[DEAD] K-Mart Clearance (Only BxNY) $9.99, Dead Space 2 LE, Vanquish, Heavy Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

thakingrocka

CAGiversary!
YMMV

10/21 Update:
[ I went to the store again today and found a few new games while some games were no longer available. Though I believed this would be a franchise-wide clearance, it may not be despite SHC's comments. He hasn't posted a clearance list since this past Tuesday, so for now, we'll have to just assume it's regional or this location only. Sorry if anyone went too far off, but as so often is necessary, YMMV was in the post from the get-go. ]

I saw a ton of games there, too many to remember and list. That Dead Space 2 LE comes with Extraction by the way. As always, YMMV. I went in to pick up Arkham City with the $30 GC and ended up buying four other games too. NOTE: Some of the games were GH versions and some had stickers with 19.99 and all, but most of the games had no stickers or any markings at all on the shrink-wrap.

Bronx, NY - Bay Plaza

Here are some others I remember:
Added Games for 10/21
Bulletstorm (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (360)

Crackdown
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (PS3)
Medal of Honor
Resistance 1
Resistance 2 (not GH)
Killzone 2 (GH)
DJ Hero (game only, all systems)
Brutal Legend
God of War Collection
Halo 3 ODST
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare GotY (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3)
Fable III
The Beatles: Rock Band
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Band Hero
Dead Space 2 LE
Heavy Rain

Lonegunman718 reported:
saints row double pack
dragon age origins ultimate edition
tron evolution

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the deal with this? I've now gone twice (Friday and today) to my local K-Mart (northern NJ) and nothing has been at $10 clearance.

[quote name='buddynayr']What is the deal with this? I've now gone twice (Friday and today) to my local K-Mart (northern NJ) and nothing has been at $10 clearance.[/QUOTE]

It seems that kmart has flipped us ny/nj locals the bird :(

[quote name='buddynayr']What is the deal with this? I've now gone twice (Friday and today) to my local K-Mart (northern NJ) and nothing has been at $10 clearance.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately only some of the games listed in this thread were supposed to be on the $10 clearance and some of them were only one week deals(Bioshock 2). Supposedly SHC-Gamer is going to post the list of $10 games(hoping for at least God Of War Collection)in the main Kmart Gamer thread. But with all of the big releases coming out soon(BF3 tomorrow, Uncharted 3 next week and COD: MW3 the week after that to say the least), I imagine he will be strapped for time to post the $10 title list.

I'm really hoping that he does post the list, because my Kmart just has TONS of games lying around in the $20 to $30 range that I'm hoping will drop to $10. It seems like no one goes there to buy games, and whenever they drop to super cheap, I'm always able to grab them. Case in point: there are still launch-day copies of Halo 3 that have the "Do not sell until September 25, 2007" sticker on them! It's not just Xbox games, there are tons of Nintendo-published DS games sitting at $20 or $30 that will hopefully drop to $10. They're going to want to clear out all this old inventory at some point, right?

At my kmart you won't beleave what I found while searching for heavy rain, I found 2 sealed copys of oddworld strangers wrath ! I haven't seen that game in stores in years and I never got to play it. Is it backwards compatible for the 360 ?

I'm pretty sure all of the old school Xbox stuff got clearanced out a long time ago, strait. So you might want to have them price check them the next time you're there.

One of the Kmarts here had copies of FFVII and FF Tactics for PS1 up till around 3 years ago here.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm pretty sure all of the old school Xbox stuff got clearanced out a long time ago, strait. So you might want to have them price check them the next time you're there.

One of the Kmarts here had copies of FFVII and FF Tactics for PS1 up till around 3 years ago here.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Would have checked it but it isn't backwards compatible with the 360 :( I also saw a oh version of halo combat evolved. It's funny that I came to try to find heavy rain for 10 but I end up finding this old stuff instead of a game that just came out last year. It's not lime heavy rain is rare or anything.

Thanks OP. Literally drove 30 miles to my nearest Kmart. Luckily I was able to find SMG2 for $20 and Metroid Prime Trilogy for $40. However, DKC:R rung up full price for me.

Some stuffs I saw in the clearance bin - bunch of Dragon Quest V for $20 and 2 PS3 Castlevania Lords of Shadow Limited Edition for $20.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Would have checked it but it isn't backwards compatible with the 360 :( I also saw a oh version of halo combat evolved. It's funny that I came to try to find heavy rain for 10 but I end up finding this old stuff instead of a game that just came out last year. It's not lime heavy rain is rare or anything.[/QUOTE]
Problem is that those games are probably all pennied out there by now and will ring up price not found or something to that effect.

At most the Oddworld game is worth $20.50 new/sealed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Problem is that those games are probably all pennied out there by now and will ring up price not found or something to that effect.

At most the Oddworld game is worth $20.50 new/sealed.[/QUOTE]

My kmart still sells ps2 controlers for 29.99 new so I doubt those games are pennied out lol. Unlike other kmarts this one doesn't beleave in clearance sales for games :(

[quote name='postaboy']Thanks OP. Literally drove 30 miles to my nearest Kmart. Luckily I was able to find SMG2 for $20 and Metroid Prime Trilogy for $40. However, DKC:R rung up full price for me.

Some stuffs I saw in the clearance bin - bunch of Dragon Quest V for $20 and 2 PS3 Castlevania Lords of Shadow Limited Edition for $20.[/QUOTE]

Castlevania LE $20 :drool: lucky. I wouldve been all over that.

Damn, he's holding these clearance prices close to the vest...I wish we could just get an official list/details from Josh already!

[quote name='sgaldis']Damn, he's holding these clearance prices close to the vest...I wish we could just get an official list/details from Josh already![/QUOTE]

What you should do is have the games you would be interested in printed with the UPC just so you can use a scanner. Even better if your phone can do it. Just use the scanners and you're set.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Problem is that those games are probably all pennied out there by now and will ring up price not found or something to that effect.

At most the Oddworld game is worth $20.50 new/sealed.[/QUOTE]
INF is 90% off at Kmart, so still a pretty good price. They just enter it into the register.

[quote name='shurija']Strait, no games at 34th street rang up at clearance price?[/QUOTE]

Sadly no. I tried resistance 2 and dragon age ultimate and they were msrp. This sucks and I hope josh can tell us what's up here. If you are looking for heavy rain like I was don't bother as there are no copys there

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']What you should do is have the games you would be interested in printed with the UPC just so you can use a scanner. Even better if your phone can do it. Just use the scanners and you're set.[/QUOTE]

While this is a good idea, the shortcoming of this idea is that we're unaware of what the new clearance games will be. We can look through the list of old games and select certain UPC's to print but I think a lot of us are interested in seeing what new items may be at the 19.99/14.99 price point.

Which Kmarts did you check out in NJ? The westwood and paramus stores didn't have any 9.99 games and the lowest I saw was 14.99.

My local kmart had all the game sin question but all were msrp. Few copies of heavy rain wedge behind things but those rang up as 30 bucks too. I did see medal of honor for 15 as well as resonance of fate but i left them. Ill wait till novemeber and try again but my kmart never has clearance games really.

Super Mario Galaxy is definitely $20. Picked that one up.

Other prices of note at my local northern NJ Kmart (all were found via the price scanner):

Infinite Undiscovery $12.99
Chronicles of Riddick (X360) $12.99
Lego Rock Band $12.99
Dark Void $7.99

DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon: $14.99
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia: $14.99
Advance Wars: Day of Ruin: $14.99

Picked up those three DS games, thought it was a fair price for three Nintendo published games. Didn't get any of the 360 games. Probably going to pass on Dark Void altogether but may eventually pick up Riddick and Lego Rock Band (for the tracks to export). I'm hoping they get cheaper first, though.

Went to the Queens store. What a waste. I spotted Heavy Rain and Donkey Kong Country Returns behind the glass and wanted to get them scanned. I asked the girl working in the department, who was doing absolutely nothing (except chatting up the electronic security guy). She mumbled something under her breath so I said excuse me. She did it again and I said still didn't catch that sorry. So she yells "WHAT GAMES IS YOU ASKIN ABOUT!!" She was pretty pissed that she would momentarily have to stop talking to Mr. Security, who, at his probable ~$7 per hour, is quite the catch. Anyway, both games rang up MSRP. I figured I wouldn't bother asking about other games or she might claw me to death with her 4" nails.

I then went next door to the Toys R Us, where a red-shirted employee promptly ran right into me. He was on his break ("I'm takin' my 20, son!") and looking back at a co-worker while running forward. Nice. When I got to the electronics department there was a woman there price-checking games for some guy. The first thing I heard her say was "You want me to check ANOTHER one?" so I figured screw this.

All in all, super pleasant shopping experience with unparalleled customer service. That whole mall can pretty much burn itself down.

maybe this is a part of the black friday deals, but it was started in that one location early. idk haha

when do clearances prices update for kmart, since its owned by sears is it the 9th of every month like them?

[quote name='illennium']Went to the Queens store. What a waste. I spotted Heavy Rain and Donkey Kong Country Returns behind the glass and wanted to get them scanned. I asked the girl working in the department, who was doing absolutely nothing (except chatting up the electronic security guy). She mumbled something under her breath so I said excuse me. She did it again and I said still didn't catch that sorry. So she yells "WHAT GAMES IS YOU ASKIN ABOUT!!" She was pretty pissed that she would momentarily have to stop talking to Mr. Security, who, at his probable ~$7 per hour, is quite the catch. Anyway, both games rang up MSRP. I figured I wouldn't bother asking about other games or she might claw me to death with her 4" nails.

I then went next door to the Toys R Us, where a red-shirted employee promptly ran right into me. He was on his break ("I'm takin' my 20, son!") and looking back at a co-worker while running forward. Nice. When I got to the electronics department there was a woman there price-checking games for some guy. The first thing I heard her say was "You want me to check ANOTHER one?" so I figured screw this.

All in all, super pleasant shopping experience with unparalleled customer service. That whole mall can pretty much burn itself down.[/QUOTE]

What mall was that? I once went shopping in Lefrak City and it was pretty clearly where hope went to die.

I found a few 12.99 titles at my local kmart in Michigan:

Fallout 3 for ps3, folklore for ps3, resident evil 5 ps3 that's all I can remember that is worth mentioning. I'll post more if I can remember later!!

[quote name='srac84']I found a few 12.99 titles at my local kmart in Michigan:

Fallout 3 for ps3, folklore for ps3, resident evil 5 ps3 that's all I can remember that is worth mentioning. I'll post more if I can remember later!![/QUOTE]
Was it the resident evil 5 gold edition ps3? how much is the gold edition?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Any ny/nj people have any luck yet ?[/QUOTE]

I went to both Paramus and Rahway in NJ last week and nothing.

[quote name='doreo503']I went to both Paramus and Rahway in NJ last week and nothing.[/QUOTE]

The thread title needs to be changed to "k-mart clearance (everywhere but ny/nj)". Hopefully this gets fixed soon and every kmart has these same prices

[quote name='strait edge follower']The thread title needs to be changed to "k-mart clearance (everywhere but ny/nj)". Hopefully this gets fixed soon and every kmart has these same prices[/QUOTE]

nothing in the Philly area either

Ha! went to check for these clearance games again. Nadda! But I did bring home 16lbs of hot dogs for FREEEE!!! i think i'll be grilling hot dogs for the next couple months!

Went to Kmart in Ohio, basically everything that had yellow clearance tags had dropped, however they did not mark them yet. I found all the titles that were 19.99 dropped to 14.99, all the 14.99 titles dropped to 12.99 and some to 9.99. The lady said that a massive clearance lsit went through though she did not have time to mark them down, but they would ring up right. This was for already marked yellow sticker items, she was not sure of what newer games may have been put on the clearance list. I picked up castlvainia OOE ds fro 14.99 and f1 the sony one for 14.99.

Went to my local store in MA. All the games in the "Great Games for 19.99 and Lower!" bin were marked down with yellow stickers, although a lot of them had yellow 19.99 stickers on them...even though they had been 19.99 before? Games like Force Unleashed 2 and Resistance which had never been in the bin still rang up at 19.99, so there's basically no clearance here.

GoW Collection and Heavy Rain still rang up $30 while SMG2 was still $50 at mine. Not a complete loss since I snagged Megaman Zero Collection for $15.

[quote name='spedmunki']Went to my local store in MA. All the games in the "Great Games for 19.99 and Lower!" bin were marked down with yellow stickers, although a lot of them had yellow 19.99 stickers on them...even though they had been 19.99 before? Games like Force Unleashed 2 and Resistance which had never been in the bin still rang up at 19.99, so there's basically no clearance here.[/QUOTE]

The games in the clearance section at my Kmarts have stayed at the 19.99 price forever. There are only a few exceptions where a few games might hit 14.99. I think we have to hope for a massive amount of new inventory to arrive at the stores to where Kmart is forced to reduce the clearance prices. Otherwise, a lot of these games will just sit there indefinitely. When will Kmart wake up and go back to the old clearance schedule (SCH-GAMER???) when you were rewarded for the hunt? It use to be worth my time to hit up my local stores and some not so local but not anymore. Does anyone think there is any hope for a return to the golden days when diamonds could be found in the rough by adventurous souls? I think not, but I am a realist at heart. What say you??????

I said this a week ago and I'll say it again...

How in the hell is this thread still alive? There is no deal here. At this rate we will be able to post BF deals on here!

This thread needs to go.I keep checking hoping for the deals to be confirmed.I wasted time at two Kmarts.Bah!

This is no deal. Close this shit. I wasted a trip to my Kmart which had Medal of Honor 360 for 14.99 and Nier 360 12.99. Everything else blew balls. eBay has better deals than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back