*Dead* eBay 15 off 75 5 hourflash sale, works on non-ebay GCs

ebay 5 hour flash sale

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2016/...pring.html

use code C15SPRING
$15 off $75

Exclusions: Coins & Paper Money, Bullion, eBay Gift Cards, and Real Estate.
Coupon can be used once per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last.

Credit goes to: avalon over at SD

I just used the code and got $75 worth of GS giftcards for $60.  (plus 1.50 ebay bucks and cash back).

*edit* eBay GC's can be purchased:

It looks like you need an order of $15+ worth of 'valid' items, then you can pick up eBay GCs to get up to the $75 threshold.  Good old eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed an order with the Ebay app since I wasn't getting home from work before the code expires. It told me the order went through, but it is not in my purchase history and Paypal wasn't charged. Damn code expired :(
Others were using desktop mode in their mobile browsers to place their orders.

you may have had an auto setting on paypal set to take money out of your bank. or had something else in your cart?

No need to be a dick, some people don't take advantage of these coupons. I've helped a few people grab discounted PSN codes who don't live in the US without asking for any money out of it.

I guess your mother never taught you manners. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
this is a one time code so most people will probably use it themselves.

and if they don't care for this coupon code, they probably won't bother browsing this thread.

ps

you're too sensitive

the other guy wasn't being a dick.

he was trying to be funny.

even if his reply wasn't helpful, you shouldn't have been offended

OK my transaction went through but it was weird. First I used a ebay GC and the coupon to buy $50 and $25 BB GC and then used $30 from my card. It said it didn't go through. So I tried again and it took the coupon off but it said my GC had zero balance. I was in a rush so I figured I'd deal with that later and tried doing the transaction while using $60 of my own money and that didn't go through either so I said screw it I'll do it later. When I got home I had an email saying my first transaction went through with PayPal charging my card $30 and then another email saying my other transaction was denied. And I still haven't gotten my GC yet. Anyone get them yet?

and if they don't care for this coupon code, they probably won't bother browsing this thread.

ps

you're too sensitive

wasnt offended, just easier to put people on ignore who's post history is being a dick, and that he likes all of his posts. everything is good, so lets move on

ps

you're too sensitive

you get me! :grouphug:

that dude did get a major case of butthurtitis lol

OK my transaction went through but it was weird. First I used a ebay GC and the coupon to buy $50 and $25 BB GC and then used $30 from my card. It said it didn't go through. So I tried again and it took the coupon off but it said my GC had zero balance. I was in a rush so I figured I'd deal with that later and tried doing the transaction while using $60 of my own money and that didn't go through either so I said screw it I'll do it later. When I got home I had an email saying my first transaction went through with PayPal charging my card $30 and then another email saying my other transaction was denied. And I still haven't gotten my GC yet. Anyone get them yet?
Placed an order that went through for 1 $100 Best Buy GC at 12:05pm eastern haven't received mine as yet.

It was $100 staples card for $70.  Then use the staples card to buy ebay gift cards or whatever store you want from staples. 

Elaborate. Why the heck Staples?
500-796620-847__1.jpg

Did anyone else not have their payment go through? Saw this thread with 10 minutes left, but my payment didn't go through on eBay for some reason.

Can you use GS credit to purchase Amazon gift cards at our local GS?

I tried this a couple of months ago at my local store. The employee tried over and over to process the transaction, and he even called his manager to help him figure out why it wasn't working. The manager told him that you cannot use GS gift cards to purchase Amazon or Shell gift cards.

Is my store just wrong or is this a widespread thing now? I've passed on other deals to get GS credit since I didn't think I'd be able to convert it to Amazon credit.
I do it all the time with the GS gift cards I get from filling out opinion surveys; I can't imagine this will be any different. I'll find out soon enough as I have the GS gift cards now and should be hitting up a local GS sometime in the next couple days. [emoji14]

Any idea how people are taking advantage of more than one deal?

Is it hard to impossible to have multiple PayPal accounts?

I'm thinking say I have one $500 eBay GC. Could I create seven eBay accounts, and buy one $70 ($100) Staples gift on each eBay account, paying each time via that same original $500 eBay one, leaving me with $700 in Staples credit plus $10 remainder in eBay?
This isn't possible. As soon as an eBay gift card is used the balance is permanently locked to the PayPal account that partially redeemed it.

I just got my BB emailed GCs now. I didn't even think the purchase went through considering all the PayPal eBay errors I was getting.

Any idea how people are taking advantage of more than one deal?

Is it hard to impossible to have multiple PayPal accounts?

I'm thinking say I have one $500 eBay GC. Could I create seven eBay accounts, and buy one $70 ($100) Staples gift on each eBay account, paying each time via that same original $500 eBay one, leaving me with $700 in Staples credit plus $10 remainder in eBay?

This isn't possible. As soon as an eBay gift card is used the balance is permanently locked to the PayPal account that partially redeemed it.
Not that I want to test, but since I've bought at least an ebay gift card+another gift card with ebay gift cards.. wouldn't someone just be able to use that $500 into 7 ebay gift cards and use those for their several PayPal accounts?

A lot of people have said they traded GS cards for ebay gift card, so you could probably just get 5-7 gift card balances on however many ebay gift cards you wanted there. If you wanted, I guess.

Unless they want to refuse you or PayPal eventually locks your accounts or eBay refuses to sell you Gift Cards. Seems like something that might not slide for too long anyway.

I feel like this month there won't be any eBay bucks promos since people have eBay bucks to spend like myself. I was hoping to double dip with a 4x or 5x but looks like thats not happening. Haven't even seen any $ off coupons either, guess they were trying to bump their last quarter numbers.

I feel like this month there won't be any eBay bucks promos since people have eBay bucks to spend like myself. I was hoping to double dip with a 4x or 5x but looks like thats not happening. Haven't even seen any $ off coupons either, guess they were trying to bump their last quarter numbers.
Thank you based Person808, I had completely forgotten I got eBay bucks and they would have expired. I only have about $8, but $8 is $8.

yeah I am having transaction error withdrawals

I've been used to spending my friday nights getting rejected in more ways than normal

oh well at least women and society are there to reject me when paypal and ebay let me down

Wait till the end of the quarter. That's why eBay went nuts at the end of March.

BTW you can no longer buy eBay gift cards with eBay gift cards on ebay lol.. you can buy other gift cards and you can use eBay bucks to buy eBay gift cards for now..hopefully at least that doesn't change

bread's done
Back