*DEAD* Google Home Mini for $1 (Spotify Trial wokraround)

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
***DEAL IS NOW DEAD***

All credit goes to the individual who created THIS article.

I am putting it more succinctly here for everyone since the original article is pretty word and full of ads.

That being said I just tried this along with a few buddies of mine and it worked flawlessly.

*I understand this isn't directly a VIDEOGAME deal but technically they can now be used with commanding the Xbox One and such so I figured it deserved a thread here where it can be seen by more!*

Before we begin, there is one major limitation to this deal: you must be a new Spotify Premium subscriber. If you currently pay for any variation of Spotify Premium, you will not be eligible for this deal... Which means just make a new dummy account! : P

Step 1: Create a new Spotify account (or use your old one if you've only ever had a free account)

Step 2: Sign up for the 3 month Premium trial for $1 HERE.

Step 3: Upgrade to a family plan HERE. It says it will charge you $14.99 but what happens is instead it just knocks a single month off of your Premium trial from Step 2.

Step 4: Check your email, there should be a new one with the subject "Your Google Home Mini is now available." from Spotify. Follow the link and it is pretty self explanatory from there. You should not be charged a dime for the Google Home Mini with the promo that auto applies through the link and then the fact that there is free shipping on orders over $35.

Step 5: Cancel your Spotify Family and Spotify Premium memberships HERE (or in your Membership tab on your account) so as to not be charged later. You will retain the membership for the upcoming 2 months (duration of the trial) but will not auto renew so long as you cancel.

**NOTE** It seems that some people are experiencing extremely long processing times for their orders and it may be linked to cancelling immediately. It very well could just be an excess of people scamming this promo and just the holiday season in general but if you can wait a bit to cancel, maybe set up a calendar event and just cancel at the new year or something. **

Step 6: Enjoy your $1 Google Home Mini and maybe even buy this adorable Mickey Mouse accessory like I did since you can now justify it since the Mini was so cheap! ; p

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered chalk under my gmail and charcoal with my dad's gmail on Dec 6. Both shipped today, Dec. 13. Both Spotify were cancelled immediately after ordering the minis.

How long does it take for the Google Home Mini offer to be sent to me? Just signed up with all the steps. I know I saw it talk about the google home mini.. but I skipped past that page in my process to look at my account info. 

Hrm... went to the website where it says you could go to redeem the offer... This is what I am getting. 

"Thank you so much for your interest.

We're sorry to say this offer is not available at this time.

We'll be sure to let you know about new offers in the future."

Fyi from chat support... 

"

Marques L
 at 15:00, Dec 14:

I hate to break it to you though that the offer is no longer available.

Unfortunately, it already ran out as there are only limited stocks.

Didn’t feel like dealing with this, so this came up, I jumped on it:

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1072020792123092993?s=21

Got a few Chalk, and they were delivered today 😃

man... wario is the man when it comes to deals and glitches. i dont even know how he find these things. and ppl been saying hes a bot. lol

Doesn't seem to work anymore.
He posted the deal after hours, on the 10th. Like 2:00-3:00 EST. It was fixed by morning. It was a glitch that worked on anything on the site, and could done multiple times. Lots of in-store orders were canceled, but all (or most) ordered for shipment went through.

Looks like the Spotify trick is dead. I didn't get the email about the Google mini like the OP said so i tried the direct link a user provided a few pages back and got this:

Thank you so much for your interest.
We're sorry to say this offer is not available at this time.

We'll be sure to let you know about new offers in the future.

Didn't do the work-around, since I already have spotify family. But my coral (only one that was in stock at the time) went OOS and got changed to a Charcoal mini. 

To be fair (to google(?) no thats not right.... lol) to all my CAG that want to know if i had any change in results, yes, slightly

Pairing or whatever u wanna call it, with Spotify is often a frustrating result

However, with pandora( and i assume even more so with Apple Music) it works pretty well

Still not something I’d pay more for, as I’m just using it to play holiday music and cant find it to be useful beyond that at this point but still

To be fair, as i said, its not a crappy product and it is cool if you can set it up with compatible functional hardware, so its not a bad promo at all

Got mine today, thanks OP. I cancelled right away if anyone was wondering. I think as long as you place the order and don't tinker with it, it will be fine

EDIT: I got my mom one to and order that one after mine but somehow she got it first which is interesting. Mine came from Illinois and hers came from Washington

Got mine on Tuesday (around 10 days from when I signed up- had my shipping date updated twice during that time). Thanks again to the "op" on this promotion. Cancelled Spotify the day it arrived.

Their plan worked. I want a couple more of these for the house now. I figured it would be trash like Siri, but it answers pretty much any question instantly among other things I find useful. I asked seemingly hard questions too like why the infinity blade was removed from Fortnite and it told me instantly.

Their plan worked. I want a couple more of these for the house now. I figured it would be trash like Siri, but it answers pretty much any question instantly among other things I find useful. I asked seemingly hard questions too like why the infinity blade was removed from Fortnite and it told me instantly.
I’ve had one since last November, and it was fine to control things like my thermostats and some of the lights I have around the house. I also took advantage of a few other deals and ended up with a few more over the the last few weeks and honestly, I enjoy having more of them.

I like being able to play my Spotify playlist on all of them simultaneously, great for when you’re cleaning around the house. It’s awesome for reminders or broadcasting notes around the house too. I also discovered that it works with TVs that feature HDMI CEC in conjunction with Chromecast, so I can have it flip on YouTube, Netflix, etc. as well as turn my TVs off and on. Not to mention having the ability for it to turn on a Bluetooth it’s synced to at your request is pretty handy.

I’m really enjoying the network of them. If google wants to listen to my pedantic life of bitching at video games, accidentally burning myself while cooking or grunting while I dump out on the can, more power to them.

I’ve had one since last November, and it was fine to control things like my thermostats and some of the lights I have around the house. I also took advantage of a few other deals and ended up with a few more over the the last few weeks and honestly, I enjoy having more of them.

I like being able to play my Spotify playlist on all of them simultaneously, great for when you’re cleaning around the house. It’s awesome for reminders or broadcasting notes around the house too. I also discovered that it works with TVs that feature HDMI CEC in conjunction with Chromecast, so I can have it flip on YouTube, Netflix, etc. as well as turn my TVs off and on. Not to mention having the ability for it to turn on a Bluetooth it’s synced to at your request is pretty handy.

I’m really enjoying the network of them. If google wants to listen to my pedantic life of bitching at video games, accidentally burning myself while cooking or grunting while I dump out on the can, more power to them.

I'm giving my Mini as a gift, but I had also gotten in on the free Alexa from Amazon as well last month and I'm quite enjoying it as well. I mostly just use it as a bluetooth speaker/to play Spotify in my room when I'm working which is quite nice.

I got my aqua green one yesterday and I added my main spotfiy account to my trial account so now I have the premium service.

What are my chances Spotify will cancel my service due to having both accounts using my name yet different email?

I've got mine set up just to use a Blutooth speaker basically. It's great for that at $1. Not ideal since it doesn't have any kind of battery, but if you put it's loud enough for a room or two if you aren't moving it around constantly.

bread's done
Back