*DEAD* Google Home Mini for $1 (Spotify Trial wokraround)

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
***DEAL IS NOW DEAD***

All credit goes to the individual who created THIS article.

I am putting it more succinctly here for everyone since the original article is pretty word and full of ads.

That being said I just tried this along with a few buddies of mine and it worked flawlessly.

*I understand this isn't directly a VIDEOGAME deal but technically they can now be used with commanding the Xbox One and such so I figured it deserved a thread here where it can be seen by more!*

Before we begin, there is one major limitation to this deal: you must be a new Spotify Premium subscriber. If you currently pay for any variation of Spotify Premium, you will not be eligible for this deal... Which means just make a new dummy account! : P

Step 1: Create a new Spotify account (or use your old one if you've only ever had a free account)

Step 2: Sign up for the 3 month Premium trial for $1 HERE.

Step 3: Upgrade to a family plan HERE. It says it will charge you $14.99 but what happens is instead it just knocks a single month off of your Premium trial from Step 2.

Step 4: Check your email, there should be a new one with the subject "Your Google Home Mini is now available." from Spotify. Follow the link and it is pretty self explanatory from there. You should not be charged a dime for the Google Home Mini with the promo that auto applies through the link and then the fact that there is free shipping on orders over $35.

Step 5: Cancel your Spotify Family and Spotify Premium memberships HERE (or in your Membership tab on your account) so as to not be charged later. You will retain the membership for the upcoming 2 months (duration of the trial) but will not auto renew so long as you cancel.

**NOTE** It seems that some people are experiencing extremely long processing times for their orders and it may be linked to cancelling immediately. It very well could just be an excess of people scamming this promo and just the holiday season in general but if you can wait a bit to cancel, maybe set up a calendar event and just cancel at the new year or something. **

Step 6: Enjoy your $1 Google Home Mini and maybe even buy this adorable Mickey Mouse accessory like I did since you can now justify it since the Mini was so cheap! ; p

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you ever get the email?

I tried an account I already had, but never had premium on it. It allowed me to do the trial and I signed up for the family plan. But I didn't get the email about the Google Home. Unless its really delayed. Or the account I used isn't eligible?

Thanks OP, I haven't signed in CAG for years, but i had to thank you! I'll update If and When I get the official shipping confirmation (hopefully within the hour according to the Google email).

Amazing deal. I got 2, but I was wondering if anyone has had theirs ship yet?
Mine said it wouldn't get to me till after Christmas (12/27 - 12/31/2018). So don't think they are shipping these out super fast. Iam also on the East coast so maybe that adds 5 days or so. I am off that week so it works out fine for me.

Mine said it wouldn't get to me till after Christmas (12/27 - 12/31/2018). So don't think they are shipping these out super fast. Iam also on the East coast so maybe that adds 5 days or so. I am off that week so it works out fine for me.
Order today says 31 - 1/05. Thanks for saying something though.

Google states that discount will be applied at checkout, but no such discount is loading for me at all. Everything else worked fine up until this point, now Google wants $50. Anyone have this?

EDIT: Apparently you have to also never have purchased one of these, at least according to what I'm seeing. My "trash" gmail didn't work, proper one did. Purchased Google devices through that other email.

Google states that discount will be applied at checkout, but no such discount is loading for me at all. Everything else worked fine up until this point, now Google wants $50. Anyone have this?
Try picking another color, charcoal didnt work for me. personally. I picked the 3rd color.

This BF promo deal is the only way I was tricked into putting one of these devices in the home .... it works just like you expect - it needs to be resynced to broadcast literally almost every time someone changes the smallest thing (either walking into another room, changing an app, disconnecting someone or something else from WiFi , any network change or data spikes, etc )

I use the google home apps more than Spotify just to get it to broadcast ...don’t know if anyone else has it but are these usually so buggy ?

I just want it to play Christmas music when I asked it to!! Lol

I have 4 alexa devices(3 echo dots and 1 echo) and 1 google home mini I got from last black friday from Best Buy, and IT IS AWFUL!!!! My Home mini will not play music past 60% volume without it restarting immediately. I contacted them for a replacement, and got one and the replacement does the exact same thing. It's a different color than the one I sent them so I at least know its a different unit. I'm not sure if they came out with different generations or not, but from my experience Amazons product blows this thing out of the water especially the GEN 3 Alexa which I also got for $1.

Any idea how long it took for the email for the google home mini to come through after signing up for everything ? It’s been 30 mins and just wanted to make sure I didn’t do something wrong?

Any idea how long it took for the email for the google home mini to come through after signing up for everything ? It’s been 30 mins and just wanted to make sure I didn’t do something wrong?
I had to go back on the account page for the family plan and click “already a member. Get your google home mini” or something like that. Then clicked on that button, then I got the email. It didn’t come through automatically for me after signing up.

This BF promo deal is the only way I was tricked into putting one of these devices in the home .... it works just like you expect - it needs to be resynced to broadcast literally almost every time someone changes the smallest thing (either walking into another room, changing an app, disconnecting someone or something else from WiFi , any network change or data spikes, etc )

I use the google home apps more than Spotify just to get it to broadcast ...don’t know if anyone else has it but are these usually so buggy ?

I just want it to play Christmas music when I asked it to!! Lol

I have 4 alexa devices(3 echo dots and 1 echo) and 1 google home mini I got from last black friday from Best Buy, and IT IS AWFUL!!!! My Home mini will not play music past 60% volume without it restarting immediately. I contacted them for a replacement, and got one and the replacement does the exact same thing. It's a different color than the one I sent them so I at least know its a different unit. I'm not sure if they came out with different generations or not, but from my experience Amazons product blows this thing out of the water especially the GEN 3 Alexa which I also got for $1.
Worries me a little bit because I wanted to switch over to google next generation and ditch Apple altogether (chrome book and pixel instead of iPad Pro and iPhone in other words) but if this is any indication of performance, it would be the same as ditching iOS for Android or Windows, which is absolutely a downgrade fail (I’m speaking in terms of crashing and reliability because I’m a PC/windows user and programmer but for simple easy tasks iOS is the stable choice)

Oh well...i guess ill just avoid tech for another few years then

^ Same, got the same message. I'll try again later and then just cancel the trial so I don't forget.

nevermind. Just got the email and purchased it.

Thanks OP! Took almost 2 hours to receive the email to purchase the Mini, but it finally just arrived.
I've got a ton of home automation going on in my house (lights, HVAC, music) with various cheap Echo Dots already, but a new TV I'm eyeing reportedly works much better with Google Home than Amazon Echo, so it's nice to get one for next to nothing.

My cousin informed me yesterday.  Figured $1 wouldn't hurt to try one.  Got the aqua color as coral was sold out for me.

So which one is better, Google home or Amazon echo.  I have amazon echo and have been wanting to try out the google home for comparison.

I'll add another thanks, OP; I'm somewhat surprised it's still working, but I got the link within a minute and canceled without incident.  As it happens, I'm closing on my first house the day after tomorrow and the additional Mini will help a lot in covering the additional space, and obviously you can't beat the price.  

I was wondering that. I would go to account home and see if you typed the wrong e-mail. I did the 1st time and type hotamail instead of hotmail. Their system sucks for recognizing invalid email.

I made it to the Google Home Mini checkout but it shows $52 and not free. Am I missing something?
I got the same message, but then I tried one of the other colors and it worked. They might have run out of the current color that you clicked on.

I’m guessing Alexis going to be much better than google because it has built in premium/proprietary hardware meant for certain things (like Amazon Firestick and kindle....very sturdy, reliable, niche items), but amazon is soon becoming a contender, and I wouldn’t doubt a dabble into cell soon

I got the black one last night. Nice find. I was very concerned about the $15 charge, but as stated it really charges NOTHING even though you're authorizing the charge.

Wow guys....the promo works!!!
(Exactly like it’s supposed too )
Why are you shocked? They are giving away crap minis just to get you to think exactly like that , to return your Dots. Lol 😂 sounds so dumb but it’s so much money involved

Anyway if it worked I’ll be all for it , but it looks like mixed reviews. But like star ratings of 1’s and 2’s versus 8’s and 9’s,but nothing in between

Guess I’ll have to go on my experience this time and wait

bread's done
Back