*DEAD* Google Home Mini for $1 (Spotify Trial wokraround)

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
***DEAL IS NOW DEAD***

All credit goes to the individual who created THIS article.

I am putting it more succinctly here for everyone since the original article is pretty word and full of ads.

That being said I just tried this along with a few buddies of mine and it worked flawlessly.

*I understand this isn't directly a VIDEOGAME deal but technically they can now be used with commanding the Xbox One and such so I figured it deserved a thread here where it can be seen by more!*

Before we begin, there is one major limitation to this deal: you must be a new Spotify Premium subscriber. If you currently pay for any variation of Spotify Premium, you will not be eligible for this deal... Which means just make a new dummy account! : P

Step 1: Create a new Spotify account (or use your old one if you've only ever had a free account)

Step 2: Sign up for the 3 month Premium trial for $1 HERE.

Step 3: Upgrade to a family plan HERE. It says it will charge you $14.99 but what happens is instead it just knocks a single month off of your Premium trial from Step 2.

Step 4: Check your email, there should be a new one with the subject "Your Google Home Mini is now available." from Spotify. Follow the link and it is pretty self explanatory from there. You should not be charged a dime for the Google Home Mini with the promo that auto applies through the link and then the fact that there is free shipping on orders over $35.

Step 5: Cancel your Spotify Family and Spotify Premium memberships HERE (or in your Membership tab on your account) so as to not be charged later. You will retain the membership for the upcoming 2 months (duration of the trial) but will not auto renew so long as you cancel.

**NOTE** It seems that some people are experiencing extremely long processing times for their orders and it may be linked to cancelling immediately. It very well could just be an excess of people scamming this promo and just the holiday season in general but if you can wait a bit to cancel, maybe set up a calendar event and just cancel at the new year or something. **

Step 6: Enjoy your $1 Google Home Mini and maybe even buy this adorable Mickey Mouse accessory like I did since you can now justify it since the Mini was so cheap! ; p

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine shipped today, 12/7. I ordered on the 4th and delivery was estimated from 12/28 to 1/1. It’s now showing a delivery estimated of 12/18 to 12/20, so that’s good news.

Mine also shipped. Same 12/18 - 12/20 delivery estimate.
Debating getting another for family.
I linked them to the deal, wish they weren't so lazy about this sort of thing.

Just worked for me. Shame shipping takes almost a month apparently, would be a good Christmas gift.

Everything seemed to go through for me, thanks OP! I'll wait till it ships the cancel membership just in case.

Finally got a chance to redeem the free mini and I'm getting an error code. Anyone else run into this?

I ordered on 12/2 and my order is still stuck on "ordered" status.  I made the mistake of cancelling Spotify right after I put in my order at the google store so I'm a little worried I may not get it.  I did get 4 of these from the Walmart deal and I'm just giving these away as gifts, so I won't be too sad if I don't get it.

Still working. Three of the four colors were in stock (only coral was out of stock). I chose charcoal, and while it says 49.00 when first added to the cart, at checkout the discount applied. Delivery estimate is Dec 31-Jan 2. Happy New Year to me!  :D/ 

Thanks OP!

Made a new account, but I think it recognizes my credit card from another account.

"It looks like you've already taken a free trial or discount offer. Our regular Spotify Premium plan is just a click a way. Click continue to read more."

Edit: Tried buying through PayPal, but it still recognized me.

I'm going to try somebody else's credit card and see if it goes through. The people getting multiples, are you using different credit cards?

I ordered on 12/2 and my order is still stuck on "ordered" status. I made the mistake of cancelling Spotify right after I put in my order at the google store so I'm a little worried I may not get it. I did get 4 of these from the Walmart deal and I'm just giving these away as gifts, so I won't be too sad if I don't get it.
Same here, made the mistake of cancelling Spotify right away, which seems pretty consistent in that it's either delaying or may outright cancel the delivery.

OP should likely add to not cancel Spotify right away as it seems to interfere with the process.

What was the price error?
Walmart had a deal where they put them on sale for $18 a piece. Well they then had an additional offer that allowed you to buy 2 for the price of 1. It worked out if you bought 4 you got free shipping so it worked out to about $39 for 4 of them. Obviously not as great as this deal, but far less hassle.

Same here, made the mistake of cancelling Spotify right away, which seems pretty consistent in that it's either delaying or may outright cancel the delivery.

OP should likely add to not cancel Spotify right away as it seems to interfere with the process.
I cancelled mine immediately as did everyone else in my personal circle. Ours have been sent out no problems. I think it may just be an overload and just some are randomly getting shafted with longer times? I can still note it in the OP though just in case!

I cancelled mine immediately as did everyone else in my personal circle. Ours have been sent out no problems. I think it may just be an overload and just some are randomly getting shafted with longer times? I can still note it in the OP though just in case!
I appreciate the follow-up, and do agree it's likely just overload with all the orders. I just noted the consistency of those of us who cancelled right away being placed in the backlog.

You're the first I heard of who cancelled right away and still had it shipped so maybe it's no issue afterall.

Mine shipped today and I was one that cancelled Spotify immediately.  It appears they are just filling the orders in no particular order. 

Edit: Mine was gray fyi, which if the previous post is correct, color choice might be where the delay came from.

I just tried earlier today, ordered my mini then canceled my subs. Google gave a delivery date of Jan 2-4. Thanks OP. 

Follow up, I just got a shipping email from Google saying it's shipped and will be here the 18-20. The mini I ordered was charcoal if that matters.

My charcoal gray just shipped.  I waited till pretty late in the afternoon the day this was posted to order.  Canceled all the auto renew stuff with Spotify immediately.  

White one ordered on the 4th, still not shipped. Was updated from late Dec to mid Dec, now says it's delayed with no shipping. Used a new account and a VCC, did not cancel Spotify (card only had $1 on it and expires end of January 2019, so it can't get charged again anyway). Mine was white. Not sure when I'll get it.

Placed a second order today, new account, new VCC, same deal, for a black one. Says will come early January.

Slickdeals thread is kind of all over the place. Their system must be slammed. Who knows.

Gonna wait for it to ship before I do any cancelling. Love having the spotify trial anyway, was just waiting for an offer like this.

Anyone check if this stacks with the $35 off Chromecast + Google Home mini offer on Google Store? I didn't try, that would make the Chromecast free as well.

bread's done
Back