*Dead* eBay 15 off 75 5 hourflash sale, works on non-ebay GCs

ebay 5 hour flash sale

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2016/...pring.html

use code C15SPRING
$15 off $75

Exclusions: Coins & Paper Money, Bullion, eBay Gift Cards, and Real Estate.
Coupon can be used once per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last.

Credit goes to: avalon over at SD

I just used the code and got $75 worth of GS giftcards for $60.  (plus 1.50 ebay bucks and cash back).

*edit* eBay GC's can be purchased:

It looks like you need an order of $15+ worth of 'valid' items, then you can pick up eBay GCs to get up to the $75 threshold.  Good old eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
First payment failed. Second time is pending again. Never had an eBay transaction not go through instantly. Must be some new eBay "security feature".

I just do the digital ones as well. Got a $25 BBY and $50 eBay card. Used my $15 eBay card I finally got from like two promos ago, so $45 out of pocket to save $15.

Digital Best Buy cards showing a delivery date of Sunday, guess I won't be buying Hyrule Warriors Legends from Best Buy x.x

Digital Best Buy cards showing a delivery date of Sunday, guess I won't be buying Hyrule Warriors Legends from Best Buy x.x
When they did this last time, my card was purchased on the 13th, but they showed the 19th as the delivery date, but I received the code later in the day, so it probably won't take that long.

Any idea how people are taking advantage of more than one deal?

Is it hard to impossible to have multiple PayPal accounts?

I'm thinking say I have one $500 eBay GC. Could I create seven eBay accounts, and buy one $70 ($100) Staples gift on each eBay account, paying each time via that same original $500 eBay one, leaving me with $700 in Staples credit plus $10 remainder in eBay?

Any idea how people are taking advantage of more than one deal?

Is it hard to impossible to have multiple PayPal accounts?

I'm thinking say I have one $500 eBay GC. Could I create seven eBay accounts, and buy one $70 ($100) Staples gift on each eBay account, paying each time via that same original $500 eBay one, leaving me with $700 in Staples credit plus $10 remainder in eBay?
Last time one of these were around, I did one on my account, tried my wife's and it was blocked. Unless there was something wrong with her account I think it is pp high risk security

No, turns out I'm getting a Transaction Refused message, and it's because I'm trying to purchase 3 gift cards from "paypal digital gifts". Won't let me buy more than one at a time. Anyone know a way around this?

Will admit.. this was an oddity. 1st Order was in Pending status. Then came back as didnt go through like 30 mins later. 

I try to pay again, apply code, said couldnt apply code. Tried again the code, which applied it. Then order went through fine.. 

So definitely some oddities on this coupon.  

Thanks for the heads-up!  I finally bit the bullet and picked up a Vita 64GB memory card on eBay (~$72 after the discount).  I hate paying even that much, but it's better than $100+ :\

Seems like I figured out my problem. Second pending payment failed. Decided to buy two gift cards instead of a gift card and an item from another seller. Payment went through instantly. So the problem is with that seller, not at all on my end.

Thanks for providing such a clear error message eBay.

Link? or Seller?
I received an email stating that item that I have been watching was relisted, which was the $85 for $100 TRU cards, but when I actually tried to add them to cart a message in gray box pops up. I just came back from buying an ebay card with my Gamestop credit lol

I ended up with a very cheap Chevron gas card.

the c15spring code can only be used once per account right?

I received an email stating that item that I have been watching was relisted, which was the $85 for $100 TRU cards, but when I actually tried to add them to cart a message in gray box pops up. I just came back from buying an ebay card with my Gamestop credit lol

I ended up with a very cheap Chevron gas card.

the c15spring code can only be used once per account right?
OP

use code C15SPRING
$15 off $75

Exclusions: Coins & Paper Money, Bullion, eBay Gift Cards, and Real Estate.
Coupon can be used once per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last.

Anyone willing to help me out who hasn't used their coupon yet? I went to buy two BB cards, one $50 and one $25 and paypal digital gifts cancelled my order for some reason. Now the code doesn't work for me, and theyre customer service wont respond before this deal is over.

Anyone willing to help me out who hasn't used their coupon yet? I went to buy two BB cards, one $50 and one $25 and paypal digital gifts cancelled my order for some reason. Now the code doesn't work for me, and theyre customer service wont respond before this deal is over.
sure just send me your paypal email address so I can deposit $15 lol

Used ebay gc money towards a physical gas gift card $25, and $50 ebay egift card. Little confused why paypal is wanting to take $8.15 out of my bank...no notation of seeing ebay gc money used. Will I get charged from my bank entirely?

Used ebay gc money towards a physical gas gift card $25, and $50 ebay egift card. Little confused why paypal is wanting to take $8.15 out of my bank...no notation of seeing ebay gc money used. Will I get charged from my bank entirely?
Was there a shipping charge for the physical card?

you may have had an auto setting on paypal set to take money out of your bank. or had something else in your cart?

sure just send me your paypal email address so I can deposit $15 lol
No need to be a dick, some people don't take advantage of these coupons. I've helped a few people grab discounted PSN codes who don't live in the US without asking for any money out of it.

I guess your mother never taught you manners. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

you may have had an auto setting on paypal set to take money out of your bank. or had something else in your cart?
Just remembered it was something else unrelated to the ebay purchases, disregard.

And to JCDogg911 - yeah there was a $2.95 shipping charge, but it all took from my ebay gc.

It took 2 hours for me to get my best buy digital gift card. A little longer than usual.
It's been over two hours for me and I'm still waiting. I was about to order something from Best Buy to go pick up but having to wait on my email. I wonder how much longer.

Thanks OP! Got $75 of GameStop cards (I did 50+25, though of course 3x25 would also work) for $60, which I'll turn into $75 of Amazon credit. :)

eBay's eGC system is so funky.  In this deal and in the last deal inputting a eBay GC to buy an eGC and a physical item and inputting the coupon code leads to all kinds of weirdness when checking out.  It will take the coupon code then a GC code, then bug out and unselect the coupon and not register the gift card.  Anyone else encountering this issue?

Like last time, Paypal keeps denying my transaction (though buying Gamestop cards worked last time when eBay cards didn't). Hell if I'm going to sit on the phone with them and try to get it to work, especially when there's only twenty minutes left; I've already had horrible experiences with them before, so I'm not too surprised about this.

Edit: went ahead and bought a $100 physical gift card from another seller and it went through without any trouble. I had to pay $1 for shipping, but I'll live. Funny how only Paypal Gifts gives me trouble for "suspicious activity."

Ended up getting a CVS physical gift card on one account ($100 for $73 after coupon) and $25 + $50 Gamestop E-GC on another account. Could always change the GS to Amazon or some other type of gift card later on. Thanks OP.

Went ahead and did ebay and gamestop combo.  I don't mind if Ebay keeps this up.  Especially with the new GC policy.

Thanks OP! Got $75 of GameStop cards (I did 50+25, though of course 3x25 would also work) for $60, which I'll turn into $75 of Amazon credit. :)
Can you use GS credit to purchase Amazon gift cards at our local GS?

I tried this a couple of months ago at my local store. The employee tried over and over to process the transaction, and he even called his manager to help him figure out why it wasn't working. The manager told him that you cannot use GS gift cards to purchase Amazon or Shell gift cards.

Is my store just wrong or is this a widespread thing now? I've passed on other deals to get GS credit since I didn't think I'd be able to convert it to Amazon credit.

No need to be a dick, some people don't take advantage of these coupons. I've helped a few people grab discounted PSN codes who don't live in the US without asking for any money out of it.

I guess your mother never taught you manners. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
I don't care about what you have done

I placed an order with the Ebay app since I wasn't getting home from work before the code expires. It told me the order went through, but it is not in my purchase history and Paypal wasn't charged. Damn code expired :(

bread's done
Back