[DEAD] K-Mart Clearance (Only BxNY) $9.99, Dead Space 2 LE, Vanquish, Heavy Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

thakingrocka

CAGiversary!
YMMV

10/21 Update:
[ I went to the store again today and found a few new games while some games were no longer available. Though I believed this would be a franchise-wide clearance, it may not be despite SHC's comments. He hasn't posted a clearance list since this past Tuesday, so for now, we'll have to just assume it's regional or this location only. Sorry if anyone went too far off, but as so often is necessary, YMMV was in the post from the get-go. ]

I saw a ton of games there, too many to remember and list. That Dead Space 2 LE comes with Extraction by the way. As always, YMMV. I went in to pick up Arkham City with the $30 GC and ended up buying four other games too. NOTE: Some of the games were GH versions and some had stickers with 19.99 and all, but most of the games had no stickers or any markings at all on the shrink-wrap.

Bronx, NY - Bay Plaza

Here are some others I remember:
Added Games for 10/21
Bulletstorm (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (360)

Crackdown
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (PS3)
Medal of Honor
Resistance 1
Resistance 2 (not GH)
Killzone 2 (GH)
DJ Hero (game only, all systems)
Brutal Legend
God of War Collection
Halo 3 ODST
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare GotY (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3)
Fable III
The Beatles: Rock Band
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Band Hero
Dead Space 2 LE
Heavy Rain

Lonegunman718 reported:
saints row double pack
dragon age origins ultimate edition
tron evolution

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thegame85']I went to a nearby store, Redwood City CA, and I didn't see a single non-wii game on clearance. :([/QUOTE]
I went to the one in Hayward, and they have a few Xbox360 + PS3 games. I found 2 Yakuza 3 for $14.99 each. Found one vanquish but it shows up $19.99.

[quote name='fadersdream']I wish I had waited bacause it wasn't worth the twenty I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

It was worth the $60 I paid.

[quote name='mjoa123']It was worth the $60 I paid.[/QUOTE]

It was a masterpiece. That game is kinda like Shenmue where some people absolutely love and some hated it.

No go in K-mart in des plaines IL I only saw bioshock 2 for 9.99

There's been a massive amount of clearance stuff at mine for months at 15-20. Have to check it out and see if they finally dropped some more.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I went to the one in Hayward, and they have a few Xbox360 + PS3 games. I found 2 Yakuza 3 for $14.99 each. Found one vanquish but it shows up $19.99.[/QUOTE]
Yakuza 3 has been $14.99 for a while at Kmart, I believe. It sucks that these $10 games are so highly YMMV, as there's at least 1-3 I'd probably pick up in a second if they would come up the correct price in store.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yakuza 3 has been $14.99 for a while at Kmart, I believe. It sucks that these $10 games are so highly YMMV, as there's at least 1-3 I'd probably pick up in a second if they would come up the correct price in store.[/QUOTE]

ah I see, it's still a decent price for the game, if it wasn't for the amount of credits @ amazon, I would've gotten it. So i decided to get it used at AWD. :D Now i'm waiting for Yakuza 4 to be under $20 and I'll buy it back.

[quote name='spedmunki']There's no clearance at my store, they just have the 19.99 games bin....[/QUOTE]
It may not be marked as being on clearance, but may ring up as such. The only way to know for certain is to scan it.

[quote name='fadersdream']I wish I had waited bacause it wasn't worth the twenty I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

WHAAAAA?!!!? Easily one of my favorites, especially when using a Move controller. To each his own tho...

This is legit. I asked Josh and he said the prices have been sent down to every store and the stores have 7 days to activate them.

[quote name='@kmartgamer']The new drops are in the system but they can take up to 7 days to activate in store so it is still YMMV[/quote]

Awesome. But my one an only chance for a K-Mart run is tonight. I better pray my Kmart did it already.

Also thanks Scorch.

[quote name='Scorch']This is legit. I asked Josh and he said the prices have been sent down to every store and the stores have 7 days to activate them.[/QUOTE]
Bout time they finally drop some titles to clear them out.;) Now if only they had done that before my gold mine Kmart decided to sift through the layers of old games in their cases and put them out on the $19.99 and under shelves properly marked.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Bout time they finally drop some titles to clear them out.;) Now if only they had done that before my gold mine Kmart decided to sift through the layers of old games in their cases and put them out on the $19.99 and under shelves properly marked.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

They did the same thing at my local Kmart. They had quite a few Warhawk & Socom bundles (both of which came with headset) tucked away in the back of the case a few months ago. They put them out on the shelves with the correct pricing, and within a couple weeks they were gone.:cry:

I thought 19.99 was still too much to pay (stupid I know) so I decided to wait for another clearance price drop. Didn't pan out too well, but whatever...

I still have one of the SOCOM bundles from Sears clearance. It has the official headset in it(though they released a newer version of that now, right?), so it should be worth something to someone. I personally can't stand those in-ear headsets, but I wanted to try out the game.

Unfortunately it's online mp only I think. Otherwise I'd probably give it a whirl.

couple more to the $9.99 list

saints row double pack
tron evolution

went in for batman ended up picking up DA and Tron, stashed the double pack for later :)

kmarts converting me over from amazon with all the deals as of late.

[quote name='Lonegunman718']couple more to the $9.99 list

saints row double pack
tron evolution

went in for batman ended up picking up DA and Tron, stashed the double pack for later :)

kmarts converting me over from amazon with all the deals as of late.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I've wanted to try out the dragon age games for awhile, and for $10 it's a no-brainer.

only game KMart in Frankfort, KY had on sale was bioshock 2, but i already have that...heavy rain was what i wanted, but it still scanned at 29.99$

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. I may have to take a trek to Kmart for the DA O UE for $10.[/QUOTE]

I have DA:O. Sadly it's sitting there waiting for me to play...

I want to play it with the limited time I have, but my CAG side says "beat the new game with the high TiV before it drops".

I also have DS1 and 2 that I really want to play after talking in length about Fatal frame in one of the threads.

My wife laughs cause I have been running on like 5 hours of sleep max a night because of it being the only time I can play these new releases. Sounds like you might be in the same boat IATCG

[quote name='soonersfan60']I picked up PS3 Bioshock 2 sealed because that's all I could find in Columbus. (Would trade for PS3 Heavy Rain or maybe Tron... PM me please.)[/QUOTE]

Which one? Cause I was thinking of hitting the GC one since I haven't been there in like 3 weeks and it was a quick glance run at that.

I mentioned in the other thread that my store had Brutal Legend go down to $13 as well as Red Faction Guerrilla at $13 as well for the PS3. Heavy Rain and DS2 did not go down h less it was in the last day for all stores.

[quote name='Lonegunman718']couple more to the $9.99 list

saints row double pack
tron evolution

kmarts converting me over from amazon with all the deals as of late.[/QUOTE]

Saints Row Double pack and DA:O UE for $20? I'm in. I hope my Kmart is up to date with prices.

[quote name='LCS213']Is it possible to return/re-buy some of these games if they're ringing up higher today?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure K-Mart won't say no to more money. ;)

I'll check out my K-Mart today. I was admittedly skeptical last night, and I didn't want to make a drive out in the tempest if it turned out to be YMMV.

Negative in Tallahassee, Fl....stopped by this morning and realized why I don't game shop at K-Mart...

They keep all the games spine out, so if you want to find a price, you have to ask someone....UGH!!!

lessthan12parsecs:cry:

[quote name='lessthan12parsecs']Negative in Tallahassee, Fl....stopped by this morning and realized why I don't game shop at K-Mart...

They keep all the games spine out, so if you want to find a price, you have to ask someone....UGH!!!

lessthan12parsecs:cry:[/QUOTE]
Do they have price scanners for other items in the store? If they do, you can print out the upc's of the games you want and scan them that way. I think there's a guide for how to find a specific upc and print the barcode for it in the Target clearance thread op.

[quote name='Scorch']This is legit. I asked Josh and he said the prices have been sent down to every store and the stores have 7 days to activate them.[/QUOTE]
Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.

Damn. I was kinda hoping the ones that're all listed here were truly going to $10 or so each. That's my buy price for many of them, especially after hearing about the 'combat' in HR being mostly quick time events(timed button pressing crap).

The Pontiac, IL Kmart had DJ Hero 1 bundles for $15 (with clearance stickers). They also had some of the Guitar Hero bundles, also clearanced at $15. That shitty Tony Hawk game bundle was $15, too.

They had a full RB2 bundle set clearanced...I'm thinking $50? Something around there. They also had DDR Ultramix 4 (Xbox) bundle for $15. :lol:

I didn't even think to go through the bins, as they've been filled with the same $20 games for months now. I really want Vanquish...especially at $10. They also have Rock Band 3 that I still need; $10 or less on that would be perfect.

Wow, I can;t wait for this to go active for real. My location has like 10+ copies of all these games right now. I hope the newest Medal of Honor goes down, they have like 30 copies of it at 19.99

I saw the clearance section but no games there that were note worthy. In fact, they had a bunch of old bundles that were stickered but not priced competitively. Most of the games mentioned in the OP were still behind the glass case and it looks like it's YMMV for now so i will wait and watch.

Just got back from the Cookietown K-Mart. I asked the guy to scan DJ Hero and Fable III (they were the only ones mentioned here that weren't in the case) and they both rang up normal price. I told him about the clearance and how it worked, though, and said I'd come back later this week.

Yeah I scanned a few titles in the first post just now at my local store and they were regular price. I'm going to wait for Josh to post the actual list before I get too excited.

Just got back from my kmart and no cigar evrything rang up at normal price. Dont go in with high hopes as i did and only come out with a bag of chips and a drink...

Sad to say this, but everything rang up at the stickered price. I REALLY wanted to get DAOUE for $10. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit skeptical of these game deals, only because games such as Fable III, DAOUE, Dead Space 2, and Heavy Rain still have a sticker price of $29.99. That drastic of a price drop is odd to say the least. Perhaps they were mislabeled at the OP's store. Add to that the fact that nobody has been able to replicate this deal...

On a side note I was looking through the case and guess what, they had no price sticker or any sign of Batman Arkham City. Surprise, surprise.:roll:

[quote name='boredasfook']Just got back from my kmart and no cigar evrything rang up at normal price. Dont go in with high hopes as i did and only come out with a bag of chips and a drink...[/QUOTE]

You think that's bad, I briefly considered buying a Little Caesars pizza, but luckily came to my senses...:puke:

[quote name='skateraXVIII']You think that's bad, I briefly considered buying a Little Caesars pizza, but luckily came to my senses...:puke:[/QUOTE]

I love Little Caesars :drool:

Didn't see any of the $9.99 titles. Saw a bunch of $20 games marked down to $15. Picked up Resident Evil Wii and RE: Zero Wii for $15 each. Already have Vanquish and Heavy Rain. Would like Dead Space 2 LE, but already have Extraction on Wii.

Also, is the Move control option available on the PSN as a separate download for those who have the regular version of Heavy Rain?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Didn't see any of the $9.99 titles. Saw a bunch of $20 games marked down to $15. Picked up Resident Evil Wii and RE: Zero Wii for $15 each. Already have Vanquish and Heavy Rain. Would like Dead Space 2 LE, but already have Extraction on Wii.

Also, is the Move control option available on the PSN as a separate download for those who have the regular version of Heavy Rain?[/QUOTE]

I bought the black label version of HR USED at BB and it included Move support. Must have been with a firmware update I'm guessing? That was quite a while ago too.

[quote name='lessthan12parsecs']Negative in Tallahassee, Fl....stopped by this morning and realized why I don't game shop at K-Mart...

lessthan12parsecs:cry:[/QUOTE]
Hey, another dude from Tallahassee. I've been wondering if there was anyone else here. Yea, our Kmart sucks. I still may try tonight on my way home. Make 'em do work for once in their GD lives. You at FSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back