(DEAD) GameStop unadvertised promo: 3 for $25 ($14.99 and under) pre-owned games B&M only (exp 9/16/2018)

Sugarbeats

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted, saw the signs up in my store! This comes out to about $20 before taxes after Elite pro!

Store signs also didn't display an end date, so I'm not sure how long this is going on for. My guess would be 9/4/2018 as their weekly ad usually starts the following Wednesday!

Edit: I asked a local ASM and he confirmed that this deal is good until the 16th of September!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back a 4th time- I have no shame!
-Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
This completes the R&C mainline games for my collection.
-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
-Driver: San Francisco
-The Godfather II
-Lollipop Chainsaw (complete for PS3, glad to find this one in the wild during this sale)
-Raiden V: Directors Cut with Soundtrack CD.

I’m done now

Noticed that PS4 Bloodborne and original PS4 Batman TellTales (Season 1)  dropped in price to qualify for the sale this week.  However, please be aware the Batman game disc only contains episode one (and the remaining 4 episodes require download from PS store).

Yep. I was talked out of using a $10 coupon with this deal, as I only would’ve save $6.xx instead of the full amount. As long as the item you’re buying is at or over the amount of your coupon, you’re golden. So $5 works fine. With Elite Pro, I paid around $13 for all 3 games.
I tried using a 5 off preowned coupon and it did not work today. To total was coming out to +$30.

My haul! Things to note: xillia 1 looks like it came from the collectors edtion as it says not for resale on back and included a dlc slip that was not valid :/
Psychonauts VR came with a slip dlc for the first psychonauts and guess what!? It was valid! :)
Naughty bear double trouble, no manual or dlc slip :/
FFX HD no X-2 game slip :( but deff worth the $6.67 I got it for and already have X-2
Little 3DS game is Final Fantasy explorers, has no case or manual
Other then that, everything that was suppose to include manual and case were complete :)

Man I’m done with this GameStop sale lol it’s taken my money! Lmao[attachment=30940:0552578F-DB3B-439B-B9D9-3AF59D63B73C.jpeg]

I got
Raiden V with soundtrack
Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus
Infamous Second Son

What’s the return policy for deals like this? I’m not sure I like Raiden all that much. Am I allowed to swap for another $15 game? Or could I even just return it for the $8.33?

I got
Raiden V with soundtrack
Infamous Second Son

What’s the return policy for deals like this? I’m not sure I like Raiden all that much. Am I allowed to swap for another $15 game? Or could I even just return it for the $8.33?
They would probably let you swap it out for another but you cant return just one.

You can easily just swap out one title for another. Just make sure you bring your receipt and do the exchange within the promotion period (ends 9/16).

@darkhadou - Nice haul!!
both silent hills, tales games, lollipop chainsaw!
Did you go to several different GameStop’s to find all these?

I got
Raiden V with soundtrack
Infamous Second Son

If you are a collector, I think Raiden V will hold its value. Disc copies of shmups tend to become more desirable over time. But if you really don't like it, they will probably let you swap it out for another game.

@darkhadou - Nice haul!!
both silent hills, tales games, lollipop chainsaw!
Did you go to several different GameStop’s to find all these?
Oh yeah, multiple GameStop’s. Every time I went somewhere and there was a GameStop near by, I stopped to check lol. I need to not go to any more lol

If you are a collector, I think Raiden V will hold its value. Disc copies of shmups tend to become more desirable over time. But if you really don't like it, they will probably let you swap it out for another game.
Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I’ll keep it for now since it came complete with soundtrack.

Im trying to get these:
Dead Rising 4 (haven't seen mentioned)
Saw 2 flesh and blood x360
Eath Defense Force 2025 x360 (Just got call saying it was delivered)

I had called about 5 stores for Saw 2 with a cover and had about 4 left before I finally found one. Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive, hopefully it gets there tomorrow or Saturday otherwise I'm screwed. It's a pain in the ass trying to get games with covers.

That's what I hate about these GameStop used deals, they never have all the games I want in 1 store and if they do they usually don't all have covers.

I think that the search location function on the GameStop website has shit the bed. None of the games that I'm looking for are available within 100 miles of me. On top of that, common games such as DriveClub and the Wolfensteins aren't available either which is complete bullshit.

I think that the search location function on the GameStop website has shit the bed. None of the games that I'm looking for are available within 100 miles of me. On top of that, common games such as DriveClub and the Wolfensteins aren't available either which is complete bullshit.
I thought it was just me. App works fine though

Im trying to get these:
Dead Rising 4 (haven't seen mentioned)
Saw 2 flesh and blood x360
Eath Defense Force 2025 x360 (Just got call saying it was delivered)

I had called about 5 stores for Saw 2 with a cover and had about 4 left before I finally found one. Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive, hopefully it gets there tomorrow or Saturday otherwise I'm screwed. It's a pain in the ass trying to get games with covers.

That's what I hate about these GameStop used deals, they never have all the games I want in 1 store and if they do they usually don't all have covers.
Earth defense force is $5 at five below.
Anyone know how good or bad dead rising 4 is?

Picked up mafia 2 with the steel book, raiden v, debating on Victor if anyone played it.

Debating on final fantasy 3ds, project x zone 2. Sad no pacman 3ds in the area

Seriously? I wasted my time shipping it lol now I gotta find something else crap.

Weird edf 2025 is on PS4 but not Xbox one

Too bad Tony hawk 5 or resident evil origins isn't on that list

I picked up Project Cars for ps4 how ever the disc for Complete Edition was I the case is there any thing special about it or is it just basic vanilla version

Got an email with Pro Day preview. 30% extra trade in on games and accessories and 30% off pre-owned ones.

If it ends up stacking with the 3 for $25 games, I guess I'll end up finding out how many Gamestops I can possibly hit up in a single day.

Nevermind, looks like it's just the standard 10% Pro Day bonus. Still a good deal though.

I thought it was just me. App works fine though
The website is completely wrong right now which might be a good thing since no one else will know for sure what games are in stock or not without using the app. Fortunately, I was able to find three more games that I wanted tonight:

Marvel Pinball: Epic Collection Vol. 1 - PS4
The Sexy Brutale - PS4
Worms Revolution Collection - PS3

I didn't know that The Sexy Brutale is a GameStop exclusive physical PS4 title. I had hoped it would be a converted to used special edition, but no such luck. And I think Worms Revolution is a somewhat uncommon PS3 title.

Just glad to find three more games before Hurricane Florence made landfall. Lost a car in a flood once so I don't mess around when it comes to inclement weather.

Earth defense force is $5 at five below.
Anyone know how good or bad dead rising 4 is?

Picked up mafia 2 with the steel book, raiden v, debating on Victor if anyone played it.

Debating on final fantasy 3ds, project x zone 2. Sad no pacman 3ds in the area
Victor is a underrated game it comes with both expansions in my opinion it's worth it. The story is good and combat is Diablo like with guns and mele weapons

picked up the other day all complete from 2 stores 

vita

final fantasy X with working X-2 code

lego ninjago shadow of ronin

lego marvel super heroes

god wars future past

terraria

ps4

raiden  v with music cd

superbeat xonic with 2 disc music cd

pinball arcade 

project cars

This is only in-store, correct?...I think the hurricane screwed me over on pro day...even though we only got slight rain and winds.

Had to run an errand close to a GS I rarely frequent and found the following:

EDF 2 (Vita)
Assault Suit Leynos (PS4)
Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4)

Grabbed Nitroplus, Zero Escape, and Little Big Planet.

Edit: also picked up Raiden V, Batman: Blackgate Orgins, and Yu-Gi-Oh GX Spirit Caller (CIB).

Grabbed Nitroplus, Zero Escape, and Little Big Planet.

Edit: also picked up Raiden V, Batman: Blackgate Orgins, and Yu-Gi-Oh GX Spirit Caller (CIB).
It's good to see someone like Yu-Gi-Oh.

Mega Man legacy collection 1 is $15 for Xbox one and it came with some kind of post card and sticker. For some other reason the 3ds is back at $20.

Picked up:

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus - PS3
Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal - Ps3
Infamous: Second Son - Ps4
Outcast: Second Contact - Ps4
Raiden V - Ps4
Mortal Kombat - 360

Going back one more time for Recore (xb1) if I can find two other games.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I’ll keep it for now since it came complete with soundtrack.
After playing Raiden V a few minutes ago, I see what you meant about it not immediately grabbing you. In the age of bullet hell shmups and twin stick shooters, it's a bit of a step back. And if you think about it as an old school style shmup with modern graphics, it's decent but still nothing to write home about. I don't even know why these types of games have story modes. It's a high score chaser. I don't need dialogue! Still, it was worth $7.50 as part of the sale.

I also played Tricky Towers which I thought was like Tetris but wasn't like Tetris at all. It was one of those games where they ask you to stack Tetris pieces to make a tower that has to stand still until the clock runs down. It seems to be completely based on luck, and the physics are wonky. I played the first stage four times before I beat it.

Wuppo was one of the games that I bought during the previous buy 4 used games for $20 sale that some of you might have picked up. I played that one for a few minutes today, and it was weird enough that it has the potential to be a sought-after hidden gem like Cubivore was on the GameCube.

But thanks again to the OP for bringing this sale to everyone's attention. I was able to get a few hidden gems which are my favorite type of game these days. As you might have guessed, I'm actually trying to play every game that I buy going forward because I discovered that I wasn't really saving money by backlogging all these games. And I hope the mini reviews were useful for somebody. Sorry for the wall of text.

Thanks for the quickie reviews.  I hope they return with the 4/$20 promo so I can check up on Wuppo.  Enjoy the rest of your extensive backlog. 

That was a fun promo.

[attachment=30966:MQNTXsU.jpg][attachment=30967:20180916_190653-01.jpeg]

PS4

Ratchet & Clank

Sina Mora EX

Samurai Warriors spirit of sanada

The Sexy Brutale

Superbeat Xonic (2cd OST included)

Raiden V

Silver Case

PS3

Killzone trilogy

Silent hill homecoming

Lollipop Chainsaw

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Devil may cry HD

Vita

Aegis Earth

Drive Girls

Akiba's beat

All complete and in decent condition. I wish I could have found more Vita titles.

Well I ended up getting my 3 games as listed before dr4, saw 2 (came in that day) and ending up getting edf. I stopped by 2 Five Bellows, one had no media section for games/movies the other had 2 different movies and battleborn PS4 and something for 3ds. I think the one with a good media selection is a little farther drive so ended up just getting edf 2025.

Then asked to use my 20%off bday coupon with it and the guy said I couldn't. I left and went back in since it was expiring that day and picked up megman man legacy 2.

I was going to go back if I found a store with a cover for MMan Legacy 1 and get fallout 4 and figure something else out but said f it.

The problem I also had with this promo is while looking at the PlayStation section of games they had games that I wanted on the Xbox but those were usually 9.99 on Xbox for some reason. So I figured I didn't wanna waste my time on the cheaper ones since they usually do other promos for those. So overall it was an ok ass gamer day.

There's a new promo that started @ GS (probably for the next two weeks) : 4 for $10 on all pre-owned games $4.99 & under. It should appear in this week's upcoming Wednesday ad.

Cheers!  

There a new promo that started @ GS (probably for the next two weeks) : 4 for $10 on all pre-owned games $4.99 & under. It should appear in this week's upcoming Wednesday ad.

Cheers!
When they run these promos, some games go up a dollar or two.

Anyway, uncharted 1-3 is $1 each, uncharted 3 is $4.99.
Infamous 1 and 2 $1 each
Gears of war $1

Old games but great for people who haven't gotten a ps3 or Xbox 360.

bread's done
Back