(DEAD) GameStop unadvertised promo: 3 for $25 ($14.99 and under) pre-owned games B&M only (exp 9/16/2018)

Sugarbeats

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted, saw the signs up in my store! This comes out to about $20 before taxes after Elite pro!

Store signs also didn't display an end date, so I'm not sure how long this is going on for. My guess would be 9/4/2018 as their weekly ad usually starts the following Wednesday!

Edit: I asked a local ASM and he confirmed that this deal is good until the 16th of September!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit up one of several GS stores in my city yesterday and their selection appeared very stripped, maybe because of this sale. Well, actually XB1 wasn't bad, but PS3/PS4 and Vita were barebones.

Ended up snagging Gears 4, Quantum Break for XB1, and Rad Rogers for the PS4. I had planned to get a copy of L4D2 for my friend to play online with me, but GS has jacked the price of that game back up to $20, probably because of the fact that it got announced as a backwards compatible title. I remember it being cheaper before. I hate when they do that.

Hit up one of several GS stores in my city yesterday and their selection appeared very stripped, maybe because of this sale. Well, actually XB1 wasn't bad, but PS3/PS4 and Vita were barebones.

Ended up snagging Gears 4, Quantum Break for XB1, and Rad Rogers for the PS4. I had planned to get a copy of L4D2 for my friend to play online with me, but GS has jacked the price of that game back up to $20, probably because of the fact that it got announced as a backwards compatible title. I remember it being cheaper before. I hate when they do that.
Most Vita and 3ds games are in a lock case. Not worth it unless complete.
Anyone play deception series?

just cause a game appears to have no case just ask them 

i bought a game last week picking it out with a generic case, and without asking he pulled the case out of the drawer 

Rad Rogers has been on my radar, but I didn't know if it was actually good and I always forget to look up some reviews.
The crass humor is a turn-off for me. Also, the 3D seems like it would make the platforming tougher than necessary. I think it got positive reviews from critics, but nobody was blown away by it.

Traded some stuff, picked up:

RPG Maker Fes (3DS)
Project X Zone 2 (3DS)
Sniper Elite 2: Silver Star Edition (XB360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U)
Dungeons 3 (XBONE)
Past Cure (XBONE)

Wolfenstein 2 new Colossus on sale $27 both Xbox one and PS4. The question is, which is better on what console? Is multiplatform games still run better on Xbox like last gen Xbox 360?

Late to the party, but I found the following:

Raiden V (with soundtrack CD) - PS4
RPG Maker FES - 3DS
Tricky Towers - PS4

There were 20 or so people in the store for some midnight opening. I've become a patient gamer in my old age, so I didn't think to ask which game it was. Also, I heard one of the other employees make a crack about me buying a 3DS game under his breath. GameStop is the only store where the employees seem overly involved in your purchases. No other stores give a shit.

Went back and picked up
MGS V (PS4)
Splinter Cell Trilogy (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (PS3)
Complete copies for all 3.

$20 total.

Wolfenstein 2 new Colossus on sale $27 both Xbox one and PS4. The question is, which is better on what console? Is multiplatform games still run better on Xbox like last gen Xbox 360?
If its XBone One X Enhanced, go for Xbox, otherwise PS4. Thats how I do it anyways, but I own both the XB1X and the Ps4 Pro

Don’t listen to this guy, Wolfenstein 2 was an amazing game! Great story and stellar ending! This guy obviously doesn’t appreciate great games, I played on Xbox One X and enjoyed every bit of it
Agree 100%. Even if you didn’t like it, saying it was garbage is a ridiculous exaggeration.

Agree 100%. Even if you didn’t like it, saying it was garbage is a ridiculous exaggeration.
Just a matter of opinion I guess. I loved New Order and this one just didn't compare imo. I can see why people would like it but some of the underlying stuff got on my nerves. Honestly you'll probably enjoy it if you get it.

If its XBone One X Enhanced, go for Xbox, otherwise PS4. Thats how I do it anyways, but I own both the XB1X and the Ps4 Pro
Thanks. End up getting the Xbox one. So is multiplatform games truly better still on Xbox ?

As for the order , game was too short.
I like go story/ plot game. Wish there was more co op on Xbox and PS4.

Used the website to chart availability nearby and then circled the area after work, picked up:

God Wars Future Past (Vita)

Child of Light (Vita)

Has-Been Heroes (Switch)

Atelier Escha & Logy (PS3)

Atelier Shallie (PS3)

Killzone Trilogy (PS3)

Splinter Cell Trilogy (PS3)

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (XB1)

Birds of Steel (360)

The Godfather II (360)

Lollipop Chainsaw (360)

Samurai Warriors Spirit of Sanada (PS4)

Toukiden Kiwami  (PS4)

Deception IV Nightmare Princess  (PS4)

Driveclub (PS4)

Nobunaga's Ambition Sphere of Influence Ascension (PS4)

Onechanbara Z2 (PS4)

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4)

All complete in box, except Lollipop Chainsaw, which I should be able to find at one of the other stores in the area in the next couple days to exchange.

I see a number of people mentioning RPG Maker FES, are you all getting it to more so mess around with and create your own stuff or are they actual finished / good things that others have made with it? I'm just imagining theres a lot of unfinished or unpolished things out there.

So there's a bunch of 14.99 games at a few local stores but each game is at a different store. Is it possible to pick up 2 at different stores and then head to the third, return them and rebuy them all together for the $25 deal?

So there's a bunch of 14.99 games at a few local stores but each game is at a different store. Is it possible to pick up 2 at different stores and then head to the third, return them and rebuy them all together for the $25 deal?
Yep you can do that.

Game was garbage on any console. Wait until $5 bin imo
Lol you are high my man. It’s a great game, and even if it isn’t your cup of tea, I don’t know how anyone can say it isn’t worth more than $5.

Passed on 5 Lego Vita games. As much as I love the Vita, I am not buying games I own and still haven't opened for the 360 and X1
Don’t feel bad, every single Lego Vita game that I know if were ports of the 3DS, which means they were extremely stripped down versions of their console brethrens. The developers were especially lazy.

I see a number of people mentioning RPG Maker FES, are you all getting it to more so mess around with and create your own stuff or are they actual finished / good things that others have made with it? I'm just imagining theres a lot of unfinished or unpolished things out there.
I wasn't going to get it, but I couldn't find another PS4 or Vita game, and it seemed like a game that might be difficult to find down the line. Truthfully, I haven't played my 3DS in over a year, and I have to look for it. My Vita gets played daily. But the case said that you can download other people's FES creations so I might give that a whirl. Does anyone know if FES was supposed to come with a manual?

You can download other people's creations without owning the game - just download the free RPG Maker Player app onto your 3DS. The game is just for creating your own games.

Saw Raiden for PS4 but couldn't find 2 more $14 ish games. DS selection was lacking at 2 of my local stores. Almost considered getting a few Wii U games.

Do we have an end date on this?

I wasn't going to get it, but I couldn't find another PS4 or Vita game, and it seemed like a game that might be difficult to find down the line. Truthfully, I haven't played my 3DS in over a year, and I have to look for it. My Vita gets played daily. But the case said that you can download other people's FES creations so I might give that a whirl. Does anyone know if FES was supposed to come with a manual?
Like another post said, you don't need the game to play people's creations. There is a free player you can download from the store.

And it does not come with a manual surprisingly. This is a game that should have gotten a manual.

When I went to buy mine I was handed a new and sealed copy and was told it was new converted to used.

Anyone know if a PowerUps Rewards coupon will work with this deal? I don't want to redeem mine if not.

Like another post said, you don't need the game to play people's creations. There is a free player you can download from the store.
And it does not come with a manual surprisingly. This is a game that should have gotten a manual.
When I went to buy mine I was handed a new and sealed copy and was told it was new converted to used.
Thanks for clarifying about the manual. I'm not too worried about not needing the game to play other people's creations. I have a small 3DS game collection, and it's another one to add to the pile. Also looking like it'll be my last Nintendo system since I won't be buying a Switch.

Grabbed Castlevanias Lords of Shadow 1&2 and Asura’s Wrath all for PS3... skipped all these games at their initial release but figured $23 and some change for all three was the right price. Found each complete with artwork and manual.

Thanks OP.

made a second look at my stores 360 collection and came away with complete compies of lightning returns, Destory all Humans, and call of duty 3, with elite pro only being 20 makes it worthwhile, probably would have passed at 25

Yep. I was talked out of using a $10 coupon with this deal, as I only would’ve save $6.xx instead of the full amount. As long as the item you’re buying is at or over the amount of your coupon, you’re golden. So $5 works fine. With Elite Pro, I paid around $13 for all 3 games.

Don’t feel bad, every single Lego Vita game that I know if were ports of the 3DS, which means they were extremely stripped down versions of their console brethrens. The developers were especially lazy.
I may be wrong, but I believe Lego Jurassic Park and Lego Marvel's Avengers were much closer to their console counterparts than their 3DS counterparts.

case anyone cares Bayonetta 2 for 14 is the single disc game only. The other price is the version that has Bayonetta 1 included

Yep. I was talked out of using a $10 coupon with this deal, as I only would’ve save $6.xx instead of the full amount. As long as the item you’re buying is at or over the amount of your coupon, you’re golden. So $5 works fine. With Elite Pro, I paid around $13 for all 3 games.
Gonna try this tomorrow if that’s the case I could get 2 sets of games

Picked up

Raiden V Ps4

Agents of Mayhem

The Sexy Brutale

Shadow Tactics

Technomancer Plays like a Bioware game not perfect but for the price it is 

Nobunaga's Ambition

Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines 

Superbeat Xonic

King's Quest Complete Collection

Warhammer The end of TIMES VERMINTIDE Recommend plays like Left 4 Dead but D&D Rat Race instead of ZOMBIES

Victor Vran: Overkill came complete with cards. Guy at store said it might have been a converted copy. Plays like Diablo II 

Bladestorm Xbox One Reminded me of Kingdom under Fire for original XBOX

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 3DS

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked It was the same copy I traded in years ago, lol

Zelda Tri Force Heroes

Code of Princess

Pac Man & Galaga Dimensions

Child of Light PS VITA

Hakuoki Kyoto Winds

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

Xenoblade Chronicles X for WII U

Heads up, they are clearancing out Wolfenstein 2 for 26 bucks the one with the TERROR BILLY GI JOE & Steelbook picked up the PS4 version

Thanks OP and my wallet thanks you as well.

Picked up

Raiden V Ps4

Agents of Mayhem

The Sexy Brutale

Shadow Tactics

Technomancer Plays like a Bioware game not perfect but for the price it is

Nobunaga's Ambition

Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines

Superbeat Xonic

King's Quest Complete Collection

Warhammer The end of TIMES VERMINTIDE Recommend plays like Left 4 Dead but D&D Rat Race instead of ZOMBIES

Victor Vran: Overkill came complete with cards. Guy at store said it might have been a converted copy. Plays like Diablo II

Bladestorm Xbox One Reminded me of Kingdom under Fire for original XBOX

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 3DS

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked It was the same copy I traded in years ago, lol

Zelda Tri Force Heroes

Code of Princess

Pac Man & Galaga Dimensions

Child of Light PS VITA

Hakuoki Kyoto Winds

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

Xenoblade Chronicles X for WII U

Heads up, they are clearancing out Wolfenstein 2 for 26 bucks the one with the TERROR BILLY GI JOE & Steelbook picked up the PS4 version

Thanks OP and my wallet thanks you as well.
Damn, wish I had that kind of selection available to me. I went to three stores and had a hard time finding 3 games I wanted at any one of them. Would have grabbed Nitroplus Blasterz in a heartbeat.

I was able to find 

Guardians of Galaxy Telltale Series ps4

Sexy Brutale with book and music cd ps4

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition ps vita

bread's done
Back