[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

Anyone know why NBA Street vol. 2 rang up at $49.99 at my KB? Seemed like all of the other games on the list were marked appropriately. Could it be that they needed to hit "total" for the clearance price to be applied? If so, I hate myself for not buying the last copy.

tarleslaw, what system were you buying NBA Street for?, from the looks of the list, it seems to only be on sale for the Xbox, the PS2 version seems to be the normal price :(

Yeah it was the xbox one, but it was behind the glass and wasn't marked down. Also, it wasn't there until the third time I went to the store. Maybe I should have asked about the list or something.

After trips to 3 different KB stores, I was able to get all the games I wanted except for two. The games I was able to get are : Panzer Dragoon Orta, Otogi, Dark Cloud 2, Ico, F-Zero GX, and Boktai. I would have picked up the Contra GBA game too, but it was the last copy, and the box was trashed.

The 2 I couldn't find at any store are DDRMAX (PS2) and Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (GBA). Anyone have any luck finding these two games at your local KB?

Just wondering do they price match their own store? If I got Silent Hill at another kb for 40, will a 9.99-19.99-sale store give me the difference...

wow, too bad there aint any sales going on in any stores in MN.....dissapointing.

and is it just me or do these boards run very slow in my IE window? like they take up CPU space to scroll......meh, perhaps it's the high amount of detail.

Oh, so there really weren't any stores with this deal in Minnesota? Well, that would explain why the 3 I called didn't run it. BTW, why the hell are there TWO KB stores in the same mall? I mean, it's a big mall, but still...

Oh well, maybe the 20% stores will lower thier prices some more in the coming weeks (if they have anything left, that is).

If anyone lives near Springfield, VA, you want to drive out to the KB Toys in Springfield mall as they still have a good selection of $9.99-19.99 games. Especially for the Xbox. Most of the games are behind the counter in the glass case which is probably why they have so much. You'll be able to tell which games are on sale cause they have that BIG green price tag along the spine of the game case.

I know they have WaveRace for GC - $14.99 and Metroid Prime GC - $19.99 but beyond that I couldn't see.

Hope this helps.

-DaPhatty

I took a second trip to KB Toys yesterday. I was surprised to see they still had a good selection of Xbox games since the last time I was there on Saturday. But most of the $9.99 Xbox games were gone. I did pick up...

Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus (Xbox) $9.99
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X (Xbox) $9.99

I will go back after Christmas and see what else I can buy...

By the way, how much is...

Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack (Xbox)
Sega GT/JSRF combo (Xbox)
Soul Calibur II (Xbox)

Dont know if it was mentioned yet but the kb in the galleria mall in poughkeepsie, NY is sorta running the sale. they mostly had crap games for sale but i was able to pick up bloodrayne, midnight club 2, panzer dragoon orta and DOA 3 for under $50. dont know what the have anymore.

Hey jt, I hate to be "one of those guys"....
but could you check the prices of Godzilla: DAMM for both cube/xbox?

eternally grateful (just for the sale in general)

I saw a lot of games at my KB (Seattle South Center), but there were a lot of people today it was hard to see what's back in their display case...
But I got myself:
Silent Hill 3 19.99
PN03 19.99
NBA Street 2 (XBOX) 9.99

I bet there are others too, but there were just too many people standing in front of the counter, I have to stand really far back to see what's in their display case.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']I took a second trip to KB Toys yesterday. I was surprised to see they still had a good selection of Xbox games since the last time I was there on Saturday. But most of the $9.99 Xbox games were gone. I did pick up...

Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus (Xbox) $9.99
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X (Xbox) $9.99

I will go back after Christmas and see what else I can buy...

By the way, how much is...

Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack (Xbox)
Sega GT/JSRF combo (Xbox)
Soul Calibur II (Xbox)
[/quote]

You can get a used copy of the GT/JSRF combo at Gamestop for $4

If the store doesn't have a game on sale, but its supposed to be on sale, try price checking. I went to 3 different stores in NY and they basically had the same games on sale and 1 store didn't have Amplitude marked down to $9.99 so I asked for it anyways and it came up $9.99. They said that all the stores should have the same sale prices.

I made a second trip back yesterday to my one local K.B. Toys shop this is still having the sale (and has any inventory). I was surprised that they still had a decent inventory and picked up Otogi, Ico and Drakan 2 for a total of $35. (I originally went by last Saturday morning and picked up Indiana Jones & Emperor's Tomb, Silent Hill 3, Clock Tower 3, etc.) I think the reason for K.B.'s surplus inventory is that most people think of this place as a toy store. A lot of game shoppers don't go there looking for bargains, and combined with little to no advertising, this leaves K.B. Toys making few video games sales throughout the year, much like Blockbuster with their new game sales.

Godzilla: DAMM (Cube) - $14.99 Regular Priced
(Xbox): $?.?? I've never seen it in my store, sorry.

Hey Jt do ya know if your store has any nba street vol2 xbox left or harmony of dissonence? And do you think that the stores are gonna get in more shipments of videogames? Thanks

Sorry.. We've got neither. And, yes we are deff gonna get more shipments, who knows if they are gonna be of these games...

My local KB (mall store) ran the deal, but only on "specially marked" games. The two deals I was looking for--Silent Hill 3 and Eternal Darkness--weren't being given, both games were still at regular price. I even asked someone who worked there... :evil:

I went there and though the stock was a mess, I got the last (i think) Silent Hill 3 and the 2nd to last Amplitude today (Fri 26th).
Its in the Greenbelt plaza mall.

Does anyone know if this sale has ended in other KB stores? I went to the one close to me and they said that the only sale they had was on XBox games only.

[quote name='jt2k3']X: The sale is going on until stock runs out.[/quote]

So even though there isn't any big sign saying something like "games for $9.99" in the store, a game like Xenosaga marked $29.99 should ring up for $9.99, right? Thanks, JT, looks like another trip to KB, I'm about to run out of money soon.

Just came back from KB toys and got Toe jam and earl and Kung fu choas for the Xbox. Also would anyone have an extra copy of tao fenq for sale or trade?

[quote name='ryosnk']Just came back from KB toys and got Toe jam and earl and Kung fu choas for the Xbox. Also would anyone have an extra copy of tao fenq for sale or trade?[/quote]

How much is Kung Fu Chaos... :?:

Christ, the one I went to wasn't even open. They had a schedule listed for every day of the month, and they were supposed to open at 10. it was 11:15

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, for 15 dollars. Anybody know how good this game is?

Good deal. I also saw Silent Hill 3, but didn't pick it up. I'm not a big fan of survival/horror games.

The KBToys in 7 Corners has a 50% off sale. Good news for Virginians, although you won't get anything much. All the good stuff is sold out.

[quote name='jt2k3']Keep checking the stores guys, we might be getting more shipments in.[/quote]

Say jt2k3, can you find out which stores nationwide are getting new shipments? Because the only KB Toys that has the Green Dot Sale in my area, is pretty far from my home. It's about a 30-40 minute drive...

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='jt2k3']Keep checking the stores guys, we might be getting more shipments in.[/quote]

Say jt2k3, can you find out which stores nationwide are getting new shipments? Because the only KB Toys that has the Green Dot Sale in my area, is pretty far from my home. It's about a 30-40 minute drive...[/quote]

Wouldn't it just be easier to call that store than wait for someone to try and find out which stores nationwide are getting shipments?

qlos, that's the same store I went to! Nice to see a CAG 'round these parts. Picked up Arc the Lad: TOTS and ClockTower 3 there as gifts since I already have them.

I just saw some good prices on Xbox games at the Cumberland Mall in Atlanta at KB Toys:

Oddworld: Munch's Oddyssey - $10
Panzer Dragoon Orta - $10
Vexx - $15

Several others for $10 or $15 but I can't remember them.

Three locations near me:
Downey,CA (stonewood mall)
Lakewood,CA (lakewood mall)
Cerritos, CA (cerritos mall)

I got all the things on my KB games list except panzer dragoon orta :*(

Is it common for a store to have both this clearance sale and the 20% off sale? Both KB Stores I have went to have had the clearance games for $9.99 - $19.99 but only for GBA while PS2, XBox and GCN games are only 20% off.

Yoshi: That means your store is going to be a GBA only store.

There are three classifications:

No Video Games (20% off sale)
GBA Only (9.99-19.99, 20% blanket on X,Gcn,Ps2)
All Video Games (9.99-19.99)

I just found Castlevania: Circle of the Moon priced at $20 and $15 on two different cartridges, but scanned at $9.99 new (at the KB in Hartsdale, NY).

[quote name='jt2k3']Yoshi: That means your store is going to be a GBA only store. [/quote]

Really? Just great :( The malls keep getting worse and worse. First both malls that have the KB's like that lost their arcades last year and both had FYE's close down and I guess now both malls have 1 less store for me to go to to check for video game deals.

bread's done
Back