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
Additional Release Material:
Audio Commentary - 1. Oliver Stone -
Director
Deleted Scenes
Alternate Ending
Trailers - 1. Original Theatrical
Documentary - 1. CHAOS RISING

I've tried looking a other sites but what's confusing is the latter of the two (Oliver Stone Collection) is $2.60 more and has a documentary but no mention of the specific scenes (hmmmm dismembered head), the featurette of the making of NBK or interview of Oliver Stone and the cast & crew that the first one lists (Director's Cut)....

I finally decided to buy something.....

HIGHLANDER-IMMORTAL EDITION $ 9.59
LETHAL WEAPON 3 (DIR CUT) $ 5.76
DIE HARD: ULTIMATE COLLECTION $ 29.27

Your Total: $44.62

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Oh, and do you know how many episodes are on the UCB S1 DVD?[/QUOTE]
10 Episodes, a pilot, and a few extra scenes.

Cruzin, it would seem the second one, Warner's Oliver Stone disc is the one to get, according to this review. If you're not convinced, DVD-Basen is always a great place to search for DVD reviews.

[quote name='Baseball2g']The 4400 is about alien abductees who come back to earth. Haven't seen it but I think it is the second season already.[/QUOTE]

Not to give away any spoilers, but saying this show is about alien abductees is over-simplifying the concept and pretty much not true. Its a good show, although the six episode first seasons kinda feels rushed, which it probably was b/c the producers have been quoted as saying they didnt really want to make the revelation in Episode 6 until the end of Season 5, but USA didnt have the faith in the show...

[quote name='the_gloaming']Sometimes ads are printed as "through" when they mean "until." I have seen it happen plenty of times ... no need to be rude.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']So when does this expire? At the end of 6/25?[/QUOTE]

I am not being rude (although i have never seen an UNTIL that didnt include that last day either), its just the fact that the end date is in the title AND its been asked before in this thread. Pretty much common sense.

[quote name='ransom456']

Everything but UCB is backordered, but I can wait. Can't believe how much some of you are spending on this sale. Even this modest order is a lot for me to spend at one time. Had to hold off on Arrested Development, Firefly, and Newsradio.[/QUOTE]
I don't mean to be the voice of temptation, but for the love of God, man- do not hold off on those three shows!! You NEED to have them in your collection. Seriously, take the plunge and grab them today.

You'll thank me later.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Placed my second order, of mostly OOS stuff:[/QUOTE]

Nice to see another Hitchcock fan around these parts. I ordered about a half dozen of the Hitchcock discs, simply due to the fact that you can NOT find the Universal releases cheap any place. Didn't order Vertigo, though - that's one of the few films of his I've seen that I didn't care for.

RD

[quote name='sman113']I am not being rude (although i have never seen an UNTIL that didnt include that last day either), its just the fact that the end date is in the title AND its been asked before in this thread. Pretty much common sense.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me for not reading a 26 page thread. I was just asking to make sure.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Excuse me for not reading a 26 page thread. I was just asking to make sure.[/QUOTE]

not to bust balls...but it's more accurate to go by post count, not pages....i have my pages set to 50 posts per page, which makes this only page 11....

[quote name='[email protected]']Nice to see another Hitchcock fan around these parts. I ordered about a half dozen of the Hitchcock discs, simply due to the fact that you can NOT find the Universal releases cheap any place. Didn't order Vertigo, though - that's one of the few films of his I've seen that I didn't care for.

RD[/QUOTE]
Universal just announced a new Hitchcock box set to be released in October

"Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection

Hot off the presses... Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection for release on October 4th. The fifteen (!) disc set will include the current special editions of Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt, Rope, Rear Window, The Trouble With Harry, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Vertigo, Psycho, The Birds, Marnie, Torn Curtain, Topaz, Frenzy and Family Plot, along with an exclusive bonus disc with special features TBA. The set is rounded out with a collectible Hitchcock book. Retail is $119.98."

I specifically held back on the Hitchcock discs because of this announcement.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']not to bust balls...but it's more accurate to go by post count, not pages....i have my pages set to 50 posts per page, which makes this only page 11....[/QUOTE]

Fine...Excuse me for not reading a 520 post thread. I was just asking to make sure.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Fine...Excuse me for not reading a 520 post thread. I was just asking to make sure.[/QUOTE]
I think the main complaint was that it's in the title. I've also heard that it has gone a few hours past midnight in the past but I wouldn't cut it that close.

DDD has their movie titles marked up fairly high..this is where they make their money i guess. Looks like the tv show boxsets are where you can save money.

I'd love to get national treasure WS, but $21 before the discount? come on now...Even after discount we're looking at ~$17, which is pretty pricey.

[quote name='yeldarb367']I think the main complaint was that it's in the title. I've also heard that it has gone a few hours past midnight in the past but I wouldn't cut it that close.[/QUOTE]

And I was just checking to be sure. It isn't too much to ask.

And yeah, alot do seem pretty high. There are some movies you can get really cheap. Like Night of the Living Dead for $4.79 doesn't seem too bad.

Well, I'm putting in a, compared to you guys, small order of some classic movies, some I never saw, that are fairly cheap. And UCB.

UPRIGHT CITIZENS BRIGADE-SEASON 1 $ 14.40 1 $ 14.40
CREEPSHOW $ 4.79 1 $ 4.79
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET $ 5.76 1 $ 5.76
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (SE) $ 4.79 1 $ 4.79
ARMY OF DARKNESS $ 7.91 1 $ 7.91

Shipping: FREE
Your Total: $37.65
Your promotional discount is reflected in the prices above.
The promotional discount on this order was: $9.4

[quote name='yeldarb367']Universal just announced a new Hitchcock box set to be released in October

"Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection

I specifically held back on the Hitchcock discs because of this announcement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have most of those already, specifically the Birds, Psycho, and Rear Window. I did pick up six of those during this sale, since it was $11 each. I've never seen Topaz, Family Plot, Frenzy, or Torn Curtain, but from what I've read, they aren't very highly regarded (have you seen them? opinion?). I'm still getting through the first Hitch collection that I got for Christmas (Strangers on a Train, Dial M for Murder, North by Northwest among others), so heaven knows when I'll get through all the ones I just ordered!

BTW, do you have the Hitchcock: Life in Darkness and Light? I just picked it up from Half Price, haven't had a chance to go through it yet (it's MASSIVE)...

RD

I didn't get to spend as much as I had wanted... but I managed to pick up the more expensive titles so I can get the cheaper ones next payday.

Twin Peaks (Season One)
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (Criterion Collection)
The Killers (Criterion Collection)
Sullivan's Travels (Criterion Collection)
Rushmore (Criterion Collection)
Akira Kurosawa Samurai Collection (Criterion Collection)
- The Seven Samurai
- The Hidden Fortress
- Yojimbo
- Sanjuro
Brazil (Criterion Collection)

Total: $206.17

Really cheap considering Criterion Collection DVDs go for an average of $45 anywhere else.

[quote name='[email protected]']Yeah, I have most of those already, specifically the Birds, Psycho, and Rear Window. I did pick up six of those during this sale, since it was $11 each. I've never seen Topaz, Family Plot, Frenzy, or Torn Curtain, but from what I've read, they aren't very highly regarded (have you seen them? opinion?). I'm still getting through the first Hitch collection that I got for Christmas (Strangers on a Train, Dial M for Murder, North by Northwest among others), so heaven knows when I'll get through all the ones I just ordered.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen Topaz, Family Plot, Frenzy or Torn Curtain, either. But you should see some of Hitchcock's underrated films, which are some of his best, in my opinion, if you haven't already. They're worth checking out.

Lifeboat -- Great character study.
The Trouble with Harry -- Hysterical dark comedy.
Rope -- One of his darker films. All shot in one take (which is incredible).

[quote name='Brak']I've never seen Topaz, Family Plot, Frenzy or Torn Curtain, either. But you should see some of Hitchcock's underrated films, which are some of his best, in my opinion, if you haven't already. They're worth checking out.

Rope -- One of his darker films. All shot in one take (which is incredible).[/QUOTE]

Just got Rope and Trouble with Harry. Have heard GREAT things about Rope. Haven't seen Lifeboat, didn't see it as part of the sale either. I plan to try to catch whatever I don't get by going to the library - they have a ton of Hitchcock DVDs.

RD

[quote name='Brak']I didn't get to spend as much as I had wanted... but I managed to pick up the more expensive titles so I can get the cheaper ones next payday.

Twin Peaks (Season One)
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (Criterion Collection)
The Killers (Criterion Collection)
Sullivan's Travels (Criterion Collection)
Rushmore (Criterion Collection)
Akira Kurosawa Samurai Collection (Criterion Collection)
- The Seven Samurai
- The Hidden Fortress
- Yojimbo
- Sanjuro
Brazil (Criterion Collection)

Total: $206.17

Really cheap considering Criterion Collection DVDs go for an average of $45 anywhere else.

I've never seen Topaz, Family Plot, Frenzy or Torn Curtain, either. But you should see some of Hitchcock's underrated films, which are some of his best, in my opinion, if you haven't already. They're worth checking out.

Rope -- One of his darker films. All shot in one take (which is incredible).[/QUOTE]
Fox won't release Lifeboat, for some stupid reason. fuckers :( Rope is great though.

Nice choices on the Criterions though. The '46 Killers is an awesome movie, and it's got a great essay on the disc all about film noir by Paul Schrader. The other films are masterpieces as well. You're in for a treat. :applause:

Just placed my 3rd and hopefully final order. All items OOS except Blue Velvet:

Order Summary:
Title Price Each Quantity Subtotal
GATTACA-SUPERBIT $ 16.27 1 $ 16.27
DONNIE DARKO (DC) $ 15.80 1 $ 15.80
DIABOLIQUE (1955) (CRITERION) $ 17.24 1 $ 17.24
FELLINI'S 8 1/2 (CRITERION) $ 23.00 1 $ 23.00
IL POSTO (CRITERION) $ 17.24 1 $ 17.24
STRAY DOG (CRITERION) $ 23.00 1 $ 23.00
WILD STRAWBERRIES (CRITERION) $ 23.00 1 $ 23.00
ROPE (HITCHCOCK) $ 11.19 1 $ 11.19
BLUE VELVET SPECIAL EDITION (WIDESCREEN) $ 13.67 1 $ 13.67
FREAKS & GEEKS-COMPLETE SERIES $ 33.52 1 $ 33.52
Promotional Discount: Discount
applied
above
Your Total: $193.93

That brings my total up to $1228.83. Far more than I wanted to spend, but I can make up for it by not buying anything for the rest of the year (except Sin City of course.) :lol:

EDIT: I think TSD still spent more than that, as is his custom. :lol:

damn i would ever ever pay $1000 for dvd's...

i gues you take your movies seriously and i guess that kool. i feel bad spending $100 lol

thats why they invented blockbuster.com

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Just placed my 3rd and hopefully final order. All items OOS except Blue Velvet:

That brings my total up to $1228.83. Far more than I wanted to spend, but I can make up for it by not buying anything for the rest of the year (except Sin City of course.) :lol:

EDIT: I think TSD still spent more than that, as is his custom. :lol:[/QUOTE]:applause: Nicely done, old boy. I just saw Diabolique, and can definitely see how it was an influence on Hitchcock's later suspense movies. 8 1/2 is one of my favorites, it's just an absurd, brilliant piece of work. Il Posto isn't very well-known, but it's definitely a great movie, and great extras at the lower-tier price. And Wild Strawberries I'd probably put in my top 3 films of all time, if you're keeping track. And Blue Velvet, of course, is awesome. You're going to be satisfied with this haul (at 1200, I'd hope so;)).

At this point, I'm only waiting on Gangs of New York which was OOS and Swimming with Sharks, which was my second and final order. But, I'm building up my wishlist for the sale later this year. Only problem is I don't think I can resist Warner's Noir set next month. :lol:

[quote name='modium']:applause: Nicely done, old boy. I just saw Diabolique, and can definitely see how it was an influence on Hitchcock's later suspense movies. 8 1/2 is one of my favorites, it's just an absurd, brilliant piece of work. Il Posto isn't very well-known, but it's definitely a great movie, and great extras at the lower-tier price. And Wild Strawberries I'd probably put in my top 3 films of all time, if you're keeping track. And Blue Velvet, of course, is awesome. You're going to be satisfied with this haul (at 1200, I'd hope so;)).

At this point, I'm only waiting on Gangs of New York which was OOS and Swimming with Sharks, which was my second and final order. But, I'm building up my wishlist for the sale later this year. Only problem is I don't think I can resist Warner's Noir set next month. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Your approval means everything to me. ;) :lol:

PENN & TELLER-BS SEASON 2 (UR) $ 18.44 1 $ 18.44
WONDERFALLS-COMPLETE SERIES $ 20.77 1 $ 20.77
RESCUE ME-1ST SEASON $ 27.88 1 $ 27.88
Promotional Discount: Discount
applied
above
Your Total: $67.09

tried to lowball it... after all I am going to san diego in a mere couple weeks. saving a little spending cash for there would be a good idea.

I actually saved a little by deciding against the alluring 13.50 price tag on lemony snicket... only after I found out there is actually a 2 disc special edition of it which, albeit more expensive, i would much rather have (and oddly enough, ddd doesnt offer it).

~stew

I tried to keep it small but ended up going over 100.

Got:
The Office
Reno 911
Clue
Coming to America
Beverly Hills Cop trilogy
Robin Hood (the bbc one)
Dumb and Dumber
They Might be Giants Gigantic
Follow that Bird
Barton Fink
THe Hudscuker Proxy
MST3k- Essentials
MST3k-Mitchell

There really wasnt much else I wanted, except for Word Wars. Has anyone seen that?

I just got an email stating that 28 of my items have shipped. WOOHOO!!!!

I only have to last a little while longer without placing another order.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']
EDIT: I think TSD still spent more than that, as is his custom. :lol:[/QUOTE]

$1457.76 :whistle2:#

but searching through the first 20 pages of the dvdtalk thread about this, others have easily beat me with orders over 2 grand....and that was just the first 20 pages of what is probably an easy 50 now (edit: 84)

I tried very hard to control my wallet this time cuz i need NEW CAR in next 2 weeks :)

AD POLICE FILES (Shipped)
GARAGA (Shipped)
HARMAGEDON (Shipped)
VOLTAGE FIGHTER GOWCAIZER (Shipped)
MASK OF ZEGUY (Shipped)
HARLOCK SAGA (Shipped)
MAZE TV SERIES COLLECTION (Shipped)
BLACK JACK-1ST COLLECTION (Shipped)
SADAMITSU THE DESTROYER COM
REIGN THE CONQUEROR-COMPLET
MARMALADE BOY V.04 ULTIMATE
MAISON IKKOKU VOL 03 BOX

My order pretty small under $200 but not guarantee next upcomming 20% sales in December! :)

BBC America showed Footballer's Wives awhile back. I only saw some of it, so I couldn't really tell if it was any good. It's basically about some pro soccer players life when they're not playing.

What's better, Digital Video Essentials or Avia Guide to Home Theater?
All I read is the Avia disc is better but is it worth it to get both?

Well, I showed some decent restraint on this sale I think, but I did go back tonight just to order the first Starburst edition for Season Two of Farscape. It would have been in my first order, but it was just released this past Tuesday. So my total expenditure for this sale was around $360, small change compared to some of you guys.

Oh, I also grabbed the first season of Angel out at BJ's today for $20. My wife asked if I was finally done spending money for a while, and I said yeah- until the CC clearance starts in another week. :lol:

bread's done
Back