[Dead] House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii) $12.99 shipped at Newegg.com

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']12.99 shipped? newegg doesn't charge tax?[/QUOTE]
No tax, unless you live in California, New Jersey or Tennessee.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Wow guys, its that good of a game?

Is it better than Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles?[/QUOTE]

the only thing they have in common is being an on-rails shooter. that's about it. everything from the story line to the graphics are different. R.E. always stive to be detailed, dark, atmosphere-filled. There is also some degree of difficulty level. HoTD:OK is set up like a grindhouse feature. Over the top storyline, off-beat characters who utter a catch phrase w/ every sentence they speak and pretty much nothing but cannon fodder. No difficulty b/c when you die (and you will die a lot) you just use credits and restart right there.

I did like it better than R.E.: U.C. but I can't compare to D.S.: Extraction b/c I haven't tried that yet. Now, I will say that R.E.: Darkside Chronicles looks promising! (I pre-ordered and got the t-shirt on saturday - freakin sweet!

[quote name='Alien Spider']Nice! I was wanting this one, saw it at Wal-Mart for $20, glad I waited. :)

Don't forget your BING! 2% is still 2% cheaper. ;)[/QUOTE]

Whats BING! , a promo code?

Hell yes! =D Between this, HotD 2+3, and the 2x Resident Evil shooters my Shot Blasters will be getting a healthy amount of use!

Definitely ordering once I'm back home. =P

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Between this, HotD 2+3, and the 2x Resident Evil shooters my Shot Blasters will be getting a healthy amount of use![/QUOTE]

You don't own Ghost Squad?

Sad... just sad.

Thanks Op!
In for one...why not?

Is the Perfect Shot still considered the best shooting accessory?

Thanks!

Looks like I'm plugging my Wii back in, thanks OP! I think I will also grab the Nyko Perfect Shot gun once I get my MW2 credit from Amazon. :)

I like my perfect shot, haven't checked out what's new though.

This price is a steal. I wanted to check this game out Thanks op.

[quote name='donut']Is the Perfect Shot still considered the best shooting accessory?[/QUOTE]

My cat argues that the Nerf Blaster is better because it can also shoot whistling darts across the room.

Alton Brown hates unitaskers.

Awesome. Been waiting to get this under $15. Fun game. Thought Gamefly would get there first, but Newegg wins! Thanks, OP! Don't forgot Bing 2% CB. Big money.

[quote name='donut']Thanks Op!
In for one...why not?

Is the Perfect Shot still considered the best shooting accessory?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have the Perfect Shot and a Pelican Duo shot, as well. Kinda like the Duo Shot, thanks to the weight balancing. Perfect Shot's spring trigger is also much noisier (on mine), but the Duo Shot's double triggers could take some getting used to. Either one is worth picking up for $10, IMO.

I've been wanting this game for awhile! Put in an order for one.

And f-bombs throughout the whole game? Awesome. Now I can feel both cheap AND dirty while I play it!

I have a perfect shot and the only problem I have with it is that it doesn't seem to take into account the wrist strap. The only place to run it is out the top, which is a little annoying. Maybe I'm missing what I'm suppose to do with the wrist strap?

[quote name='chad2261']can anyone compare this one to House of the Dead 2&3 on the Wii? I played that one for a few minutes and for some reason just found it too difficult to really enjoy.[/QUOTE]

its not as hard, its a pretty fun game

[quote name='crunchewy']I have a perfect shot and the only problem I have with it is that it doesn't seem to take into account the wrist strap. The only place to run it is out the top, which is a little annoying. Maybe I'm missing what I'm suppose to do with the wrist strap?[/QUOTE]

Exact same problem with the Perfect Shot for me. Gets annoying sometimes that I have to take off the strap to use it. But I still like it though.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have a perfect shot and the only problem I have with it is that it doesn't seem to take into account the wrist strap. The only place to run it is out the top, which is a little annoying. Maybe I'm missing what I'm suppose to do with the wrist strap?[/QUOTE]

Take it off the Wii Remote. It's not like you're going to throw the gun through your TV set.

[quote name='Squarehard']Exact same problem with the Perfect Shot for me. Gets annoying sometimes that I have to take off the strap to use it. But I still like it though.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a Dremel? You should.

perfectshotnotchlabel.jpg

perfectshotwithwiimote.jpg

[quote name='eastx']Do you have a Dremel? You should.

perfectshotnotchlabel.jpg

perfectshotwithwiimote.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't but my friend does. That looks pretty damn sweet. I think I will have my friend do that.

Thanks for the advice!

When did the Perfect Shot get iron sights? Mine sure as crap doesn't.

That said, Overkill was pretty fun, but it doesn't really beat out Dead Space Extraction, Ghost Squad, or even HotD2 and 3. Still, easily worth it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Maybe I'm missing what I'm suppose to do with the wrist strap?[/QUOTE]

trashcan.jpg

You pansies actually use the wrist strap?

Thanks for the post, OP. In for 1. And thanks for the tip about the Perfect Shot. Never heard of it before & looks like I can pick it up from GS for $15 since I'm going there tomorrow instead of Newegg for $16 (shipped).

[quote name='chad2261']can anyone compare this one to House of the Dead 2&3 on the Wii? I played that one for a few minutes and for some reason just found it too difficult to really enjoy.[/QUOTE]

I *hated* HotD 2&3 but loved Overkill (it plays completely different... well, it's a lightgun game, but still)

[quote name='gkrykewy']This motherfucking game is motherfucking amazing. Can't motherfucking recommend it highly enough, motherfuckers.[/QUOTE]

That's ironic.

As for the Perfect Shot, I gotta say that I don't have midget hands or anything, but I get really uncomfortable using it for an extended period and don't bother anymore at all.

Otherwise this game is awesome and highly recommended to anyone who likes shooting games.

[quote name='darkjediknight77']Thanks OP. I picked up one for my nephew for X-mas.[/QUOTE]

Unless your nephew is a teenanger, I would'nt recommend this for your nephew. They drop the F-Bomb almost every other sentence and there is some sexually explicit subject matter (not nudity, but not for the kiddies). This really would have been a great for the kids if they took out the blood and had some kind of mute mode because it is'nt a difficult shooter.

Great fun game, easily worth this. Not as great as Res. Evil Umbrella C but still a fun time especially with another person who loves F-bombs.

Buy it with a Perfect Shot and you'll be set. One X-mas gift finished. Thanks OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit, I've been trying to get in on this for a christmas gift since 8AM and kept having problems with the website... couldn't add it to cart, images were messed up... now it's OOS. Oh well, guess there'll be other deals...

Yes, pissed that I just saw this tread -- now that it's sold out. Not sure how Newegg works but hoping that they get some more stock and keep the price!

[quote name='awp']Yes, pissed that I just saw this tread -- now that it's sold out. Not sure how Newegg works but hoping that they get some more stock and keep the price![/QUOTE]

Do not hold your breath...

If you don't mind paying $2 more you can get this at Best Buy for $14.99 after $5 off RZ coupon (printed out from the website).

bread's done
Back