[Dead] KBtoys Sale - Official CAG Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
400 out of 1300 KBtoys stores will no longer be selling games and will be clearing out their inventory. [news story]
*It appears that these stores are already selling games at 20% off.

*Starting this Saturday, December 20th, the remaining stores will be have a clearance sale which includes the deals listed below.

*I read on Fatwallet that some stores are simply going out of business and are having even bigger sales. I have started to list those stores as well (thanks FW).

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday.
KBtoys Store Locator

Complete Price List
provided by jt2k3
Please right click to save files to your computer
Complete list in zip format
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7

Call your local store to see which sale they are particapting in and if you wish, email me the results at [email protected] and I will keep the list updated.
jt2k3 has suggested that some employees may not talk about the sale until Friday. I am doing my best to keep the list accurate, but obviously it will not be 100% correct.
KBtoys Store Locator

Store Listings

Particpating store list - 20% off sale (most likely in progress now)
San Bernardino, CA - Inland Center Mall
Miami, FL - Dolphin Mall
Orlando, FL - Fashion Square Mall
Sunrise, FL - Sawgrass Mills
Tampa, FL - International Mall
Des Moines, IA- Merle Hay Mall
Des Moines, IA- Valley West Mall
Indianapolis, IN - Castleton Square Mall
Joliet, IL - Louis Joliet Mall
Lake Charles, LA
Columbia, MD - Mall of Columbia
Troy, MI - Oakland Mall
Springfield, MO - Battlefield Mall
Jacksonville, NC - Jacksonville Mall
Mahwah, NJ
Menlo Park, NJ
Amherst, NY - Boulevard Mall
Blasdell, NY - Mckinley Mall
Butler, PA - Clearview Mall
Wilkes Barre, PA
Scranton, PA - Viewmont Mall
York, PA
Rapid City, SD
Antioch, TN - Hickory Hollow Mall
Goodlettsville, TN - Rivergate Mall
Knoxville, TN - West Town Mall
Baytown, TX - San Jacinto Mall
Dallas, TX - Valley View Center
Dallas, TX - Willowbend Mall
Irving, TX - Irving Mall
Lewisville, TX - Vista Ridge Mall
Arlington, VA - Ballston Common
Manassas, VA
Kennewick, WA

Participating store list - $9.99-$19.99 sale (starts 12/20 unless noted)
Glendale, CA - Glendale Galleria
Montclair, CA - Montclair Plaza
Orlando, FL - Altamonte Mall
Orlando, FL - Florida Mall (Sunday)
Hanover, MD - Arundel Mills Mall
Medford, NY
New York, NY - Manhattan Mall (cheapyd's home turf)
Patchogue, NY
Selden, NY
Shirley, NY
Lancaster, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Century III Mall
Franklin, TN - Cool Springs Galleria
Arlington, VA - Fashion Ctr @ Pentagon City
Dulles, VA - Dulles Town Center
Walla Walla, WA
Parkersburg, WV

Stores going out of business - big sales on everything
Fort Lauderdale, FL - Galleria Mall (10% off games, 25% off everything else)
Atlanta, GA - Perimeter Mall (25%-50%)
Tulsa, OK - Eastland Mall (50% off everything)
Knoxville, TN - (KB Outlet)
Nashville , TN - 100 Oaks Mall, KBToy Outlet (50% off everyting, no games - store closing?)
7 Corners, VA
Fond du Lac, WI (50% off everything)
Madison, WI - East Towne Mall (25% off everything)

Just picked up:
PS2 Ninja Assault w/Gun Bundle for less than $15

Was not on display, asked if they had any guncon games and they pulled it out from under the counter.

I happened to be going by my local K.B. Toys shop yesterday (several weeks after my initial purchases there), and I was surprised to still see a number of excellent bargains are still available. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ico, Otogi, Drakan, Clock Tower 3, etc. were all in stock and plentiful. I already bought pretty much everything I wanted a couple of weeks back, but I decided to go ahead and give Aliens vs. Predator: Extinction a try. I figure that if K.B. Toys is going to keep the sale alive into the new year the least I can do is support their efforts with another sale or two.

If in Chicagoland area ( Indiana, South Suburbs of the chi) go to Lincoln mall. It still has SSX 3, THUG, and more. I hope they close that store and mall.

i got alien versus predator at kb yesterday originally $39.99 marked down to $9.99 (xbox) [last copy]

also Eternal Darkness originally $39.99 marked down to $14.99 (GC)... saw Eternal darkness but didnt buy it.

I picked up Dark Cloud 2 and Arc The Lad (PS2) for $15 a piece on Friday, they have some of the other marked down games as well, so deals are still possible if you can find it.

i think i'm gonna have to ask the ppl in the store, but i saw Wave Race for Gamecube for $49.99 with no sales tag on it, but on the list it says it should be $14.99.. not sure if it just went back up, or if they didnt put a tag on it.

i dont think it went back up. I went to KB last night and it still had the $14.99 tag. Plus i also bought it for my cousins christmas present(hehe, such a cheapass)

I just dropped about $200 on games at KB Toys. If you are in the Connecticut Hartford county area the Bristol and Southington stores are worth checking out. Don't bother with Plainville, its all crap now.

I REALLY wanted Otogi but out of the three stores I hit, no one had it. Ugh. :(
Here's what I got
Dino Crisis 3 Xbox 19.99
Arc the Lad PS2 14.99
Chaos Legion PS2 19.99
Clock Tower 3 PS2 9.99
Bloodrayne Xbox 9.99
Robotech Xbox 9.99
Moto GP 2 Xbox 14.99
Wild Arms 3 PS2 14.99
Shenmue II Xbox 9.99
Mark of Kri PS2 9.99
P.N.03 Gamecube 19.99
Breath of Fire II GBA 14.99

I think I made out pretty good. Two tips when buying though. If in doubt, have them price check. Some of these games were listed with the wrong prices (Mark of Kri, PN03 was listed as $39.99!). Also don't call ahead, just GO TO THE STORE. I did some calling yesterday to ask about Chaos Legion and Mark of Kri but ALL THREE stores said they didn't have them in stock. Chaos Legion I found in Bristol and Mark of Kri in Southington.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']If in Chicagoland area ( Indiana, South Suburbs of the chi) go to Lincoln mall. It still has SSX 3, THUG, and more. I hope they close that store and mall.[/quote]

Why do you want that KB Toys and the Lincoln Mall closed?...

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']I happened to be going by my local K.B. Toys shop yesterday (several weeks after my initial purchases there), and I was surprised to still see a number of excellent bargains are still available. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Ico, Otogi, Drakan, Clock Tower 3, etc. were all in stock and plentiful. I already bought pretty much everything I wanted a couple of weeks back, but I decided to go ahead and give Aliens vs. Predator: Extinction a try. I figure that if K.B. Toys is going to keep the sale alive into the new year the least I can do is support their efforts with another sale or two.[/quote]

Which KB did you go to? The one at Pentagon Fashion Center? I live in NoVA and would gladly go to where the games are.

I'm sure there are still a few deals to be had but with the exception of Boktai for 10 bucks I havent seen any game still in any of the NY stores I've visited that I couldnt get someplace else for the same prices.

I got PN03 from Defender's store for 19.99.

*thread merged*

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yesterday we were told to remove the 9.99, 14.99, and 19.99 stickers off of our clearance games. The deal has been going on for about 2 months now, so hopefully everyone got what they wanted already

[quote name='ayolykewhoa']Too bad. I spent over $100 on that sale alone.[/quote]

I hit way more than that, but did I ever get some great game deals :)

was there anything worth getting in the first place? The KB by me had nothing I couldn't find anywhere else for 9.99 and 14.99. Mobile light force, fantavision, hsx 9.99. Big whoop.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

It's always sad when a good deal has to die...

*lights a candle, puts it next to the burnt out one left for the Circuit City deal*

RIP

damn i need a job, 'cause i'd definitely dish out for the games. in fact, i just applied at Lowe's today. home improvement. stocking, it's gotta beat fast food.

[quote name='bmulligan']was there anything worth getting in the first place? The KB by me had nothing I couldn't find anywhere else for 9.99 and 14.99. Mobile light force, fantavision, hsx 9.99. Big whoop.[/quote]

You mustn't have travelled far. The one at Great Lakes Crossing had fantastic deals, and the one at Lakeside mall was OK too. There wee a few others in the area too, according to the list jt posted.

Jeesh! how many Michiganders are on this board?

I went to the one in pontiac, one in lansing, and one in Taylor. I don't get to auburn hills much even though it's not far from pontiac. Oh well, I have games I've never even cracked open yet.

bread's done
Back