[DEAD] GameFly PC Download Summer Sale: Final Destination

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
GameFly Summer PC Download Sale
Sale Ends 6/20/2012 at 11:59 PM PST.

Extra 10% off code SLICK0611 Valid thru the 24th (can be used multiple time, only applies to Digital Games, Pre-Order Digital Games, Bundles, Bundles containing Pre-Order Items.)
Final Destination (All 94 Titles)

West Coast

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 $2.49
Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm $2.49
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars $2.49
SpellForce Platinum Edition $2.49
GUN $2.49
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas $3.75
L.A. Noire $4.99
Blur $4.99
Cabela's Trophy Bucks $4.99
Vampire: The Masquarade Bloodlines $4.99
Driver: San Francisco $7.49
Dead Rising 2 $9.99
Call of Juarez: The Cartel $12.49
Need for Speed: The Run $13.99
Alan Wake $14.99
Fallout New Vegas $24.99
DiRT 3 $24.99
DiRT Mega Pack(includes DiRT 1, 2, 3, and Showdown) $79.99

East Coast

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition $4.99
Grand Theft Auto IV $4.99
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $7.49
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition $29.99 (4.99 + 7.49 = WTF?)
Prototype $4.99
Prototype 2 + Pre-Order Bonus $49.99
Left 4 Dead 2 $6.79
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game Of The Year Edition $4.99
Batman: Arkham City $7.49
Mafia II $7.49
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $9.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $40.19
The Darkness II $12.49

Kingdoms of Fantasy

Tomb Raider: Underworld $3.75
Kings Quest Collection $4.99
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $4.99
The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings Enhanced Edition $33.99
Total War: Shogun 2 $8.99
Rift $9.99
Rift Ashes of History Digital Collector's Edition $7.49
The Lord of The Rings: War in the North $9.99
A Game of Thrones: Genesis $9.99
Two Worlds II $9.99
The Sims Medieval $10.19
Stronghold 3 Gold $29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $35.99
TERA $39.99
TERA Collectors Edition $49.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $40.19

The Old World

Assassins Creed 2 Deluxe Edition $4.99
Assassins Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition $9.99
Assassins Creed Revelations Gold Edition $19.99
The Saboteur $4.99
Sid Meier's Civilization V $7.49
Empire and Napoleon Game of the Year Edition $10.19
Football Manager 2012 $19.99
Wargame: European Escalation $26.79
Battlefield 3 $29.99
F1 2011 $33.49
Sniper Elite V2 $44.99

Islands of Adventure

Far Cry $2.49
From Dust $3.75
Just Cause 2 $4.99 (Redeemable on Steam)
Pirates of Black Cove $4.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition $4.99
Risen $5.99
Bioshock 2 $7.49
Jurassic Park: The Game $7.49 (Redeemable on Steam)
Crysis Maximum Edition $8.99
Tropico 4 $9.99
Dead Island $11.99 (Redeemable on Steam)

The Final Frontier

Space Quest Collection $4.99
Dead Space $4.99 (Can be activated on Origin)
Dead Space 2 $4.99 (Can be activated on Origin)
Aliens vs. Predator $5.99 (Redeemable on Steam)
Mass Effect $4.99
Mass Effect 2 $4.99
Mass Effect 3 $35.99
Transformers: War for Cybertron $7.49
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $10.19 (Requires Steam)

Road Trip to the Future

X-Com: UFO Defense $1.25
Portal 2 $6.79 (Steam required)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution $7.49 (Steam required)
Singularity $7.49
Back to the Future: The Game $7.49
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition $9.99
Homefront $9.99 (Steam Required)
Brink $9.99 (Redeemable on Steam)
Syndicate $20.39 (Origin required)
Anno 2070 $24.99
Rage $29.99 (Steam required)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shaggyc']I'm sure they aren't but can anyone confirm whether or not both or either batmans are steam redeemable?[/QUOTE]

nope

I'll wait for steam sale to get batman then. fuck gamefly client. They can give out keys or they can continue being irrellevant

Has anyone ever seen LA Noire elsewhere for that price? I was totally going to pick it up but I misread "6/7 11:59PM" as being "7 11:59PM". I thought the last round of sales ended tonight; the only reason I held off on LA Noire was because I was seeing if Amazon would PM (they're too busy to PM anything right now, according to Tony).

But yeah, has it ever dropped this low before? Hoping it goes up for this price again. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Bosamba']June 11th - The Old World
http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/search/?kw=TheOldWorld&pf=1100#.T9Gxs9VYubM

Full Titles
Assassins Creed 2 Deluxe Edition $ 5.00
Assassins Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition $ 10.00
Assassins Creed Revelations $ 20.00[/QUOTE]

I think I love GameFly.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Has anyone ever seen LA Noire elsewhere for that price? I was totally going to pick it up but I misread "6/7 11:59PM" as being "7 11:59PM". I thought the last round of sales ended tonight; the only reason I held off on LA Noire was because I was seeing if Amazon would PM (they're too busy to PM anything right now, according to Tony).

But yeah, has it ever dropped this low before? Hoping it goes up for this price again. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Steam will probably have it marked down during the summer sale.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Has anyone ever seen LA Noire elsewhere for that price? I was totally going to pick it up but I misread "6/7 11:59PM" as being "7 11:59PM". I thought the last round of sales ended tonight; the only reason I held off on LA Noire was because I was seeing if Amazon would PM (they're too busy to PM anything right now, according to Tony).

But yeah, has it ever dropped this low before? Hoping it goes up for this price again. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

http://www.shacknews.com/article/74165/gamefly-begins-huge-summer-sale-today#
looks like you may get another chance

Gotta say, as good as these prices are/were, GameFly is the biggest pain. They sent me a message saying unless I called them by phone within 48 hours, my orders would be cancelled. Really cool when their offices close at 4PM (give me a break, 4PM?) and I'm in Hawaii. Apparently that is standard protocol for any new buyer using a credit/debit card. Never had to do that with any other company; ever. Really stupid.

Also, the downloader is slow as sin. Through Amazon's downloader (as crappy as it is) I could easily get 1000kbps+. Through GameFly I'm lucky to get 300kbps... Honestly? Oh well, can't complain for the price.

I would have jumped on Prototype (always been curious about it, but heard it wasn't good enough to mess with) if I could have activated it on Steam. I already have Steam and Origin; I do not want to have to use a third game client, especially if it is as slow as everyone is claiming.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I would have jumped on Prototype (always been curious about it, but heard it wasn't good enough to mess with) if I could have activated it on Steam. I already have Steam and Origin; I do not want to have to use a third game client, especially if it is as slow as everyone is claiming.[/QUOTE]
Apparently it isn't a game client, it's just a downloader. Once you've downloaded the game you don't have to use it at all (from what I've heard).

Having dealt with them extensively, they suck. They're great at saying "We want to help, contact us", but nothing beyond that. I'd go into my horror stories dealing with them, but the numbers on that site speak for themselves:

336 Negative Comments out of 406 Total Comments is 82.76%.

To anyone wondering how the client works, I've downloaded a couple games now and I can say for certain that:

1. You "download" the game through the client; this is extremely slow (200-300kbps on broadband).

2. You "install" the game through the client; sometimes pressing the "install" button will simply launch the same setup you'd see if you ran the game from a CD or used the game's default setup program.

3. You select the installation path before or (sometimes) during the setup; this will install the game files extraneous from the GameFly client.

4. When you first launch the game, a GameFly window will popup and automatically activate the game; if you do this offline, you simply need to check in your purchase history for the game's activation key and put that in.

And that's it. The GameFly client is NOT a game client like Steam or Origin, it's simply a downloader/installer. It's slow, yes, but beyond that it's really no big deal and it's easy enough to navigate (and also allows you to specify the installation path, which is nice).

If you're offline and trying to activate a game that DOESN'T come with an activation code (like VTM: Bloodlines), the popup will give you an "unlock request code". You need to contact GameFly support and give them this number, they will get back to quite quickly (only took a few minutes for me) with an activation code you can use.

All in all, I'm pleased enough with how they do things. Steam is nice, but my gaming laptop right now CANNOT go online whatsoever, so it's impossible for me to play Steam games. I'm happy that GameFly gives offline gamers a chance to play.

The speeds didn't seem too bad. I bought two games the other night, started them up before I went to sleep and they we're both done when I woke up. TOO easy.

Max Payne 3 on steam however took forever...

Downloading overnight means they took quite awhile to download, lol. Personally I don't really care how long it takes to download something anyways, like you said, overnight downloading isn't a big deal.

Excellent price on Shogun 2. I got it, and it's product key is usable with Steam. Has it ever been lower than $9?

Nice price on Civ V. I'll get that too when the sale happens.

[quote name='TotalHenshin']Excellent price on Shogun 2. I got it, and it's product key is usable with Steam. Has it ever been lower than $9?

Nice price on Civ V. I'll get that too when the sale happens.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much constantly been 7.50 in sales for the past few months.

[quote name='Corpekata']It's pretty much constantly been 7.50 in sales for the past few months.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I couldn't remember whether or not I remembered it being $7.50 during Amazon's Mayhem PCDD Sale. It's an awesome game at either price.

For those who are perhaps buying The Witcher, GOG.com is letting you use the product key from The Witcher (doesn't work with Steam), to have the game on GOG and download it through them. Their downloading client is about 3 times faster than Gamefly's.

[quote name='TotalHenshin']Yeah, I couldn't remember whether or not I remembered it being $7.50 during Amazon's Mayhem PCDD Sale. It's an awesome game at either price.

For those who are perhaps buying The Witcher, GOG.com is letting you use the product key from The Witcher (doesn't work with Steam), to have the game on GOG and download it through them. Their downloading client is about 3 times faster than Gamefly's.[/QUOTE]

It does work with Steam if you go through the verification process on this site: http://www.thewitcher.com/backup/

It has Steam instructions.

[quote name='plus1zero']I got the Witcher 2 for 4.74 after 5% off..I liked 2 and figured 1 was worth 5[/QUOTE]
Uh, the Witcher 2 for $4.74?

[quote name='Blabadon']Do you need to have a membership in order for the prices to show up as they are?[/QUOTE]

No, you don't have to have a sub to the service. you will however have to sign up for a free account to purchase anything.

[quote name='JayFx2']Is GTA4 redeemable on steam with the activation code from gamefly?[/QUOTE]

No, that should be for GFWL. It doesn't register on Steam.

Loving Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines so far. To anyone considering picking it up when it goes on sale again (on the 19th was it?), it installs with the official v1.2 patch, so there's no need to grab that online.

A lot will tell you the fan patches are better (and I can't say otherwise), but it seems to be a common thought that the official patch fixes things up fine for the most part.

Not sure where you're getting that common thought from. The basic fan patch fixes like a zillion bugs. Can you even select most widescreen resolutions with the official patch?

I've seen multiple gaming communities say again and again that it's not that big of a deal to play through it with the official 1.2 patch. I really haven't run into any bugs yet myself, and the ones that remain don't break the game as far as everyone says. The fan patches also change things that don't need to be changed from what I hear, such as a line being changed to "Oh wait, Troika didn't finish making that weapon, lolololol" or something. Kinda makes one rather play it Vanilla first (I'll try Wesp's patch after I play through the game once, probably).

As far as the resolutions, I've got it on my standard laptop resolution of 1366x768, so it's good for me.

I bought one game in the gamefly client and one game on the gamefly website. I had to wait an age for the website to confirm my order, but the game I bought in the client activated strait away. Not sure if this was a coincidence, but it might be better to download the gamefly client and buy the game from there. Can anybody corroborate?

[quote name='democrax']I bought one game in the gamefly client and one game on the gamefly website. I had to wait an age for the website to confirm my order, but the game I bought in the client activated strait away. Not sure if this was a coincidence, but it might be better to download the gamefly client and buy the game from there. Can anybody corroborate?[/QUOTE]

I bought Assassin's Creed II on the site, and almost instantly was able to start downloading it from the client.

[quote name='Outrager']I don't think the Crysis ME was actually put on sale because it was $14.99 even before the sale started.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, only reason I changed the price to $4.49 because of the stepsister thread over @Slick Deals had that price written down and the editor was saying how great of a deal it was for that particular game. I've changed it back since so as not to mislead anyone.

[quote name='Bosamba']Yeah, only reason I changed the price to $4.49 because of the stepsister thread over @Slick Deals had that price written down and the editor was saying how great of a deal it was for that particular game. I've changed it back since so as not to mislead anyone.[/QUOTE]

I was really looking forward to Crysis for

[quote name='xanchui']Crysis Max is showing as 4.49 for me, maybe they were late updating the price[/QUOTE]

I think you're right. Sweet.

[quote name='xanchui']Crysis Max is showing as 4.49 for me, maybe they were late updating the price[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to use the 10% off code SLICK0611

[quote name='sylveranking']I am seeing lower reviews on the PC version, is From Dust better on the consoles? What are the differences?[/QUOTE]

This article is over a year old, but the links to the Ubisoft forums have updated information. User uproar over From Dust PC port

While I got incredibly bored quickly with Assassin's Creed 1, I'm thinking of trying 2. Seems like a good price and I know quite a few people that hated one and loved the rest.

EDIT: Never mind, it's back up to $19.99... That's what I get for waiting.

[quote name='gentlyporking']While I got incredibly bored quickly with Assassin's Creed 1, I'm thinking of trying 2. Seems like a good price and I know quite a few people that hated one and loved the rest.

EDIT: Never mind, it's back up to $19.99... That's what I get for waiting.[/QUOTE]

All expired discounted titles go back on sale from June 19-20

I cant buy anything from GameFly since I'm in Argentina and they have RESTRICTIONS. With Direct2Drive I could purchase some games, now I cant buy any. fuck.

So, this is coming from someone who is a complete noob when it comes to PC gaming (my laptop is ~7 years old and the concept of trying playing a game on it terrifies me) but I'm planning on getting a new system in the next 2-3 months and I had was wondering, when purchasing a direct download online, how important is the source? I've heard a lot about Origin being a pain, Steam being pretty awesome, and beyond that a few games having DRM issues that ruin the whole experience, and frankly it can be a lot to filter through. I guess my question would be if I purchase any of these games through Gamefly, say for example Crysis ME, would there be any reason why I'd be better off purchasing it through Steam or even the disc based version? Sorry, I'm sure its a pretty basic question, but I'd like to get it figured out since I feel like I've missed out on some good PC games by primarily sticking to my PS3 & Xbox 360. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

[quote name='thahamburglir']So, this is coming from someone who is a complete noob when it comes to PC gaming (my laptop is ~7 years old and the concept of trying playing a game on it terrifies me) but I'm planning on getting a new system in the next 2-3 months and I had was wondering, when purchasing a direct download online, how important is the source? I've heard a lot about Origin being a pain, Steam being pretty awesome, and beyond that a few games having DRM issues that ruin the whole experience, and frankly it can be a lot to filter through. I guess my question would be if I purchase any of these games through Gamefly, say for example Crysis ME, would there be any reason why I'd be better off purchasing it through Steam or even the disc based version? Sorry, I'm sure its a pretty basic question, but I'd like to get it figured out since I feel like I've missed out on some good PC games by primarily sticking to my PS3 & Xbox 360. Any advice would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

If you are thinking of getting Crysis (even from Steam) you should look into SecuROM first it uses this DRM. Personally I wont fuck with it even though I really would like to play Crysis on PC. I am pretty new to PC gaming as well so I cant give you much in the way of help other than that. You can Google; "*Game Name* DRM" and it will usually give something to go on.

[quote name='thahamburglir']So, this is coming from someone who is a complete noob when it comes to PC gaming (my laptop is ~7 years old and the concept of trying playing a game on it terrifies me) but I'm planning on getting a new system in the next 2-3 months and I had was wondering, when purchasing a direct download online, how important is the source? I've heard a lot about Origin being a pain, Steam being pretty awesome, and beyond that a few games having DRM issues that ruin the whole experience, and frankly it can be a lot to filter through. I guess my question would be if I purchase any of these games through Gamefly, say for example Crysis ME, would there be any reason why I'd be better off purchasing it through Steam or even the disc based version? Sorry, I'm sure its a pretty basic question, but I'd like to get it figured out since I feel like I've missed out on some good PC games by primarily sticking to my PS3 & Xbox 360. Any advice would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]
The best advice I could give to you. Buy games digitally from: Steam, GOG, and HumbleBundle/IndieRoyale/Groupees/everybundleontheforum.
Almost all PC games require activation online so its the same to buy it physically and digitially. Steam and GOG every now and then have terrific sales and the bundles posted on this forums are DRM Free, Steam Codes or Desura Codes (Desura is a client similar to Steam but its games are DRM free and support a lot of indie developers).
Thats it.

bread's done
Back