(DEAD) Iron Man 2 blu combo pack $15 Walmart.com

lol, I guess the amount of people aware of this fuck up and me threatening to go with Target got me a "we'll honor the price" eGift card.

[quote name='Walmart']
You recently received an email from us that your order of Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Digital Copy) (Widescreen) had been cancelled due to a limited supply issue. The cancellation was due to a pricing error on this item, not a supply issue. We're sorry for the confusion and the inconvenience.

To thank you for your understanding, we will honor the $15 price that was displayed at the time of your purchase. We will email you a $10.88eGift Card to cover the difference from the current price of $24.96 plus tax. Your eGift card will be emailed within the next 24 hours and can be applied towards the purchase of this item or a different item. We’ll issue one eGift Card per affected customer; this card can be used online at Walmart.com only.[/quote]

Still no e-mail in response to the e-mail I sent last night, or a eCard. Time to send another e-mail, this time, a nasty one.

Edit: Nevermind, I literally just got it. Not even 5 seconds after posting this.

Just received the email regarding the egift card. Good on Walmart for honoring the price mistake. I'm honestly shocked they are, as it was pretty clearly a mistake.

No e-mails yet. I never e-mailed or called them. I didn't get an e-mail last night about the cancellation until about 10:40PM Eastern so I'll give them a few more hours.

[quote name='DK745']No e-mails yet. I never e-mailed or called them. I didn't get an e-mail last night about the cancellation until about 10:40PM Eastern so I'll give them a few more hours.[/QUOTE]
I didn't email or call either and got an email about the gift card, just give them some time, I'm sure it's on the way.

[quote name='vessey632']Just received the email regarding the egift card. Good on Walmart for honoring the price mistake. I'm honestly shocked they are, as it was pretty clearly a mistake.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't clearly a mistake; Iron Man 2 was not a well reviewed movie and Walmart has offered decent pre-order discounts before.

However, even if it was clearly a price mistake, that's not the issue; The issue is WalMart lying, saying orders were canceled due to limited inventory eventhough the item was still available to order (but at a higher price). Had WalMart been honest, there wouldn't have been so much outrage.

I got the email too. I'm happy they're trying to make the situation better, but I'm not re-ordering until after I get the gift card and confirmation that it works.

[quote name='vessey632']I didn't email or call either and got an email about the gift card, just give them some time, I'm sure it's on the way.[/QUOTE]

Just got the e-mail now. At least Wal-Mart is honoring the price and admitting they were wrong. I doubt they would have done it if it wasn't for all of the outrage/pressure put on them though. That wasn't so hard to admit now was it..

[quote name='dchrisd']It wasn't clearly a mistake; Iron Man 2 was not a well reviewed movie and Walmart has offered decent pre-order discounts before.

However, even if it was clearly a price mistake, that's not the issue; The issue is WalMart lying, saying orders were canceled due to limited inventory eventhough the item was still available to order (but at a higher price). Had WalMart been honest, there wouldn't have been so much outrage.[/QUOTE]

Oh please, every time there's a price mistake (which again, this clearly was being a well-known blockbuster-type movie) CAGers throw a fit when their orders are cancelled, regardless of the reason given. Most of us know that price mistakes are hit and miss but a certain segment seem to think they're entitled to the price even though every site has policies that clearly state they don't have to honor price mistakes. Just be happy Walmart is being generous for once.

Glad to see that they're honoring the price mistake. I wouldn't have been mad if they just left it cancelled, so this is a nice stroke of luck. I guess I should say thanks to all the people who put up a protest and pushed this through.

Got my ecard email. Yay for walmart. They certainly didn't have to do this. Thanks to all the CAGs that filed complaints!

Got the email follow-up, from my cancelled order, thought it was very nice to honor the price as it was online on their site, in the online and print weekly ad for my area, on the blu ray page also.

I didn't call either because I didn't think it was worth the frustration of arguing, but I also just got the email as well. In my email, it says I should get a giftcard in 24 hr. for $10.61. After the giftcard, Iron Man 2 will be a little cheaper than the original $15.

It is kind of funny that in this email that Walmart finally admits that it was a pricing error and not because it is out of stock.

Thanks goes out to those that complained or otherwise bothered to try to weasel something out of them because I didn't bother. Turns out you did us a service because I got an e-mail that said I should be expecting an eCert.

Ha, nice. Figures the not-so-obvious price mistake gets a free $10 GC, but the huge Amazon BSG mistake doesn't get shit. I just can't win. :\

[quote name='eastx']Do you get the eGiftCard whether or not you reinstate your preorder?[/QUOTE]

The e-mail states you can use it on anything. Here is exactly how they phrased it.

"Your eGift card will be emailed within the next 24 hours and can be applied towards the purchase of this item or a different item."

It also states to wait to receive this gift card before you re-order so you would get it regardless of if you reinstate the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Do you get the eGiftCard whether or not you reinstate your preorder?[/QUOTE]

In my email about getting a egift card it says this...
[FONT=&quot]
If you would still like to preorder the Iron Man 2 Blu-ray, please wait for your eGift card and then follow the link below to place your order:[/FONT]

[quote name='TheWooz']I got the email about the egiftcard too. Nice to see a retailer make good on there screw up.[/QUOTE]

Me too can't believe it. Nice to see them honoring the price, probably what they're going to charge for it on Black Friday anyway.:D

Got an email about the gift card as well, Thanks Wally word, now whos willing to help put some outrage and pressure on amazon for canceling the BSG blu's

Yeah I called a second time today at about 3 PM. Got into a long debate with a "supervisor" over this whole situation. The "supervisor" told me that she felt that we have no legs to stand on about this situation because Walmart has their little "terms and conditions" and that alone is their justification for this. I pretty much enforced that its a horrible business practice to tell me that my order is canceled due to "limited availability" yet turn around and tell me that I can buy it for a higher price. I also asked given how big Walmart is as a company why they don't have a team that has to approve these such things before they go up on the site in order to prevent this to which she has no reply.

In the end I am glad Walmart did the right thing which is honor the price point that people purchased the product for. We all bought the combo pack in good faith at $15 then got mislead on why the orders were canceled. In the end its fixed but honestly I won't order from Walmart.com again after this. This is my first time using Walmart.com and if this is any indication on how they run things then I'd rather take my business elsewhere.

Thanks to The Consumerist in which I feel that them posting that story earlier today really helped push things along. Also thanks to everyone for calling Walmart to let them know how unhappy you are about this. Its about time we win one over a giant corporation like this.

[quote name='drakesvg']Got an email about the gift card as well, Thanks Wally word, now whos willing to help put some outrage and pressure on amazon for canceling the BSG blu's[/QUOTE]

To be honest I'm forgiving to Amazon about that issue since they outright said it was a pricing error. Walmart on the other hand pretty much lied about it saying it was an "limited supply" issue but quickly had the Blu/DVD combo up on the site "in stock." That's where many people had issue with this as well. If Walmart had been honest about this from the start I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been this outrage over it. Heck even I would have let it go.

[quote name='Demolition Man']To be honest I'm forgiving to Amazon about that issue since they outright said it was a pricing error. Walmart on the other hand pretty much lied about it saying it was an "limited supply" issue but quickly had the Blu/DVD combo up on the site "in stock." That's where many people had issue with this as well. If Walmart had been honest about this from the start I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been this outrage over it. Heck even I would have let it go.[/QUOTE]

For me, it's that, and the idea that I sent my credit card information to them and did not receive a product. I know that, realistically, my information is pretty safe but still, if I'm going to take that risk I'd like to actually get something out of it. Personal hangup.

Still, they made good and I am satisfied.

Sweet! Got the email regarding the ecard, and will be pre-ordering Iron Man 2 again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I said I wasn't going to complain but after I sat there and thought about it I decided to shoot them an email. I sent them a kind email simply asking them to honor there Price Promise Policy and telling them that I was a loyal customer blah blah and so on. Glad I did because I think every little helped on getting them to give us that ordered it to honor it.

[quote name='Demolition Man']To be honest I'm forgiving to Amazon about that issue since they outright said it was a pricing error. Walmart on the other hand pretty much lied about it saying it was an "limited supply" issue but quickly had the Blu/DVD combo up on the site "in stock." That's where many people had issue with this as well. If Walmart had been honest about this from the start I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been this outrage over it. Heck even I would have let it go.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel as well.

I didn't even bother ordering BSG on amazon since I knew that was never going to ship and it was a huge pricing error. They admitted it and people were just trying to get lucky with it.

This on the other hand didn't seem like a pricing error, then they lied and said it was canceled due to limited availability when it was still available on their site at a higher price. I never complained about it but am glad they are fixing it.

If they had just admitted it was a pricing error I probably wouldn't even care. It was just an awful lie. They probably wouldn't even be giving out the eGift cards right now.

I got an email for the gift card refund. Thanks Wal-mart, I thought I was going to be waiting for this title, now I can get it on release.

I definitely wouldn't have called and made a big deal about it had they just said it was a pricing error-- you shrug and move on. It was the obvious, blatant lie about available that got me upset enough to call...

But it's good they're doing the right thing and honoring it after pulling such BS yesterday.

I also got the egift card last night... post when(if) you get yours. I'm not gonna bother ordering the movie before I get my egift card.

Wooo. I got the email I'm getting the gift card. I am gonna use it on ordering Iron Man 2 even though i'm tempted to use it on a game.

I don't get how people can be "Yay, Walmart!" when Walmart really wasn't going to do anything until the heat of a nationwide stink made them do something. A "Bout time, Walmart!" is more appropriate.

M

How long after you received the email that a egiftcard was coming did you actually get the gift card email? I received the first email but the gift card email has yet to appear.

[quote name='Rivana']How long after you received the email that a egiftcard was coming did you actually get the gift card email? I received the first email but the gift card email has yet to appear.[/QUOTE]
I haven't received my gift card e-mail yet either but the previous e-mail did say withing 24 hours. I got the previous e-mail last night around 10pm.

Got the e-mail saying I was going to be getting the gift card last night. Sounds like it should arrive by 8 this evening. I'll plan on reordering Iron Man 2 with the gift card. Very kind of them to do this for us, considering they had absolutely no obligation to honor what was clearly a price mistake. Props to WM & those of you who complained for the rest of us!

got my egift card for $10.83 and also was able to re-pre-ordered Iron Man 2 for $15 at Walmart store in Valley Stream yesterday...Thanks to Walmart... LMAO!

[quote name='rhenzhen']got my egift card for $10.83 and also was able to re-pre-ordered Iron Man 2 for $15 at Walmart store in Valley Stream yesterday...Thanks to Walmart... LMAO![/QUOTE]

How are you able to use the egift card in the store?

bread's done
Back