*DEAD*Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (Wii/360<used>) $39.75/$27.99

vivafriend5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10322[/IMG-R]In addition to the Ghostbusters game, the Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition includes:

• An exclusive Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself.
  • Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Skins.
  • An exclusive (in the US) Ecto1 Key Chain that lights up and makes a siren sound.
iconamazon.gif
Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (360/Wii) $29.75/$39.75

Edit 11/26/09: The price for the PS3 and Wii has reverted back to $39.75. With all of the Thanksgiving specials coming and going, anyone who is interested should check the link and add their preferred version to their cart to assure the proper price is displayed. It has been fluctuating frequently.

Edit 11/27/09: PS3 version has reverted to $69.99. It is DEAD for now.

Edit 11/29/09: 360 version is out of stock. The price is unknown. Used copies are being offered in varying conditions for $27.99 which are Amazon fulfilled. Some claim to be shrinkwrapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Megalith']ECA Amazon discount no longer available.

Is this a fucking joke?[/QUOTE]

....ECA code's havn't worked for over a month

[quote name='Poor2More']....ECA code's havn't worked for over a month[/QUOTE]

So unfortunate. They always go down at the perfect times. I'm so glad I signed up for free.

[quote name='bigredvan14']So unfortunate. They always go down at the perfect times. I'm so glad I signed up for free.[/QUOTE]

They didn't go down (run out of codes).... that discount was completely discontinued, indefinitely.

I ordered this then thought about it for several hours and canceled. I figure I can buy Dragon Age for 35-40 on BF. I needed to prioritize! :p

[quote name='bigredvan14']Thank you $20 credit from MW2. Couldn't say no to this for $9.75.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Though tomorrow is DJ Hero day.... *SIGH*

[quote name='mkernan']They didn't go down (run out of codes).... that discount was completely discontinued, indefinitely.[/QUOTE]

That's what blows big time!

You'd think they could simply attach individual 10% codes to Amazon accounts for ECA members, ones that last for the duration of their membership. This way, there aren't new codes every month, hence the possibility of stacking.

They could easily do this. But they aren't. Personally, I don't think it will ever come back.

In any case...it's gone. And it sucks. It will definitely now limit how many games I buy...and maybe that's a good thing? ;)

I tried resisting but I couldn't pass it up...can't complain for a flat $29.75 I've been wanting to play this for a long while and this is the perfect opportunity. Thanks OP

Looks like around 823 for 360. That is an obscene amount but I bit anyways. $10 lower would be a great discount but I didn't want to regret not picking it up at $30. I'd be VERY surprised is all those copies sold out quickly.

Amazon has failed so hard in selling these. I can't believe they couldn't get rid of a supposed "6500" since the game launched. Even at more than 75% off they still haven't sold out. Sad.

I got an E-mail with my confirmation saying you get a $5 credit towards a TV Show on Amazon Demand with the purchase of this....neat..

I'm awfully tempted, as I've been wanting the Wii version of the game after I've enjoyed the 360 version so much, but I'm having a hard time buying more games from Amazon I've bought at least 4 over the last two weeks and I've barely played those yet.

Sigh.

[quote name='Donnums']I got an E-mail with my confirmation saying you get a $5 credit towards a TV Show on Amazon Demand with the purchase of this....neat..[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Time to buy me some Sports Action Team episodes. And if you don't know what that is, you should.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Yeah. Though tomorrow is DJ Hero day.... *SIGH*[/QUOTE]

I figure everywhere is having a ridiculously tough time selling these based on how fast DJ Hero is going on sale. I don't think it'll be a problem getting it real cheap again in the coming weeks.

Besides, my brother is asking Santa for it :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Amazon has failed so hard in selling these. I can't believe they couldn't get rid of a supposed "6500" since the game launched. Even at more than 75% off they still haven't sold out. Sad.[/QUOTE]

$70 was the original price. Now it's $30. My math says that's 57% off, but your math says "more than 75% off"?

[quote name='integralsmatic']statue sculpted by the guy who created slimer, keychain of the ecto 1 which you push a button down it lights up and makes the siren noise, ghostbusters gamer graffix, and thats what i remember from reading

.[/QUOTE]

so just to make sure i'm thinking about the right thing here, the ghostbuster gamer graffix is a complete skin for the xbox360 right? Does it include a faceplate? I'm just wondering what it looks like. I already own the game and im wondering if its worth paying 30 for it. I would have to find something to do with 2 copies i got if i were to buy it. Anyone have any pics of the gamer graffix ?
Thanks

[quote name='BingoBrown']$70 was the original price. Now it's $30. My math says that's 57% off, but your math says "more than 75% off"?[/QUOTE]

I thought this started out at over 100 when they first came out?

[quote name='squishface']so just to make sure i'm thinking about the right thing here, the ghostbuster gamer graffix is a complete skin for the xbox360 right? Does it include a faceplate? I'm just wondering what it looks like. I already own the game and im wondering if its worth paying 30 for it. I would have to find something to do with 2 copies i got if i were to buy it. Anyone have any pics of the gamer graffix ?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

The "gamer graffix" = a bunch of slightly poofy stickers. I don't think they're different for each version either (correct me if I'm wrong there). I picked this up and sold it on eBay a while back and the stickers were the most disappointing part of the set. DO NOT base your decision on the gamer graffix.

EDIT: I took a pic for the auction. Let me see if I still have it...
IMGP0291.jpg

I would have jumped on this, but the demo was just ok at best IMO. I love Ghostbusters though and still plan on gettin' this one of these days.

That Ecto-1 keychain is f'n sweet though.

[quote name='BingoBrown']$70 was the original price. Now it's $30. My math says that's 57% off, but your math says "more than 75% off"?[/QUOTE]

It was announced with a price $129 ($109 for the Wii version).....

Maybe you should know what the hell you're talking about before acting like a smart ass.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5212040/were-slightly-afraid-of-amazons-ghostbusters-slimer-edition

edit: looking into it more, the price dropped to $109 right after its release which is still around 73% off.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donnums']Looks like around 823 for 360. That is an obscene amount but I bit anyways. $10 lower would be a great discount but I didn't want to regret not picking it up at $30. I'd be VERY surprised is all those copies sold out quickly.[/QUOTE]
same boat i was in.

[quote name='Donnums']Looks like around 823 for 360. That is an obscene amount but I bit anyways. $10 lower would be a great discount but I didn't want to regret not picking it up at $30. I'd be VERY surprised is all those copies sold out quickly.[/QUOTE]

In for 823 :roll:

I was in for 1 on 360 before work. It'll make a good Christmas present for my fellow GB freak brother. Now I'm wondering if I should get the ps3 version for myself.

700 left now...
Looks like it'll last maybe two days or so before they're out.

I'm still wavering... already have the PC version... don't need an ugly slimer figurine... MUST RESIST... ;-)

I jumped on this but it seems like you are forced to print out the special box art on your own now (at least on 360).

[quote name='Virsago']:wii: 236

:360: 682

:ps3: 219

as of Nov.24 - 4:25 am pst[/QUOTE]

should i cop one?

i want the ps3 version

i know by the time i get from my classes, the deal will be off for the ps3 at least.

Thing is, i also want to buy a ps3 for a good deal. :cry:

so if i dont get a ps3 around black friday, i am going to be stuck with that ps3 game.:hot:

fuck
WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO

[quote name='Virsago']:wii: 236

:360: 682

:ps3: 219

as of Nov.24 - 4:25 am pst[/QUOTE]

I am curious to know how you get these numbers?

[quote name='MrBoss']I am curious to know how you get these numbers?[/QUOTE]

Add the game in your cart...then go to Edit Cart. In there, put in 999 quantity. At the top, it will tell you the exact number in stock if it is under 999.

I give it before BF and they will be all gone...well...maybe some 360 version will still remain. If they do, they could sell it for less than $30. PS3 version will be gone for sure in 2-3 days I'm sure.

[quote name='RedGamer']Honestly, at 845 copies of 360 left... I can see the price going even lower.[/QUOTE]

Errr, the Halo LE was $60 and people said the same thing...

this is one of those games i am really really tempted to buy just for the statue and key ring, and probably wont touch the game, its a nice deal if you waiting on this already, but i will have to hold off for games i actually really want.

If you go to the used copies of this , they are sold my amazon as warehouse deals. they have multiple ones for each system for 27.99.. with prime shipping. they have minor faults which will be listed like small bend on corner etc......

[quote name='wusspuck']If you go to the used copies of this , they are sold my amazon as warehouse deals. they have multiple ones for each system for 27.99.. with prime shipping. they have minor faults which will be listed like small bend on corner etc......[/QUOTE]
Haha while this is CAG, I think people would be able to spend $2 more for a brand new, sealed copy. I guess for the super-cheapasses, this would be a good suggestion, minus the bends on corners.

[quote name='NovaKane']I would have jumped on this, but the demo was just ok at best IMO. I love Ghostbusters though and still plan on gettin' this one of these days.

That Ecto-1 keychain is f'n sweet though.[/QUOTE]

I'm startin' to have second thoughts now lol. The price is just too sweet considerin' the extras that are thrown in.

Decision decisions...

The people saying they got the 360 version and the Wii version are making me wonder if I should do the same. It's probably not worth another $30 right now, though, and I'm willing to bet I can find the Wii disc cheaper down the line. :whistle2:k

[quote name='cRodz']are the ps3 and 360 versions the same?
i mean content wise?

somehow i think the ps3 is a better "game"[/QUOTE]

Well, there was this. Supposedly, they fixed that, but if I was picking between the two I'd go with the 360 version this time.

Bought it yesterday and it arrived today! The advantages of prime membership and living in a shipping hub city. The "extra $10" (people say the game is worth $20) is worth it when you see Slimer's green @$$ and hear the Ecto1 keychain. Good Buy.

bread's done
Back