(DEAD) Iron Man 2 blu combo pack $15 Walmart.com

[quote name='shrike4242']It's not in the same color block as the other movies, which might show that it's not the same $15 price as the other items. Bad place for them to put it, as they could have moved it elsewhere on the page and not had the confusion. I doubt they'll be bringing it out for $15.[/QUOTE]
It's $15. Mouse over Iron Man 2 in the ad and it clearly states $15 each. Hell of a deal TBH.

[quote name='ITDEFX']That would be cool if you can take the ad and match it with the steelbook at target.

but that was only a dream[/QUOTE]
Why not? They honor price matches with a printed ad and I doubt they even know what a steelbook is.

[quote name='NegativeZero']Personally, it looks to me as if it's NOT supposed to be part of the $15 sale, It's off to the side , in it's own white background, and It's image is larger than the others. It was probably just a notice advertising when the item will be in stock. I hope my order doesn't get canceled but I think it's a mistake to begin with.[/QUOTE]

That's what it initially looks like, but if you mouse over the cover, the pop up appears with a big $15. Took a screenshot. Will Target price match a screenshot of an ad with the pop up clearly showing $15?

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order. Unfortunately, we've had to cancel the item(s) listed below due to limited availability.

damn, sorry to hear about the cancellation guys..didn't even think twice (and hadn't read the thread) when I got this today:

"Thank you for your order. It is currently being processed and it will ship as soon as possible"

guess you had to get in by a certain time??

Order Canceled too. Could probably call since it's being sold at regular price (not limited availability), but I'm not a big fan of the movie so it's not worth my time.

Edit:
Decided to send a message to customer service. I don't mind that my order was canceled, but this limited availability excuse is BS. WalMart should have just said price mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Item availability is updated frequently, so please check our site later if you'd like to order this item again.

they should of added "at a higher price." at the end of this sentence.

They canceled mine as well. Didn't expect it to go through anyway. Though by saving this amount of money buying Iron Man 2 on discount, I would have lived better. So much for their motto.

Gee, and Walmart wonders why people hate them so much.

Yep, that Iron Man 2 Bluray-- such a niche release, it's going to be REALLY hard to find copies of that ANYWHERE.

This calls for the tacky yet timeless, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

[quote name='icedrake523']Mine got canceled due to "limited availability" (ie they done goofed on the price). I'm sure it'll be $15 on Amazon come Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Same deal here... Just got off the phone after a nice chat with Customer Support. They were "happy" to reinstate my original order for me. ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']EDIT:
Penguin1084, we can't have ad scans on CAG, so I removed your pic. Link still works, so let's use that instead, and it's on page 11.[/QUOTE]

sorry about that.

thought it was only for ads that were officially released yet. >.

[quote name='Arkanos']Same deal here... Just got off the phone after a nice chat with Customer Support. They were "happy" to reinstate my original order for me. ;)[/QUOTE]

What did you tell them??

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Thanks god, I saved the printout yesterday. :D Day one, will buy Target Metalpak for $15 ;)[/QUOTE]

anyway you can send that to me? o_O

[quote name='Arkanos']Same deal here... Just got off the phone after a nice chat with Customer Support. They were "happy" to reinstate my original order for me. ;)[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to do that? I just got off the phone and he kept telling me they couldn't fulfill the order because of "all the orders they received at that price" which is obviously complete bs. I should have asked to speak to the manager or something =\. Do they keep track of the number that called in? I never actually gave him any of my information but knew it was about Iron Man 2. I guess they've been getting a lot of calls about it. Maybe I'll try calling again tomorrow until someone agrees to fulfill my original order.

[quote name='samusaran226']How did you manage to do that? I just got off the phone and he kept telling me they couldn't fulfill the order because of "all the orders they received at that price" which is obviously complete bs. I should have asked to speak to the manager or something =\. Do they keep track of the number that called in? I never actually gave him any of my information but knew it was about Iron Man 2. I guess they've been getting a lot of calls about it. Maybe I'll try calling again tomorrow until someone agrees to fulfill my original order.[/QUOTE]

I originally got my order in right when the deal went live, so I made sure to emphasis the amount of time between when my order was placed/ the time the deal went dead / and the time I received my cancellation email. The main thing was that I stayed civil when I called in and didn't go into the call angry. They weren't happy about honoring the deal, but they did it anyway.

I love how I get the cancellation e-mail at 9:58 PM and their customer service number closes at 10 PM. I especially love how their site still has the combo pack "in stock" yet the e-mail says they had to cancel it due to "limited availability." Absolute bullshit.

Seems like a great bait and switch-- gee, we can't sell you Iron Man 2 for $15 as we're out of stock, but we'd be happy to sell you Iron Man 2 for $25, and we have plenty!

They canceled mine as well, however, I have a way with getting CSR's to honor my deals. E-mail sent, depending what they say, will choose how I handle the rest of this situation. For their sake, they better hope they honor it right off the bat. ;)

Wow, managed to get a hold of someone (called RIGHT before closing, hoped someone would just want me out of their hair so they could go home) and as a "one time courtesy" they re-ordered it and gave me a price adjustment to honor it. I did push a bit about why the email said it was out of stock but the website had them and was told that's just the generic email they send... (lame excuse)

Just be super SUPER nice about the whole thing....

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Thanks god, I saved the printout yesterday. :D Day one, will buy Target Metalpak for $15 ;)[/QUOTE]

Well from my experience at the local targets, they want the actual paper in their hands...not the print out from the web before they PM :(

Just got the cancellation e-mail too due to "limited availability" even though it's still in stock on their site. If they didn't lie I wouldn't care as much but still...thinking about e-mailing them asking about the availability issue and seeing if I can still get it honored since their call center is closed now.

Got cancellation email. Talk to their customer service rep. Said that it was still available, so what's up with cancelling my order? They then said it was a pricing mistake. I got on them to honor their "preorder price promise." it doesn't say exclude pricing error. Rep then said they reserve the right to cancel for any reason! What a great policy, low price guaranteed until we cancel your order and make you order it again when the price goes back up!

What I love is that they still haven't bothered to change the price that shows up when you hover over the image in the ad. It still shows $15 in my local ad.

[quote name='BuckSatan']What I love is that they still haven't bothered to change the price that shows up when you hover over the image in the ad. It still shows $15 in my local ad.[/QUOTE]

I emailed customer service about that after they canceled my order.

That's a real shame that they did a mass cancel. It didn't seem like that crazy of a discount to where if it was a mistake, they'd end up sending the copies out at that price. I didn't order because I didn't like the movie all that much but hope you guys get something for the trouble.

It doesn't really bother me that they canceled it, I expected it as much anyway.

It does bother me that they're still withholding my money though. Give it back Walmart, give it back.

[quote name='Indignate']It doesn't really bother me that they canceled it, I expected it as much anyway.[/QUOTE]

What bothers me is that Walmart claims "limited availability" is why they canceled the orders yet you can buy it from their site right now at a higher price. "Limited availability" my ass. Especially on a title that is expected to be a multi million copy seller like Iron Man 2 will be. That's why I don't buy their bullshit excuse on this.

bread's done
Back