[DEAD] K-Mart Clearance (Only BxNY) $9.99, Dead Space 2 LE, Vanquish, Heavy Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

thakingrocka

CAGiversary!
YMMV

10/21 Update:
[ I went to the store again today and found a few new games while some games were no longer available. Though I believed this would be a franchise-wide clearance, it may not be despite SHC's comments. He hasn't posted a clearance list since this past Tuesday, so for now, we'll have to just assume it's regional or this location only. Sorry if anyone went too far off, but as so often is necessary, YMMV was in the post from the get-go. ]

I saw a ton of games there, too many to remember and list. That Dead Space 2 LE comes with Extraction by the way. As always, YMMV. I went in to pick up Arkham City with the $30 GC and ended up buying four other games too. NOTE: Some of the games were GH versions and some had stickers with 19.99 and all, but most of the games had no stickers or any markings at all on the shrink-wrap.

Bronx, NY - Bay Plaza

Here are some others I remember:
Added Games for 10/21
Bulletstorm (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (360)

Crackdown
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (PS3)
Medal of Honor
Resistance 1
Resistance 2 (not GH)
Killzone 2 (GH)
DJ Hero (game only, all systems)
Brutal Legend
God of War Collection
Halo 3 ODST
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare GotY (360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3)
Fable III
The Beatles: Rock Band
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Band Hero
Dead Space 2 LE
Heavy Rain

Lonegunman718 reported:
saints row double pack
dragon age origins ultimate edition
tron evolution

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RColaUAB']Went to a K-Mart near me and I didn't see any clearance items; however, I may have overlooked them because the entire store was so cluttered and unorganized.

On top of that, K-Mart is supposedly sponsoring a "safety week" so they had a girl follow me all the way to my car, unsolicited and after mentioning that I was in a hurry, to sell me Geico insurance and get me to repair my windshield. I have a tiny nick on the side of my windshield from rock damage that I've never even noticed. Ugh. The whole experience was just awkward and I doubt I'll be going back to K-Mart, regardless of the deals.[/QUOTE]

ouch that would really bother me too

wasted gas and time .... no go at the store checked

[quote name='RColaUAB']Went to a K-Mart near me and I didn't see any clearance items; however, I may have overlooked them because the entire store was so cluttered and unorganized.

On top of that, K-Mart is supposedly sponsoring a "safety week" so they had a girl follow me all the way to my car, unsolicited and after mentioning that I was in a hurry, to sell me Geico insurance and get me to repair my windshield. I have a tiny nick on the side of my windshield from rock damage that I've never even noticed. Ugh. The whole experience was just awkward and I doubt I'll be going back to K-Mart, regardless of the deals.[/QUOTE]

lol, that's hard to believe. If that happened to me I would make the person feel uncomfortable by hitting on her or something, lol.

My local ad says 30-50% off clearance items. Had them ring up 5 games. All came up full price. Asked if they took off anymore since it was 30-50% off clearance this week.

Said nope. Price is the price. 3 of the 5 games I checked were "clearanced" to what is now the MSRP. On the way out I saw a manager tag so just asked if what he said was true as some employees dont always know everything.

She said all their clearanced games are already between 30-50% off so why would they mark them down any further.

I remember why I dont like going to kmart anymore.

Swing and a miss, and an unpleasant experience to track someone down, open the case and check a price. Yeah...don't think I'll go back.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']lol, that's hard to believe. If that happened to me I would make the person feel uncomfortable by hitting on her or something, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The worst part is that it was part of "K-Mart's Safety Week" and not just random solicitors in a parking lot. I don't know why K-Mart thought it would be a good idea to have people harassing their customers.

Oh well- I guess I don't have to worry about it since I don't plan on going back there.

All those items mentioned in the OP were still regular price at my store. I thought it was mentioned that Kmart clearance prices should eventually be reflected at all stores, after they get around to scanning that price drop sheet.

[quote name='bruceg']All those items mentioned in the OP were still regular price at my store. I thought it was mentioned that Kmart clearance prices should eventually be reflected at all stores, after they get around to scanning that price drop sheet.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how they do the price drops, but they were still changing tags at my store. The games that had dropped in price were already ringing up at the lower price even with the old tag. Found a copy of Resonance of Fate marked $19.99 but rang up $14.99, so I'm guessing the prices I scanned yesterday are going to be the latest drops.

Found nothing at my store in Laredo Tx, the only one we have here, the only one was Bioshock 2 but i already have that one, all the other games were regular price(19.99-29.99).

I dont know if this has been said or you might want to add this, but I managed to snag a copy of "the third birthday" for the psp for $9.99, also Soul Calibur Broken Destiny was on priced at $14.99 if anyone is interested, if you can't find them at your store I can pick one up for you but it will probably cost you about $4 plus for shipping, gas and tax.

I could be wrong but I think what's going on is that these games are part of their value games line. If anyone remembers a couple years ago people were finding brand new PSP games (NBA 2k10, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo) priced at $9.99 BUT it was only the ones bearing the $9.99 "Great Games Great Prices" red value games label with a UPC sticker over the original UPC.

The reason I say this is because that would explain why we haven't seen an official word on a clearance sale from Josh and why some people are finding these games and others aren't. I too was able to find 3rd Birthday along with a few other "Great Games Great Prices" stickered games that I know I didn't see last time I was at Kmart. Also, this would explain why the prices being quoted as being found by people are ending in $x.99 and not $x.97 as the usual KMart clearance prices go.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I could be wrong but I think what's going on is that these games are part of their value games line. If anyone remembers a couple years ago people were finding brand new PSP games (NBA 2k10, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo) priced at $9.99 BUT it was only the ones bearing the $9.99 "Great Games Great Prices" red value games label with a UPC sticker over the original UPC.

The reason I say this is because that would explain why we haven't seen an official word on a clearance sale from Josh and why some people are finding these games and others aren't. I too was able to find 3rd Birthday along with a few other "Great Games Great Prices" stickered games that I know I didn't see last time I was at Kmart. Also, this would explain why the prices being quoted as being found by people are ending in $x.99 and not $x.97 as the usual KMart clearance prices go.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. When I went today, I noticed some games with that red sticker that had not been there yesterday. The games with the red sticker were $9.99 I believe. I don't even remember what game it was that had a sticker on it though (must have been shovelware since I don't remember)

[quote name='mr mellow']This thread needs to be moved and put on ice until further conformation on these drops from Josh[/QUOTE]

i agree. josh told me the prices here dont seem right with the markdowns that he has.

[quote name='RColaUAB']On top of that, K-Mart is supposedly sponsoring a "safety week" so they had a girl follow me all the way to my car, unsolicited and after mentioning that I was in a hurry, to sell me Geico insurance and get me to repair my windshield. I have a tiny nick on the side of my windshield from rock damage that I've never even noticed. Ugh. The whole experience was just awkward and I doubt I'll be going back to K-Mart, regardless of the deals.[/QUOTE]

That's either extremely coincidental or an incredible scam to get you to buy specific car insurance. :lol:

[quote name='donut']wait 8 pages and has more than one or maybe two members found these prices?[/QUOTE]

I did, at same store op mentioned...

[quote name='driverhasabomb']Can we edit the thread title until Josh chimes in? These deals are clearly not working.[/QUOTE]

He DID chime in but apparently no one can read.

For anyone wondering, he did state that there was a new drop, but that some of the titles that were being listed were probably not supposed to be included/dropped; he said that he would post the new list in the main K-Mart thread, but nothing, as of yet...

This is what was listed on my receipt for reference. Maybe SHC can say something about the A showing up after each game.

01008668032 BAYONETTA A 9.99 T
01008668045 VANQUISH 360 A 9.99 T
01463315888 DEAD SPACE 2 A 9.99 T
71171981642 PS3 HVY RAIN A 9.99 T

[quote name='thakingrocka']This is what was listed on my receipt for reference. Maybe SHC can say something about the A showing up after each game.

71171981642 PS3 HVY RAIN A 9.99 T[/QUOTE]

Hey any more heavy rain copys there ? I'm a quick train ride from that kmart

Went to my local kmart here in Redlands CA and looked at every single fucking ps3 and 360 game. Cheapest ones were $14.99(rb country track pack 2, gh metallica, etc) but none were what the op said. Actually, cheapest game was Dark Void for $7.99. That game would be worth it if I hadn't already picked it up.....what a waste. Ah wells

Made a trip to the Paramus New Jersey store, and the clearance prices were a no go. All the titles mentioned were on the $19.99 or less clearance table but they were still priced regularly. I was extremely disappointed when I went to scan Shadows of the Dammed and it came up for $40, yet it was placed on the table. Heavy Rain was priced at $30 yet on the table, and Vanquish was $20. Lots of titles to choose from at the store but not very good prices. For people that check it out, there is a clearance section in the front of the store as well as in the electronics section.

[quote name='thakingrocka']This is what was listed on my receipt for reference. Maybe SHC can say something about the A showing up after each game.

71171981642 PS3 HVY RAIN A 9.99 T[/QUOTE]

Is Dead Space 2 the box set or the regular case that says limited edition?

[quote name='buckythekat']first visit to K-Mart in almost five years and Heavy Rain rang up for $29.99...

not bothering with that again[/QUOTE]

Was that the Move edition?

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Not sure why Heavy Rain is listed or some of the others. I'll publish a confirmed list in the KG thread.[/QUOTE]

Awwww, I was hoping to get Heavy Rain for a good price finally.

man I remember I had a great run with K-Mart back in 06 or 07 I believe.. was getting 360 games for $5 and $7.. X-men the movie, some superbike game, phantasy star, cabelas.. anyone else remember that run they had?

[quote name='exaznkid']I dont know if this has been said or you might want to add this, but I managed to snag a copy of "the third birthday" for the psp for $9.99, also Soul Calibur Broken Destiny was on priced at $14.99 if anyone is interested, if you can't find them at your store I can pick one up for you but it will probably cost you about $4 plus for shipping, gas and tax.[/QUOTE]

Well my store sucks [damn Joliet]I know that much from going there multiple times. I'm assuming your able to get both [Soul Calibur/3rd Birthday]if you are I maybe interested just have to wait till I can make sure the PSP coming in today works properly.

[quote name='pimpster4183']man I remember I had a great run with K-Mart back in 06 or 07 I believe.. was getting 360 games for $5 and $7.. X-men the movie, some superbike game, phantasy star, cabelas.. anyone else remember that run they had?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I remember those long gone days.:cry: Back then it was typical to walk in with $20-30 and walk out with 5-8 games for that amount of money.:) Now you need to be on the 'coupon train' to get any substantial discount on anything gaming related there and usually the only way onto that train is by paying MSRP in CASH for a title to get things rolling. But isn't the whole point of CAG to get games at cheap prices? To me it is.

[quote name='pimpster4183']man I remember I had a great run with K-Mart back in 06 or 07 I believe.. was getting 360 games for $5 and $7.. X-men the movie, some superbike game, phantasy star, cabelas.. anyone else remember that run they had?[/QUOTE]

yea, it's sad to see the clearance games not dropping to 4.97 mark, even 2.97 sometimes anymore. it was a goldmine for me. i'd pick up at least 10-15 "good" titles for the year for under 60-70 bucks. plus the kmart used to be just down the street. ever since that one closed down, clearance hasn't been the same.

The problem is that too many people are chasing clearance items (not just games), and stores (not specifically K-mart) figured out they just need to say "clearance" without any substantial discount to get morons to buy stuff in droves. I've seen stuff marked "clearance" that was higher than their sale price from a few weeks ago, and people were still buying the stuff! Idiots.

Been to 2 kmarts, Deep Space 2 LE rings ups at 29.99. Is the 9.99 clearance really really YMMV or they not updating their system?

edit: nvm, only 19.99 red tagged and updated with clearance, YMMV

That's like Target around here. People snap up stuff at 15% off without waiting for possible future percentage drops. It's very frustrating if you're trying to grab X or Y game and there's nothing left to grab after a week.

All you need to do is download the move support patch. It's not like resident evil where you have to have a certain version[quote name='diishen']Was that the Move edition?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='soonersfan60']The problem is that too many people are chasing clearance items (not just games), and stores (not specifically K-mart) figured out they just need to say "clearance" without any substantial discount to get morons to buy stuff in droves. I've seen stuff marked "clearance" that was higher than their sale price from a few weeks ago, and people were still buying the stuff! Idiots.[/QUOTE] have you ever seen Wal-Mart clearance? Alot of stuff they simply round it down to the nearest dollar, literally taking off only $0.97 and calling it clearance!

[quote name='thakingrocka']Aren't they all?[/QUOTE]

Mind's at a T in the road by two fairly heavily traffic-ed highways. There's a few businesses around and then some redneck looking houses.

It's also usually desolate outside of when tour buses that use the parking lot for trips to Atlantic City/New York and, of course, when the NASCAR trucks driveby once a year on a Sunday afternoon/night. People set up lawnchairs just to cheer them.

That K-Mart is within walking distance from me and it's one of the worst stores I've ever been to (not to mention the area also). The employees usually have no clue what you're inquiring about...that is, if you're lucky to even find an employee

[quote name='shadowkast']have you ever seen Wal-Mart clearance? Alot of stuff they simply round it down to the nearest dollar, literally taking off only $0.97 and calling it clearance![/QUOTE]

heck yea. walmart's clearance is the worst. it's not even worth calling clearance. it also never goes below the 10cents that's marked off of it. but still the walmartards eat that shit up.

[quote name='shadowkast']All you need to do is download the move support patch. It's not like resident evil where you have to have a certain version[/QUOTE]

I don't think he was concerned about whether or not Heavy Rain worked with Move, but was inquiring if perhaps the packaging mattered for the clearance pricing. I was wondering the same thing myself, since the only Heavy Rain I saw at K-mart was the Move version... and it rang up $29.99. Perhaps they're all in the Move packaging, but I haven't shopped for this game before and thought maybe there was a non-Move branded Heavy Rain which would qualify for the clearance pricing (and perhaps that's what I should be searching for).

My Kmart in Salt lake city, Utah was bone dry, no clearance games below the $19.99 mark, slim pickings even then. They aren't terrible, I have found some great deals there, just not since about 2008

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's like Target around here. People snap up stuff at 15% off without waiting for possible future percentage drops. It's very frustrating if you're trying to grab X or Y game and there's nothing left to grab after a week.[/QUOTE]

The worst is when they keep the clearance games on the shelves along with the normal priced stuff. I've two local targets that do that and I've had zero luck getting anything at the 50% off mark. The lowest it will hit before disappearing is 30% off and like you pointed out, it's usually gone long before that.
But there's a third Target that still puts clearance games on an endcap a few rows away from the game section. I hit pay dirt all the time at that one.

So let's hope not every Target figures out that it's best for them to not separate the clearance games from the rest of the inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back