[DEAD] K-Mart Clearance (Only BxNY) $9.99, Dead Space 2 LE, Vanquish, Heavy Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

thakingrocka

CAGiversary!
YMMV

10/21 Update:
[ I went to the store again today and found a few new games while some games were no longer available. Though I believed this would be a franchise-wide clearance, it may not be despite SHC's comments. He hasn't posted a clearance list since this past Tuesday, so for now, we'll have to just assume it's regional or this location only. Sorry if anyone went too far off, but as so often is necessary, YMMV was in the post from the get-go. ]

I saw a ton of games there, too many to remember and list. That Dead Space 2 LE comes with Extraction by the way. As always, YMMV. I went in to pick up Arkham City with the $30 GC and ended up buying four other games too. NOTE: Some of the games were GH versions and some had stickers with 19.99 and all, but most of the games had no stickers or any markings at all on the shrink-wrap.

Bronx, NY - Bay Plaza

Here are some others I remember:
Added Games for 10/21
Bulletstorm (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (360)

Crackdown
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (PS3)
Medal of Honor
Resistance 1
Resistance 2 (not GH)
Killzone 2 (GH)
DJ Hero (game only, all systems)
Brutal Legend
God of War Collection
Halo 3 ODST
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare GotY (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3)
Fable III
The Beatles: Rock Band
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Band Hero
Dead Space 2 LE
Heavy Rain

Lonegunman718 reported:
saints row double pack
dragon age origins ultimate edition
tron evolution

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume that even though they're still in those plastic prison cases in the normal section they're actually marked with clearance stickers, right? That's why the Kmarts here were so good before, since the employees in electronics couldn't be bothered to pull out the clearance titles and mark them correctly. So they'd sit there with MSRP price stickers on them till they reach 90% off.:lol:;)

My K-Mart in Auburn, AL is the worst. They have so many games in stock that they have to stack them 2 deep in the cases (long ways), so you can only see the side panel of the front one. They have also taken over half of the dvd section, which is also behind glass, with games. However, they have NO clearance games, even ones that were launch titles, many years ago.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I don't think he was concerned about whether or not Heavy Rain worked with Move, but was inquiring if perhaps the packaging mattered for the clearance pricing. I was wondering the same thing myself, since the only Heavy Rain I saw at K-mart was the Move version... and it rang up $29.99. Perhaps they're all in the Move packaging, but I haven't shopped for this game before and thought maybe there was a non-Move branded Heavy Rain which would qualify for the clearance pricing (and perhaps that's what I should be searching for).[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Then yes, there are two different labels for that title

This is nuts! How is this thread still active? Not one person has been able to replicate this deal. I have been to 3 different Kmarts and not one sale. If Josh is going to announce the clearance in his thread then this one should be dissolved until then. It's a waste of time and gives false hope.

/rant

Oh yeah and I scanned a clear case Heavy Rain - $29.99

[quote name='WV Matsui']This is nuts! How is this thread still active? Not one person has been able to replicate this deal. I have been to 3 different Kmarts and not one sale. If Josh is going to announce the clearance in his thread then this one should be dissolved until then. It's a waste of time and gives false hope.

/rant

Oh yeah and I scanned a clear case Heavy Rain - $29.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not to mention that fact that in 11 pages 1 guy got these prices and (according to hearsay) Josh told a CAG that these prices didn't match his markdowns.

[quote name='Romeo']Is Dead Space 2 the box set or the regular case that says limited edition?[/QUOTE]

the copy i saw was just the game. i would have picked it up if it had the box/extras.

[quote name='WV Matsui']This is nuts! How is this thread still active? Not one person has been able to replicate this deal. I have been to 3 different Kmarts and not one sale. If Josh is going to announce the clearance in his thread then this one should be dissolved until then. It's a waste of time and gives false hope.

/rant

Oh yeah and I scanned a clear case Heavy Rain - $29.99[/QUOTE]
i think 4 people post the deal is live just at that store in the thread title.

[quote name='bgame2']Yeah, not to mention that fact that in 11 pages 1 guy got these prices and (according to hearsay) Josh told a CAG that these prices didn't match his markdowns.[/QUOTE]
read above.

being it looks like this is a one store deal i might have to take a deeper run and that bucket of $9.99 games.

[quote name='Scorch']This is legit. I asked Josh and he said the prices have been sent down to every store and the stores have 7 days to activate them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.[/QUOTE]
From a few pages back.

Picked up a bunch of games that were marked $20 for $15 at my local kmart. The only one was on OPs list was Guitar Hero Metallica. Others were Guitar Hero Smash hits 360, Sin and Punishment wii, Metro 2033 360, Singularity 360, and Advance Wars Days of Ruin DS.

[quote name='Lonegunman718']

i think 4 people post the deal is live just at that store in the thread title.

.[/QUOTE]

Then this needs to be moved to the regional deals section...

What if I and everyone else posted all the random sales we noticed at our local stores then this section would be nuts

[quote name='WV Matsui']Then this needs to be moved to the regional deals section...

What if I and everyone else posted all the random sales we noticed at our local stores then this section would be nuts[/QUOTE]

If it were a mom & pop shop, I would never have posted it in the main deals thread. It's a national chain. I posted the deal, and people are reporting that they're not finding it at their stores. That's how we determined that it's not nation-wide, but this is no random sale at a local store. This is exactly the sort of situation that the YMMV tag was created for. I have no objections to this thread being moved to the regional board in light of people's troubles, but I'm not sure I can do that myself.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Then this needs to be moved to the regional deals section...

What if I and everyone else posted all the random sales we noticed at our local stores then this section would be nuts[/QUOTE]

then pm a mod if its stopping your world from spinning. the op posted it thinking it was a store wide deal whats the problem. first thing i did was tell my friends i'll say thanks to the op for posting first as soon as he got the deal. it didnt help me but sounds like it helped a couple other locals get a deal on some good games isnt that what the sites about?

What's the deal with this? I'm in Northern NJ, went to my Kmart, no clearance prices on any of these games. I read that they'll all be labeled within the week. Is this true?

I only clicked on this thread because it said Heavy Rain. The OP said Heavy Rain so I ran to the store. But then the game rang up in store at $29.99. And Josh said Heavy Rain was not on the clearance list. So I check the official list he links to. Now I get Sid Meier's Pirates at K-Mart for less than the clearance price on that list. Back to the beginning full circle, and not sure what to believe... Except, waiting for someone else to get Heavy Rain for $9.99. THE END.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I only clicked on this thread because it said Heavy Rain. The OP said Heavy Rain so I ran to the store. But then the game rang up in store at $29.99. And Josh said Heavy Rain was not on the clearance list. So I check the official list he links to. Now I get Sid Meier's Pirates at K-Mart for less than the clearance price on that list. Back to the beginning full circle, and not sure what to believe... Except, waiting for someone else to get Heavy Rain for $9.99. THE END.[/QUOTE]

it also said " (Only BxNY for now?)"

I can only confirm the one store the op mentioned so maybe it is only that store ? The store in Bruckner Plaza had some games cleareanced but I didn't see any of the main games people were interested in like Heavy Rain and Dead Space 2 etc. They did have Yakuza 3 $15 and Toy Story 3 $15. This thread may need to move to regional forum, extremely ymmv in my opinion.

y are folks so sour about this thread? when it first popped up I remember reading YMMV which means that not everywhere will have it, is it so surprising that your kmart doesnt have these prices? the only reason why i managed to get 3rd Birthday for 9.99 was because I was buying it along with Batman AC, so if you really have no reason to shop at walmart other than picking up the games the op mentioned then you're better off saving ur gas money, and waiting for black friday to come around.

Edit: Soul Calibur Broken Destiny for the PSP is rung up twice for me at $14.99, while 3rd Birthday rang up $19.99 the second time around, the first time i bought it, it rang up $9.99 because it had the "great games at great prices$ 9.99 sticker" on it so if you are going to kmart for watever reason, don't expect those $9.99 games unless it is clearly marked $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I went in and saw one of the employees going to each game and putting a new LOWER price tag on almost every game. Although I didn't see any games from the first post, I did see:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days $14.99
No More Heroes 2 $12.99
Singularity $14.99
Dark Void $7.99

[quote name='Lonegunman718']then pm a mod if its stopping your world from spinning. the op posted it thinking it was a store wide deal whats the problem. first thing i did was tell my friends i'll say thanks to the op for posting first as soon as he got the deal. it didnt help me but sounds like it helped a couple other locals get a deal on some good games isnt that what the sites about?[/QUOTE]

yep, that is what the site's about. glad someone recognizes that. :)

I went into the OP's k-mart earlier today and saw the $9.99 sale. It said it ends 10/26 in small font. There's a bin with a bunch of X-box games, a section of Wii and DS games, and the PS3 bin. Didn't see much that stood out in the x-box bin (saw lego harry potter) but then again, I don't have an x-box. I can confirm seeing Bayonetta for PS3. I also saw a bunch of copies of FF13, Dragon Age: Origins, Singularity, Little Big Planet: GOTY, Lego Rock Band, and Brutal Legend all for PS3.

I got Metal Gear Solid 4 and Splatterhouse.

Is Splatterhouse any good? I was willing to bite since it was only 10 bucks.

[quote name='Ironlocke']I went into the OP's k-mart earlier today and saw the $9.99 sale. It said it ends 10/26 in small font. There's a bin with a bunch of X-box games, a section of Wii and DS games, and the PS3 bin. Didn't see much that stood out in the x-box bin (saw lego harry potter) but then again, I don't have an x-box. I can confirm seeing Bayonetta for PS3. I also saw a bunch of copies of FF13, Dragon Age: Origins, Singularity, Little Big Planet: GOTY, Lego Rock Band, and Brutal Legend all for PS3.

Is Splatterhouse any good? I was willing to bite since it was only 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]
You might want to keep it in the hrink wrap and watch some gameplay videos, I have not played splatter house myself but from what I hear the gameplay is very repetitive so if you are down for the whole ripping things apart for a few hours then the game might be for you, but if you're likely to get bored real fast then splatterhouse might just end up collecting dust on ur shelf, especially if you have other games in ur backlog.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Today I went in and saw one of the employees going to each game and putting a new LOWER price tag on almost every game. Although I didn't see any games from the first post, I did see:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days $14.99
No More Heroes 2 $12.99
Singularity $14.99
Dark Void $7.99[/QUOTE]Those look like prices in my store too.

[quote name='exaznkid']You might want to keep it in the hrink wrap and watch some gameplay videos, I have not played splatter house myself but from what I hear the gameplay is very repetitive so if you are down for the whole ripping things apart for a few hours then the game might be for you, but if you're likely to get bored real fast then splatterhouse might just end up collecting dust on ur shelf, especially if you have other games in ur backlog.[/QUOTE]

Luckily, I am down for ripping things apart. I started it and played for a bit to try it out. I like it so far.

[quote name='Ironlocke']I went into the OP's k-mart earlier today and saw the $9.99 sale. It said it ends 10/26 in small font. There's a bin with a bunch of X-box games, a section of Wii and DS games, and the PS3 bin. Didn't see much that stood out in the x-box bin (saw lego harry potter) but then again, I don't have an x-box. I can confirm seeing Bayonetta for PS3. I also saw a bunch of copies of FF13, Dragon Age: Origins, Singularity, Little Big Planet: GOTY, Lego Rock Band, and Brutal Legend all for PS3.

Is Splatterhouse any good? I was willing to bite since it was only 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Awesome game at this price. I wouldn't recommend it for more than $25.

I thought the graphics were pretty good. Might be a bit repetitive with the combat, but pretty cool story and good music. The executions are pretty nice too.

Very graphic violence, but well worth the trip. Plus you unlock the old Splatterhouse games as well.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Awesome game at this price. I wouldn't recommend it for more than $25.

I thought the graphics were pretty good. Might be a bit repetitive with the combat, but pretty cool story and good music. The executions are pretty nice too.

Very graphic violence, but well worth the trip. Plus you unlock the old Splatterhouse games as well.[/QUOTE]
I forgot that you could unlock the old Splatterhouse games, I guess this is a pretty solid deal

I picked up Resistance 2 for $10 and my local Kmart and all the other games the OP mentioned were the same. Thinking about going back for Vanquish and Medal of Honor. Id be happy to help anyone out for cost plus shipping if you really want a specific title. BTW my local Kmart is the same BX, NY location.

[quote name='soonersfan60']It didn't when I first clicked on it and ran out to K-mart... ;)[/QUOTE]

well i know from the start of the thread it had YMMV and BxNY came very fast after that. its all good i can get mad for no reason sometimes you have that same right ;)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Wasn't Josh (kmartgamer) going to post a list ?[/QUOTE]

Yup, but shockingly it got bumped to Monday with the release of the deal for MW3

[quote name='Lonegunman718']well i know from the start of the thread it had YMMV and BxNY came very fast after that. its all good i can get mad for no reason sometimes you have that same right ;)[/QUOTE]

It didn't say "only" in the title... and I'm just having fun. :cool:

(I check out K-mart clearance from time to time, but never would have thought that Heavy Rain was on clearance because it is a more recent title than what they usually clear out.)

[quote name='flix1']Found :ps3: Motorstorm: Pacific Drift for $14.99 this morning. It was marked as $19.99.[/QUOTE]

It's been 19.99 for months. I picked up my copy for that price back in febuary. Oh and its rift not drift :)

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Did anyone check the Manhattan stores for these prices today?[/QUOTE]

I might go to the 34 street one later today. I'll let you guys know what I find

[quote name='strait edge follower']I might go to the 34 street one later today. I'll let you guys know what I find[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I will be checking the Astor one later, and will post findings.

Where exactly is the 34th one? Do they have an entrance on street level?

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Thanks. I will be checking the Astor one later, and will post findings.

Where exactly is the 34th one? Do they have an entrance on street level?[/QUOTE]

It's right by msg and the artist formally known as boarders. There is indeed a street level entrance

Say what games are you looking for in this sale anyway ? If I fond something you are looking for but the kmart you are going to doesn't have it mabye I could get it for you and vice versa. Mabye we could trade or something

[quote name='illennium']I can check Brooklyn tomorrow probably. Mostly looking for Heavy Rain, Saints Row Double Pack, Dragon Age Ultimate.[/QUOTE]

If I can't find what I'm looking for ill hit you up as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back