[DEAD] GameFly PC Download Summer Sale: Final Destination

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
GameFly Summer PC Download Sale
Sale Ends 6/20/2012 at 11:59 PM PST.

Extra 10% off code SLICK0611 Valid thru the 24th (can be used multiple time, only applies to Digital Games, Pre-Order Digital Games, Bundles, Bundles containing Pre-Order Items.)
Final Destination (All 94 Titles)

West Coast

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 $2.49
Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm $2.49
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars $2.49
SpellForce Platinum Edition $2.49
GUN $2.49
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas $3.75
L.A. Noire $4.99
Blur $4.99
Cabela's Trophy Bucks $4.99
Vampire: The Masquarade Bloodlines $4.99
Driver: San Francisco $7.49
Dead Rising 2 $9.99
Call of Juarez: The Cartel $12.49
Need for Speed: The Run $13.99
Alan Wake $14.99
Fallout New Vegas $24.99
DiRT 3 $24.99
DiRT Mega Pack(includes DiRT 1, 2, 3, and Showdown) $79.99

East Coast

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition $4.99
Grand Theft Auto IV $4.99
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $7.49
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition $29.99 (4.99 + 7.49 = WTF?)
Prototype $4.99
Prototype 2 + Pre-Order Bonus $49.99
Left 4 Dead 2 $6.79
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game Of The Year Edition $4.99
Batman: Arkham City $7.49
Mafia II $7.49
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 $9.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 $40.19
The Darkness II $12.49

Kingdoms of Fantasy

Tomb Raider: Underworld $3.75
Kings Quest Collection $4.99
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $4.99
The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings Enhanced Edition $33.99
Total War: Shogun 2 $8.99
Rift $9.99
Rift Ashes of History Digital Collector's Edition $7.49
The Lord of The Rings: War in the North $9.99
A Game of Thrones: Genesis $9.99
Two Worlds II $9.99
The Sims Medieval $10.19
Stronghold 3 Gold $29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $35.99
TERA $39.99
TERA Collectors Edition $49.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $40.19

The Old World

Assassins Creed 2 Deluxe Edition $4.99
Assassins Creed Brotherhood Deluxe Edition $9.99
Assassins Creed Revelations Gold Edition $19.99
The Saboteur $4.99
Sid Meier's Civilization V $7.49
Empire and Napoleon Game of the Year Edition $10.19
Football Manager 2012 $19.99
Wargame: European Escalation $26.79
Battlefield 3 $29.99
F1 2011 $33.49
Sniper Elite V2 $44.99

Islands of Adventure

Far Cry $2.49
From Dust $3.75
Just Cause 2 $4.99 (Redeemable on Steam)
Pirates of Black Cove $4.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition $4.99
Risen $5.99
Bioshock 2 $7.49
Jurassic Park: The Game $7.49 (Redeemable on Steam)
Crysis Maximum Edition $8.99
Tropico 4 $9.99
Dead Island $11.99 (Redeemable on Steam)

The Final Frontier

Space Quest Collection $4.99
Dead Space $4.99 (Can be activated on Origin)
Dead Space 2 $4.99 (Can be activated on Origin)
Aliens vs. Predator $5.99 (Redeemable on Steam)
Mass Effect $4.99
Mass Effect 2 $4.99
Mass Effect 3 $35.99
Transformers: War for Cybertron $7.49
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $10.19 (Requires Steam)

Road Trip to the Future

X-Com: UFO Defense $1.25
Portal 2 $6.79 (Steam required)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution $7.49 (Steam required)
Singularity $7.49
Back to the Future: The Game $7.49
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition $9.99
Homefront $9.99 (Steam Required)
Brink $9.99 (Redeemable on Steam)
Syndicate $20.39 (Origin required)
Anno 2070 $24.99
Rage $29.99 (Steam required)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thahamburglir']So, this is coming from someone who is a complete noob when it comes to PC gaming (my laptop is ~7 years old and the concept of trying playing a game on it terrifies me) but I'm planning on getting a new system in the next 2-3 months and I had was wondering, when purchasing a direct download online, how important is the source? I've heard a lot about Origin being a pain, Steam being pretty awesome, and beyond that a few games having DRM issues that ruin the whole experience, and frankly it can be a lot to filter through. I guess my question would be if I purchase any of these games through Gamefly, say for example Crysis ME, would there be any reason why I'd be better off purchasing it through Steam or even the disc based version? Sorry, I'm sure its a pretty basic question, but I'd like to get it figured out since I feel like I've missed out on some good PC games by primarily sticking to my PS3 & Xbox 360. Any advice would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

I guess it depends on if you plan to get just a few games or a lot. PC digital downloads can often go really cheap and the big Steam summer sale is coming up soon (and when I say big I mean like 90% of the store is on sale) so it's not hard between sales and bundles to amass a lot of games in a relatively short time.

For me having a lot of games and having Steam makes everything so much easier because the games are all in one place organized and automatically updated so I know I'm always running the latest version. I know there are others who are rabidly opposed to any client or DRM or just would prefer more hands on micromanagement of their game collection and that's fine too.

Gamefly's PC download store and Gamestop's aren't overly popular and in fact both have been bought out once. Gamefly bought Direct2Drive and Gamestop bought Impulse. Origin has a lot of users but arguably that's mainly because EA has started releasing games that require it.

It's also worth noting that a number of new games these days use Steamworks as their DRM thus they will require Steam no matter where you buy them. If Steam is your destination of choice for PC gaming then for those games it doesn't matter where you get them, just look for the best deal.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. If your gaming PC has internet access, any kind of DRM really isn't that big of a deal unless you're extremely picky. The only problem I ever run into is that my gaming computer has no web access.

Does anyone know if this version of Crysis is the "improved" version that got retooled after Crysis 2 came out? And if it works with Steam or Origin?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='thahamburglir']So, this is coming from someone who is a complete noob when it comes to PC gaming (my laptop is ~7 years old and the concept of trying playing a game on it terrifies me) but I'm planning on getting a new system in the next 2-3 months and I had was wondering, when purchasing a direct download online, how important is the source? I've heard a lot about Origin being a pain, Steam being pretty awesome, and beyond that a few games having DRM issues that ruin the whole experience, and frankly it can be a lot to filter through. I guess my question would be if I purchase any of these games through Gamefly, say for example Crysis ME, would there be any reason why I'd be better off purchasing it through Steam or even the disc based version? Sorry, I'm sure its a pretty basic question, but I'd like to get it figured out since I feel like I've missed out on some good PC games by primarily sticking to my PS3 & Xbox 360. Any advice would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

I just got a gaming PC, and Origin is beyond terrible. The only reason I have it is for Battlefield 3.

Steam is the best by far IMO, gog is pretty good too. But Orgin is bad, GFWL is great compared to Origin.

[quote name='rollntider']is pirates of black cove a steam game also?[/QUOTE]

No. If you really want it on Steam I am sure it will be on their summer sale coming up in a couple of weeks.

[quote name='Motoki']No. If you really want it on Steam I am sure it will be on their summer sale coming up in a couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]

thank you

Man this. Client is awful. AC has been downloading off and on the last few days and it fluctuates from 500 hours to 6 hours.

I bought JC2 today and it is a 4GB file, downloaded in 45 min on steam. I don't know what's going on.

lol, yup this client's download times seem pretty terrible. It's a set it and forget it type of thing; don't sit and watch or it will go slower!

And Crysis ME is $4.04 after putting in the coupon code, pun123. Not $6. :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']fuck you, GameFly. I want everything on that list except for AvP and Space Quest (since I have no idea what that is).[/QUOTE]

You have brought shame to your honor by not understanding the hilarity that is Space Quest. Rectify immediately!

Hey guys, I'm a GameFly NOOB, never bought anything off of GameFly before and have 2 questions (although the 2nd is not really relevant to me being a GameFly noob :razz:). First of all, do you have to have a GameFly membership to purchase downloads and if so, can you join just to be able to buy games and not have to be signed up for the game rentals?

The more irrelevant question is that I got Mass Effect on Steam but haven't played it yet and haven't bought Mass Effect 2, so is it worth it to get the 2 of them for $4.50 each since that's cheaper combined than ME2 is on Steam and I'm assuming I could do the story/save file carryover stuff as well? Oh yeah, and since from what I understand, EA isn't going to allow ME3 to be released on Steam (at least I think I read or heard that) and I eventually want to get it when it's cheap enough, the same goes for the whole story/save file carryover stuff there as well.

Thanks of any feedback.

[quote name='JanusDS']Hey guys, I'm a GameFly NOOB, never bought anything off of GameFly before and have 2 questions (although the 2nd is not really relevant to me being a GameFly noob :razz:). First of all, do you have to have a GameFly membership to purchase downloads and if so, can you join just to be able to buy games and not have to be signed up for the game rentals?

The more irrelevant question is that I got Mass Effect on Steam but haven't played it yet and haven't bought Mass Effect 2, so is it worth it to get the 2 of them for $4.50 each since that's cheaper combined than ME2 is on Steam and I'm assuming I could do the story/save file carryover stuff as well? Oh yeah, and since from what I understand, EA isn't going to allow ME3 to be released on Steam (at least I think I read or heard that) and I eventually want to get it when it's cheap enough, the same goes for the whole story/save file carryover stuff there as well.

Thanks of any feedback.[/QUOTE]
First off, you don't have to subscribe to GameFly to buy things from them.

Second, it looks like it doesn't matter which version and where you got either Mass Effect 1/2 titles from. Either way you can tell Mass Effect 2 to import your save file from Mass Effect 1, as it reads the file and doesn't communicate with the internet or game client (like Steam). Read here for more info: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/131/index/5490810

You should be good just buying Mass Effect 2 here! Remember to put the coupon code in.

[quote name='HornyPony']Bleh GF won't give Steam codes for Mass Effect and Dead Space? Either way Steam will have sales on them this summer[/QUOTE]

No one gives Steam codes for EA games. You have to purchase them on Steam to own them on Steam.

GameFly, GameStop, EA, and the like need to realize that forcing people to download their proprietary download clients doesnt make us happy. I would gladly pa $5 for DS2, but to open yet another client to play one game is ridiculous.

Steam, DRM-free, or bust.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']GameFly, GameStop, EA, and the like need to realize that forcing people to download their proprietary download clients doesnt make us happy. I would gladly pa $5 for DS2, but to open yet another client to play one game is ridiculous.

Steam, DRM-free, or bust.[/QUOTE]
The client is not a game client; it's simply a downloader/installer. Read below.

[quote name='Idiotekque']To anyone wondering how the client works, I've downloaded a couple games now and I can say for certain that:

1. You "download" the game through the client; this is extremely slow (200-300kbps on broadband).

2. You "install" the game through the client; sometimes pressing the "install" button will simply launch the same setup you'd see if you ran the game from a CD or used the game's default setup program.

3. You select the installation path before or (sometimes) during the setup; this will install the game files extraneous from the GameFly client.

4. When you first launch the game, a GameFly window will popup and automatically activate the game; if you do this offline, you simply need to check in your purchase history for the game's activation key and put that in.

And that's it. The GameFly client is NOT a game client like Steam or Origin, it's simply a downloader/installer. It's slow, yes, but beyond that it's really no big deal and it's easy enough to navigate (and also allows you to specify the installation path, which is nice).

If you're offline and trying to activate a game that DOESN'T come with an activation code (like VTM: Bloodlines), the popup will give you an "unlock request code". You need to contact GameFly support and give them this number, they will get back to quite quickly (only took a few minutes for me) with an activation code you can use.

All in all, I'm pleased enough with how they do things. Steam is nice, but my gaming laptop right now CANNOT go online whatsoever, so it's impossible for me to play Steam games. I'm happy that GameFly gives offline gamers a chance to play.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sirdudeoi']Any chance the Dead Space games will be at a comparable price in the upcoming steam sale? Otherwise i'll just bite on this one.[/QUOTE]

There's a decent chance they'll be around $5 each. They go on sale somewhat often. Keep in mind Dead Space 2 has DRM no matter where you buy it. It has a 5 machine activation limit (you can revoke each machine whenever you want though). I personally hate having more DRM on top of Steam's DRM. If you buy it from gamefly, you can run it without any client.

[quote name='sunghost']No one gives Steam codes for EA games. You have to purchase them on Steam to own them on Steam.[/QUOTE]

This is not accurate. You can activate your game on Steam with the product activation code you receive from Gamefly. Amazon also offers the same thing. I'm not sure that it works with every game , but it worked for Need for Speed: The Run and Dead Space 2, along with several EA games purchased from Amazon.

[quote name='Idiotekque']What about DS1?[/QUOTE]

Its DRM got patched out on Steam. I think Dead Space 1 has DRM everywhere but Steam, but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't installed the non-Steam version.

Technically you could just buy both on Steam and register both on Origin with the keys from Steam, and play them clientless after downloading/installing them on Origin (they don't require Origin to be open to play).

EDIT: Looks like the Impulse version of Dead Space 1 doesn't have DRM either.. but who would use Impulse? ;)

I don't know why I asked. I'm buying enough already, lol. I'll just wait till I have a system that will actually run them; they're on sale pretty often so I'll be good (hopefully).

Deus Ex is $6.75 right now at Greenmangaming (after 10% off coupon you get for doing their survey)

It's crazy that THQ is stubbornly trying to sell Homefront for $9.99, when the infinitely better Deus Ex is cheaper. I'd love to pick up Homefront for the short singleplayer game, but they're going to have to do better than that.

Updated OP to show Steam titles.

[quote name='sunghost']
EDIT: Looks like the Impulse version of Dead Space 1 doesn't have DRM either.. but who would use Impulse? ;)[/QUOTE]

If Stardock and Brad Wardell still owned Impulse, maybe more PC gamers would use it again... ;)

I have barely used it, since GameStop took it over and made it GameStop PC App. Plus, some of the games that I have bought from them - they normally require Steam or utilize Origin. Might as well just plug the code into those superior services.

[quote name='Bosamba']GameFly Summer PC Download Sale
Main Sale Ends 6/20/2012 at 11:59 PM PST.
If you miss any of these sales, all the games of each theme will be back on sale June 19 for 48 hours. For a complete list of games and sale prices, check each themed page.

Extra 10% off code SLICK0611 Valid thru the 24th (only applies to Digital Games, Pre-Order Digital Games, Bundles, Bundles containing Pre-Order Items.)
[/QUOTE]

Hi all,

Three questions:

* Anyone know if the 10% off code can be used more than once? I'd hate to use it now, then not be able to use it when I buy more games on Tuesday. ('Cause if I can only use it once, obviously I'll just wait two days so I can get the same games and the others I missed out on with 10% off.)

* If the GameFly client really is just for downloading - and not used again for the game after that - why is Steam better? I am only now getting into the whole PC downloading thing so I would really like to know.... (Aside, I guess, from games automatically patching - which is pretty cool.)

* Are people thinking most of these games will be available at these prices on Steam when the Steam Summer Sale supposedly starts at the end of June?

Just tryin' to learn the ropes on this whole PC-downloading thing now that I have a video card that isn't pathetic. (With the sales going on now, I picked a pretty good time!)

Oh, and thanks for the thorough first post, Bosamba.

Cheers, all! :D

[quote name='Bizzquik']* Anyone know if the 10% off code can be used more than once? I'd hate to use it now, then not be able to use it when I buy more games on Tuesday. ('Cause if I can only use it once, obviously I'll just wait two days so I can get the same games and the others I missed out on with 10% off.)[/quote]
Yes, it can be used as many times as you want until the 24th. I've already used it a couple times myself.

[quote name='Bizzquik']* If the GameFly client really is just for downloading - and not used again for the game after that - why is Steam better? I am only now getting into the whole PC downloading thing so I would really like to know.... (Aside, I guess, from games automatically patching - which is pretty cool.)[/quote]
Steam is only better if you think it's better. Steam is very community based, and games are always auto-updated without any work on your part. It makes things nice and easy and some people prefer that to having to manually patch games themselves. On the flipside, if you're using user mods that auto-updating will often break the custom mods. It's not a big deal, but there are pros and cons to everything.

Probably the biggest thing people like about Steam is having all their games in one place; as in you can just open Steam and then browse all the games you have. That's really just a preference thing; I prefer having shortcuts to the games I'm actually playing on my desktop. I've seen someone here say "I bet you're one of those idiots with shortcuts to all your games on your desktop.", so honestly you can see how it's kind of a to each his own kind of thing.

In the end, I think GameFly's setup here is pretty nice since you don't have to use a game client like Steam. I'd rather just double-click a shortcut and be done with it, and that's basically what games through GameFly work out. Also note that if you lose internet connection and whatnot, playing and installing Steam games can be an epic pain in the butt.

[quote name='Bizzquik']* Are people thinking most of these games will be available at these prices on Steam when the Steam Summer Sale supposedly starts at the end of June?[/QUOTE]
A lot of them probably will, but surely not all of them. It's really your own risk and choice to wait. There are some games like Portal 2, the Dead Space titles, etc that are pretty much sure to show up in the Steam sale though. Other more obscure titles like Vampire: The Masquerade probably won't show up in the Steam sale though (I'd strongly recommend you check that one out when GameFly does the little second chance sale at the end of these sales).

Your only thing to think about is whether you would rather have this stuff on Steam.

You can play games on steam fine if you lose your connection, as long as you don't reboot. If you reboot, then it seems to reset your session and offline mode won't work. You don't have to worry about that with gamefly since all you do is download the game and install it.

There are quite of few steam only titles, so it's possible you might use it eventually anyways. However, steam doesn't sell any games that require you to go use gamefly or origin (that I am aware of). Though some games do require Games For Windows Live, but that's the same for wherever you buy it.

Gamefly downloader randomly slows down and speeds up, which is kind of annoying if you're impatient.

It's easier to organize your games with steam. I own over 300 games just on steam and if I had to click through 300 icons on my desktop, I would smash my computer. lol

[quote name='Idiotekque'] Other more obscure titles like Vampire: The Masquerade probably won't show up in the Steam sale though (I'd strongly recommend you check that one out when GameFly does the little second chance sale at the end of these sales).
[/QUOTE]

I bought that game from steam for 5 dollars during the last summer sale. Edit: Actually it was on July 28th, so it was probably a daily deal.

You can play games on steam fine if you lose your connection, as long as you don't reboot. If you reboot, then it seems to reset your session and offline mode won't work. You don't have to worry about that with gamefly since all you do is download the game and install it.

There are quite of few steam only titles, so it's possible you might use it eventually anyways.

Gamefly downloader randomly slows down and speeds up, which is kind of annoying if you're impatient. I've seen this happen on steam, too, during the big sales.

It's easier to organize your games with steam. I own over 300 games just on steam and if I had to click through 300 icons on my desktop, I would smash my computer, but I guess some people are into that.

Steam also has cloud saving on a number of games, achievements, and some titles are steamplay, which means they can be played on pc and mac and only have to be purchased once to do so.

Thanks for the replies, Idiotekque and Monkeydrummer. Great tips.

I will definitely get games like "Arkham City". Based on the little I've seen of it, I don't mind Games for Windows. (And if that does the auto-patching anyway, even more reason not to mind it.) I think I heard that "GFWL" has a bad reputation - I must be missing something. I actively use my Xbox 360, so GFWL has been pretty painless for me thus far with GTAIV.

Idiotekque mentioned the difficulties that come from modding a game when using Steam. I had read that. Various work-arounds exist, but not as easy as just installing a regular mod. I'm interested to learn what the community thinks of Steam's "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" mod-workshop - down the road, this would certainly be a game I would want on my PC, if for no other reason than for mods. (Guess I should check Skyrim's message board on Steam to get the low-down on it.)

Thanks again. I plan on going wild on Tuesday! ;)

Fair warning: I do not buy from Gamefly's PC digital distribution because they still owe me several games that I have not been able to access for months and months now.

I had about 30 games purchased from Direct2Drive and only about 10 of them are available through Gamefly. I have 20 games in my purchased history that I cannot download, access or anything. I have e-mailed them several times and they keep saying "we are beta, sorry" -- well, yeah. How about my games?

So, buy at your own risk. Personally I won't spend another dime on anything Gamefly related.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Thanks for the replies, Idiotekque and Monkeydrummer. Great tips.

I will definitely get games like "Arkham City". Based on the little I've seen of it, I don't mind Games for Windows. (And if that does the auto-patching anyway, even more reason not to mind it.) I think I heard that "GFWL" has a bad reputation - I must be missing something. I actively use my Xbox 360, so GFWL has been pretty painless for me thus far with GTAIV.

Idiotekque mentioned the difficulties that come from modding a game when using Steam. I had read that. Various work-arounds exist, but not as easy as just installing a regular mod. I'm interested to learn what the community thinks of Steam's "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" mod-workshop - down the road, this would certainly be a game I would want on my PC, if for no other reason than for mods. (Guess I should check Skyrim's message board on Steam to get the low-down on it.)

Thanks again. I plan on going wild on Tuesday! ;)[/QUOTE]

No problem!

Skyrim is actually the game I see most people complaining about when it comes to patching and mods. The thing is, you have to use steam to play that game. Because of that, the people making the mods are having to update their game too, so the mods are going to be up to date eventually unless the modder chooses to abandon their mod.

Steam Workshop is pretty awesome. When you subscribe to a mod, it checks when you start the game and downloads it. If an installed mod gets updated, then it automatically updates it. I use mods from the mod-workshop as well as the nexus mod manager and they work fine together.

Lots of people hate GFWL. I think these people have experienced all sorts of problems with it. I'm lucky enough that I've never really had any problems with it across about 10 different GFWL titles. Using your xbox gamertag is easy enough. I would highly recommend installing the GFWL PC Client before installing the GFWL games because it makes the patching smoother.

The problem I have experienced is with game saves. I like to format about once a month or two and I backup my save files. It doesn't work with some GFWL games, though, because some of them are encrypted and change every time you install. I had this problem with Fable 3 and I had to start over. Also, you often have to patch and restart the game and / or your computer a few times before the game is ready to play for the first time.

I think the supposed difficulties of modding are overrated. It varies from game to game, but every game I have tried to mod on Steam I've managed to do it. Sometimes there are some extra steps you have to take, sometimes not but even when there are it's not THAT big of a deal in my opinion.

Anyway, modding games in general even outside of Steam often involves jumping through certain hoops. That's just the nature of changing the game beyond what was intended. As long as you are willing to spend some time reading the readmes with the mods and sometimes posts from other users in forums then it's fine. And I am speaking about modding in general here Steam or no Steam. There are usally some caveats with any sort of mods but I think they can be worth it.

As for the Steam Workshop. I really like it. It makes modding SO much easier than with the past ES games it's not even funny. And I say this as someone who has both made mods and used them extensively for both Morrowind and Oblivion.

There's still some things you need to look out for even with the workshop like reading the authors info and being on the lookout for mod incompatibilies etc but it's really not that bad.

I wish they had something like that years ago when I was modding. There's no fussing with files involved, just click subscribe or unsubscribe to the mod and that's it! I can't tell you how much time I spent on 'tech support' for my mods telling people what a rar file is, where to get an extractor for it, which directory to extract the files to etc etc. It sounds like really simple stuff and it is but lots of people had problems with it.

[quote name='Monkeydrummer']Skyrim is actually the game I see most people complaining about when it comes to patching and mods. The thing is, you have to use steam to play that game. Because of that, the people making the mods are having to update their game too, so the mods are going to be up to date eventually unless the modder chooses to abandon their mod.
[/QUOTE]

Meh I think people just like to find things to bitch about honestly. You pretty much HAD to update your mod every time a patch came out back in the day on Morrowind and Oblivion anyway. It wasn't quite as immediately urgent but there was a a lot of pressure from the users for modders to update their mod for the latest patch.

At least this system keeps everyone on the same page running the same version. That way you don't have to worry about providing mod support for god knows how many different versions are floating around out there. I know some people complain about it but I for one like getting all the updates and fixes and always prefer to have the latest version.

[quote name='Motoki']
There's still some things you need to look out for even with the workshop like reading the authors info and being on the lookout for mod incompatibilies etc but it's really not that bad.
[/QUOTE]

All I can think of is what you mentioned and mods that use the script extender, but as long as the user takes advantage of the readme and / or mod descriptions, like you said, then it should be mostly painless.

I agree about people looking for stuff to bitch about, but I kind of feel bad for the people that hate auto-update because they live on farms and have to peddle a bike for an hour to get enough bandwidth to download the update.

$30 on Rage is hilarious, lol. Pretty weak prices on the final set of stuff.

In for Fallout 3 GOTY for $8.99 though! Haven't seen it that cheap before. :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']$30 on Rage is hilarious, lol. Pretty weak prices on the final set of stuff.

In for Fallout 3 GOTY for $8.99 though! Haven't seen it that cheap before. :)[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 GOTY was slightly cheaper during the Steam winter sale, I think. It was $7.49. I agree on the price of RAGE.. they shouldn't have listed it in the sale, that's full price.

Ah well, I need a non-Steam version and for another $1.50 that's still a great price when a used physical copy still sells for around $20. But yeah, seeing as Rage has been on sale for physical console copies for $10 or so, $30 for the digital version is just funny.

Okay, GameFly. Its time for the big finale.

Let's see all those games on sale again!

EDIT - the full sale is back!

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']I can't for the life of me find out how to get a list of all the games on sale. Horrible, horrible site layout.[/QUOTE]

First page of this thread, click on each of the "Themes" to reveal the games and their prices.

Not saying its perfect, but that's an option if GameFly's layout isn't working for you.

bread's done
Back