[Dead]DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% off sale, NOW through 6/25

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Well, that was a lot of fun. I spent too much, as I'm sure many other CAGs did as well. I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. :applause:

See you all at the Winter sale. :wave:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6/16-6/25

20% off applies to currently available DVDs, UMD movies, and storage accessories. Preorders and Videogames are excluded.

Confirmed codes are in Dark Orange.
Unconfirmed codes are in Yellow Green.
Invalid Codes are in Red.

Valid Codes:
USWEEKLY
USATODAY
DVDTALK
SUPERSALE
GE
ESPN
SPIKE
KLSX
PRICESEARCH
BARGAINFLIX
WCKG
google
DVDL617
YAHOO

Invalid codes (only keeping them listed in case they come alive later. Unlikely, but possible):

DEEPDISCOUNT
DVDSALE
SUMMERSALE

Please post if you use the unconfirmed codes, and I will change them to the confirmed color.

Thanks to Sulaco22, whotony at DVDTalk, princessducky at DVDTalk, Jack, and others for providing and confirming codes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gkleinman, founder of DVDTalk, will provide details at midnight tonight (6/16). I will update this topic as more information develops. Odds are that it is this weekend, but I don't know for certain. Sorry to jump the gun and post with so little information, but I know not everyone here reads DVDTalk, and I wanted to provide a heads-up.

Anyone interested in the sale should prepare their wishlist as soon as possible. DDD slows down considerably during these sales (at least, it has in the past), so it is best to have a list of what you want before it starts.

Link to thread at DVDTalk

[quote name='sman113']Hero only had three seasons.

And I have been purchasing quantum leap season by season and am beginning to regret it. The sets are bare-bones with no extras, the video quality is not good, and lets not get started on the music issue. I can't wait till they announce a new bundle for the entire series (5 seasons) that includes a bonus disc of special features.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't sure how many seasons Hero lasted, but I wasn't about to check. If it only had three, all the more reason for a bundle when season three is released. Thanks for helping me feel justified in holding off on Quantum Leap, also.

BTW, sman113, did you get in on the CSI S4 deal I PMed you about on the 12th? Just curious.

Also: The Perfect Storm LE has sold out again.

Nah, i held off b.c i havent seen the first couple seasons... S4 is about the time i got into it... DVDTalk shows that the first two seasons are going down in price in September, lets hope its to a reasonable price...

QUESTION. What is up with this Perfect Storm L.E. ?

Here is my current wishlist:

DAWN OF THE DEAD (SE) $11.99
GHOST IN THE SHELL (SE) $20.99
EXCEL SAGA V.01-IM PERFECT COLLECT $59.84
ESCAFLOWNE-COMPLETE COLLECTION $59.99
DEAD POETS SOCIETY $13.80
JACKIE BROWN (COLLECTOR'S EDITION) $13.80
TRAINSPOTTING (CE/2D) $20.51
SCRUBS-1ST SEASON $31.80
THE TICK-ENTIRE SERIES (2D) $22.06
GHOSTBUSTERS 1 & 2 SET (2D W/SCRAP $13.91
GATTACA-SUPERBIT $20.34
DONNIE DARKO (DC) $19.75
BRAZIL (CRITERION) $43.16
RASHOMON (CRITERION) $28.76
MAN BITES DOG (CRITERION) $21.56
AKIRA KUROSAWA-FOUR SAMURAI CLASSICS $71.96
FEAR & LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS (CRITERION) $28.76
THRONE OF BLOOD (CRITERION) $28.76
LA DOLCE VITA $22.37
AUDITION $12.37
GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS (SE) $9.28
NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VAN WILDER (UNRATED) $9.28
MULHOLLAND DR $9.89
TRAFFIC (CRITERION) $31.18
THE DEER HUNTER (SPECIAL EDITION) $19.49
THE PRINCESS BRIDE $9.12
BLUE VELVET SPECIAL EDITION (WIDESCREEN) $17.09
SLEEP WITH ME $9.12
DEAD LIKE ME-1ST SEASON $38.05
BUBBA HO TEP (SE) $13.67
WATERMELON HEIST $8.98
AMERICAN HISTORY X $11.88
LORD OF THE RINGS-RETURN OF THE KING WS $13.26
LEMONY SNICKET - UNFORTUNATE EVENTS (WS) $13.56
CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL-1ST SEASO $19.50
ADVENTURES OF PETE & PETE: SEASON 1 $19.58
FREAKS & GEEKS-COMPLETE SERIES $41.90
THE INU YASHA-1ST COMPLETE SEASON $65.99
CITIZEN KANE (2DISC/SE) $20.38
EMPIRE OF THE SUN $14.39
DANGEROUS LIAISONS $9.89
L.A. CONFIDENTIAL $11.88
THE AVENGERS $5.99
THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE $9.00
AKIRA KUROSAWA'S DREAMS $14.39
BULLITT (SE) $20.48

I must be strong and wait until the next sale. :lol:

I am proud to say I have managed to stay away from this sale this time around. This is a momentous occasion in my life as I have shown the will power to not buy anything from a great deal. Come November though, I am picking that site clean! :D

[quote name='sman113']Nah, i held off b.c i havent seen the first couple seasons... S4 is about the time i got into it... DVDTalk shows that the first two seasons are going down in price in September, lets hope its to a reasonable price...

QUESTION. What is up with this Perfect Storm L.E. ?[/QUOTE]

I believe it is the same as the Platinum Edition that they list for $32.99 (MSRP $49.99). They made a limited quantity available for $8.99 ($7.19 after discount) each.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I am proud to say I have managed to stay away from this sale this time around. This is a momentous occasion in my life as I have shown the will power to not buy anything from a great deal. Come November though, I am picking that site clean! :D[/QUOTE]

Congratulations, but the sale isn't over yet -- you could still crack.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I am proud to say I have managed to stay away from this sale this time around. This is a momentous occasion in my life as I have shown the will power to not buy anything from a great deal. Come November though, I am picking that site clean! :D[/QUOTE]

I wish I had done that.. two days after my $220 order, my XBox DIED! Now I have to drop another $150. oh woe is me

[quote name='guessed']Congratulations, but the sale isn't over yet -- you could still crack.[/QUOTE]

:lol: You are very correct. I have almost cracked a couple times. I only have to hold out two more days. Tomorrow will be the real test as Saturday I have stuff to do all day so I don't imagine I'll be home long enough to place an order.

don't really wanna read thru 22 pages, but are all the codes listed on pg.1 basically apply the same discount or is there a specific one that I should use to save more $$..

Unfortunately, the majority of them were actually OOS. I can be patient.

Under The Tuscan Sun (ws) 1 $11.04
Patton 1 $7.99
The Iron Giant 1 $11.11
Oh My Goddess V.02 1 $10.79
Oh My Goddess V.01 (se) 1 $10.79
Banner Of The Stars-1 Complete Col 1 $23.99
Arjuna-complete Collection ( 4d) 1 $23.99
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind Ws 1 $11.19
Samurai X-reflection 2 (dc) 1 $15.95

holy crap! I didn't know samurai jack season 2 was out till I browsed this thread

Order Summary:

Title Price Each Quantity Subtotal

TMNT-2ND SEASON $ 7.42 1 $ 7.42
TMNT-1ST SEASON $ 7.42 1 $ 7.42
BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES V.01 $ 26.49 1 $ 26.49
BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES V.02 $ 26.49 1 $ 26.49
BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES V.03 $ 26.49 1 $ 26.49
SAMURAI JACK-2ND SEASON $ 18.71 1 $ 18.71

Promotional Discount: Discount
applied
above
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: FREE
Your Total: $113.02
Your promotional discount is reflected in the prices above.
The promotional discount on this order was: $28.29

Anyone know what time the sale ends on Saturday?

Also, I ordered the following for a friend:

FUTURAMA-V.01 1 $21.70
FEAR & LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS (CRITERION) 1 $23.00
CLUE 1 $4.79

Shipping Price: $0.00
Order Total: $49.49

I bought...

GARFIELD & FRIENDS V.03 $23.41 0
FIREFLY-COMPLETE SERIES $23.91 0
BLOW DRY $5.04 (A gift)
GODZILLA 2000 $4.80

Now hopefully I will get everything in by the end of July... dumb backorders... :roll:

Even the thing in stock would get her until the 2 through 7th.

Next time I hope to have more money so I can buy..

Sports Night
TMNT
Freaks and Geeks
R&B&Friends
Garfield Volume 4
Billy Eliot
BSG
Jack and Karen
Sienfeld
More Godzilla movies
Sealab
Harvey Birdman
Every other Adult Swim show I forgot the name of. :)

i need opinions on the following tv series/movies...which ive either never seen or never heard of:

Stripperella
Crank Yankers
Keen Eddie
Sliders
The Grid
The Harsh Realm
Forever Knight
Popular
Profiler
Sweet Vally High
Dead Birds

[quote name='BustaUppa']round 2 for me:

MONTY PYTHON & THE HOLY GRAIL (SPECIAL E $ 11.12 1 $ 11.12
[/QUOTE]
This should still be $5 after coupon at Best Buy. There is a $10 off coupon in the DVD Insdier magazine found in the entertainment section. The picture is for the expensive collector's edition, but on the actual coupon, the product code listed is for the cheaper special edition. Therefore, they have to honor it.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i need opinions on the following tv series/movies...which ive either never seen or never heard of:

Stripperella
Crank Yankers
Keen Eddie
Sliders
The Grid
The Harsh Realm
Forever Knight
Popular
Profiler
Sweet Vally High
Dead Birds[/QUOTE]
Stripperella is kind of funny, but mostly in a jockish way.
Crank Yankers is good occaisionally, but I couldn't imagine spending money on it.
Keen Eddie was actually pretty decent in my opinion, and for the right price I might buy it (more likely I'll just rent it off Netflix/BB Online).

Haven't watched the others, but Keen Eddie might be worth your money if you're into mystery/detective type shows.

My Godzilla the Collection that was on backorder was shipped today, just a day after my other stuff shipped. Now I just have to order Friday and Orgazmo.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i need opinions on the following tv series/movies...which ive either never seen or never heard of:

Stripperella
Crank Yankers
Keen Eddie
Sliders
The Grid
The Harsh Realm
Forever Knight
Popular
Profiler
Sweet Vally High
Dead Birds[/QUOTE]

I've only seen Stripperella and Crank Yankers and I think they are both boring. Stripperella just sucked. Crank Yankers, just think about it, watching puppets act out a prank phone call.

Stripperella
Crank Yankers
Keen Eddie
Sliders
The Grid
The Harsh Realm
Forever Knight
Popular
Profiler
Sweet Vally High
Dead Birds[/QUOTE]

They have Sliders listed as a pre-order (most likely a price drop), so it wouldn't do any good to order it now. I vote for Keen Eddie, I only wish I hadn't just bought it for $23.99 in the Amazon sale.

[quote name='DT778']My Godzilla the Collection that was on backorder was shipped today, just a day after my other stuff shipped. Now I just have to order Friday and Orgazmo.

I've only seen Stripperella and Crank Yankers and I think they are both boring. Stripperella just sucked. Crank Yankers, just think about it, watching puppets act out a prank phone call.[/QUOTE]

yeah, stripperella and crank yankers both sound completely sucky to me...that's really why i asked about those 2....plus, even though ive never seen crank yankers, i could never be able to believe that those pranks aren't set-up

Harsh Realm is kinda worth it, sadly the series didn't get the chance to take off so that really hampers my recommendation of buying it. However if you are a fan of Chris Carter's work then you might enjoy the seeds of what could of been a good series.

Stripperella
Crank Yankers
Keen Eddie
Sliders
The Grid
The Harsh Realm
Forever Knight
Popular
Profiler
Sweet Vally High
Dead Birds[/QUOTE]

Though probably most will say Stripperella sucked, I must say that for the few episodes of it that I saw, I rather enjoyed it. Kind of stupid humor, but not really all that bad.

Crank Yankers is just retarded. Staring at ugly ass puppets for a half hour doing stupid phone calls. Boring.

Never saw Keen Eddie.

Sliders is just an awesome sci-fi series from the 90s. I really enjoyed it before Stargate and other shows started to come out, but at this point I must say that I actually probably enjoy it more than Stargate and am holding out for a cheap price to get it. The show follows this group of people as they cross through different universes. It is similiar to Stargate as though the show has continuity, one can pick it up from almost any episode in the series and just start from there without missing much. I'm glad that Sci-Fi Channel has been periodically airing re-runs of it. That's been tiding me over for the show for the most part. I think this isn't too bad of a review of the show, but it's really late here, and I can barely keep my eyes open. If you need more info just hit me up.

The Grid sounds really reall familiar, but I can't remember what it was. I'll have to look into that one.

Haven't seen Harsh Realm.

Forever Knight is a great show that got canceled too early IMO. Should have been picked up by Sci-Fi channel or some channel that has some sci-fi on it. it's basically a vampire who is trying to do good and is a detective. that was my shortened, late-night, I need sleep summary; now time for the IMDB summary which does it much more justice:

A drama about an 800 year old, angst ridden vampire who lives in present day Toronto as a homicide detective in an attempt to repay for his sins and regain his mortality, with the aid of Natalie Lambert, a mortal coroner, while trying to keep his secret from his partner. His quests are hindered by his tormented past and his seductive 2000 year old master, Lucien Lacroix.
I loved the show when it was on and bought the first season without thinking when it first came out because BB actually had a deal on it (just like they have had with the Highlander sets) and then bought the second one when it came out last year at release, but also with one of the 20% off DVD coupons that BB had from the Madden books.

Never saw Popular.

Never saw Profiler

Never saw Sweet Valley High.

And Never saw Dead Birds.

I'm considering making an all backordered purchase before this thing ends. Try to get it all onto the next billing cycle. :lol:

And I added about 20 things to my wishlist last night. :cool:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']kathy griffins "allegedly" dropped down lastnight from $11.99 to $5.99 (before coupon)....if anyone cares

a few other lastnight pricedrops:

http://www.bargainflix.com/hotdeals/pricechange.asp?date1=6/24/2005&retailID=32[/QUOTE]

And Scrubs went up according to the link. :whistle2:(

Got my order in. All good, except the Firefly box is reeeally messed up. Looks kind of like somebody wrapped wire around the box, very tightly. Does that even make sense? It's just all mangled and such. Wondering if I should ask DDD or Fox for a replacement, or just suck it up, heh.

well they messed up on my order, said that my order was in stock and when I got it one thing wasnt in stock, so I called them up and they sent me the item, but the item they are sending me is one of the dvds I already have. SO no I have to send back a dvd I already have to get my dvd. Oh well I guess its worth the 20% off.

[quote name='the_gloaming']So when it says "NOW through 6/25," does that mean I can still use the codes on 6/25?[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding.

Dictionary.com = "through" prep. 6. From the beginning to the end of: stayed up through the night.... 8. Up to and including: a play that runs through December; a volume that covers A through D.

[quote name='sman113']You've got to be kidding.

Dictionary.com = "through" prep. 6. From the beginning to the end of: stayed up through the night.... 8. Up to and including: a play that runs through December; a volume that covers A through D.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes ads are printed as "through" when they mean "until." I have seen it happen plenty of times ... no need to be rude.

Placed my second order, of mostly OOS stuff:
The 20% discount offer applies only to currently available DVDs, UMDs and storage accessories. Pre-release titles and video games are excluded from the sale. Your discount is reflected below for applicable items. Thank you for shopping at DeepDiscountDVD.com

Order Summary:
Title Price Each Quantity Subtotal
DEAD POETS SOCIETY $ 11.04 1 $ 11.04
AUDITION $ 12.37 1 $ 12.37
VERTIGO $ 11.19 1 $ 11.19
PSYCHO (1960) $ 11.19 1 $ 11.19
REAR WINDOW $ 11.19 1 $ 11.19
TRAFFIC (CRITERION) $ 24.94 1 $ 24.94
THE PRINCESS BRIDE $ 7.29 1 $ 7.29
AMERICAN HISTORY X $ 9.50 1 $ 9.50
TO CATCH A THIEF $ 7.48 1 $ 7.48
CITIZEN KANE (2DISC/SE) $ 16.30 1 $ 16.30
EMPIRE OF THE SUN $ 11.51 1 $ 11.51
MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL $ 4.79 1 $ 4.79
AKIRA KUROSAWA'S DREAMS $ 11.51 1 $ 11.51
NORTH BY NORTHWEST (WS/FS) $ 9.50 1 $ 9.50
Promotional Discount: Discount
applied
above
Your Total: $159.80

[quote name='modium']Got my order in. All good, except the Firefly box is reeeally messed up. Looks kind of like somebody wrapped wire around the box, very tightly. Does that even make sense? It's just all mangled and such. Wondering if I should ask DDD or Fox for a replacement, or just suck it up, heh.[/QUOTE]

i didn't buy warioware twisted at one best buy near me because they had those security things that they call something spider or spider something....i dunno...anyways, its those wire security devices that go all the way around one side of the box and all the way around the other side....so all of the warioware twisted boxes were fucked up at one best buy that i went to....when i went another one, they didn't have the Spider things around the boxes....so anyways, that might be what could've happened....i dunno...i do know that they have a b&m store, so maybe thats where part of your order came from?

My final order:
GODZILLA VS SEA MONSTER (1966) 1 $15.60
SON OF GODZILLA (1967) 1 $15.60
BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES V.02 1 $26.49
THE EVIL DEAD 1 $9.59
STAR TREK-GENERATIONS (SCE) (2D) 1 $10.84
STAR TREK-INSURRECTION 1 $10.84
CLASH OF THE TITANS 1 $5.76
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS 1 $7.20
1776-DIRECTOR'S CUT 1 $17.64
BULL DURHAM (SE) 1 $9.12
CADDYSHACK 1 $10.60
MAJOR LEAGUE 3 BACK TO THE MINORS 1 $4.79
24-2ND SEASON 1 $39.98
QUANTUM LEAP-2ND SEASON 1 $28.80

Shipping Price: $0.00
Order Total: $212.85

Everything from Godzilla vs the Sea Monster to 1776 is mine, plus 24 Season 2 and Quantum Leap Season 2 are a birthday gift from my parents. My brother ordered the other three films.

[quote name='Kaijufan']MAJOR LEAGUE 3 BACK TO THE MINORS 1 $4.79[/QUOTE]

You need to punch your brother in the back of the head. I don't care if it's only $4.79, it's still unforgivable. :bomb: :lol:

2nd order. Dammit. I wish this would end.

THE CABLE GUY 1 $7.53
THE VIRGIN SUICIDES 1 $7.48
THE MUMMY COLLECTION (WIDESCREEN) 1 $12.96
ELECTION 1 $6.22
BLADE RUNNER 1 $6.43
12 MONKEYS (SE) 1 $7.91
DEUCE BIGALOW MALE GIGOLO 1 $7.48
THAT THING YOU DO 1 $8.26
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE (10TH AE) 1 $11.12
WHEN HARRY MET SALLY 1 $7.29
DEATH TO SMOOCHY (WS) 1 $7.18
JURASSIC PARK 3 (WIDESCREEN) 1 $7.91
JURASSIC PARK 2 LOST WORLD 1 $7.91
EQUILIBRIUM 1 $11.04

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i didn't buy warioware twisted at one best buy near me because they had those security things that they call something spider or spider something....i dunno...anyways, its those wire security devices that go all the way around one side of the box and all the way around the other side....so all of the warioware twisted boxes were fucked up at one best buy that i went to....when i went another one, they didn't have the Spider things around the boxes....so anyways, that might be what could've happened....i dunno...i do know that they have a b&m store, so maybe thats where part of your order came from?[/QUOTE]

Spiderwraps.. gotta love em.. Had them on MK: Collectors, Mario Party 6, WW: Twisted, etc at work and had a lot of people complain about the mashed boxes. It could also have been returned from a store back to the vendor and the vendor shipped it out to DDD.

Woo my order looks like a wimp compared to everyone elses:

PRIMUS-HALLUCINO-GENETICS LIVE 200 $ 9.07 1 $ 9.07

Your Total: $9.07
Your promotional discount is reflected in the prices above.
The promotional discount on this order was: $2.27

1st Order:

1 BAN024003 DVD : WOLF'S RAIN V.03-LOSS $ 14.39 In-stock
1 BAN024004 DVD : WOLF'S RAIN V.04-RECOLLECTI $ 14.39 In-stock
1 BAN024005 DVD : WOLF'S RAIN V.05-WAR FOR TH $ 14.39 Backorder
1 BAN024006 DVD : WOLF'S RAIN V.06-PARADISE A $ 14.39 Backorder
1 BAN024007 DVD : WOLF'S RAIN V.07-FINAL ENCO $ 14.39 In-stock
1 COL000874 DVD : SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET (SUPER $ 16.27 In-stock
1 COL004728 DVD : KARATE KID SET $ 20.61 Backorder
1 COL011235 DVD : HITCH (WS) $ 14.51 Backorder
1 LGE017637 DVD : AMERICAN PSYCHO (KILLER CE/ $ 8.50 Backorder
1 NLD005029 DVD : MAGNOLIA $ 16.32 In-stock
1 NLD005166 DVD : 15 MINUTES $ 7.20 In-stock
1 WBD031622 DVD : WEST WING-3RD SEASON $ 31.11 Backorder

Merchandise Total: $ 186.47

2nd Order:

1 BVD019298 DVD : INSIDER, THE $ 7.48 Backorder
1 BVD031042 DVD : CONFESSIONS OF A DANGEROUS $ 7.48 In-stock
1 MCA020558 DVD : SNOW FALLING ON CEDARS $ 7.91 In-stock
1 MGD003332 DVD : USUAL SUSPECTS (SE), THE $ 10.93 Backorder
1 PRD034126 DVD : COACH CARTER (WS) $ 12.91 In-stock
1 PRD338684 DVD : TIMELINE (WS) $ 7.48 Backorder
1 WBD006636 DVD : MISTS OF AVALON, THE $ 7.20 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 61.39

Getting paid back for 8 of the 19 items....but huzzah for free shipping and no tax!

This damn sale...couldn't resist going back one more time for the 4400 Season 1 and Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison Box Set. A small order but brings my total up to a bit over $250 for the sale.

placed my first order with them

SHIELD-3RD SEASON $ 27.59 1 $ 27.59
SHIELD-1ST SEASON $ 35.12 1 $ 35.12
SHIELD-2ND SEASON $ 35.12 1 $ 35.12
ENTOURAGE-1ST SEASON $ 22.22 1 $ 22.22
OZ-5TH SEASON $ 38.98 1 $ 38.98
SOPRANOS-5TH SEASON $ 51.72 1 $ 51.72
DEADWOOD-1ST SEASON $ 55.91 1 $ 55.91
COACH CARTER (WS) $ 12.91 1 $ 12.91
NATIONAL TREASURE (WS) $ 16.91 1 $ 16.91
ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13 (WS) $ 15.31 1 $ 15.31
LIFE AQUATIC (CRITERION) $ 17.99 1 $ 17.99