(DEAD) GameStop unadvertised promo: 3 for $25 ($14.99 and under) pre-owned games B&M only (exp 9/16/2018)

Sugarbeats

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted, saw the signs up in my store! This comes out to about $20 before taxes after Elite pro!

Store signs also didn't display an end date, so I'm not sure how long this is going on for. My guess would be 9/4/2018 as their weekly ad usually starts the following Wednesday!

Edit: I asked a local ASM and he confirmed that this deal is good until the 16th of September!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the guy who posted about Raiden V. That pushed me over the edge when a GS close by had it with case and soundtrack. I also snagged Earth Defense Force 2 for the Vita and Shadow Tactics on the XB1, both also with cases. All for $20. Pretty stocked to toss those in the collection.

This is a great deal, if your Gamestops have any selection. I live in a 2 GS town and can get some PS3 games or the Show 17 for ps4. That's about it. The Vita selection is laughable here.

How is alien isolation?

Was thinking of j star victory for PS3. Is there any differences between PS3 over PS4 besides graphics?

Kinda difficult to get some of the PS3 games.

Is metal gear legacy collection PS3 the same as metal gear he collection on disc? Got metal gear solid 4 already.

Is the promotion based on the "regular" used price or the power up rewards used price?  If I grabbed some 3ds games that are "regular" preowned at $17.99, my elite pro will bring it down to ~$14.32 meeting the price threshold for the promo.  Just curious, I'm guessing probably not but it would be pretty sweet if it worked

Is the promotion based on the "regular" used price or the power up rewards used price? If I grabbed some 3ds games that are "regular" preowned at $17.99, my elite pro will bring it down to ~$14.32 meeting the price threshold for the promo. Just curious, I'm guessing probably not but it would be pretty sweet if it worked
Always regular price

Really appreciate the heads up on this deal and the game suggestions.  I grabbed 3 of the games that have already been mentioned here that I have been interested in for a while.

Basically got 3 games for the same price I was considering paying for just 1 of these not that long ago.

Wanted to share my pickups just in case others want to try and find them at their local gs. All PS4 except noted and all CIB:

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (3DS)

Lego Movie (Vita)

Mortal Kombat (Vita)

Lego Jurassic World (Vita)

Batman Arkham Origins (Vita)

Lego Ninjago - Shadow of Ronin (Vita)

Fallout 4 (was a new copy converted to pre-owned)

Arslan

The Silver Case

Nitro+ Blasterz

Onechanbara

Dead Rising

Deception IV

The Sexy Brutale

Dragon Quest Heroes - World Tree etc

Rad Rodgers

Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada

Wolfenstein - The Old Blood

Thanks for the heads up on this great deal. I was able to grab some Vita games (Drive Girls, God Wars, and Toukiden). Try to hit some more this weekend.

Wanted to share my pickups just in case others want to try and find them at their local gs. All PS4 except noted and all CIB:

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (3DS)
Lego Movie (Vita)
Mortal Kombat (Vita)
Lego Jurassic World (Vita)
Batman Arkham Origins (Vita)
Lego Ninjago - Shadow of Ronin (Vita)
Fallout 4 (was a new copy converted to pre-owned)
Arslan
The Silver Case
Nitro+ Blasterz
Onechanbara
Dead Rising
Deception IV
The Sexy Brutale
Dragon Quest Heroes - World Tree etc
Rad Rodgers
Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada
Wolfenstein - The Old Blood
Nice. Slim on Vita here.

I keep seeing Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada here on cag, but why not samurai warriors 4? It's also $14.99.

Nice. Slim on Vita here.

I keep seeing Samurai Warriors - Spirit of Sanada here on cag, but why not samurai warriors 4? It's also $14.99.
That's a good point - I, like others, may have missed samurai warriors 4. I see there's some in stock around me, just wasn't on my radar, I suppose. Vita selection is getting rough. I went to 7 gamestops this week and only managed to pick up 5 vita games that I needed CIB - I was hoping to get a ton more during this sale. Few things I'm noticing about Vita in my area (I suspect all around though) - less and less CIB and more generic cases, and little to no inventory changes (imo due to the fact that vita owners don't get rid of their games). At one of the Gamestops, the worker mentioned that someone came in earlier and bought a handful of the Vita games. This makes me wonder if things are only going to get worse for vita games in the wild after this sale is over.

That's a good point - I, like others, may have missed samurai warriors 4. I see there's some in stock around me, just wasn't on my radar, I suppose. Vita selection is getting rough. I went to 7 gamestops this week and only managed to pick up 5 vita games that I needed CIB - I was hoping to get a ton more during this sale. Few things I'm noticing about Vita in my area (I suspect all around though) - less and less CIB and more generic cases, and little to no inventory changes (imo due to the fact that vita owners don't get rid of their games). At one of the Gamestops, the worker mentioned that someone came in earlier and bought a handful of the Vita games. This makes me wonder if things are only going to get worse for vita games in the wild after this sale is over.
I don't have a PS4, but my friend just got one and saw it. The GameStop here have about 7 Vita games. I couldn't find anything to match up the 3 for $25.

There's more PS4 games on sale vs Xbox one. Is it worth getting Vita games over the PS3 counterpart?

I don't have a PS4, but my friend just got one and saw it. The GameStop here have about 7 Vita games. I couldn't find anything to match up the 3 for $25.

There's more PS4 games on sale vs Xbox one. Is it worth getting Vita games over the PS3 counterpart?
IMO, generally, yes it is worth getting Vita ports over PS3 ports. There's a few reasons for this:

1. Vita games are more collectible (hold their value better, fewer made, harder to find, etc.)

2. Vita games rarely come with anything besides the box and make it easier to find complete (don't have to worry about instructions) - though as time goes by, all that's going to be left is generic cases because of my point about Vita owners not selling their games.

3. Combined with the PS TV, a good chunk of Vita games can be played on the Vita or on a TV screen.

4. Vita games and cases are small and do not take up a lot of space.

Keep in mind I own a PS3, but I don't buy/collect for it any longer. I mainly only buy Vita, PS4, Switch, and an occasional 3DS game, so maybe I'm biased. It's not all great collecting Vita games now, though. It's so hard for me to find any games that I need/want anymore. Soon, I'm going to have to resort to buying online. If you have any interest in a Vita games, and they are CIB, you should pick them up now, because I think it's going to be more difficult. Eventually, Gamestop will stop selling Vita games, then it's just local or online at that point.

Picked up 3 Vita games on Friday - Muramasa Rebirth (CIB), Zero Escape (no case at all, game only) and the Sly Collection (generic case).

Already had the Sly games on PS3, and thought - "Hey, why not get them for every system since they're so good?". Jokes on me - only the first two games are on the cartridge, the 3rd is download-only via a code in the original case.... Should've looked it up ahead of time, but nope. I'll keep it anyway, just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone wasn't aware.

Already had the Sly games on PS3, and thought - "Hey, why not get them for every system since they're so good?". Jokes on me - only the first two games are on the cartridge, the 3rd is download-only via a code in the original case.... Should've looked it up ahead of time, but nope. I'll keep it anyway, just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone wasn't aware.
Thanks for this post, I was thinking about getting it for Vita as well but will pass now. I already have it on the PS3.

Another pick up and got Operation Abyss, Code of Princess, and almost bought Mega Man Leo “loose” but couldn’t do it and got RPG maker

The Atelier games seem to have a love or hate feeling on those games, as some think they're just plain boring. As they don't have no epic story(like save the world) and the game focuses more on gathering items. I've tried the Artland Trilogy and Ayesha and couldn't get into any of them. Watch video walkthroughs on Youtube of the Atelier games, that should tell you if you'll like it or not.

Ar Tonelico is another good one, although it uses the visual novel style for dialogue a lot. It also uses a combat system similar to the "Tales of" series. As for Guided Fate Paradox, never played it, but have heard it's pretty boring.
How do you find the turn based charge battles of ArT in any way similar to the real time action combat style of Tales?

I’ll pitch in that I really enjoyed the Arland trilogy, but hated the Dusk trilogy. ArT :qoga is full of typos and grammar errors and inconsistent word usage. The newest ArNoSurge had an interesting story, but I found the gameplay to be trash.

picked up Goldeneye reloaded, Call of duty 2, and Battlefantasia, with elite pro 3 for 20 is a pretty good deal, sadly a lot of the stuff I was looking at was cart only, like every 3ds RPG they had

IMO, generally, yes it is worth getting Vita ports over PS3 ports. There's a few reasons for this:

1. Vita games are more collectible (hold their value better, fewer made, harder to find, etc.)
2. Vita games rarely come with anything besides the box and make it easier to find complete (don't have to worry about instructions) - though as time goes by, all that's going to be left is generic cases because of my point about Vita owners not selling their games.
3. Combined with the PS TV, a good chunk of Vita games can be played on the Vita or on a TV screen.
4. Vita games and cases are small and do not take up a lot of space.

Keep in mind I own a PS3, but I don't buy/collect for it any longer. I mainly only buy Vita, PS4, Switch, and an occasional 3DS game, so maybe I'm biased. It's not all great collecting Vita games now, though. It's so hard for me to find any games that I need/want anymore. Soon, I'm going to have to resort to buying online. If you have any interest in a Vita games, and they are CIB, you should pick them up now, because I think it's going to be more difficult. Eventually, Gamestop will stop selling Vita games, then it's just local or online at that point.
I collect some PS3 games mostly arcade shooters.
I did collect 3ds games cib. As for bits, picked up a vita slim used for $50 and the games during target clearance. I don't see much vita at gamestop anymore. Wish secret of Mana was on the Vita.

I spent like $600+ So far in Buffalo, NY alone at all the Gamestops. Was able to pocket a MGS HD Collection Limited Edition because someone traded it in and it was the same as the regular edition price wise. When you go in ask for a list of $14.99 Exact for the Major Consoles, made it a lot easier finding titles rather then looking at each section over and over again.

I spent like $600+ So far in Buffalo, NY alone at all the Gamestops. Was able to pocket a MGS HD Collection Limited Edition because someone traded it in and it was the same as the regular edition price wise. When you go in ask for a list of $14.99 Exact for the Major Consoles, made it a lot easier finding titles rather then looking at each section over and over again.
I hope you left some vita games for me! I need to try and get out today or tomorrow.

Congrats Goguenator on the great vita finds.  Most of the stores around me are pretty dried up and bareboned cart-only in regards to Sony's handheld. 

I wound up getting Raiden V: Limited Edition, Shadow Tactics (PS4 RTS) and Batman Black Gate for Vita. Came out to a little over $20 after my elite.

I just checked the website thinking the God of War 3 remaster would be $14.99 or less. It's still $18.99 lol wtf....A new copy is $19.99 and they still want $18.99 for used. Smh 

I picked up 3d Dot Game Heroes, the Journey Collection, and Medal of Honor Airborne on PS3 the other day.

After Elite Pro, each game was only $6.66. Regular priced $14.99 each.

Great sale, but still- this is a dangerous for collectors, wallets beware!

I picked up:

Shantae Half Genie Hero (Wii U)
Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Wii U)
Devil Survivor 2 (3DS)

Journey Collection (PS3)

Back to the Future (XB1)

I ended up picking up the following six games with the deal.

Agents of Mayhem (PS4)

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4)

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (Vita)

Rogue Trooper: Redux (PS4)

RPG Maker FES (3DS)

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (3DS)

Was so tempted to get Fallout 4, but stopped myself because I will get the GOTY version for sub $20 eventually...
I bought the GOTY edition for $24.99 on sale months ago and it's worth more than that. Fantastic game and I am currently playing through the 2nd dlc. I do wish I would have gotten it for Xbox instead of PS4 though since I did end up getting an Xbox One X and the game is enhanced for 4K but that was only because of that Target thing that happened so it wasn't planned.

I am looking at getting some more X enhanced games so will check out if any are available for this sale.

I just checked the website thinking the God of War 3 remaster would be $14.99 or less. It's still $18.99 lol wtf....A new copy is $19.99 and they still want $18.99 for used. Smh
It's part of PS+ this month so if you don't have it, use a free trial and play it. That's what I'm gonna do.

I know many Vita games have been mentioned, here are some Wii U games that are of note. All of these are either $14.99 or $9.99

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
LEGO City: Undercover
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Resident Evil: Revelations (is there any reason to play this version now?)
Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
SteamWorld Collection

Edit: look at Sugarbeats post on page 1 for more Wii U games, along with other systems

I know many Vita games have been mentioned, here are some Wii U games that are of note. All of these are either $14.99 or $9.99
Super Mario 3D World
Need for Speed: Most Wanted U
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
LEGO City: Undercover
Shovel Knight
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Resident Evil: Revelations (is there any reason to play this version now?)
Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
SteamWorld Collection
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Xenoblade Chronicles X (was mentioned above but I figured I’d put it)
Page 1 has already been updated with Wii u + PS3 games

Grabbed 2x Raiden V and Agent of Mayhem.  Probably a bad choice on the latter but it still dropped my overall cost since I had dto run to two different stores to get Raiden.

Thanks OP!

Anyone happen to have a Elite pro account I can borrow to checkout with this deal in store? Please PM if you do. I'm not in there too often, just trying to pick up about 3 games!

bread's done
Back